Ingun

BOREDOM

Ingun

I've collected quotes on the topic since I was inspired from the posts in Matt's discussion here Bored

[MEntity] And we wish to clarify again that your life is not boring. No life is boring. Boredom is simply the rejection of participation.

From:  Michael Speaks -- Conscious Connection to Essence (3 of 3)

Boredom is always a symptom of Maya and is a literal self-lie to remove responsibility. When Boredom is indulged in, you are living in a space of time that was created from want of “having more time”, then when it arrives, you seek to fill it. This all happens because creation on the Physical Plane is denser and slower, therefore the space and time sought “shows up”, but sometimes out of synch with your faster moving mind. Making a note that Boredom is a sign of forgetting your original intentions can help make more of that time. It is not required, of course, that you continue with your original intentions, but release the judgments about EXPERIENCING the slowing of time and take a moment to stop. When we say this is a self-lie to remove responsibility, we mean this in terms of being able to respond, not in terms of discipline.

Just curious about the obstacles to resolution of self-karma...what tends to keep us from resolving them? Are these obstacles different for the various soul ages?

The most-common obstacles to resolution are boredom, specialness, and crisis management:

Boredom is the result of rejection of Essence, and like a dog with anxiety cut off from his sense of resource, can chew off his own skin to keep busy with distraction.

Specialness is a result of rejection of Uniqueness, and spends all of its energy seeking constant external validation for any sense of value. Uniqueness requires nothing for it to Be; it is inherent. Specialness requires constant feedback.

Crisis Management is a result of rejection, or distortion, of one's strengths gained over the lifetime. It becomes far more familiar and routine to manage crises, or patterns of issues, than it is to use those strengths for managing the creation of the life, and new patterns of freedom.

Boredom is usually linked to Self-Destruction and Greed; Specialness to Self-deprecation and Arrogance; and Crises to Impatience and Martyrdom.

Put another way, Boredom often perpetuates Intellectual issues; Specialness perpetuates Emotional issues; and Crises perpetuates Physical Issues.

That is a generality, but it is fairly consistent, keeping in mind that there may be layers within a Self-Karma.

[Janet] I think of my life in terms of whether I'm bored or not bored. I see correlation to distracted or enthusiastic.

[MEntity]
That would be fair, Janet, as boredom is a lack of presence and connection to Essence. If Essence is put at a distance, boredom tends to be a result. Often, when one is not enthusiastic, one shuts down the resonance to Essence.

Boredom is the result of rejection or resistance to the presence of Essence, so only the Personality is capable of being bored. Personality can get bored because it can actively or passively diminish the capability of the organism for Pleasure (happiness/love), Laughter (paradox/beauty), and Tears (comprehension/truth). While the Personality is perfectly capable of encouraging these primary elements of life, it is often the case that they are ignored if rejection or resistance to Essence is in place.

FIVE: Truthful Choices: building upon the previous four levels or stages, we would describe the 5th stage as that of being incapable of deceiving yourself or others, or making choices based upon lies that you have come to rely upon as truths about yourself or others in ways that cause harm, isolation, pain, boredom, or lack of fulfillment. We rarely see a full movement into or beyond this 5th stage.

Older souls tend to create patterns of crisis and conflict for 4 reasons:

Boredom: Essence knows that one of the only ways to truly “stay awake” within a life is to sustain challenging experiences

Familiarity: Personality becomes so accustomed to handling these scenarios that the momentum seems to daunting to even try to alter

Purpose: Conflict and Crisis are a means for defining a unique sense of self

TRUST: Essence and Personality allow the life to be a magnet for crisis and conflict because there is an inherent trust in the process of life, however tiring and overwhelming it may seem.

From:  Michael Speaks June 14, 2008 - Being Alive and Living Your Life

The next area that we feel might contribute to your understanding of what it means to be alive is to choose and create Freedom; in your day-to-day living.

Each of you requires a certain amount of Freedom for you to feel alive. If that freedom becomes restricted, it can feel unpleasant. This freedom applies to many levels of you, of course, your spiritual freedom, your intellectual freedom, your emotional freedom, and your physical freedom. Understanding what it means for you to be free, or to have a free amount of choice in your day-to-day living, is important.

But what many of you do is fall to the default of freedom, and experience Boredom. Because with freedom... most of our students have come to learn that with freedom comes a need for structure. They go hand in hand; they are not mutually exclusive. With freedom comes a sense of responsibility, a sense of discipline. When most fragments start to create a certain amount of freedom within the life, it becomes terrifying, because then issues of responsibility come into play. Issues of discipline, self--discipline (which simply means a heightened awareness of your choice making process) comes into play, and then what you do is you fall into the default structures, which we could describe as routines, repetitive patterns, or Boredom. You check out, and you let life fall into its own shape or a momentum that you've already started, and this can make you feel less alive. In order to break that you simply need to define what it means for you to feel free in your day-to-day living, and then allow yourself the permission to create the structure required for that freedom to be in place.

From Matt's blog:  channeling -I don't know how to have fun

Boredom is always a resistance to wakefulness, resistance to some form of Truth, Love, or Beauty.

From Bobby's blog:  First 2 Lifetimes At Old Soul Level 1

[MEntity]: Nothing is boring in Essence.
[MEntity]: Boredom is the absence of consciousness.
[MEntity]: Absence of Essence.
[MEntity]: Absence of presence.

Edited by Ingun
deleted something that was posted twice
  • LIKE/LOVE 11
  • THANK YOU! 7

PPLD

@Ingun this is amazing! Thank you for compiling these quotes.

I find it very, very interesting because the concept of boredom is very hard for me to comprehend. That, I think is a Scholarly thing, because I find most anything and everything interesting, to be of value, or fascinating.

Mmmm, will now indulge in all this information! 😍

• LIKE/LOVE 10

Guest Matt

Omg thank you @Ingun. Thank you isnt even enough, i love it. This is going to help me so much. Boredom is something i really need to work on.

Uma
4 hours ago, Ingun said:

Boredom is the result of rejection or resistance to the presence of Essence, so only the Personality is capable of being bored. Personality can get bored because it can actively or passively diminish the capability of the organism for Pleasure (happiness/love), Laughter (paradox/beauty), and Tears (comprehension/truth). While the Personality is perfectly capable of encouraging these primary elements of life, it is often the case that they are ignored if rejection or resistance to Essence is in place.

Great quotes @Ingun Thank you for posting them. The above really stood out as the key to what happens and how to counter it. So, for me, if boredom arises, just invite Essence to the party and it becomes interesting. 

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Wendy
17 hours ago, Ingun said:

But what many of you do is fall to the default of freedom, and experience Boredom. Because with freedom... most of our students have come to learn that with freedom comes a need for structure. They go hand in hand; they are not mutually exclusive. With freedom comes a sense of responsibility, a sense of discipline. When most fragments start to create a certain amount of freedom within the life, it becomes terrifying, because then issues of responsibility come into play. Issues of discipline, self--discipline (which simply means a heightened awareness of your choice making process) comes into play, and then what you do is you fall into the default structures, which we could describe as routines, repetitive patterns, or Boredom. You check out, and you let life fall into its own shape or a momentum that you've already started, and this can make you feel less alive. In order to break that you simply need to define what it means for you to feel free in your day-to-day living, and then allow yourself the permission to create the structure required for that freedom to be in place.

Oh yes, I know this well.

Thanks so much for this @Ingun!

• LIKE/LOVE 1