Is it possible I do not have a muse?

Luciana Flora

Question

Luciana Flora

I observed the typical interest in celebrity profile. but I notice something interesting in me. I've never been anyone's fan. I'm not so interested in knowing the celebrity prophesy.

From what I learned here at TLE many celebrities are muses. It makes sense, it's a way to inspire many people.

But I may like some singer songs or the character of some series. but I do not have much interest in knowing about the personal life of these singers.

I do not think celebrities are forced to sell a picture. And there is no guarantee that the image they see really has something to do with it.

I prefer to know the profile of friends and family, of people who really are part of my life. For these reasons I believe I do not have a muse. It is possible??

Edited by Luciana Flora
  • LIKE/LOVE 4

11 answers to this question

celebrities tend to be common shared representative for the muse position but not always

these two have some good info on the support circle and muse position

topic/1384-omw-june-5-2010-support-circle-of-12/

MUSE Position. This Position is the pure aspiration with which you measure your life against and strive to attain personally. The MUSE is the least tangible and namable, although you can usually hint at it in certain phrases, such as "Freedom", or "Unconditional Love"; more specifically in "Sexual Freedom", or "Unconditional Love of my family". Certain people, historically, become a MUSE for masses of people, such as Christ, or Buddha; even musical/theatrical entertainers, or political figures, like Madonna and James Dean, John F. Kennedy and Princess Di. Knowing and acknowledging who personifies your MUSE and being able to identify the quality to some extent constructs a sort of "light" ahead. The MUSE gives the greatest clues as to why you came to be incarnated in the first place. Be as clear as possible in your definition of the MUSE and refrain from confusing the source of the MUSE with the Muse itself. For instance, our Philosophy may be a MUSE, but we, the entity, act as Enlightenment, a vehicle for your MUSE. Another: Madonna's music may be entertaining, but her Personality, itself, acts as MUSE for most. One more: For some, Seth's Teachings act as Enlightenment, but Jane Roberts acts as the actual MUSE. You may have many MUSES to help tend to the different areas of your life, though this may be true of any of the Positions.

topic/1385-omw-october-2-2010-support-circle-of-12/

MUSE POSITION is defined by "pure aspiration." It is a QUALITY against which you measure yourself as bringing meaning, fulfillment, and embodiment to that Quality.

It's the only Position that is NEVER a Person, but can always be represented by a person.

Your Muse can usually be described by a word or a phrase, and that can often be found in those people who inspire you the most in your life.

A Muse can be represented by anything and everything, as long as it embodies that Quality.

So if your Muse is FREEDOM, for instance, you may find Martin Luther King, Jr is an embodiment of your Muse.

Or if you find that CREATIVITY is your Muse, you might find a certain artist embodying your Muse.

MUSE = Inspiration - Emotion – Mode

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 3
  • WARRIOR

The Muse position in your Support Circle has 12 strings of positions so it is highly unlikely that you do not have an active Muse.  The Muse doesn't have to be a celebrity or even a person.  It can be a thing, too as I discovered in this blog post.

• LIKE/LOVE 7
2 hours ago, Luciana Flora said:

I've never been anyone's fan. I'm not so interested in knowing the celebrity prophesy.

OMG, thank you for saying that @Luciana Flora!

I don't really understand what it means to be a fan of whomever. I have never had posters on my walls of people or groups when I was a teenager, nor do I have today any people that I could describe as being a fan of.

I find using a celebrity status for influence of good causes admirable, but my appreciation is for the principle behind it, and doesn't differ when applied to anyone - known or unknown - living by that principle.

I find being good at your work when you are an actor or a musician etc admirable, but my appreciation of people being good at their work goes for all kind of people and all kind of work. 

When it comes to celebrities, I find it interesting to explore the resonance I can feel with some, but that too is equally interesting as the resonance I can feel to anyone I encounter on my path.

I also have strong skepticism toward gurus and resembling concepts. So I totally get your question and have been asking myself the same.

The links you posted @Erick and @Bobby are very helpful! Haven't explored my Support Circle at all, and studying these transcripts can be a good start for defining my Muses. 

Thank you for stating this discussion Luciana and for the inputs!

Edited by PPLD
  • LIKE/LOVE 7
Luciana Flora

@Bobby

I loved your session, I better understand what a muse would be. My idea of muse would be a person you admire and inspire. And as I saw many posts associating muses with celebrities I thought celebrities would be muses, but apparently not necessarily.

