Chatroom process

Michael

Question

It is time for my chatroom session.  I check in to the chat room and wait to be directed to a personal chatroom.  What happens next exactly?  Is there a link to click on?

Thanks

Michael

5 answers to this question

• WARRIOR
1 hour ago, Michael said:

It is time for my chatroom session.  I check in to the chat room and wait to be directed to a personal chatroom.  What happens next exactly?  Is there a link to click on?

Thanks

Michael

Michael, your session starts about 40 minutes from now but you'll just show up in the chat room from the link at the top of the page here for "Chat rooms"

9 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Michael, your session starts about 40 minutes from now but you'll just show up in the chat room from the link at the top of the page here for "Chat rooms"

Actually it is tomorrow.  Guess I should have started with "Suppose it's time for my session"  Anyway how will I be directed to the new chatroom; a link?  an address to be typed in?  Sorry for the dumb questions but I want to avoid a mistake which will cause confusion.

Thanks

• WARRIOR

Oh ok! 

Still, you'll want to click on the tab at the top of the page that reads "Chat Rooms."  When you click on it, a pull down menu will open and you'll then want to select "Session Chatroom" which will take you to a different screen.  On that screen, you'll have a field to enter your name but make it is unique since some names are reserved and you can't use them.  You can try something like MichaelK and see if that is accepted .  If it is already reserved, it will simply revert back to MStudent which is still ok, too.  Press START and you're all set.  If Troy isn't there just yet, he should be shortly when it is your appointment time.

By the way, you can do this any time if you wish to see what it's like before your session.  In fact, we're doing a POF session today at 6pm eastern and there will be people there just for chit chat if you'd like to set it up and see what it's like.

OK thanks, Bobby.  I thought that I would be directed to leave the main chatroom for another secondary chatroom. I will check the 6pm session.

Maxim [memorial profile]

Troy does come in and tell you to press a tab which takes you to a different room.  The tab is at the top of the screen.

Edited by Maxim