Troy

FEEDBACK REQUEST: State of The Planet 2018

Troy

This Sunday is our Michael Speaks with the focus on The State of the Planet. I never know what Michael will emphasize or how they will organize it, but considering all that is going on in the world, I thought I'd ask you guys in advance about your most pressing concerns, questions, curiosities for 2018. 

I don't know if they will get covered in the chat, but I want to pose your questions to Michael before the session so they have a bank of questions directly from you to work with. If we just leave it to an open floor format we won't get much covered and it might go all over the place, so posing your questions in advance for me to give them might be useful! I don't know.

GUIDELINES

Please provide in your feedback two responses

ONE - one or more categories that interest you in terms of trends for 2018 (e.g. technology, world events, climate?)

AND/OR

TWO - up to 3 (clearly worded and succinct) questions you would like Michael to address

Thanks!

See you on Sunday!

Troy

• LIKE/LOVE 13
  • THANK YOU! 6

Nadine

I second what Bobby said!

Climate change/weather events, Infinite Soul and Trump would be my major interests, too...

Edited by Nadine
  • LIKE/LOVE 15

WolfAmethyst

What can those of us in "safer" & sparsely populated locations do to help support the transition from Young to Mature?
(Ie: living outside the USA & East Asia, and away from those areas most prone to earthquakes, hurricanes, deadly heatwaves and catastrophic crop failures).

• LIKE/LOVE 10
  • THANK YOU! 4

Timothy J Sullivan

Ditto on Bobby's Qs as most pressing.

On technology/science: Comments on progress/understanding of Energy itself (and Gravity) for applications to sustainable energy sources.    

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • THANK YOU! 1

Connor

Well, Bobby's already covered most of the main questions I'm interested in.
Something not yet mentioned which interests me is Garbage. Recently I learned about the Great Pacific Garbage patch, a massive gestalt of garbage and plastic waste floating in the Pacific Ocean right now, estimated in size to be anywhere between 700,000 (size of Texas) - 15,000,000 square kilometers. Determining its exact size is difficult because the patches of garbage are difficult to spot with the naked eye, and so much of the garbage floats under the surface of the water. This patch has been there for decades, and the plastic is breaking down into tiny particles which, with today's technology, are impossible to clean up. The broken down plastic-particles are eaten by plankton, eaten a second time by fish who eat the plankton, and then a third time by humans and other mammals who eat the fish.

Needless to say, our methods of waste management are unsustainable. The simple act of throwing something into my garbage can has become an ethical dilemma.

Question: Will there be any breakthroughs, or at least movement towards a breakthrough in terms of how we handle our garbage?

• LIKE/LOVE 15
  • THANK YOU! 4

Juni

1. Is the increased percentage in people becoming vegan having any sort of impact yet?
2. What is the likelihood of another recession or crash?

• LIKE/LOVE 14
  • THANK YOU! 4

PPLD

I second @WolfAmethyst about a perspective relating also outside of the American reality.

How can we in the parts of the world where Mature Paradigm is already in function contribute?

However directly impacting lives of the majority of members here, Trump and his presidency is a drop in the ocean. A big drop maybe, but definitely not the only one of importance.

So, no specific questions from me, but a global perspective to what is discussed would be very interesting.

Edited by PPLD
  • LIKE/LOVE 12
  • THANK YOU! 6

Uma

Are the five ISes locked in for 2020 Manifestation or is there still time to turn it around, perhaps with a big win for Democrats in 2018 taking back the House and the Senate and impeachment?

(I know @PPLD, the planet is more than the US, but right now this is affecting the planet)

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Crystal

@Bobby and @PPLD both have excellent questions. 

I would like to know the potentials for the status of women to increase worldwide, and for more women in power, in the wake of #MeToo, and what can (individuals and collectives) do to help manifest a more egalitarian balance of power.

• LIKE/LOVE 9
  • THANK YOU! 3

Ingun

What are the potentials or higher patterns evolving from #MeToo that we could bring more awareness to?

What do you perceive are the more short term and long term effects of this empowerment manifesting in the world?

Are there any interesting patterns evolving when looking at the global economy for 2018?

How do you perceive the truth, love and energy in the world today compared to 5 years ago and 5 years ahead?

I don't know if these are valid questions, but I'll share them anyway.

Edited by Ingun
  • LIKE/LOVE 9
  • THANK YOU! 1

petra
As Cadre 11 = Enlightenment ( teachers, light bringers, providing structures for perceiving reality) and as Entity 4, what new structure, what new light, as our teachers, known to us as Michael, can you provide to us, individually and globally, to be, do, to construct the year 2018 and the world we prefer to live in ?
  • LIKE/LOVE 3

Sam K

What role is China playing in the ongoing shift to a global Mature paradigm?  Is there any chance of substantial social reform in its near future?  I'd feel better if at least one of the two most powerful countries in the world got its act together, but we're not exactly going in a Mature direction yet, and they themselves are only freshly Young, if I remember correctly.

