Bobby

20170916 MMW: Understanding YOUR Overleaves

Luciana Flora

I really loved attending this workshop. Michael's answer to my question made perfect sense to me. My profile is making more sense to me now. Mostly the passion mode has become a little clearer for me.

Edited by Luciana Flora
  • LIKE/LOVE 5

Guest Matt
35 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Sometimes the process of Refinement for Discrimination can look like the Negative Pole to others who do not use the same process for making choices.

Boy isn't that the truth.  People misread me all the damn time on this.  They always say i am negative and crap. I'm not negative, i just know what i don't like.   Oh, i'm so sorry i don't want to put up with you bullshit and be your whipping boy.  I guess call  me negative then.  I really wish teaching of overleaves were in our school system.  It would make it so much easier for people to understand where we all are coming from.  

36 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Those in Discrimination, even in a sustained Positive Pole of Sophistication/Refinement, can often be deemed "difficult."

I am sure i am called difficult behind my back by many people, LoL.  Oh well, i can tell them to blame it on my soul for picking the overleaves.  

37 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Yes, this is Good Work: to consider if you are the ones implementing defenses against something that you do not like or understand. Acceptance can quite easily fall into the assumption that others or the self must comply to make things easier.

Some truth in this session.  I see this happen all the time with people.  

Erick

a bit of an incomplete answer on the dynamics of overleaf abrasion, seems like it may be a question that could be its own session some time.

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • THANK YOU! 1

NicholasV

Totally agree with @Matt in that discrimination combined with refinement is very often misread by people into thinking it's negative. It's more like the person is doing serious taxing mental work which is very important actually.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Luciana Flora
2 hours ago, Matt said:

I really wish teaching of overleaves were in our school system.  It would make it so much easier for people to understand where we all are coming from.  

I think it would be really cool. I just think that the majority of people would have difficulty accepting the source of the information. But I really think everyone would benefit from these teachings. This teaching helps us to better understand each other.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

KurtisM

Ooh boy time to my update by descriptions!

Of all the overleaves, I feel like the only ones I still don't understand are:

Aggression Mode.

Goal of Re-Evaluation.

I understand the centers well, and will come to understand the higher centers better when we have the transcript on how to access them more.

---

I understand each of the attitudes fairly clearly and consistently. And I find the info here to look at that context first when validating ols to be very useful.

For those of you that don't know. I've received some info on what each attitude shows up like in social situations. You can read those in the study library for a start.

It made it easy to validate my mom and sis, but not yet my dad.

---

I understand each of the modes well and fully see how each relates, though my understanding of Aggression is not as coherent.

This Perseverance info is useful btw and I see now when i've used it!

---

The goals I also understand more and more.

Though some info would be nice for both Re-Evaluation and Dominance. And maybe a bit more on Submission.

---

I understand the body types well thought theres still some kinks and missing links to work out.

Im using my current Ask M time to ask about them, and would encourage anyone else to join in.

I pretty much understand soul age, soul age levels, internal monads and roles as well. Though I'd like more on the Artisan, Sage and Warrior's polarities.

Maybe also the King.

Also it would be awesome to understand how all the roles show up in each soul age.

---

I anticipate for more info on the castings in the future.

---

And lastly I understand the chief features so much more now.

Though it would be nice to get more on Self-Destruction, Greed and Martyrdom.

We still need the 7 angles of transforming the expression axis CFs as well.

All in all, loving how much we've received on the overleaves in the last 7 years.

We're nearly ready for a basic intro book on them!

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Tyrone
2 hours ago, Matt said:

I really wish teaching of overleaves were in our school system.  It would make it so much easier for people to understand where we all are coming from. 

18 minutes ago, Luciana Flora said:

I think it would be really cool. I just think that the majority of people would have difficulty accepting the source of the information. But I really think everyone would benefit from these teachings. This teaching helps us to better understand each other.

There was a tidbit in one session (might've been the Education one) about not only one vision of Michael's being to help overhaul the education system, but also that one thing that would lead to it was the discovery of the validity of the genetic influence of overleaves.  If these things are uncovered and validated through the avenue of the scientific process, I don't think we'd have much of a problem with the information source.

