Insight into long sickness

Jackie

Question

Happy and Healthy 2018 to everyone!

i am scheduling a private 30 min session and I am composing my questions in order to get the most precise answer I can from the channel as I will only be able to do one session at this time. I have asked other questions on this section and have gotten good answers from the community therefore I thought I would ask my question here (this does Not replace the private session) but it can help me phrase the question better....

Background - my husband of 24 years had a massive stroke 5 Years ago which left him incapacitated, I take care of him. At time of stroke he stopped breathing, was put on life support by hospital and I asked for him to be taken off life support, hospital agreed and recommended this option but his family refused, we went to court and I could not take him off. I love him and do not mind taking care of him but the whole situation does not make sense to me from an earthly point of view..I understand the larger picture of essence and I even understand what has been learned, gained from the situation but still why did it happen the way it did, Court, etc... why didnt his essence choose to leave the earthly plane instead of being in a body that no longer allows for physical freedom? and how do I make sense of it, again from this physical point , here and now.

thank you for your help, thoughts

• LIKE/LOVE 7

9 answers to this question

• WARRIOR
Bobby
18 minutes ago, Pia said:

Happy and Healthy 2018 to everyone!

i am scheduling a private 30 min session and I am composing my questions in order to get the most precise answer I can from the channel as I will only be able to do one session at this time. I have asked other questions on this section and have gotten good answers from the community therefore I thought I would ask my question here (this does Not replace the private session) but it can help me phrase the question better....

Background - my husband of 24 years had a massive stroke 5 Years ago which left him incapacitated, I take care of him. At time of stroke he stopped breathing, was put on life support by hospital and I asked for him to be taken off life support, hospital agreed and recommended this option but his family refused, we went to court and I could not take him off. I love him and do not mind taking care of him but the whole situation does not make sense to me from an earthly point of view..I understand the larger picture of essence and I even understand what has been learned, gained from the situation but still why did it happen the way it did, Court, etc... why didnt his essence choose to leave the earthly plane instead of being in a body that no longer allows for physical freedom? and how do I make sense of it, again from this physical point , here and now.

thank you for your help, thoughts

Whoa... there's a big assumption here of his Essence leaving the physical plane.  First, Essence is never on the physical plane but has its representative, the Personality.  But the assumption that Essence abandoned the personality comes from where?  If you don't know for sure, as covered by Michael elsewhere, I would recommend that as a question instead of an assumption so that it's more clear.  From what I understand when Essence withdraws completely, the body of the Personality dies.  So I definitely would not ask that question phrased that way or else you're just going to use up time getting info that's already been provided.  I understand you're trying to prevent that from occurring so, I'm just saying that now.

I'm surprised a court would rule against your decision as your husband's legal mate and in favor of his family.  Are you sure you've included all the pertinent details here because I've never heard of this occurring before?  What was the reasoning behind the ruling as it was made?

It sounds like you would like to move on from being his caretaker and since his family got to decide that he should continue living that maybe you feel like they should now become his caretaker(s)?  Is that accurate?  Is that what you're really wanting Michael's advice on?  Michael has spoken already about our obligations to one another once each are adults.  They're pretty much not mandatory and only exist by choice.  Have you spoken to your husband's family about taking him in if you have somewhat decided you wish to not be in that position anymore?

• LIKE/LOVE 3

WOW...I. am glad I posted the questions before the private as I see how things can be interpreted not as I intend...

NO at no moment have I wanted someone else to take care of him, it is my pleasure to take care of my best friend, I would do anything for him.

No, his essence has not left his personality, I am not questioning this but I do know that he would not choose to live this way, that is his personality would not choose it 

And Yes, once there is disagreement among family members the hospitals will Not respect spouses wishes and even living wills, they are afraid to get sued and once the courts are involved it is a long process and in the meanwhile the hospital continues to do everything to bring back the personality .I did not know all the nuassences until I had to go through it.

thank you for your input, will rework the question 

• LIKE/LOVE 3
Connor

Hi Pia,

The section of your question where you said, "Why did it happen the way it did?" referring to the court ruling, etc.

