Bobby

Michael Speaks: Advanced Body Types

Uma

Thanks @Bobby! There's a lot to digest here.

Related topics suggested by @KurtisM

and this also:

Edited by Uma
  • LIKE/LOVE 7

Uma
2 hours ago, Bobby said:

As a very simple example, lifetime number one would be Lunar, then lifetime number two would be Venusian, then Mercury, Saturn, Martial, Jovial, with Solar mixed in or as a Primary at any point in this Sequence.

So, having Primary Lunar, Secondary Venusian and Tertiary Mercurial, those are also in the same sequence. Interesting to learn all this new stuff about my body at age 75. 

I also had the thought that perhaps Chief Negative Feature of Arrogance developed due to Primary Shame of Lunar Body Type: Intelligence.

Edited by Uma
  • LIKE/LOVE 6

Juni

"An Old Soul in a Lunar Body is at once in awe of life and great contempt of it.  "

I'm annoyed at how accurate this is.

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • THANK YOU! 1
  • LOL 4

PPLD

So interesting with the sequence of Primary Body Types.

I can relax.

For some reason the thought of being in a Lunar body totally freaks me out and I am not crazy about being in a Jovial either! (No rationality in that at all, mind you).

I'm on Venusian as Primary! Yay! Will have a few lifetimes to adapt to the thought!

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • LOL 1

Sam K

Hmm.  I'm Mercurial/Saturnian/Martial, but I'm not really sure which of my body types matches up to which aspect.  I don't think I'm Mercurial/Appearance, but I don't seem to neatly match up with Martial/Appearance or Saturnian/Appearance, either.  Think my photo's on here somewhere, if anyone wants to take a stab at it (my body type, not my photo ?)

• LIKE/LOVE 5

H2nna

Has anyone ever asked how much genetics affect the bodytype? My appearence is quite obviously the primary (mercurial) however nordic genetics make most people look rather saturnian...?

There was much new info, now I can just blame my wanderlust for high solar %! ?

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Diane

2 hours ago, H2nna said:

Has anyone ever asked how much genetics affect the bodytype? My appearence is quite obviously the primary (mercurial) however nordic genetics make most people look rather saturnian...1f914.png

@H2nna  I remember something about appearance using our 'gene pool', that is what is available to us.  Can't find where I read it.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Diane

@Sam K

Have you asked about your body type percentages?  I have posted this excerpt recently:  

Michael:  Appearance *tends* to be the higher percentage, but not always. 

Keep in mind that none of these are isolated factors, so while one planetary correlation may tend toward Appearance, it can never be a 100% influence on Appearance.

For example, a Lunar Body Type may be a Primary Appearance, but be stretched out by the effects of Saturn.

The stereotypes and caricatures of the body types in their pure form are only to be helpful guides, but not absolutes, except in the world of fiction.

And will always be a mix of all body type ingredients.

When there are only two effects in the body type mix, there tends to be one area that is most significantly shared by the two.

Again, these are not static, but can tend to shift in emphasis over time.

And will always be a mix of all body type ingredients.

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Diane

@Janet

Thank you I love the chart.

Negative pole for Health in Mercury is 'short-circuiting'.  I have noticed when I am stressed I feel as though my wiring is frayed and I need some time alone to ground myself.  I do feel this 'short-circuiting'.

I am:

Solar (appearance)

Mercury (health)

Venus (nature)

Neptune (2% influence)

• LIKE/LOVE 10

KurtisM
9 hours ago, Sam K said:

Hmm.  I'm Mercurial/Saturnian/Martial, but I'm not really sure which of my body types matches up to which aspect.  I don't think I'm Mercurial/Appearance, but I don't seem to neatly match up with Martial/Appearance or Saturnian/Appearance, either.  Think my photo's on here somewhere, if anyone wants to take a stab at it (my body type, not my photo 1f609.png)

When I look at you, I see a Saturnian Appearance foremost.
You have this parental, rugged look to you that can feel a bit daunting because of your low-set eyebrows, composed pose and stern, somewhat cold no-bullshit face.
I sense you have Mercurial Nature and Martial Health, like myself. Albeit in different percentages.

If Mercury is deemed your primary, you have a shame over Desperation, over expressing what's important for your healing, needing help at all, trying your damnest to make sense of things and navigate life without breaking down into despair etc.
And in turn your joy is for Debate. Being able to back and forth ideas, thoughts and feelings flying through you with others. Having great conversations because it's fun to talk about what's stirring around inside you.