:-T  ....  I realize the irony of that last statement with the U.S.'s current political climate, but long term I think it checks out.

• LIKE/LOVE 8

KurtisM
33 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

There was a tidbit in one session (might've been the Education one) about not only one vision of Michael's being to help overhaul the education system, but also that one thing that would lead to it was the discovery of the validity of the genetic influence of overleaves.  If these things are uncovered and validated through the avenue of the scientific process, I don't think we'd have much of a problem with the information source.

:-T  ....  I realize the irony of that last statement with the U.S.'s current political climate, but long term I think it checks out.

The answer about the long-term effects seems pretty simple to me- regardless of whether people source the material to this teaching or not.

If the young paradigm overthrows the mature one, scientific progress and genetic markers of OLs would become forms of maximizing your capital.

So traits would be exploited/oppressed out of entitlement at worst- and used as a source of personal accomplishment, mutual competition and self-expression at best.

If the Mature paradigm includes the younger soul ages, scientific progress and genetic markers would be seen in terms of how they affect each others well being.

So traits would be complicated by feelings of projection/indignation/fairness and be compromised with at worst- or be sources for helping increase perception, empathy, sensitivity and paths toward cooperation at best.

I'd want the latter of course to unfold- but I think it's still important to realize the cons in either paradigm.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 4

PPLD
On 16/09/2017 at 9:27 PM, Bobby said:

What can help in validation is to start with the ATTITUDE. This tends to be the most difficult to hide for long if there is interaction of any depth.

It can also help if you design a set of Overleaves that describe how you understand and experience the other person. Let this stand as your interface for understanding them until they are more revealing of their True Personality.

This is such a good suggestion!

I'm travelling to my sister's later this week, where I also will meet our mother and naturally my brother-in-law. Preparing a little "template" for each with their possible Overleaves (only know my mother's Role/Casting).

Thank you for asking this question @Diane! Will report on how it worked! ?

• LIKE/LOVE 6

PPLD

@Johanne, wow! To me your team sounds like a dream team ?

Realist, Pragmatist and Spiritualist is like a recipe for success! 

I'd think however that with Discrimination and double Acceptance there can be a bit short on the leadership/push-forward front. To me it sounds also like it must be really hard on the Discrimination. Siding with them here ? Love that approach to life. @Matt, come by, and let's be insanely choosy, picky and scrutinising together. For me it's inherent for some reason (imprint I think, but I like it).  

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • LOL 1

Guest Matt
22 minutes ago, PPLD said:

. @Matt, come by, and let's be insanely choosy, picky and scrutinising together. For me it's inherent for some reason (imprint I think, but I like it).  

haha, sounds cool.  Since people would call me a snob for trying to only choose the best of things and what i really like, i guess we can be called Michael or TLE snobs, LoL.  

Felicitas
16 minutes ago, Matt said:

haha, sounds cool.  Since people would call me a snob for trying to only choose the best of things and what i really like, i guess we can be called Michael or TLE snobs, LoL.  

Woahahaha, count me in then and I'm not even in discrimination 'officially'. ??

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • LOL 1

PPLD
48 minutes ago, Matt said:

Jeez man, the stories I have... From all sides of life!

In my first profile, channelled by Karen Murphy, she saw me with the Goal of Discrimination. At that time I didn't fully understand the concept of Goal, and I was soooooo impressed by her channelling, that she could perceive this side of me so clearly! ? (So I know what you mean @Felicitas Brenner)

Then I learned a little more about the Overleaves and understood that Discrimination is nothing I am working on and learning. I am bloody THERE friend! Driving people around me to insanity!  

(Which also brings some light into how well it's going with my actual Goal that is ... Flow... ?)

Edited by PPLD
  • LOL 2

Guest Matt

speaking of Discrimination, one of my favorite TV shows is Frasier.  Frasier and his brother Niles sure seem like they are in Discrimination.  There such snobs, it's hilarious.  I remember one episode they were in a spa and it had a gold door, and they loved it, until they saw in the spa there was a platinum door they weren't allowed in.  They were complaining about how crappy the gold door area was all of a sudden, because it couldn't be as good as the platinum door area, LoL.   

