Troy

TROY TURNS 50: The Live Video

Troy

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!

I cannot believe you guys pulled this off for me for my birthday. I have been so moved by all of the cards I have received and I don't even know where to begin or how to thank all of you for thinking of me. The messages have had me in tears. And the gift of Nintendo Switch was icing on the cake!! I can't believe you guys did this!! I am really at a loss for words, which is really rare for me. I love all of you so much. Thank you for breathing so much life into my next phase of life.

Special thanks to @DianeHB for everything, and also to @PPLD who pulled off the whole coordination of mailing me physical birthday cards!! That. WAS. AWESOME!! And thank you to everyone for all of your generosity, patience, kindness, and heart-melting letters in your cards. I wish I could hug every single one of you right now.

PS - I got sick on my birthday and then spent the next day completely wrecked and in pain with body aches, nausea, blazing headache, sleeping almost the entire day away. I woke up this morning at 4 am and feel much better, but still wonky.

If you missed it, the live feed from my little birthday moment is below. Facebook records in reverse, so excuse the weird mirror effect.

• LIKE/LOVE 24

Troy
Just now, PPLD said:

1f60d.png1f60d.png1f60d.png

Wait, I just remembered... it was YOU behind the cards??? I think that's what Diane said?

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • LOL 1

PPLD
1 minute ago, Troy said:

Wait, I just remembered... it was YOU behind the cards??? I think that's what Diane said?

It was.

Bloody hell, didn't know you could SEE the shit!!!

Will be crying the rest of my life about it (just so you know...) ?

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • LOL 5

Troy
3 minutes ago, PPLD said:

It was.

Bloody hell, didn't know you could SEE the shit!!!

Will be crying the rest of my life about it (just so you know...) ?

Wait, what do you mean?

• LIKE/LOVE 2

PPLD
Just now, Troy said:

Wait, what do you mean?

That you could see your name in the message subject when they were sent individually to me and not in the group e-mail. Dunno how it works. DianeHB mentioned it.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Troy
Just now, PPLD said:

That you could see your name in the message subject when they were sent individually to me and not in the group e-mail. Dunno how it works. DianeHB mentioned it.

Ohhhh that... no, I normally can't see any messaging, but some people miss that you have to click on a link in the email to reply to the message. You aren't supposed to reply to the email alert. Some people replied directly to the alert and that reply address is for admin of the site. So I get a copy. I'm so used to it that I just send a quick reply without reading the email since I don't want to read anything personal and I'm usually rushed anyway. But I happened to see my name as subject or something in the email reply and I only knew that something must be up. I didn't know what, and I didn't want to spoil it for myself. So it wasn't ruined for me at all! I had my suspicions but forgot about it a while back. Then I saw the cards start coming and put it all together. Cuz I'm smart like that. lol

So don't cry!! It was not only an amazing experience but even if I had known 100% about the idea in advance, nothing could have prepared me for the content of these cards. I'm still emotional about them. They were so kind and vulnerable and moving. 

• LIKE/LOVE 13

PPLD
5 hours ago, Troy said:

Then I saw the cards start coming and put it all together. Cuz I'm smart like that. lol

?

In the guideline to the card avalanche I wrote "And zip about it! The dude is kinda' intuitive! Careful!"

You deserve every loving word that came to you.

...And words are just symbols of symbols.... 

Woooohoooooooooo....... ?

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • LOL 3

NicholasV

Congratulations on turning 50!!!