Michael on Money?

Kasia

Question

I've been pondering this question for a while now, but haven't come up with any sufficient answers, so it's time to pose it to the rest of TLE:

Does anyone know if Michael has ever described money, as in, what it is, and what role it plays in the Universe (at least at this time)? 

I've looked this up on other new agey sites, and the corollary seems to be money = energy, but does it? I know we have a monetary system because we're still living Young Soul values, and it's become an easy metric to use to compete and compare, but what would money represent metaphysically. 

If any of this is obvious to you, please, please explain it to me like I'm 5. ?  For some reason, I can't wrap my head around money in Michael terms. 

EDIT: Thank you all for the answers. I wanted to update this with a little more information about what I meant regarding the metaphysics of money. Perhaps a better phrasing would be what does money symbolically represent in our world, and maybe in the Universe (do other Sentient beings use money?). I understand the history and function of money very well, but WHY did our Sentience choose this method of trade? Is this part of the Young Soul cycle? Did Cetaceans use a system similar to money during their Young Soul Age? I'm curious what lies beneath the surface meaning of money, at the very foundational level, and how it connects to our evolution on an Essence level.

If there's one thing I've learned since I began studying Michael and Seth, it's that everything is a microcosm of a macrocosm, and there are consistent patterns connecting everything. I just can't seem to find the place of money in these patterns...

Edited by Kasia
  • LIKE/LOVE 13

10 answers to this question

DianeHB

I have a handful of sessions where money is mentioned as a tangible resource or tangible form of energy, but nothing too comprehensive. The contexts for the definitions below could be interpreted as personal perspectives on money rather than Michael's perspective. As someone who works in finance and has a cadence theme of "management of energy", I really do see money as a kind of tangible energy, in the sense that it represents the energy you put into doing something in exchange for money. Or you could say that money is the symbolic representation of resources (whether labor or objects), or rather the usefulness of those resources to society. I don't think there's anything "spiritual" about it, or a role it plays in the universe other than the invention of human beings to facilitate trading. 

"[Money] is a tangible resource that can be mined."

http://our.truthloveenergy.com/blogs/entry/1913-priority-of-purpose/

"an energy that is a kind of life force"

http://our.truthloveenergy.com/blogs/entry/681-my-passion/

"a tangible form of energy"

http://our.truthloveenergy.com/blogs/entry/810-investing-update-work-probabilities/

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 10
  • THANK YOU! 2

This won't directly answer your question, but it's one of the most relevant articles in the Library I know of: Old Souls and Money.
Although I understand the Money = Energy idea. I give walking tours for a living, and the way I see it, there is no real distinction on a fundamental level between the calories I burn from all the walking/talking and the money I make from it. The calories become dollars, which become food, which turn into more calories to burn for more money.

Edited by Connor
  • LIKE/LOVE 9
Stickyflames

Hmm. I asked this today during my ritual coffee.

” How would life feel like absolutely wealthy?”

The only difference is “ Freedom to choose exactly what I WANT to choose” 

another word for that could be, Energy and how we are directing that.

Not having money feels like “ FUCK! I can’t do what I WANT to do...I have to do all this other fucking shit just to sustain myself”.

I think money is the tangible form / symbol of that freedom to direct our energy exactly where we want to. Parralel to that, I have noticed I feel the most wealthy and abundant in my life when I make time to do what it is I want to do! Or time to notice that all those tasks like work and chores to sustain myself is also directly in line with choosing more of what I want.

I am as rich as I am aware of how I am choosing what I want.

I am as rich as I am aware that I can make time for what I want.

I am as rich as I am aware that there is always SOME solution to the goal at hand, even if it is just asking for help from someone with actual money! Ha!