PPLD
Just now, Matt said:

speaking of Discrimination, one of my favorite TV shows is Frasier.  Frasier and his brother Niles sure seem like they are in Discrimination.  There such snobs, it's hilarious.  I remember one episode they were in a spa and it had a gold door, and they loved it, until they saw in the spa there was a platinum door they weren't allowed in.  They were complaining about how crappy the gold door area was all of a sudden, because it couldn't be as good as the platinum door area, LoL.   

I LOVE Frasier!

They are hysterical!

And there are many levels where I easily can relate, oh yeas...

Talk about "learning how to choose" ?

• LOL 1

Johanne
8 hours ago, PPLD said:

@Johanne, wow! To me your team sounds like a dream team 1f602.png

I'd think however that with Discrimination and double Acceptance there can be a bit short on the leadership/push-forward front. 

Yes @PPLD. They are both great people to work with and we have done lots together. However on the last 2 years, it has been a bit challenging. I thought it could be related to the discriminant goal being stuck in the negative pole, but no, I had it wrong. I had a blind spot: I thought if one is in the positive pole, everything will be smooth and harmonious and pleasant and easy (my acceptance goal??). It is not quite what Michael said however: challenges is always there and being in the positive pole does not mean not going into the negative, but being able to move out of the negative. It ended up being an enlightening session. And the advises of Michael (But make it clear that a process must be in place that is acceptable for final decisions, even if you do not like that final decision) is well relevant for some of the issues we have had lately.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Johanne

I wonder why I has so much trouble to understand "Appreciation" during the workshop?, now it is so much clearer?.

@Bobby there is a line missing for the last question. When Maureen asked for the true abrasive overleaves, first Michael said:

All Overleaves in the Negative Poles. All Overleaves on an Axis. Overleaves with numerical values that add up to more than 7.

I can understand what they mean for the first case, and they explained at length the third case. But what could they mean by the second?

• LIKE/LOVE 1

PPLD

Guys, question level basic here: what are "abrasive Overleaves"???

Is is something I could read about somewhere?

Made a search here on TLE, but the only posts that pop-up are when the phrase is mentioned, and no explanation to what that actually entails.

I understand what abrasive is and what Overleaves are, but the combo makes no greater sense to me.

Heeeeeelp... please... ?

Felicitas
34 minutes ago, PPLD said:

Made a search here on TLE, but the only posts that pop-up are when the phrase is mentioned, and no explanation to what that actually entails.

I understand what abrasive is and what Overleaves are, but the combo makes no greater sense to me.

Heeeeeelp... please... 1f60a.png

I think there is info about this in the Michael books. I will check it out tonight, after work and let you know what I found. I have understood this to mean that certain overleaves don't go well together, something like someone in impatience not dealing well with someone in re-evaluation. I guess there are better examples, but can't think of any right now. 

• THANK YOU! 1

PPLD
4 minutes ago, Felicitas Brenner said:

I think there is info about this in the Michael books. I will check it out tonight, after work and let you know what I found. I have understood this to mean that certain overleaves don't go well together, something like someone in impatience not dealing well with someone in re-evaluation. I guess there are better examples, but can't think of any right now. 

Aaah, the books. Maybe I should read them at some point? Thank youuuuuuuu @Felicitas Brenner. You're such a brilliant Scholar-cast Priest, you are! ? ? ?

• LIKE/LOVE 1

AnnaD

This!! This is excellent!! Why do people not get beyond application especially if it is something that love? I get it if you don't go beyond doing what "you have to do " because you hate doing it, but surely most of us who love certain activities and pastimes go the whole hog and do all seven. Take it to the limit!!

Many of our students will choose a path of study and then move into Application, but not move to another path.

Most of these terms should be fairly self-explanatory, but we will briefly elaborate before opening to questions.

EXPOSURE - the initial introduction to any new concept or new angle on a known concept.

EXPERIMENTATION - questioning, testing, observing, exploring that new concept.

CHALLENGES - the concept is met with conflict, conflicting experience, confusing experience, debate, doubt, and found to not work as expected.

MEANING - the concept is finally owned, understood, and its value clear to the student.

SHARING - you see the concept could be valuable and meaningful to others and seek to find ways to share your knowledge as insight, guidance, advice, or introduce others to the concept for them to explore on their own.

