Troy

JANUARY COMMUNITY CHALLENGE: My 2018 Intention

Troy

JANUARY 2018 COMMUNITY CHALLENGE

MY 2018

Describe in a short phrase or single word what your baseline and priority intention is for 2018. 

RULES:  Let this be a serious planting of a seed that you will check in on as the year passes. Use a blog here on TLE to help yourself navigate the year and the nurturing of this Intention. Reach out and offer insight and support to people with Intentions that you think you can help.

FORMAT: format your post like this...

MY 2018 INTENTION: your one word or phrase here

OBSTACLES: what do you think are your biggest obstacles to fulfilling this Intention?

STRENGTHS: What do you think is already in your favor regarding the nurturing and fulfillment of this Intention?

WINNER:  All participants will be entered into the monthly random drawing for a free 30-minute session!

• LIKE/LOVE 11

Sam K

MY 2018 INTENTION: MOVEMENT

OBSTACLES: My natural tendency to be content with things, to just let the world flow around me while I stay still.

STRENGTHS: I've spent all of 2017 building a more active mindset and laying the groundwork for the actual changes I intend to make this year, both in my personal life and in the world around me.  In many cases, I've already begun the initial steps forward, and 2018 will be about building momentum and seeing things to fruition.

• LIKE/LOVE 17

Nick Sweeney (Babylove)

2018 INTETNTION:  COMMITMENT/FOCUS

OBSTACLE: Various distractions!

STRENGTHS:  Clarity and momentum

• LIKE/LOVE 16
  • WHAT/WOW! 1

DanielaS

MY 2018 INTENTION: "Fuck It, Why Not"

OBSTACLES: My habit of over-thinking and over-analyzing my options for fear that I might make the wrong decision.

STRENGTHS: I've already been practicing this and I love it and I want to keep doing it. I don't want to spend the energy any more on over-weighing each decision. I'm too busy. Fuck it-- I just want to make the decision and move on and live with whatever the consequences.

This intention comes from my 2018 Quick Preview:

SUB PATTERN - Perspectives

Perspective appears to be focused on a “fuck it, why not” attitude. This is a year where it may seem more reckless and senseless to NOT follow an impulse. In the past, there may have been some reservations, negotiations, distrust, uncertainty. 2018 looks to be a year when you take the risks you have been putting off.

• LIKE/LOVE 14

PPLD

MY 2018 INTENTION: Living My Dream

OBSTACLES: Overwhelm

STRENGTHS: Non-Attachment

Living My Dream

Definitely time for realisation of my ideas and projects. It is also time to go for my passions!

It suddenly feels like I have a really good ground to build on, good fundament – privately, professionally and spiritually. To me it matters, because I like long-term planning and strategy. And now – it seems like all the pieces of the puzzle can actually be combined into a nice, multidimensional picture that I see as my future.

I’m ready!

It’s a cool feeling!   

Overwhelm

Still struggling with the feeling of overwhelm, that I was introduced to during the last years of my 4th IM and my Turning Point in 2016. Although these were completed in Positive Poles, I still have shit to work through, that remains on a level of habitual behaviours that may lead to fear, inertia, depression, excuses etc. But yep, it starts with overwhelm.

Non-Attachment

I was considering Perseverance, Goal-orientation, Fearlessness, Power, but nah – Non-Attachment I see as most valuable in the context.

It helps me stay objective.

It helps me to see through myself and my self-sabotage, as well as when it comes externally.

It helps me to be able to learn, however uncomfortable the teaching I face might be.

It helps me to discern between goal and expectation.

It helps me to love and care, where my emotionality, hurt or fear would prevent me to.

It helps me to choose with clearness and awareness from whatever else I might have in the toolbox. And to search or to ask for what I may not have.

• LIKE/LOVE 14

Jana

MY 2018 INTENTION: More focused nurturing

OBSTACLES: Lack of full presence, distractions

STRENGTHS: I have started and I keep going

Edited by Jana
  • LIKE/LOVE 14

AnnH

My 2018 Intention: FUN

Obstacles: APATHY

Strength: DETACHMENT

My goal is to play more. I've been overwhelmed, like Pat, and I just wanna let go and have more fun instead of cocooning.

• LIKE/LOVE 14

AnnaD

Hi. 

My 2018 intention is to maximise opportunities for creative transformation. I get most enthused and feel most playful and inspired, when I am creating things and transforming environments/situations by being creative and resourceful with them. this applies to all areas, as in, making a space more inviting and interesting, and making myself more inviting and welcoming.. (ie toning down some instant judgements, dialling that back a bit)

Obstacles: Tiredness, leading to having no energy. Which is a vicious cycle. I make sure I at some stage get enough sleep, but once I have some sleep, then for me I have no excuses not to be creative and transformative.

