Feng Shui

Christina Lily Pedersen

Question

Christina Lily Pedersen

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has any information on whether Michael has ever commented on Feng Shui? Thanks in advance!

• LIKE/LOVE 2

18 answers to this question

I don't know if Michael has commented on it directly...but there is a strong Taoism philosophy in it. Any material concerning Taoism, Lao Zi, or the free flowing of energy should provide some insights.

I do remember Maureen recently posted a piece about Tuscany and Michael commented on how the earth has their Chakras/energy centers/acupressure points/geographical vortex. I wonder if Feng Shui is related to finding the "acupressure points" that will allow the most free-flowing of energy. 

Edited by Cong
  • LIKE/LOVE 9
  • THANK YOU! 1
Christina Lily Pedersen
16 minutes ago, Cong said:

I don't know if Michael has commented on it directly...but there is a strong Taoism philosophy in it. Any material concerning Taoism, Lao Zi, or the free flowing of energy should provide some insights.

I do remember Maureen recently posted a piece about Tuscany and Michael commented on how the earth has their Chakras/energy centers/acupressure points/geographical vortex. I wonder if Feng Shui is related to finding the "acupressure points" that will allow the most free-flowing of energy. 

Thank you so much, Cong! 

Very interesting and definitely a place to start! 

I am very interested in Feng Shui these days, but there seem to be a lot of misinformation out there in general :)

• LIKE/LOVE 6

this is the only comment from Michael michael-speaks-may-2001

that i recall seeing

Michael_Entity] The Devic Energies will be “replaced” by the widening of consciousness of the Sentience that is using the planet at that time. It is not amiss to imagine that a Person will begin to recognize themselves in the Trees and Animals and Plants and Oceans and Mountains, thus treating them with a care that is empathic and compassionate. Sentience will literally bond with the Trees, for instance, as they bond with their own bodies, thus growing another step toward cycling off. The art of Feng Shui, though distorted in many ways in its application, is an aspect of this evolution. Some Transcendental Souls may begin teaching about these things more publicly, if they choose to manifest.

• LIKE/LOVE 9
  • THANK YOU! 2
Kerrin

I completed 2 years of a 3-year Black Hat Feng Shui certification course, dropping out in the last year because I found the philosophy just too "fear-based."  Yes, after a couple of decades with Michael, that was enough to tip me off that something was amiss.  A lot of it comes from a superstitious Chinese culture that seeks to prevent "bad things from happening" by hanging red strings, flutes or chanting Sanskrit mantras (Black Hat incorporates Chines, Tibetan and Hindu principles), etc.  At some point I figured out that all Feng Shui was really doing was "setting an intention"-  a new job, more money, love....basically the client was inviting that in by action and ritual.  A couple of my teachers were very psychically gifted and were good at clearing out lingering spirits or old, negative energies- but I personally drew the line at the idea of going into someone's home and telling them all the terrible things that could happen to them if "x,y and z" were not "remedied."

What I DID take away from Feng Shui was the importance of keeping clutter to a minimum, that energy (Chi) does flow though a space and can get blocked.  I also felt that there was some validity to working with someone's dominant element(s):  Fire, Wood, Metal, Water or Earth.  Many of us know the element attached to our Chinese Zodiac animal based on the year of birth (Metal Horse, for example)- but Chinese Astrology has 4 Pillars, which includes an animal/element for one's month, day and hour of birth also.  I am wondering if this ties in at all with what @Erickquoted above.  My own research has shown that most people seem to gravitate to the colors and materials that naturally balance their personal elements. 

So that is my 2 cents.  For the record, I do keep a string of Chinese coins hanging in the "Wealth Corner"- because I like it.  I have not won the lottery yet.

Edited by Kerrin
  • LIKE/LOVE 12
  • LOL 2
  • THANK YOU! 2
Leela Corman

In a session I no longer have access to, I asked them about the work of Karen Kingston, who is known mainly for her space clearing and clutter clearing work, but does also work with feng shui. They called her space clearing work quite valid, and called feng shui "dubious" ;) I think it may not always be of use to import culturally specific practices that might have little significance for us, though they might feel right for someone else, especially one who grew up in that culture. But I definitely think that there's something to the layout of rooms and such that is worth considering. I think this is individual and you will very likely know better than anyone else where to put your couch.

I space clear my home and studio regularly, though. That makes a big difference to me. If feng shui principles work for you, use them!

@Kerrin, what you say about "bad things happening" is interesting. China, like many places, suffered plenty of invasions and wars. It makes sense that people would do whatever they could to feel safer!