My guess is something like 35-40% Saturnian Appearance, 40-45% Mercurial Nature, 15-20% Martial Health. But of course, that could be wrong.
If you want to validate Appearance, notice how others respond to your behaviors. Do they see you as rather gaunt, somber, bony and worn-out- exceedingly nervous, flighty, hyper/hypo-expressive and frenetic- or more compulsive, stressed, frustrated and reckless.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 4
  • LOL 1

KurtisM

I really enjoy all this information, especially the accidental info on the Primary Joys.
I've been writing about them in my personality archives, they uncover some nice insights.

One thing I realized was that the Martial's Joy of SEX isn't just about masturbation and intercourse, but also the joy that comes with honoring and upholding your sex and gender in terms of their cycles and responsibilities too. How beautiful, I never would've thought of that as a joy.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 6

Stickyflames
8 hours ago, KurtisM said:

You have this parental, rugged look to you that can feel a bit daunting because of your low-set eyebrows, composed pose and stern, somewhat cold no-bullshit face.
I sense you have Mercurial Nature and Martial Health, like myself. Albeit in different percentages.

If Mercury is deemed your primary, you have a shame over Desperation, over expressing what's important for your healing, needing help at all, trying your damnest to make sense of things and navigate life without breaking down into despair etc.
And in turn your joy is for Debate. Being able to back and forth ideas, thoughts and feelings flying through you with others. Having great conversations because it's fun to talk about what's stirring around inside you.

My guess is something like 35-40% Saturnian Appearance, 40-45% Mercurial Nature, 15-20% Martial Health. But of course, that could be wrong.
If you want to validate Appearance, notice how others respond to your behaviors. Do they see you as rather gaunt, somber, bony and worn-out- exceedingly nervous, flighty, hyper/hypo-expressive and frenetic- or more compulsive, stressed, frustrated and reckless.

Oh please do me next kurtis , ha!

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • LOL 6

Janet

In today's POF I repeated my question to Michael (appears end of Michael Speaks transcript), expecting to get info that was oriented to me alone but I actually received a response that I think could have been given during the Michael Speaks session. I've added the new material to the end of the transcript. 

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 2

Sam K
9 hours ago, KurtisM said:

Huh, makes sense!  People do sometimes think I'm frowning even when it feels to me like my face is neutral.  The fact that I tend to frown while I'm thinking about something (and I spend a good deal of time lost in thought) probably doesn't help matters.  Of course, I don't think I could ever really be described as "gaunt" due to genetics; got my dad's big ol' baby cheeks. :p

I do think people probably judge me as somber, or at least a bit serious at first glance, and are then surprised when they actually talk to me and find that I have trouble taking ANYTHING super-seriously.  So yeah, nice stab!

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Kasia

Really glad we got more info on this, and thank you to all who made it happen! Now, a question for those of you who are good with Body Types (this seems to be one area I continue to struggle with in terms of understanding): how does Solar "look" or seem to others? Mercurial and Martial feel so solid and easy to understand, and Solar is this flighty thing I can't quite put my finger on...

Also, for those in whom Solar is Primary, how does that show up? When I asked Michael about my Types, they gave me the following:

Kasia: I'd like my Body Type percentages as well as their aspects (Appearance, Nature, Health), please.

MEntity: Mercury 65% NATURE / Solar 15% APPEARANCE / Martial 20% HEALTH

I am assuming since they placed Mercury first, even though it's Nature, they meant to say it's Primary, but Solar's Wanderlust as a Joy speaks to me more than Mercury's Debate, so I'm validating it further. Thank you's in advance!!

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Maureen
45 minutes ago, Kasia said:

Really glad we got more info on this, and thank you to all who made it happen! Now, a question for those of you who are good with Body Types (this seems to be one area I continue to struggle with in terms of understanding): how does Solar "look" or seem to others? Mercurial and Martial feel so solid and easy to understand, and Solar is this flighty thing I can't quite put my finger on...

Also, for those in whom Solar is Primary, how does that show up? When I asked Michael about my Types, they gave me the following:

Kasia: I'd like my Body Type percentages as well as their aspects (Appearance, Nature, Health), please.

MEntity: Mercury 65% NATURE / Solar 15% APPEARANCE / Martial 20% HEALTH

I am assuming since they placed Mercury first, even though it's Nature, they meant to say it's Primary, but Solar's Wanderlust as a Joy speaks to me more than Mercury's Debate, so I'm validating it further. Thank you's in advance!!

