Luciana Flora

Dark Netflix

Luciana Flora

I started watching this series on Netflix. I found the story different and interesting. is a series that approaches time in a non-linear fashion. I have not seen everything yet but found it very interesting.

In this link is said a little about this series

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_(TV_series)

• LIKE/LOVE 8

PPLD

Ooooh, I like what Wikipedia says about it.

Have to check it out!

Thanks for the tip Luciana ?

• LIKE/LOVE 3

James D
5 hours ago, Luciana Flora said:

I started watching this series on Netflix. I found the story different and interesting. is a series that approaches time in a non-linear fashion. I have not seen everything yet but found it very interesting.

In this link is said a little about this series

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_(TV_series)

@Luciana Flora thanks for recommending this show. Just watched the first three episodes. It's really well done, and very creepy. The overdubs are a bit annoying (would rather it had subtitles so I could learn some German) but the acting is excellent and it keeps you hanging on the edge of your seat. Looking forward to binge-watching the rest of the season. 

• LIKE/LOVE 5

James D

@Luciana Flora I just watched Episode 7. This is an extraordinary series. Did you watch the whole season? No spoilers, please. What is it about Germany that disturbs and intrigues me so deeply? I have always been enthused by books and movies about time travel: 'The Butterfly Effect', 'Somewhere in Time', 'Sliding Doors' (parallels), 'Time Cop' et al. They shine a light on the intricacy and subtlety of causality and karma. I'm already excited for Season Two of "Dark", provided 2018 or 2019 arrive, and there is never a guarantee, of course. We woo and romance and nurture the Now like a lover, yearning for the Now to favor us with good fortune and fulfillment, but we can only provide this for ourselves when we make peace with the Now and give it our complete devotion. 

Edited by James D
  • LIKE/LOVE 9

Heidi
1 hour ago, James D said:

I have always been enthused by books and movies about time travel:

'The Butterfly Effect', 'Somewhere in Time', 'Sliding Doors' (parallels),

Same here! Time travel movies and stories are my absolute favorite.  I've seen the three you mentioned, but not 'Time Cop.'  'Somewhere in Time' made me cry like a baby. Other notable mentions : 'Planet of the Apes,' 'Peggy Sue Got Married,' 'The Time Machine' (of course), and more recently 'Interstellar.'

Well, you both have sold me on 'Dark.' I know what I'm doing with my free time next week. :)

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Luciana Flora
3 hours ago, James D said:

I just watched Episode 7. This is an extraordinary series. Did you watch the whole season? No spoilers, please. What is it about Germany that disturbs and intrigues me so deeply? I have always been enthused by books and movies about time travel:

'The Butterfly Effect', 'Somewhere in Time', 'Sliding Doors' (parallels), 'Time Cop' et al. They shine a light on the intricacy and subtlety of causality and karma. I'm already excited for Season Two of "Darkness", provided 2018 or 2019 arrive, and there is never a guarantee, of course. We woo and romance and nurture the Now like a lover, yearning for the Now to favor us with good fortune and fulfillment, but we can only provide this for ourselves when we make peace with the Now and give it our complete devotio

This week was a little rush for me. I had little time. The next episode I'm going to watch is episode 8. I plan to end this weekend.

And I agree the series is really fantastic. I also hope there will be a second season.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

James D
1 hour ago, Heidi said:

Same here! Time travel movies and stories are my absolute favorite.  I've seen the three you mentioned, but not 'Time Cop.'  'Somewhere in Time' made me cry like a baby. Other notable mentions : 'Planet of the Apes,' 'Peggy Sue Got Married,' 'The Time Machine' (of course), and more recently 'Interstellar.'

Well, you both have sold me on 'Dark.' I know what I'm doing with my free time next week. :)

"Somewhere in Time" tears me up, as well. That unrequited/curtailed love theme rips my gut open. "Time Cop" is a guilty pleasure - have watched it a dozen times, easily. Jean-Claude Van Damme's best movie. The hero makes it home to his beloved. And sheeyat, I forgot about "Groundhog Day" my favorite movie, which also has a Time theme. I feel like a Bodhisattva most of the time, sticking around and beating experiences and lessons to death ad nauseam till I get them right. "Peggy Sue Got Married" is arguably Nick Cage's best performance. 