Edited by Leela Corman
  • LIKE/LOVE 13
Kerrin
4 hours ago, Leela Corman said:

@Kerrin, what you say about "bad things happening" is interesting. China, like many places, suffered plenty of invasions and wars. It makes sense that people would do whatever they could to feel safer!

I personally found some of the Feng Shui teachings too superstitious.  Not everyone can live in a perfectly symmetrical, "square" home-  with the bedroom perfectly situated in the Relationship quadrant, etc.  I am sure many wealthy people have their bathroom (poorly) placed in the Wealth corner-  and still have all their money, not having had it " all flush down the drain"!.  One of my former teachers (the one who happened to be Chinese)- made the statement that "people who live in Cul de Sacs were all dying from cancer" (assuming because the energy was blocked from being at the end of a dead-end street).  I (of course) commented that if such a thing were true, the real estate industry would have picked up on this-  and surely it would have made the news.  This same teacher told a classmate that "as a Fire Horse, she was too strong for a woman and would never find a mate."  WTF.  This teacher did not like me very much.

Crazier feng shui schools (Flying Star, I believe) have you running around every year, figuring out where to place your water fountain, etc - as the elements that correspond to each quadrant change positions each year.  I think I could hear the Michaels laughing.... I imagine if one truly believes their feng shui is screwed up, that they can manifest misfortune upon themselves.  The unfortunate truth is that many Feng Shui consultants use FEAR to make money, with those people who are currently facing hardship as the most vulnerable targets.

From a Michael perspective (and Abraham), it makes more sense to incorporate Feng Shui principles as a way to create the Intention of strengthening elements in one's life, rather than to take the approach of "preventing disaster." 

Edited by Kerrin
  • LIKE/LOVE 8
  • LOL 1
  • THANK YOU! 3
Christina Lily Pedersen
On 11/07/2017 at 4:34 PM, Bobby said:

As Michael once told @Troy it's only a search away.  Put that phrase in the search bar from the home page you you'll get at least one useful result I think :)

Ha ha, I should put "It's only a search away"? Because I already put Feng Shui of course and searched with all of my little Scholar-casting :D

• LIKE/LOVE 1
Christina Lily Pedersen

@Kerrin and @Leela Corman, thank you guys for sharing your experiences!

I was on that same track myself, started off with Space Clearing and then really didn't think there was a lot of Feng Shui in the Kingston book, so went on and read more, and while I found it an interesting study, I also found the information to be very fear-based and even more so, very contradictory.

So I got all the answers and confirmation I could have hoped.

I thank you!

I also found, though, that Space Clearing was very valid and helpful and I also want to keep my life clutter-free from now on - that stuff just made a lot of sense!

Also, of course, there are elements of Feng Shui in Kingston's philosophy, so I think that if chosen carefully, some of these ideas are pretty good - I like the idea of energy being able to move around the room and not getting stuck.

Also, I thought it sounded a lot like what Michael said about things happening places and getting "stuck there" as a kind of echo. So - well, yes, thank you so much :D

• LIKE/LOVE 6
Kerrin
On 7/18/2017 at 8:41 AM, Christina Lily Pedersen said:

I also found, though, that Space Clearing was very valid and helpful and I also want to keep my life clutter-free from now on - that stuff just made a lot of sense!

Also, of course, there are elements of Feng Shui in Kingston's philosophy, so I think that if chosen carefully, some of these ideas are pretty good - I like the idea of energy being able to move around the room and not getting stuck.

Also, I thought it sounded a lot like what Michael said about things happening places and getting "stuck there" as a kind of echo. So - well, yes, thank you so much :D

Space clearing is DEFINITELY valid- we all leave our energy behind, where ever we go.  Clutter just helps energy stagnate. 

• LIKE/LOVE 6
Diane

Oh, yes.  Clutter is not just physical stuff.  When my mind is cluttered, my environment tends to get cluttered...  and also... when my environment is cluttered, my mind tends to get cluttered.  

• LIKE/LOVE 5
PPLD
On 13/07/2017 at 4:18 AM, Leela Corman said:

Karen Kingston

I had a Space Clearing ceremony done, by one of her closest student and co-workers. Nice, rather Mature Agely chick (don't remember her name, so let's call her the Chick).

Since I am extremely sensitive to the frequencies of sound, I am very cautious about usage of bells and shit. That also goes for my cats.