Edited by Stickyflames
  • LIKE/LOVE 9
DianeHB

@Stickyflames I think what you’re talking about is the concept of prosperity, which is not necessarily dependent on money, especially if you expand the concept of resources to relationships, creativity, trust, courage, and other less tangible energies. Older souls tend to value meaning, relationships, and experiences more than hoarding, power, and having “stuff”, which is why pursuit of money isn’t all that interesting to most of us. Otherwise we’d already be naturals at getting it considering how many times we’ve been here. We still live in a world that requires us to make money to survive, but it doesn’t have to be that way if we just learned to share what we already have. 

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 12
Stickyflames
1 hour ago, DianeHB said:

@Stickyflames I think what you’re talking about is the concept of prosperity, which is not necessarily dependent on money, especially if you expand the concept of resources to relationships, creativity, trust, courage, and other less tangible energies. Older souls tend to value meaning, relationships, and experiences more than hoarding, power, and having “stuff”, which is why pursuit of money isn’t all that interesting to most of us. Otherwise we’d already be naturals at getting it considering how many times we’ve been here. We still live in a world that requires us to make money to survive, but it doesn’t have to be that way if we just learned to share what we already have. 

Ok, my new definition of MONEY

:

digital numbers on a screen that increase or decrease depending how long i sit my ass on a chair and perform for people. 

If the numbers stay increased, they can be traded for food, and things I like.

If they decrease it translates into odd tasks like maintaining a relationship with a collections agent that wants your numbers and asking friends if they can offer you some of their numbers so you can have a home.

collecting these numbers is an artform that many seem to excell at.

Many are also greatly confused by this art and wonder why they aren’t as good at it.

Many have very real obstacles that impacts their ability to collect these numbers whatsoever. Many  Humans call these people BUMS and like to pretend these obstacles do not exist so that they can feel satisfied with their own collection of numbers.

Many religions devote their lifespans badmouthing these digital numbers ,as well as sex, while simultaneously begging for vast sums of these numbers and participating in the strangest sex you never heard of.

Edited by Stickyflames
  • LIKE/LOVE 2
  • LOL 7

Scholar answer alert! :P
I would agree with Diane that there's not really anything inherently spiritual/metaphysical about money. My definition would be that money is any metric used to provide a standardized measurement of the value (i.e. usefulness) of an object or labor. Like any other measurement, it's ultimately arbitrary. But it is quite useful for trading, because it provides and communicates a standard that is understood and transferable over a large group, cutting out a lot of the cumbersomeness and irregularity of systems like barter.

Currency, as a result, is just any physical representation of a monetary value. It can be made of a resource that presumably has that value (i.e. a metal coin with type and amount of metal corresponding to its value), or it can be something that simply represents that value (i.e. paper fiat money...the paper of a dollar bill may not actually be worth a dollar, but it represents the value of a dollar). Currency is useful in that it allows one to effectively hold a value to then trade for different things or at a later time. Rather than trading a chicken with someone who only has tomatoes to give, you get the value of the chicken in the form of currency, which you can then use trade for something else you might need more from somewhere else, or at a later time.

The reason I think money is equated to a form of energy is because it is a measurement of something subjective and intangible: value. As such, currency is then a physical representation of that energy (i.e. value).  Unfortunately, because it is a measurement of an intangible, subjective thing, money and currency are vulnerable to forces and manipulations that more physical measurements aren't. That's where it gets abused and gets its bad rep, but it's not inherently bad or useless, just flawed like so many tools and systems.

• LIKE/LOVE 9
  • ARTISAN

Monday Tuesday morning synchronicity! This is the first topic I landed on this morning, and it has made me think more seriously about the dream I had just before waking: someone had given me coins in payment for something and I was having trouble counting the coins because they were all unfamiliar sizes and denominations. I think I would have dismissed the dream out of hand had I not landed here first! 

Edited: Yes, I thought today was Monday. My internal clock is out of whack!

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • LOL 2

Thank you everyone! I updated my question with a bit more information, but I appreciate all your answers. They're definitely helping me formulate better questions, so if I do decide to ask Michael about this someday, I'll know exactly how to phrase it.

