Janet

Michael Speaks: The Nine Priorities (TLEGG 2017)

Miizle
On 21/10/2017 at 4:33 PM, DianeHB said:

You guys, I don’t like the word lazy. It’s a judgment placed on a person when they don’t do what someone else wants them to do. I used to say that about me with regards to certain activities, but then I realized that I just have different priorities. 1f609.png

Yeah, i don't like it either, especially if it's used about me, but i can use it about myself in certain contexts :P

Seriously, i have only started using it maybe in the last year. I have always considered myself hardworking, but just having different priorities. Callign myself lazy in my case actually probably means i am taking myself less seriously than before, now that i analyse it :D  

• LIKE/LOVE 2

petra
Just to give yet another angle of " Body Importance " for Essence/Personality from Michael speaks - on Current Events 2011

ME: The capacity to walk into a body is rare, but still a choice that is made so that, if you are done with your body, the body doesn't have to die with your leaving the body, but another Essence can step in. The Walk-ins still take seven years to adjust to being in that new body. The walk-in process requires the body to go into some sort of altered state, so that's usually in a traumatic experience, illness, coma, and so forth. Our point is that there is still a growing up process that must be experienced, it's just different.

So the priorities of the Body even in this cool way, for Essence to avoid birth and death, has its say.

ME: So, if it were defined by the Personality, or rather the overleaves, there would be an injection or an influence in some way, but this is a completely raw open set of choices that evolve from the cells that are growing as you. They are conscious
  • LIKE/LOVE 5

Felicitas Brenner
On 20-10-2017 at 4:55 AM, Miizle said:

What awesome information. The cell incarnation stuff is something that would definitely be intersting to read more about, it sounds like something 'obvious' an logical to me, and i feel like there would actually be some healing and grounding available with getting deeper into that knowledge. Hopefully we'll get more on that soon :)

The 9 Priorities however was surprising, and surprising also in that it has not been covered earlier because it seems very pivotal to me! Thinking about some people I know, their priority seems clear to me and explains a lot of things, like my husband would most likely have Grief, having had some big losses in his life but also feeling often quite disappointed and let down by people and situations. A lot of that i have thought were rather due to assumed -Self-deprecation and -Martyrdom, but this information definitely gives me a new (less arrogant) angle from which to look at it. For me, nothing resonated when reading though the list, not enough to make me even shortlist them, so i knew it had to be the last one. So getting to the end was kind of exciting :D Purpose, yeah that makes sense.

It's quite interesting how looking at myself and some other examples here, it shows how none of the priorities truly are 'good' or 'bad' even if some definitely seem more desireable than others. For me Purpose has, as a matter of fact, been restricting me and stopping me from doing things, rather than fuelling me into action. SO many times in my life i have not bothered to do something or not been able to decide, hence done nothing, because i have not found enough Purpose, or the mythical The Purpose, in the pursuit.

I have been hounded by the idea of needing to do something that mattered since the age of 14. This resulted, for example, in me totally abandoning the idea of pursuing something artistic as a career, because it would be idle and not saving the world. Later i realised those were by no means exclusive. Even later i realised it didn't matter either way. HOWEVER - i would still very much like both :D Am i doing either? Yeah nah. Because i'm STILL being pestered by the idea, and the ideal, of Purpose. But i have, as a matter of fact, come much closer to resolution during the recent year.

First of all i have, i think, better realised and accepted that small is just as good as big. It does not serve any purpose to bypass the seemingly lesser things on the lookout for the Final Big Bada Boom that ties it all together and solves the puzzle of the Universe and Everyone and Everything Will Be Okay Forever. You might just end up sitting on your ass your whole life if it's all or nothing. One thing that has helped me here has been the embracing and better understanding the reality of Choice, parallel timelines and how incredibly many incarnations our enssences are having. It is a very freeing thought. It's not just this. This is not all that matters. Actually, even wasting a life sitting on my ass would not be wasted, just an experience (however let that not be a word of encouragement to my also existing laziness ?) It has taken me years to get accustomed to the thought that not everything is 'meant to be' or has a particular meaning or, purpose, or lesson, and that there are accidents and coincidences in this world. And that our essences and Tao love random! Man that has been a hard one to swallow for someone who used to realy embrace those fatalistic ideas. (An Idealist i am, yes.) I have now realised that was just a thought structure that offered me artificial support just like any religion would do, even if, of course, i had regarded religions to be for those who are not strong or brave enough to look for or accept the truth ?