Edited by James D
  • LIKE/LOVE 6

Heidi
7 hours ago, James D said:

"Somewhere in Time" tears me up, as well. That unrequited/curtailed love theme rips my gut open. "Time Cop" is a guilty pleasure - have watched it a dozen times, easily. Jean-Claude Van Damme's best movie. The hero makes it home to his beloved. And sheeyat, I forgot about "Groundhog Day" my favorite movie, which also has a Time theme. I feel like a Bodhisattva most of the time, sticking around and beating experiences and lessons to death ad nauseam till I get them right. "Peggy Sue Got Married" is arguably Nick Cage's best performance. 

Groundhog Day is so good. Okay, making a personal note to watch Time Cop as well!

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Luciana Flora

@James D 

I see you just as I fell in love with the series. So I have good news the second season is already confirmed. I finished watching the first season today. And I'm really curious about the second one. IN this link is missing a bit about that. But attention point spoiler of the first season

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/feature/a845327/dark-season-2-netflix-release-date-cast-trailer-theories-plot/

Edited by Luciana Flora
  • LIKE/LOVE 6

DanielaS

I started watching this last night. I loved it! Thanks for the recommendation, Luciana.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Heidi
On 12/19/2017 at 10:57 PM, James D said:

The overdubs are a bit annoying (would rather it had subtitles so I could learn some German)

Good news, although this might be coming too late...

Go to "audio and subtitles" and click on "English" for subtitles, then click on "German (5.1)" for audio. Voila! 

• LIKE/LOVE 7

James D
9 hours ago, Heidi said:

Good news, although this might be coming too late...

Go to "audio and subtitles" and click on "English" for subtitles, then click on "German (5.1)" for audio. Voila! 

Oh snap. Very cool. It's so good, I'm going to watch the season again, this time in der Deutsche. Thanks, @Heidi !!! 

Edited by James D
  • LIKE/LOVE 3

Heidi

Just wanted to pop in and say I finished this series the other day, and it was so good that now I'm in a depressive "show hole," grasping for something new until season two comes. The new season of 'Black Mirror' will do for now. I don't know whether to thank you or curse you, @Luciana Flora for recommending this brilliant show! ; )

Edited by Heidi
  • LIKE/LOVE 4
  • LOL 1

Jeroen

@Luciana Flora

Thanks for the suggestion. I just finished season 1 yesterday and loved it. I think I might watch it again.

It is awesome to see more shows and movies exploring the concept of non-linear time. The one other movie I saw fairly recently which referenced non-linear time was the movie Arrival.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

David Michael Peddigree

@Heidi @James D Somewhere in Time is one of my all-time favorites! Every time I've seen it (and that's many times, indeed), I've ended up needing a rowboat and paddles to navigate the sea of my own tears. Have either of you read Richard Matheson's (old priest) novel, from which he adapted the screenplay? Also, speaking of time-travel films, have either of you seen the horror film Triangle? Like The Butterfly Effect, it's a devastatingly mind-bending film. It plays with the concept of time loops in a way that's so disturbing that I'm getting serious chills just thinking about it. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Edited by David Michael Peddigree
  • LIKE/LOVE 1

Heidi
2 hours ago, David Michael Peddigree said:

I've ended up needing a rowboat and paddles to navigate the sea of my own tears.

Lol! You know, it's been years. I may have to give that one a re-watch. 

I've never heard of Triangle, but thx for the suggestion! I'll definitely check it out!

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Wendy

Excited to try out these new shows when I'm done with Sense8, which I'm in love with and wanting to string it out so it doesn't end!   

• LIKE/LOVE 1

James D

I highly recommend "Goliath" on Amazon and "Secret City" on Netflix. Very binge-worthy and riveting. 

• LIKE/LOVE 1