Janet

Michael Speaks: The Ultimate Hiccup or Truly Accepting Death (TLEGG 2017)

PPLD

OMG, the examples are just hilarious! I'm lying in bed an LOLing so I'm crying ?

After reading this transcript, I also better understand what Michael told me when I asked if they had fun at the Gathering:

@MEntity

We experienced great pleasure, particularly in holding the entire student body of bodies in our energy as they laughed in unison with the channel.

Our experience was not much different from those in attendance, without the density of bodies.

Amazing session on a subject that never in neutral to discuss. 

Although this is logical, I have never put it so clearly to myself: I am already dead, and not yet dead, at the same time! I just love it! 

3 hours ago, Janet said:

Your future lives are asking about you, and the irony is that nothing dies. So, while you are already dead and not yet dead and will never die, the concept of Death must be addressed

Thank you so much for this amazing session Michael and Troy and @DanielaS - you are a star! Transcribing is a hard and very time-consuming task! It means a lot to be able to take part of the sessions so soon after the Gathering! Million thanks for making it possible! ? 

• LIKE/LOVE 17

DanielaS

Thanks @PPLD!

I think what made this session so funny in live delivery is two things: the calm, deadpan way that Michael speaks through Troy, and the laughter that broke up the channeling and created beats for classic comic timing. For example:

"One of our favorites was when a large part of our Entity were incarnated together as a crew on a ship. And we thought it would be a good idea to have some [long pause here as Michael searches for the right word] ladies join us" [beat]

"and we all died from syphilis." [beat]

"But we had a good time."  [beat]

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • LOL 16
  • EYEROLL/MEH 1

Luciana Flora

After reading this session and the other. I'm curious to know if my future will ask about me.

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Maxim [memorial profile]

Lovely session... it surprised me because I was expecting more "technical details" of it all.   This deserves to be heard in the original recording.  I can see how much it unified the gathering.

I have been into the humor and paradox of dying for some time.  I had a vision once of in the after life having this kind of contest of who had created the  the worst experience for themselves for some kind of award, all for the appreciation of the irony.  In my case it helped me to balance the humor and the pathos that is real as well.  So no need to force the humor on those who are not ready.

I can see Tex taking a tumble on his spring loaded stilts.

2 hours ago, PPLD said:

you are already dead

Yep, we sure are!

• LIKE/LOVE 14
  • LOL 3

Uma
8 hours ago, Janet said:

There will be a moment when you understand it differently. And that is all that matters in terms of getting peace around difficult experiences is understanding it differently. It does not mean that you will understand it completely, but you will understand it differently. And it is often more meaningful, useful, touching, than you might have guessed while in it.

That's comforting.

• LIKE/LOVE 10

KurtisM

Ok but the point about us already being dead and not at the same time-

That's some serious schrodinger's cat if I've ever heard it! XD

Time for some more story ideas! Heh.

Memento mori, am I right.

Or maybe Memento no mori.

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • LOL 6

Sam K

The thought of my own death has never really bothered me much; I'm obviously not going anywhere, and the elements of me that make up my current personality aren't going anywhere.  The only thing I'm really losing is a body, and I figure I can always manifest this body again in the Astral if I feel like it. 

The thought of those close to me dying does sometimes trouble me, though. Not because I think they're actually GONE in an existential sense, of course, but simply because I know it will likely be awhile (from my perspective within physical time and blah blah blah) before I'll get to see them again.  Plus, if someone I'm close to has died,  I most likely also have other loved ones who are grieving the death as well, and loved ones being sad is, er, sad.

• LIKE/LOVE 10

PPLD
4 hours ago, KurtisM said:

Ok but the point about us already being dead and not at the same time-

That's some serious schrodinger's cat if I've ever heard it! XD

Time for some more story ideas! Heh.

Memento mori, am I right.

Or maybe Memento no mori.

Very succintly put @KurtisM , considering the topic ?