Oh, and in terms of general categories, I'm most interested in social and economic reform.

Edited by Sam K
  • LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU! 1

ckaricai

I have Trump related questions. The 2018 midterm elections are coming up. It’s possible that republicans could lose control of the House of Representstives. It’s possible that more women could gain seats. Given Mueller’s investigation, it’s possible that Trump could be ousted this year as well. What are probabilities for all these things? What are the probabilities for these events to impact the US’s standing in the world? What are the probabilities for these events to impact us socially? Would Trump’s potential departure cause a brief uptick in bias related violence?

I guess these questions could all be condensed into one question: How would a power shift in the US government in either the executive or legislative branch affect us socially, economically, and on the world stage; what would the probabilities be? 

• LIKE/LOVE 3

DianeHB
2 hours ago, ckaricai said:

I have Trump related questions. The 2018 midterm elections are coming up. It’s possible that republicans could lose control of the House of Representstives. It’s possible that more women could gain seats. Given Mueller’s investigation, it’s possible that Trump could be ousted this year as well. What are probabilities for all these things? What are the probabilities for these events to impact the US’s standing in the world? What are the probabilities for these events to impact us socially? Would Trump’s potential departure cause a brief uptick in bias related violence?

I guess these questions could all be condensed into one question: How would a power shift in the US government in either the executive or legislative branch affect us socially, economically, and on the world stage; what would the probabilities be? 

@ckaricai Have you read the recent Ask Michael? The probabilies of impeachment and conviction were covered. Uma also had a follow-up to that response. In general I would recommend going for a more specific question rather than being too broad, because they might not answer the questions you hoped they would answer. 

• LIKE/LOVE 3

KurtisM

Everyone pretty much covered what I'm interested in.

Especially the ones about updates on veganism in shaping the world- as that is my chosen global Cause.

I am also interested in knowing what the major contributors are in the world right now, that are facilitating our shift to a Resource-based Economy.

We can start broad at first, but I'm interested in knowing what industries could use more funding, support, circulation etc. And of what those movements are moving toward, as in their next steps. A little foresight.

And that would lead us into how we can better support those.

I know there are subtle choices we can make, like increasing our compassion- but I'm more interested in knowing physical directions right now.

I know the Ms said one of the things we can do to facilitate the shift is to master the art of communicating the ideals of Jacques Fresco's Venus Project in clear & succinct ways. I am working at this, albeit slowly.

All people have received it with a lot of distrust that it could never work because humans are too greedy and stuck in their ways.

That's ironically a self-fulfilling prophecy though, and I know it's just our karma of complacency reeling.

If we just take steps and commit to actually doing these plans that can better more than ourselves, we will move forward together.

It weirdly fits this year that I feel so much less habit to wax philosophical and throw out empty promises. 

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 6

ckaricai
3 hours ago, DianeHB said:

@ckaricai Have you read the recent Ask Michael? The probabilies of impeachment and conviction were covered. Uma also had a follow-up to that response. In general I would recommend going for a more specific question rather than being too broad, because they might not answer the questions you hoped they would answer. 

Thanks for the link Diane. My questions were answered. 

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Sam K
16 hours ago, KurtisM said:

Everyone pretty much covered what I'm interested in.

Especially the ones about updates on veganism in shaping the world- as that is my chosen global Cause.

I am also interested in knowing what the major contributors are in the world right now, that are facilitating our shift to a Resource-based Economy.

We can start broad at first, but I'm interested in knowing what industries could use more funding, support, circulation etc. And of what those movements are moving toward, as in their next steps. A little foresight.

And that would lead us into how we can better support those.

I know there are subtle choices we can make, like increasing our compassion- but I'm more interested in knowing physical directions right now.

I know the Ms said one of the things we can do to facilitate the shift is to master the art of communicating the ideals of Jacques Fresco's Venus Project in clear & succinct ways. I am working at this, albeit slowly.

All people have received it with a lot of distrust that it could never work because humans are too greedy and stuck in their ways.

That's ironically a self-fulfilling prophecy though, and I know it's just our karma of complacency reeling.

If we just take steps and commit to actually doing these plans that can better more than ourselves, we will move forward together.

It weirdly fits this year that I feel so much less habit to wax philosophical and throw out empty promises. 