It reminded me of a piece of my first ever session here at TLE:

MEntity: These events are not orchestrated so that one will "learn lessons," and they are not specifically designed for Essence. Instead, these events often simply happen, and then the work of the Personality to extract from the experience something of benefit is how Essence learns, particularly while still in the lifetime.

Take it with a grain of salt, because in my case Michael was describing getting beaten up in back alley for no reason, not your experience. But this was in response to my asking Michael why it happened, and the more universal part of the message seems to be that there is no grand Why for why things happened the way they did. Things just happen, and we decide what they mean.

Edited by Connor
  • LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 2

Thank you Connor! 

This theme keeps showing up for me, that there is no why, maybe that is what I need to learn/accept....like the Juan Manual Serrat poem “ Caminante, no hay Camino” (we make the path by walking, there is no path).  

Sorry about your experience....but thanks for sharing it

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • WARRIOR
Bobby
1 hour ago, Pia said:

WOW...I. am glad I posted the questions before the private as I see how things can be interpreted not as I intend...

NO at no moment have I wanted someone else to take care of him, it is my pleasure to take care of my best friend, I would do anything for him.

No, his essence has not left his personality, I am not questioning this but I do know that he would not choose to live this way, that is his personality would not choose it 

And Yes, once there is disagreement among family members the hospitals will Not respect spouses wishes and even living wills, they are afraid to get sued and once the courts are involved it is a long process and in the meanwhile the hospital continues to do everything to bring back the personality .I did not know all the nuassences until I had to go through it.

thank you for your input, will rework the question 

Very good then.  So it sounds like the basics of what it is that you want to know then are, if he would not want to continue hanging around then why has his Essence allowed this to happen then?  Is that correct?

And don't consider this next question a badgering or anything but more about really thinking things through.... if a Personality would likely not want to hang around but their Essence chose that anyway, what possible explanations could you come up with for that?  I can think of a few but was just curious what your thoughts were on that.  One reason that I ask that is I think when we engage a question like that, we can sort of pick up on the answer ourselves and then have it validated by Michael later.  That means a whole lot to me when I can do that because it simply helps confirm the connection that I feel to be there in the first place.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Never imposing, I would have not posted such a personal question if I was going to be closed about sharing my feelings/thoughts, I am looking for the feedback.....and the conversations clear up a lot for me....

in this case, I would think personality had no choice when the medical machines to keep the body alive got introduced, the body just fought to breathe...then essence might have decided that heck, I can get something from this, at which point, I think, my essence along with my husbands made an agreement to live out the experience...of course having this validated by Michael does not make the day to day of it any easier...I think I need from Michael to know what the personality needs to do with the knowledge of the situation ?.... 

• LIKE/LOVE 3

hi Pia, 

Once you have formulated your question and you are sure that it is the most important issue to ask regarding you and your husband, then getting feedback from the Michaels can clarify your concepts around it. It helps to get clarity on things. Is your husband breathing independantly now? Is he mentally competent? You don't have to answer these questions but I would appreciate it getting a sense of what your husband can do, what you do for him, and what you remain willing to do, and what you are unprepared to do. 

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Hi

He can breathe on his own now, after some operations and therapy he was able to be taken off any type of machine but, can not speak, his right hand is 100% paralysed,  his right leg has movement from the hip only and with much therapy he is able to walk with a cane, a foot brace and my assistance, as my mom says, I am the 2nd cane...so he needs help with everything, I bathe him, clean him, shave him, and prepare his food (he is able to feed himself) we go out to restaurants, beach, supermarkets, I want him to join life as much as possible...with all his physical issues he seems happy, if asked he says he is happy....but his cognitive reasoning is so so, some days he seems to understand everything others less so...since he can not speak it is difficult to really know the level of comprehension.

as far as what I am willing to do, well as you can see, anything I just would not like to be doing it for a decade  but time will tell ...I love him and will be by his side for as long as he needs it...but really would like clarity, to make sense of the whole situation and that is where I think Michaels can help ?

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 1
Connor
10 hours ago, Pia said:

Sorry about your experience....but thanks for sharing it

Lol, don't worry about it, that was years ago.

Learning to ask Michael questions is an artform unto itself.

• LIKE/LOVE 1