Alright, this is why i never post anymore, because i feel i have no time, because i guess i know the posts will equal one and a half a marathon each time, so better end here and press enter before this vanishes as well like so many of my other replies recently!! >D

Total recognition for me, when I read this, because it was like that for me too, for a long time. I think Idealist has a big part in that and for me, also Impatience. 

As far as the nine priorities go, for me that would be purpose and grief, with purpose being the chief priority. 

And as to the word lazy: I don't have any problem with it at all, as long as I'm the one using it on me ?. Seriously, it is a word with a certain meaning and I don't quite get this 'political correctness', as I call it, about using words, apart from the obvious examples of words that, as history has shown, have been abused for horrible purposes. With those words, I get the sensitivity, but with other words I don't. So Yes, I think I am lazy too at times, but I'm okay with it. 

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Evelin
On 10/21/2017 at 5:17 AM, Miizle said:

Ha! I wonder what the "fix it all, once and for all" component in you is actually. For me it's quite clear i think, being an Artisan in Idealism, Discrimination, and  then this Purpose priority.

Good question! I don't know the answer to :) Being an INFJ in the Myers-Briggs system? Having a mathematical mind? I want to get to the root of the problem, to see the big picture and to simplify, to find the common denominator. Probably why I like the Michael Teachings, because it basically strips everything down to Love, Fear and (the power of) Choice.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

DianeHB
10 hours ago, Felicitas Brenner said:

Total recognition for me, when I read this, because it was like that for me too, for a long time. I think Idealist has a big part in that and for me, also Impatience. 

As far as the nine priorities go, for me that would be purpose and grief, with purpose being the chief priority. 

And as to the word lazy: I don't have any problem with it at all, as long as I'm the one using it on me 1f609.png. Seriously, it is a word with a certain meaning and I don't quite get this 'political correctness', as I call it, about using words, apart from the obvious examples of words that, as history has shown, have been abused for horrible purposes. With those words, I get the sensitivity, but with other words I don't. So Yes, I think I am lazy too at times, but I'm okay with it. 

I said nothing about what anyone else should do; I said I don't like the word and explained why. I think that's pretty different from policing people's word use if they find it accurate. However, to further explain my reasoning, I see the word "lazy" when used on the self as a self-deprecating term that excuses why someone doesn't do something they "should", but most of the time when they're not doing what they "should", they're actually doing something else. So why not just say what they're actually doing (which is what they prefer), instead of calling themselves "lazy" (which is not informative at all)? 

So my comment was actually an attempt to encourage people to own who they are instead of calling themselves "lazy", but if they don't want to do that, that's totally fine.

PS. I put quotes around the word "should" because it frequently signals what someone else wants us to do, or what we are imprinted to do. When it's something we want to do, that word doesn't get used.

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 10
  • THANK YOU! 2

Felicitas Brenner
1 hour ago, DianeHB said:

I said nothing about what anyone else should do; I said I don't like the word and explained why. I think that's pretty different from policing people's word use if they find it accurate. However, to further explain my reasoning, I see the word "lazy" when used on the self as a self-deprecating term that excuses why someone doesn't do something they "should", but most of the time when they're not doing what they "should", they're actually doing something else. So why not just say what they're actually doing (which is what they prefer), instead of calling themselves "lazy" (which is not informative at all)? 

So my comment was actually an attempt to encourage people to own who they are instead of calling themselves "lazy", but if they don't want to do that, that's totally fine.

PS. I put quotes around the word "should" because it frequently signals what someone else wants us to do, or what we are imprinted to do. When it's something we want to do, that word doesn't get used.

I didn't say or imply that you meant to police other people's use of words, but was actually only referring to the sensitivity about (the meaning of) a word, but thanks for the clarification of what you meant. I don't have the same idea about the word lazy, but that's okay. It's always interesting to see how a word comes across to different people. 

• LIKE/LOVE 3

NicholasV

I don't think I've heard so much about cells, consciousness, and expansion of old soul perspectives from a Michael channeling before. It's inspiring.