@Kasia, Michael considers the highest percentage to be the Primary so in your case this would make Mercury as Nature at 65% your Primary. I also have Mercury as Primary. Michael gave me my percentages this way: For Maureen: 45% Solar (Appearance), 53% Mercury (Nature & Health), 2% Neptune. 

I can see that although one body type is primary we are still affected by all of them so you may be picking up on the Solar affect as well as your Primary Mercurial affect. Also, Mercury has a lot of "energy", albeit it can often be of the nervous, anxious kind, so it would lend itself to movement or following tangents of curiosity. I tuned into how Solar feels to me as it relates to "travel". I've often felt that no matter where I go, whether it be across town, around the world, reading a book or watching TV, or even just to change jobs, that I'm "traveling". I always sense newness wherever I am, wherever I go, even if I was just there yesterday. As Solar is Assimilative I see wanderlust as an opportunity to "take it all in" or "soak it all up" or to expand one's self, rather than to impress one's self onto any given environment through travel.

My sister Diane and I both have Solar Body Type for Appearance. We asked Michael about it in a session in 2010.  

MEntity:  This would mean to us that your Primary Physical Appearance would be "ruled" by the Solar qualities, lending a great emphasis to brightness, lightness, a kind of petiteness and fragility that is not seen as weakness, but as refinement.

MEntity:  It would also lend your body to be in physical positions among others that can observe them fairly accurately and up close without their realizing the depths to which you are observing them, much like the sun permeating the layers of a planet's atmosphere.

MEntity:  It would also lend you a kind of physical radiation and magnetism that might draw others to you in a kind of orbit, much like the Sun and a solar system.

MEntity:  This orbit is often described as both a pro and a con because the experience of such a network is usually a tremendous feeling, but there is also the sense of distance that is kept among the bodies of that network, much like the way planets are locked in orbits.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Kasia

Thank you @Maureen, this is amazing information. I'd guessed Mercurial is most likely Primary, and further validated it reading the part about going through a transformation process in the life that's related to Nature. A psychological death certainly ticks that box!

1 hour ago, Maureen said:

As Solar is Assimilative I see wanderlust as an opportunity to "take it all in" or "soak it all up" or to expand one's self, rather than to impress one's self onto any given environment through travel.

Exactly this, and I'd never have guessed it related to Solar. I adore how you see "travel" reflected in all activity, near and far. After I posted this question, I was pondering it further, and had the thought that maybe I use my love of Wanderlust, whether physical or philosophical, to help inform my Primary Joy of Debate, which is often what I funnel those experiences into, using them to help others expand also.

1 hour ago, Maureen said:

MEntity:  It would also lend your body to be in physical positions among others that can observe them fairly accurately and up close without their realizing the depths to which you are observing them, much like the sun permeating the layers of a planet's atmosphere.

MEntity:  It would also lend you a kind of physical radiation and magnetism that might draw others to you in a kind of orbit, much like the Sun and a solar system.

MEntity:  This orbit is often described as both a pro and a con because the experience of such a network is usually a tremendous feeling, but there is also the sense of distance that is kept among the bodies of that network, much like the way planets are locked in orbits.

This explains so much.

So glad for all this information. It's added a beautiful new layer to my understanding of the Overleaves.  ?

• LIKE/LOVE 4

KurtisM

"Some of these terms may seem out of context when describing the Polarity of an element, but we must choose terms that are broader and more symbolic than anything detailed or specific. This is because each element is not merely polarized, but molecularly polarized.

In other words, each pole has its polarities, as well.

For example, we chose Extremism as the Negative Pole of Health for Saturn because this captures the effects of over- or under-stimulation of the anterior pituitary."

I think this means the Body Types all have polarities/extremes for each polarity, like the Goals do.
For instance, Mercurial Health has -Short-Circuiting as a -Pole, but that can be in terms of Hypothyroidism or Hyperthyroidism.

Hypothyroidism seems to be related to the SUPPRESSION of thoughts, ideas and expression, so I think that's a fine term for that extreme. While Hyperthyroidism seems to be related to expressing thoughts and ideas FRANTICALLY, so I think that's a good term for that extreme.
We probably should get the terms for these "extra" polarities some time.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 2

DianeHB

I see people assuming that Lunar is an "Infant" body type for everybody, but that's not necessarily the case. Regarding the first body type to be incarnated into, Michael said "For example, if your first birth was in a Lunar Body Type". And then the latter part of the response continues with the assumption that Lunar is the first body type. That tells me that not everybody with Lunar has it as their Infant body type. 

• LIKE/LOVE 1