Strength: 3 previous grand cycles as an Artisan (I think it was my favourite role) and I love the artisan and scholar overlap of exploring, experimentation, and what would happen if I did that kind of thing. curiosity is a major strength.

• LIKE/LOVE 14

KurtisM

Interestingly I already set an intention for this year before this was posted.

It's the first time I felt compelled to do so!

MY 2018 INTENTION: "To put it into action."

One of the things i've had the hardest time with is taking risks. So it's my intention to not let fear restrain or return me, but to just do it.

I've been brainstorming and holding things in excessively in 2017, which has definitely helped me evolve a lot- but I want to just lose that constant abstract internal jumbling and bring in more action to my days.

OBSTACLES: Combating my stubborn inertia, internalization, false comfort zones, and urge to just choose NOT to because it's scary.

In general, all of these lead to stagnation and while comfort is important sometimes, I don't want to use it as an excuse anymore.

STRENGTHS: I've come this far through my constant internalizations and second guessing to realize with clarity what exactly I want.

But I would say learning is my greatest strength here- and action is always good for my centering and active body type mix. Plus putting things into action is so broad that even just getting up off my chair and spontaneously dancing would be fruitful! :D

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 13

Connor

2018 Intention: STAY AWAKE

This will be a pivotal year for the United States due to the upcoming elections. But those elections are in November. Until then, I will find ways to avoid becoming overwhelmed and numbed to the oftentimes absurd events happening here.

Obstacle: Overwhelm, Fatigue, Cynicism
It's easy to get overwhelmed by an unrestrained intake of information, the accuracy of which is often dubious at best. It is easy to resign to a cynical outlook on life: lamenting at the state of the world and railing against injustice, yet believing nothing can be done, that "the system is broken", and so ultimately doing nothing. That was my attitude towards politics for most of my life, and I am done with that, and so are many others. Last year showed a surprising surge of active citizenry in the United States - the 2017 General Elections (state and local elections) boasted record-breaking voter turnout while yielding crucial, and in some instances historic progressive victories. Usually these 'smaller' elections are forgotten about, but now more people care.

Strength: Humor

It can be found anywhere, and it reminds me to lighten up. If I'm still capable of laughter, at least something is going okay, and that will be a kind flame to nurture throughout next year. We'll need the warmth, I imagine this'll be one hell of a winter. Two Higher-Emotional Centered years back to back? Snow. Endless snow and ice. Then more hurricanes. We're screwed!! Lol. Humor will unscrew us.

• LIKE/LOVE 12
  • THANK YOU! 1
  • LOL 1

Cari

MY 2018 INTENTION: Happiness
OBSTACLES: Me
STRENGTHS: Mine

I know that I have all the resources I need, within myself, spirit, and my environment to create (read as: CHOOSE) happiness. My own self-doubt, impatience, replaying old movies in my head, etc. all sabotage me from time to time. I become overwhelmed by both inner and outer circumstances and, unfortunately, occasionally react from all the negative poles. It's like putting the car in reverse and gunning the engine without checking the mirrors...My more immediate goals include getting enough REST as well as sleep, eating so as to feel better (no more cookies for a while), and reminding myself at every turn that everything IS ok - it's ME that has to be OK with everything.

• LIKE/LOVE 13

Luciana Flora

MYintention 2018: To improve as much as I can achieve my self-confidence.

Self confidence was always a serious issue for me. I think it has improved. but she is still very fragile and it is very much I still question my own ability very much.

Obstacles: I believe the main obstacle would be if I start to see the whole failure as proof that I am not capable. That was the kind of reasoning that has been in my mind all my life.

STRENGTHS: Remember what you already get. Things that I once feared I would never get, such as: living alone and financial independence. Remember Michael's tips.

• LIKE/LOVE 12

Stickyflames

Intention for 18: Allow myself a VOICE/ Allow myself to matter

This year really has shifted priorities for me in a big way.

I feel drawn to simplicity. Prior to this year “ finding my voice” applied to a future scenario as a writer. Now, I mean it as really taking accountability for the voices in my head, what I am nurturing when I talk about myself or others. Am I speaking my truth in difficult relationships? Am I kind to myself when I don’t? Am I putting in the effort and care required before sharing? Or am I rushing my voice just to say something? When I nurture my sane voice, I allow myself to matter. At least to me.

Obstacles:

Defining myself by my own personal failures.

overwhelm by the effort required to nurture myself.

Strengths: 

My willingness to be wrong.

My willingness to learn.