A propos memento mori; remembered when I started at my current work and we had some team building. One of the parts of each and one's presentation was sharing a favourite inspirational quote...

You see where this is going, right?

After all the rainbows and unicorns Patzy dropped the bomb, also in translation, just incase someone's Latin was weak that day...

They were just staring at me, and I said that memonto mori, is an introvert's carpe diem, but in truth it is the Old Soul's carpe diem. ?

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Gavin

Wish I were there. Love a laugh like this.

One thing I have often said to people is - life is like the sexual act and death the the explosive release.

I don't often get laughs for it though

?

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • LOL 5

Mari Lynn

Oh I soooo very much enjoyed this session, LOL alot while reading, esp picturing Tex jumping off of roofs with umbrellas in THIS life, oh the hilarity in picturing this! And the stilts...oh my!!!?

I recalled my own father's dying process, and a few days before he actually died, my 3 siblings and I were all gathered at his home, for the *death watch*, so to speak. Well, my Dad and all of us kids have a lively sense of humor,  so to sit around his bed and laugh at things didn't feel unusual....at least not to my brother and oldest sister (we are the bawdiest!). However, my other sis thought it just appalling that we dared LAUGH at such a morose, maudlin (Dad's fave word) and SERIOUS time.  Oh, she got sooo pissed at us for laughing and her being the dutiful server daughter wanting to control events, she wouldn't join in or even talk to us!  The irony was, in her efforts at needing/wanting to do "something", she opted to furiously do her online gambling on her laptop, in another room!  As gambling had been a major pastime for my Dad's brothers and he never partook, (and he had some judgements about) the irony of what Karen was doing instead of being with us and Dad was not lost on us.  

In thinking back to this, another LOL moment comes up.  

What a wonderful and yes, HILARIOUS session this was, *just* in reading here @ home...I can imagine the experience LIVE.  

My question is, I wonder if anyone had an immediate need for a change in lower body underclothing after such a session....thought I'd close with that, haha! 

Mari Lynn

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Wendy

@Gavin I'm not finding life half as fun or interesting as the sexual act for some time now.  But what you say is funny.

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • LOL 1

Jean Hamill

Thanks Daniela and Troy for a great session.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Gavin
16 hours ago, Wendy said:

@Gavin I'm not finding life half as fun or interesting as the sexual act for some time now.

Look at it this way @Wendy

Some sex can be hard work. Some sex ain't fun. I'm sure many women, specifically, could attest to that.

Some of it is slow and relaxing, some frenzied and energetic etc etc etc. If you add all of this and all the possible etc's you can see that life as a whole would cover it.

?

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • LOL 1

NicholasV

Take someone who believes that work is the most important thing in the world. So he goes home and kills himself because work is so important. I think that's hilarious that's really funny.

I think some things in life are serious although possibly not death.

Maxim [memorial profile]
On 10/17/2017 at 4:10 AM, Gavin said:

One thing I have often said to people is - life is like the sexual act and death the the explosive release.

I don't often get laughs for it though

It works for me.  I've read accounts that liken the release from the body as ecstatic.  Yes, as you've expanded (above) life can be like sex... some friction that is pleasant and exciting and some not quite there.  The whole gamut.  And don't forget that sometimes faces in sexual arousal can look like they are a breath away from death.

"I'm not dying, I'm just about to climax!"

• LOL 3

Brian Taylor
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:17 PM, Maxim said:

It works for me.  I've read accounts that liken the release from the body as ecstatic.  Yes, as you've expanded (above) life can be like sex... some friction that is pleasant and exciting and some not quite there.  The whole gamut.  And don't forget that sometimes faces in sexual arousal can look like they are a breath away from death.

"I'm not dying, I'm just about to climax!"

• LOL 1

Brian Taylor

I'm not dying, I'm just about to climax!" 

some climaxes are wonderful, others are more like... well, right...what's next.  Mind if a take a little nap?

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • LOL 2