On 10/17/2017 at 6:13 PM, Janet said:

As the Old Soul evolves, there comes a point where it is recognized that the entire planet works this way. And we will get to that in another discussion with you.

I can't contain the anticipation for this!

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Erick
22 hours ago, Kasia said:

I remember a session in which Michael once said that the choices of the Body always trump Personality, and the choices of Personality always trump Essence, and I never quite understood that comment until this session.

food seems like an obvious area the body may override the choices of personality, most obvious when it decides to purge what it didn't like, out of one and/or both ends. the food cravings of pregnant mothers is likely another form of the body communicating what food it wants, from what it has experienced in the past.

this also connects to a session i recall where eating locally was suggested as a way to help the body to adjust to the new physical location after having moved; and the potential of influencing of the consciousness of the body. although it may also be that some bodies have very different ideas of what is desired than the current views of what is good for the body from the personality. 

• LIKE/LOVE 3

PPLD
On 24/10/2017 at 7:38 PM, Felicitas Brenner said:

I didn't say or imply that you meant to police other people's use of words, but was actually only referring to the sensitivity about (the meaning of) a word, but thanks for the clarification of what you meant. I don't have the same idea about the word lazy, but that's okay. It's always interesting to see how a word comes across to different people. 

This is so interesting! I kinda get both of you @DianeHB and @Felicitas Brenner.

So just to add to the confusion:

I LOVE the word lazy! ? Have only good associations to it! 

Being lazy is to me like a combo of being a bit naughty, mischievous, sneaky and innocent! It's a play, a game, an indulgence.

When it comes to the 'should', well - there are  'shoulds' in life, if one has certain requirements or expectation or however we choose to call it;

You want to have a tidy home - then you should arrange so it is tidied up. Whether you do it yourself or you make someone to do it for you - you are the one who should fix the solution. If you choose not to, and yet you deal with guilt or  bad conscience about it, you are not lazy to me - you are dishonest with yourself.

If you are hired to do a certain job for a certain pay, but you rather the pay while avoiding doing the work, you are not lazy to me - you are negligent.

If you promise to deliver, but instead of doing what should be done, you prioritise something else, you are not lazy - you are simply unreliable.

If you choose to live your life by doing what the mainstream deems to be unnecessary and not doing what they see as crucial, and in that you stand by your choice and take the consequences, you are not lazy to me - you own your life and your path.

I think that the joy of chosen laziness has been forgotten and distorted.

I wish for more acknowledgement and enjoyment of LAZY for everyone! ?

Edited by PPLD
  • LIKE/LOVE 4

KurtisM

Today I was thinking of the priorities, and realized that I can get an idea of how priorities might change in different realities through fiction.

Most of my stories take place in worlds where money doesn't exist. Half because I think money is irrelevant, and half because it's really not necessary in the first place for the world building.

One of my stories contains more of a communist world economy, and rather than collecting money, I realize that one of the most prized priorities in that world is STATUS.

Quite a few of my characters in that world focus on their ranking, contribution and reputation, because that's what grants them access to resources and allows them to gauge their position relative to others and their own past.

This made me think about how the 8th priority might change based on the average soul age. In a Young Soul World we focus on collecting things to gain things- such as money or status.

But in an Infant World we focus more on securing things like FOOD.

In a Baby World, we focus more on civilizing and our social role/function. So a priority might revolve around that.

In a Mature world, the 8th Priority could be about CONTRIBUTION. In an Old World, the focus might be on EXPERIENCE/CREATIVITY.

Etc etc... it always seems to revolve around some kind of exchange.

I also thought about sex and how it revolves around physical ecstasy, so even the pleasure of MUSIC could be a priority for another sentient species that doesn' experience sex the same way we do.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

PPLD
On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:13 AM, Janet said:

Many who have this trajectory may not even know that they have a trajectory of Addiction, or a Priority of Addiction, because some Addictions are quite culturally acceptable.

Definitely applies to me.

The chemical part can be easily sorted out, since it is something tangible. Not exactly my main application, except nicotine. But I have to say that both the emotional and intellectual applications are harder to identify for me, than I expected them to be!

Validating, validating!

• LIKE/LOVE 2