I CARE 

• LIKE/LOVE 12

Evelin

My 2018 Intention: Independence
Obstacle: Fear
Strength: Experience

I structure my life in longer arcs rather than years, but here goes:

I've decided to live apart for a while. The past five years have been overwhelming in all sorts of ways. I am so tired of making huge decisions while getting used to working again and helping my daughter get used to kindergarten, I feel I haven't lived MY OWN life in ages. Need to change that. My only New Year resolution is to keep seeing my therapist for EMDR, which really helps me.

• LIKE/LOVE 13

Maxim [memorial profile]

Thanks for the heads up E.  I'll take you off my Most Favored Women of TLE tour.  May your time alone be fruitful and productive. Didn't know rapid eye movement was such an established therapy.  I have known it from health fairs.

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • LOL 2

Susanna

My 2018 Intention: To be more authentic!
Obstacle: Fear of not being accepted or loved when I be me.
Strength: Creativity and already some experiences that showed me how enriching it is to be authentic.

Edited by Susanna
  • LIKE/LOVE 12

Eric

My 2018 Intention: To Start A New Path

Obstacles: Fear, Self-deprecation, Overwhelm, Distraction

Strengths: Skills, Support Network, Resources

My intention is actually much like Sam's. I've been somewhat adrift for the past few years, allowing life to flow by me in my contentment. But a creeping sense of stagnation and discontent is pushing the need to change things up and start a new path to the forefront of my mind again, especially financially. I can't even describe how that last bit terrifies the crap out of me, as I have no clue what direction to go in or even how; the realm of jobs stirs up self karma and self-deprecation in me like nothing else, such that I feel not only lost but inept and paralyzed. That has to change, though, if I ever hope to grow and be a better me. I do have skills and resources I can call upon, and I'm hoping some of 2017 has helped me put some cracks in the walls of fear in my mind. In the end, this year will all be about getting past my fears, deciding a path, and actually taking the first steps on it, which ideally will start the foundation for bigger changes in the future.

Edited by Eric
  • LIKE/LOVE 13

Faye

My 2018 Intention: Adopt my True Personality in public.

Obstacles: Fear of what other's think.

Strengths: Knowing who I am and being secure in the knowledge that I AM SAFE.

• LIKE/LOVE 13

Sonny

MY 2018 INTENTION:  Finishing up.

OBSTACLES:  Strong Self-dep, 24/7 neuropathic pain, constant headaches, PTSD, chronic fatigue.

STRENGTHS: Well, I'm still here, and I've begun.

I was woken up around dawn on New Year's Day. In the transitional twilight zone of waking and sleep, I received a firm mental directive, accompanied by images.

I am to finish all my half-finished and undone projects and jobs this year.

The cane chair out on the back patio? Finish sanding, then varnish.

Sorting through boxes of books to see what I want to keep?  Started. Now keep going.

The eroded path by the carport? Got the materials - fix it.

Sort through old emails and clear them out? Started - now finish it.

All this (and more) came through in just a moment. Having received this message, I felt oddly happy, then fell back asleep.

And I've started.

I only get one to two good hours a day before I'm exhausted (three to four hours on a good day - not enough of those) so I have ration out my time, which is a pain the arse. But I've started...

• LIKE/LOVE 15

PPLD
6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I only get one to two good hours a day before I'm exhausted (three to four hours on a good day - not enough of those) so I have ration out my time, which is a pain the arse.

I am sorry to hear WHY you only get one to two good hours, but just want to point out - WOW!

Most people I've seen, myself included, don't use half of this time daily, with efficiency and true focus on a task.

It was very inspiring to read your post @Sonny. I'm there too right now. Finishing shit. Sorting shit. Setting the fundament for new shit.

Will be thinking of your example when I start distracting myself ?

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • THANK YOU! 1

Sonny
12 minutes ago, PPLD said:

It was very inspiring to read your post

I'm genuinely blushing a little bit because I cannot remember being called inspiring before!

My heart chakra's reacting happily too. ?

Thank you!

• LIKE/LOVE 9
  • THANK YOU! 1

Rosario

MY 2018 INTENTION: GOING FOR IT / EMPOWERMENT

As my Life Plan of Reclaiming my Power ?  I'm making more choices toward the things I love. This year I am doing.

OBSTACLES: inertia, excuses, self-dep, not following through.

STRENGTHS: my enthusiasm, perseverance, trusting the process.

• LIKE/LOVE 13

petra
Intention 2018:  Undivided Attention
Obstacles :  Being a stranger in a strange land
Strength:  Everybody I love You, everybody I do 
  • LIKE/LOVE 11

BrianW

MY 2018 INTENTION: To learn how to walk

OBSTACLES: A lifetime of believing the abnormal to be normal

STRENGTHS: I am pulling up the anchor of my past and as of this past weekend, I have severed ties with all of my birth family so that I could begin to heal and begin to live my own life

Edited by BrianW
  • LIKE/LOVE 11