When the Chick started to bell around however, the boys were cool with that. Cyrus was naturally monitoring her, while Midas was insanely curious and wanted to look at the bell. But they were ok with the frequency, and I couldn't feel any acute negative reaction, so I let her proceed.

Everything went well, and my space was cleared.

The Chick prepared me for the fact that I can feel a bit tired, and should use the weekend for resting and taking it easy. And so I did.

And then - I went into a waken coma. Can't call it any other way. I was like a zombie. Not talking about the Hollywood, super active murderous zombie. I am talking about the real Haitian Voudou Zombie. Walking fucking dead.

Days and weeks passed by, and I wasn't able to function. I could hardly stand up on my feet. I was drifting in and out of a sleep state all the time. And when drifting out - it's not as if I was awake - I was in a never ending trance, without the niceties of a trance.

Contacted a friend, who I knew had some energy-worker friends, and a lady from somewhere in Iceland did remote energy work on me. Her feedback was that the frequency in the bells was damaging to my system, so my system shot down in protection of itself.

I was self-employed at that time and lost two month's income, because I wasn't able to work... I'm happy I didn't lose the assignment I was on!

Since then - I stick with simple cleaning ? 

Edited by PPLD
  • LIKE/LOVE 2
  • WHAT/WOW! 4
  • WARRIOR
Bobby
1 hour ago, PPLD said:

Her feedback was that the frequency in the bells was damaging to my system, so my system shot down in protection of itself.

AHA!  Now we know your dirty little secret and how to deactivate you  :haha:

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • LOL 5
Leela Corman

@PPLD Wow! That's terrible that you had that response, but also very interesting. Now you know something important about yourself! It would be so interesting to ask Michael for insight into that experience, no?

I've never had a space clearing ceremony done by another person. I stumbled on Kingston's work when I was in college, and have always done it myself. I've always taken what I resonated with there, and left the rest aside. I took a workshop with her in 2003, when I'd been using her work for about 5 years, and purchased one of her bells. I've always found it nice, but who knows which ones the pros are using, and maybe all bells have that effect on you! As for her, I found her workshop to be quite helpful, though I had some reactions to her personality that 1) are very likely my own, and 2) might not be how I would react to her now. I found her kind of fussy, but not in a bad way. Just, fussy. Which of course makes some sense. Something in me chafed at it a little bit, but I love her work. The only other thing I had a little question about there was some of the stuff she talked about that was "negative". I felt like it was a little absolute and subjective in places. Again, I might agree with her more now, or feel less put off. But overall I wasn't put off, I was glad to have done it.

• LIKE/LOVE 2
PPLD
36 minutes ago, Leela Corman said:

@PPLD Wow! That's terrible that you had that response, but also very interesting. Now you know something important about yourself! It would be so interesting to ask Michael for insight into that experience, no?

I've never had a space clearing ceremony done by another person. I stumbled on Kingston's work when I was in college, and have always done it myself. I've always taken what I resonated with there, and left the rest aside. I took a workshop with her in 2003, when I'd been using her work for about 5 years, and purchased one of her bells. I've always found it nice, but who knows which ones the pros are using, and maybe all bells have that effect on you! As for her, I found her workshop to be quite helpful, though I had some reactions to her personality that 1) are very likely my own, and 2) might not be how I would react to her now. I found her kind of fussy, but not in a bad way. Just, fussy. Which of course makes some sense. Something in me chafed at it a little bit, but I love her work. The only other thing I had a little question about there was some of the stuff she talked about that was "negative". I felt like it was a little absolute and subjective in places. Again, I might agree with her more now, or feel less put off. But overall I wasn't put off, I was glad to have done it.

Oh, interesting with the workshop! In general, I truly think that her method is really good and of value. Fussy gal? Maybe she's an Perfectionist Artisan (Joke. But I am in this very moment sitting on the opposite side of the table of one such Artisan and can't help myself ?)

My reaction was rather extreme and - if we disregard the intensity of it - not entirely surprising. I know about myself how sensitive I am to sound and, when it is generated either through metal or glass , the frequency becomes very, very hard for me to work with.

This Energy Worker told me that my system was associating it to a previous lifetime, in wich I was considered to be a witch. She saw me expieriencing imprisoment and my way of saving myself from execution, was through slowing down my system considerably, in order to appear mentally ill or however you'd like to call it.

I don't know how much validity there is to that, but at some point I intend to ask Michael about my sensitivity. Naturally it also is connected to my synaesthesia. It is however on the extreme...

• LIKE/LOVE 2