18 hours ago, Connor said:

This won't directly answer your question, but it's one of the most relevant articles in the Library I know of: Old Souls and Money.
Although I understand the Money = Energy idea. I give walking tours for a living, and the way I see it, there is no real distinction on a fundamental level between the calories I burn from all the walking/talking and the money I make from it. The calories become dollars, which become food, which turn into more calories to burn for more money.

Interesting! I know, somewhere in my notes, I've compared calories to money, so maybe I should explore this analogy a bit more. And the Old Souls and Money post is actually the reason I started wondering about this again (it's been on my mind, on and off, for years). It was in one of the January Links @Janet posted, and after reading it again, I was inspired...again. (Thanks Janet, already the links are proving useful!)

18 hours ago, DianeHB said:

I think this is the closest to what I'm looking for, but, yes, I see how those could be personal definitions rather than a Michael definition. In any case, thank you, Diane! This is adding another piece to the puzzle in my head. 

Also, thanks @Stickyflames and @Eric for your input. I never considered making money as an artform, but as soon as I read that sentence, something clicked. It seems that money representing Energy is a pretty consistent belief, as well. 

Everyone's point of view is incredibly valuable, and really helping me see this from all sides. If you have anything to add to the Edit above, I'd love to hear it! ?

• LIKE/LOVE 4
DianeHB
20 hours ago, Kasia said:

EDIT: Thank you all for the answers. I wanted to update this with a little more information about what I meant regarding the metaphysics of money. Perhaps a better phrasing would be what does money symbolically represent in our world, and maybe in the Universe (do other Sentient beings use money?). I understand the history and function of money very well, but WHY did our Sentience choose this method of trade? Is this part of the Young Soul cycle? Did Cetaceans use a system similar to money during their Young Soul Age? I'm curious what lies beneath the surface meaning of money, at the very foundational level, and how it connects to our evolution on an Essence level.

If there's one thing I've learned since I began studying Michael and Seth, it's that everything is a microcosm of a macrocosm, and there are consistent patterns connecting everything. I just can't seem to find the place of money in these patterns...

Let's explore a little further the concept of money as a symbol.

In the book Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harrari, he spent a lot of time exploring the origins of money. One of the main ideas in the book is how the innovation of collective fictions allowed human beings to relate to strangers and thereby cooperate on a much greater scale than small tribes where everyone knows each other. Collective fictions include laws, religions/ideologies, fictional entities (gods, countries, corporations), as well as currency/money. They are things that don't physically exist, but we agree that they do as a society to facilitate certain ways of living. We cooperate with someone we don't know because we work for the same company. We have camaraderie with someone because we root for the same sports team. We sometimes give someone money before getting products because we have a legal system in place that has consequences when they don't deliver. 

In that sense, I think of money as a human invention that may or may not be innovated by other species (most likely not for species that can't manipulate their environment). Money IS a symbol -- it is a symbol for available resources, and more accurately how much we value those resources. However, because it is an abstraction, it can and has been manipulated in ways that physical resources can't be, sometimes to the extent of being completely distorted beyond the origin of their value (e.g. trading options on debt swaps). Also the concept of money should be separated from the concept of credit -- i.e. giving someone money with the trust that it will be returned to you, plus more, in the future. Sapiens goes into a lot of detail about how the invention of credit allowed for an explosion of growth that has not stopped -- which to me would be more of a Young soul invention, whereas money on its own simply facilitates trading and makes resources more portable.

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 1
On 23/01/2018 at 1:50 PM, DianeHB said:

In the book Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harrari, he spent a lot of time exploring the origins of money. One of the main ideas in the book is how the innovation of collective fictions allowed human beings to relate to strangers and thereby cooperate on a much greater scale than small tribes where everyone knows each other. 

Great minds, Diane! My pondering also reminded me of Sapiens (one of the most insightful books I've ever read, all thanks to your posting about it before, so many thanks for that!). I love the way Harari presented this idea of collective fictions, and money absolutely is one of them. I think it's time for a reread, to see what new connections come up the second time around. ?

• LIKE/LOVE 3