I've taken up the promotion of Modern Monetary Theory as a stepping stone to getting people thinking in a Resource-based direction.  I think part of the reason people have so much trouble accepting a Resource-based Economy as feasible is because they drastically underestimate the capacity of even our current economic system.  People have trouble even accepting that the government has no real monetary restrictions that aren't self-imposed.  How much harder, then, to accept the idea that money itself isn't really necessary anymore?  I think if we can get people over that hump of thinking of the money available to society as a vault full of gold somewhere that needs to be conserved or hoarded lest it "run out," it'll open people's minds up to the possibilities beyond the current system, and things'll snowball relatively easily from there.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

KurtisM
5 minutes ago, Sam K said:

I've taken up the promotion of Modern Monetary Theory as a stepping stone to getting people thinking in a Resource-based direction.  I think part of the reason people have so much trouble accepting a Resource-based Economy as feasible is because they drastically underestimate the capacity of even our current economic system.  People have trouble even accepting that the government has no real monetary restrictions that aren't self-imposed.  How much harder, then, to accept the idea that money itself isn't really necessary anymore?  I think if we can get people over that hump of thinking of the money available to society as a vault full of gold somewhere that needs to be conserved or hoarded lest it "run out," it'll open people's minds up to the possibilities beyond the current system, and things'll snowball relatively easily from there.

I will look more into money theories when I feel inspired to later thanks Sam!

I admit my strong suit is not in knowing the actual financial hurdles in the way, but in inspiring people toward using technologies that can support the shift in local ways first.

Both are needed though, so I'd do well brushing up on how to get there through the system first.

As Uranus moves into Taurus soon, I suspect a financial collapse is imminent. So it's a good time to brush up on why and how money is valued+managed.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Sam K
6 minutes ago, KurtisM said:

I admit my strong suit is not in knowing the actual financial hurdles in the way, but in inspiring people toward using technologies that can support the shift in local ways first.

Both are needed though, so I'd do well brushing up on how to get there through the system first.

As Uranus moves into Taurus soon, I suspect a financial collapse is imminent. So it's a good time to brush up on why and how money is valued+managed.

Ah, I hadn't thought of Uranus moving into Taurus!  That actually makes me more optimistic; a collapse is coming, there's little doubt, but with Uranus behind it I'm confident it'll lead to the system being rebuilt into something better.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

KurtisM
3 minutes ago, Sam K said:

Ah, I hadn't thought of Uranus moving into Taurus!  That actually makes me more optimistic; a collapse is coming, there's little doubt, but with Uranus behind it I'm confident it'll lead to the system being rebuilt into something better.

With Pluto, Saturn and Jupiter in Capricorn trining Uranus in Taurus (with sweet Neptune in Pisces representing the Mature Soul Paradigm), it's pretty much going to be a completely different world by the mid 2020s.

May the Earth Force be with us!

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Eric

1) I've heard a few sources talk for a while now of inevitable world war/conflict (regardless of the heads of state), and there seem to be many indicators moving that way. So what are the scenarios surrounding such a war, and what are the likely scenarios where nuclear weapons are used (as I can't imagine a conflict without someone trying it). Also anything regarding population decline as they've mentioned in the past, as it may or may not be obliquely related to the above.

2) Like @Sam K, I'm also curious about the role China will play in the near future. From what I see, though, they are far from "getting their act together," even more so than us, and have been stirring up quite a bit of conflict in the area (South China Sea, Doklam Plateau, etc), not to mention their own internal rebellions. But they are a major power, and will be involved in the big events of the near future.

3) I second the query about garbage and future ecological sustainability posed by @Connor. I do have one bit of channeling on that regarding plastics: http://our.truthloveenergy.com/blogs/entry/125-pof-concerning-plastics/ , as well as one on fossil fuels that I realized I hadn't posted, and so I did now: http://our.truthloveenergy.com/blogs/entry/2130-michael-speaks-declining-fossil-fuels/.  But yes, an update on what the likely outcomes are in terms of sustainability and resource management would be cool.

4) And of course what's going on with the IS, and aliens, etc.

Edited by Eric
  • LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 1

Lila

2 rounds ago, back in the 19th C,  when Uranus was in Taurus, there were gold rushes in America and Australia. Now I have a hunch, that there will be a crypto currency-rush. Actually there is already a lot of buzz around bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. I could bet for some inventions where earth/soil is utilized. Hopefully it is not something that increases the carbon dioxide or smog-levels in the atmosphere.

I just joined the community and have not attended any sessions here. They'll probably be at night in my time zone and if being present is required, then I won't be there. I'll be happy with your questions.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

DianeHB
19 hours ago, KurtisM said:

Be sure to read Sapiens if you haven't already. It explains in detail the concept of collective fiction, the origins of money, as well as capitalism as a "religion". The book doesn't see past capitalism and the use of money, but it gives you a very comprehensive understanding of the collective fictions that make up our world. I think that Trump has shown how easy it can be to dismantle what we assumed were entrenched institutions.

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 2

Wendy

1.  Will there be US/global economic collapse in 2018 and how can we best prepare for that?

2.  Not sure I can put this into a succinct question but I am very interested in our food supply and protecting it from total corporate takeover with gmo's, factory farms etc.  I know this isn't as big of a problem in Europe but with dismantling of what little regulations there are in the US happening at a breakneck pace, I wonder if even if the dems take over this year we can save ourselves since they seem just as enamored of Monsanto, Dupont etc as the R's.

• LIKE/LOVE 2