I did not know youtube could be a muse. If so, I wonder if some of the series that I watch could have that muse role for me.

I noticed that most of the series I watch and enjoy are series of super heroes.

And I find it interesting because in childhood most of my jokes I was a hero. Although I've never felt like a hero in real life then I've always seen it as a way to escape. A way to show my desire to be admired, to be admired in something.

But if youtube can be a muse, I believe that a TV series can also be

• LIKE/LOVE 2
Luciana Flora
44 minutes ago, PPLD said:

I don't really understand what it means to be a fan of whomever. I have never had posters on my walls of people or groups when I was a teenager, nor do I have today any people that I could describe as being a fan of.

I find using a celebrity status for influence of good causes admirable, but my appreciation is for the principle behind it, and doesn't differ when applied to anyone - known or unknown - living by that principle.

I find being good at your work when you are an actor or a musician etc admirable, but my appreciation of people being good at their work goes for all kind of people and all kind of work. 

When it comes to celebrities, I find it interesting to explore the resonance I can feel with some, but that too is equally interesting as the resonance I can feel to anyone I encounter on my path.

I also have strong skepticism toward gurus and resembling concepts. So I totally get your question and have been asking myself the same.

The links you posted @Erick and @Bobby are very helpful! Haven't explored my Support Circle at all, and studying these transcripts can be a good start for defining my Muses. 

@PPLD

I agree with everything you said. I also never had anyone's posters in my room.

I remember that at the time of my adolescence I saw a classmate writing a letter with a hand several times for a singer. I did not say anything but I thought: How can she love someone she does not even know?

It's one thing I like the music of someone else and like the person. And as I said, artits seal an image. Even because this is necessary in their work.

For me to adirar algue it is necessary to meet the person and for me to know it is necessary for me to know the person I need to interact with this person

@Erick Thank you for posting about the Muses. It helped me to understand this position better.

Edited by Luciana Flora
  • LIKE/LOVE 3
  • WARRIOR
1 hour ago, PPLD said:

I don't really understand what it means to be a fan of whomever.

@PPLD: Didn't I just see you with photos of Phillip Glass, ecstatic fan at a concert??????

That's what it means to be a fan. In my opinion.

Edited by Uma
  • LIKE/LOVE 3
  • LOL 5
41 minutes ago, Uma said:

@PPLD: Didn't I just see you with photos of Phillip Glass, ecstatic fan at a concert??????

That's what it means to be a fan. In my opinion.

:D Hilarious

Dunno, but if Essence Recognition is being a fan, than I am fan of you too @Uma ?

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • LOL 3
Luciana Flora

Today I watched an episode of The Flash series. And I think you had a great example of why I think that series can be a Muse for me. There was a scene in this episode that I found very interesting.

For those who do not follow the series understand the scene I'm going to post I'll explain some things. In this series there are multiple universes. And this character, who is a genius, some  his versions in these other universes to solve a problem. But he did not like these other versions. And there was a talk about self  compassion that I found very interesting. Yes it goes the video of the excerpt:

Sometimes I think I also lack a bit of self compassion. I think seeing this scene was a great help for my self esteem issues. Although the scene fits more in arrogance. Both arrogance and self-depreciation have to do with self-esteem.

Edited by Luciana Flora
6 hours ago, Luciana Flora said:

I noticed that most of the series I watch and enjoy are series of super heroes.

one idea from this and some of your other comments, you may want to consider something like "independence" as what fills your muse position.

• LIKE/LOVE 3
On 11/26/2017 at 10:13 AM, PPLD said:

WORD. 

Me either.  No celebrity crushes, no posters- and I was totally baffled by friends who did all this.  There are a few whose talents I greatly admire, but for the most part, I have zero interest in celebrities

- esp the majority who are famous for "nothing."  Cannot figure out who could be in my Support Circle either.... and my cats probably sub for a lot of spots.  Maybe THEY are my Muses.

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Kerrin said:

but for the most part, I have zero interest in celebrities

Probably because our Entity is filled with them, right?! ?

Edit: whoops! I thought you were in E2 for a second. But still, you've probably had enough of us!

Edited by Heidi
  • LIKE/LOVE 1
  • LOL 4