TEACHING - the student now lives with the concept fully integrated so that simply existing becomes a model for the concept and others can see the effects and influence of this teaching with or without actual introduction to terminology or details.

APPLICATION - the concept is at a resting plateau as other concepts are explored and pieced together with it.

The sequence of learning tends to be in this order, with Application inserted as necessary.

More accurately, this is the Sequence of Continued Study.

Edited by AnnaD
  • LIKE/LOVE 4

Maureen
11 hours ago, PPLD said:

Heeeeeelp... please... 1f60a.png

@PPLD,  as @Felicitas Brenner said it is mentioned in the CQY books. We can have externally Abrading Overleaves with others and internally Abrading Overleaves within ourselves.  As mentioned by @Erick - "a bit of an incomplete answer on the dynamics of overleaf abrasion, seems like it may be a question that could be its own session some time" - I think it would be a great idea to have Abrading Overleaves as a full length topic.

The reason I asked about Abrading Overleaves in the MMW is it's come up for me a couple of times, once recently in my blog The "Hook" in Priests' Inputs where they mentioned this in response to a question: The primary layer of consideration here is simple Personality/Overleaf Abrasion, and one other time that I can recall. 

The other time I recall asking about Abrading Overleaves (although I didn't use the term) I got a really interesting answer from Michael and shared it in a blog called Geometry of the Overleaves. Here's a short excerpt:  

MEntity:  The dynamic of his Overleaves would naturally make for a rather complex Personality, in that a great deal of his design is not particularly "straight-forward."

MEntity:  If you can imagine the "shape" of Overleaves, many may be more like a faceted egg-shape when working together as a Personality, but some are more like blocks connected by circuitry.

MEntity:  In the same way that some of our students explore our system as "Michael Math," there is also a kind of "geometry" to the Overleaves.

MEntity:  In some combinations, the system is less cohesive, and relies upon a kind of circuitry among the parts, and this can sometimes break down, or seem disjointed to someone whose Overleaves are more "seamless."

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 1

Bobby
15 hours ago, Johanne said:

@Bobby there is a line missing for the last question. When Maureen asked for the true abrasive overleaves, first Michael said:

Johanne, the omitted line after Maureen's question has now been added.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

PPLD
5 minutes ago, Maureen said:

@PPLD,  as @Felicitas Brenner said it is mentioned in the CQY books. We can have externally Abrading Overleaves with others and internally Abrading Overleaves within ourselves.  As mentioned by @Erick - "a bit of an incomplete answer on the dynamics of overleaf abrasion, seems like it may be a question that could be its own session some time" - I think it would be a great idea to have Abrading Overleaves as a full length topic.

The reason I asked about Abrading Overleaves in the MMW is it's come up for me a couple of times, once recently in my blog The "Hook" in Priests' Inputs where they mentioned this in response to a question: The primary layer of consideration here is simple Personality/Overleaf Abrasion, and one other time that I can recall. 

The other time I recall asking about Abrading Overleaves (although I didn't use the term) I got a really interesting answer from Michael and shared it in a blog called Geometry of the Overleaves. Here's a short excerpt:  

MEntity:  The dynamic of his Overleaves would naturally make for a rather complex Personality, in that a great deal of his design is not particularly "straight-forward."

MEntity:  If you can imagine the "shape" of Overleaves, many may be more like a faceted egg-shape when working together as a Personality, but some are more like blocks connected by circuitry.

MEntity:  In the same way that some of our students explore our system as "Michael Math," there is also a kind of "geometry" to the Overleaves.

MEntity:  In some combinations, the system is less cohesive, and relies upon a kind of circuitry among the parts, and this can sometimes break down, or seem disjointed to someone whose Overleaves are more "seamless."

This is fab Maureen! Will go to the sessions you're linking to!

But just so I get where I am starting (that's the core of my confusion...):

Is 'abrasive' used here in the meaning of the result = abraded to the level of being polished, smooth

or

In the meaning of the process = coarse to the level of creating friction

Do you get what I mean? I'm quite sure a part of it is the second- language speaker. I just can't get a 'feel' for the phrase.

h.e.l.p. ?

• LIKE/LOVE 1