KurtisM

Uranus in Taurus

KurtisM

I was thinking of posting this in the Astrology Club, but I think it makes more sense to make it a public topic.
For those of you that don't know, Astrology is an ancient art that specializes in reading the celestial bodies of our solar system and beyond to reveal patterns of synchronicity about what your soul/essence sought for you to explore yourself through- and between what happens on Earth & why those things might happen.
---
Modern Astrology and Horoscopes often just use your Sun Sign to convey who you are in this life.
But Astrology as a whole is about all of the bodies in our solar system and how they mathematically & musically come together to create the parts of us that become greater than the sum of the whole. Whether that whole be you, another, a country or our Earth.

Each Planet moves through 12 Signs based on where its coordinates are in the Sky.
When you receive a Natal Chart, it shows you where the Sun, Moon and all the other planets in Astrology were at the moment of your birth. These co-ordinates can then be interpreted to reveal the potential of your life.
However, once you're born, the planets keep moving through the sky, and over the course of our lives they continue moving through the signs, helping to show you what evolution may come at different stages of your life based on where the planets are then.

The planet URANUS is a very slow one. It revolves around the Sun in 84 Earth Years, so it takes roughly 7 Years to move through each sign of the Western Zodiac (Aries, Taurus, Gemini etc.) Because it's one of the planets that moves so slowly, it helps to define/influence a large window of time.
---
Uranus in Astrology is a planet that represents eccentricity, shock/surprise, disruption, revolution, truth and power. It reflects how it was found- as a planet discovered beyond Saturn, beyond the naked eye, beyond what was considered to be the limit of the measurable universe in ancient times.
So it's about surprising truths that come out of nowhere.
As Uranus moves through each Sign, it disrupts, shocks, shakes-up, revolutionizes and empowers/disempowers the qualities of that sign.

Uranus is currently in ARIES, and has been since 2011. Different people will interpret Uranus being in Aries as meaning various things.
But in general you can say it shakes-up what Aries represents. Aries is about EMERGENCE, EMERGENCY, INDEPENDENCE, SELF, SELFISHNESS, SELF-ASSERTION, SELF-DISCOVERY, INDIVIDUALITY, SPARK, FIRE, BIRTH, LIFE, PIONEERING SPIRIT, ADVENTURE, IMPULSE etc.
I think you get the kind of energy that Aries is. Uranus in Aries will tend to bring shocking new truths about the above that empower/disempower the individualism of everyone alive. You can probably see how this may have occurred for you.

On May 15 2018, Uranus moves out of Aries and into TAURUS.
Taurus represents PRESENCE, ESTABLISHMENT, STRUCTURE, FORM, BODY, VALUES, RESOURCES, SURVIVAL, SELF-VALUE, SENSUALITY, NATURE, MOTHER EARTH, RIGIDITY, POSSESSION, POSSESSIVENESS, TANGIBILITY, MATERIAL, PATIENCE, ABUNDANCE, FERTILITY etc.
Taurus is like the child that has been born and is now attaching itself to things of the physical world.
As Uranus moves into Taurus soon, all of these qualities will be shocked awake in ways that are empowering or disempowering. And because Uranus is an influence on whole cohorts of people, these will be about disruptions in all of the values+resources that have fundamentally established our world.
This includes food, water, clothing, physical security, housing, shelter, money, the 5 Senses etc.
---
If you look at the larger patterns of the world you will see that there are many factors leading to turning points in all of the above.
We have LAB-BASED MEAT & the RISE OF VEGANISM.
We have the severe droughts and floods in the world that are rendering the basic necessities of life inaccessible. Look at the WATER CRISIS in Flint; Michigan- Cape Town; South Africa & the Lands of the First Nations for example.
We have the looming FINANCIAL and perhaps ECONOMIC COLLAPSE. As well as the RISE OF CRYPTOCURRENCY.

We have the FALL OF CAPITALISM, and the 1% sneakily or overtly working against its demolishment.
We have the need for a RESOURCE-BASED ECONOMY rising in prominence.
We have VIRTUAL REALITY transforming the basic way we interact with the world through our 5 Senses.
We have the glaring and growing divide between the RICH AND POOR, or the TOP AND BOTTOM CLASSES.
We have the discussions and plans that must be put into place to reduce or reverse the EFFECTS OF HUMAN-INDUCED CLIMATE CHANGE on the whole planet.

So I wanted to make this article so we can discuss how Uranus in Aries has affected us, and of the changes and truths to come as we move into Uranus in Taurus.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 11
  • THANK YOU! 1

KurtisM

Other notes I've thought about:

Uranus in Astrology is a masculine energy. While Taurus is a feminine sign (the fertile valley of the Earth is the picture that comes to mind).
Therefore I'm fairly certain that when Uranus moves into Taurus, the power of FEMINISM, FEMALE POWER and our innate CREATIVE POWER will be ever-more glaring as a fundamental truth to serve the fundamental basis of our next civilization cycle.

Uranus moves into Taurus on exactly May 15th, which is SMACK DAB in the middle of the seasonal emphasis in 2018 on the MODE.
The Mode this year is POWER.
I'm pretty sure on the exact date of May 15th something dramatically shocking will happen in the domain of what Taurus influences. Whether this be something financial or not. Perhaps even an earthquake of sorts, as that represents Taurus(Earth) and Uranus(Surprise).

The video that brought me to create this topic was one by Astrolada with Heather.
They brought up a lot of amazing points in their video on Uranus in Taurus, but take what you will out of it as their discussion could seem a bit too kooky and alarmist. I'll post it here just to enhance this forum topic.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 6

Sam K

Indeed, if I had to put it in one sentence, I would say that Uranus in Aries has caused us to THINK differently, while Uranus in Taurus will cause us to DO differently.

While I'd say I've been "awake" to my existence as Essence to some degree since at least 2005, 2011 is when things really started moving forward for me in terms of self-discovery, exploration, and adventure.  I studied abroad in 2012-2013, which had all sorts of effects on my life both externally and internally.  It was also around this time that I began to really pay close attention to politics in the U.S.  I had a vague sense before this that things were dysfunctional, that our supposed representatives were untrustworthy, but I didn't understand the issues well enough to have very many solid opinions, and I knew it, so I stayed on the sidelines.  This rapidly changed starting around the time I got back from Japan, so that by about the start of the 2016 election cycle I was much more active, much more opinionated, and much more secure in my understanding of the issues themselves.  I consider this latter process to still be ongoing, if winding down.

And of course, the end of 2016 is when I became consciously aware of Michael again and joined TLE.

EDIT: Hey, Astrolada!  I'm not a regular viewer or anything, but I'm certainly aware of her.

Edited by Sam K
  • LIKE/LOVE 7

Ingun

Life comes and goes in cycles and I keep seeing the patterns, topics or themes of the 1970s rising. Though we/the world has evolved since then and we are on a different level today - I think we are now returning to some themes for more depth, more knowledge, understanding, evolution and change - which will take us to another level of consciousness that is waiting to be revealed in all of us both personally and globally.

It's like exploring higher patterns of possibilities, or higher potency of remedies (an analogy to homeopathy), and owning a higher potential or level of the truth, love and energy personally, globally and universally. I'm very excited about the times we're in and a part of me loves what is coming no matter what.

Edited by Ingun
  • LIKE/LOVE 9

KurtisM
7 hours ago, Ingun said:

Life comes and goes in cycles and I keep seeing the patterns, topics or themes of the 1970s rising. Though we/the world has evolved since then and we are on a different level today - I think we are now returning to some themes for more depth, more knowledge, understanding, evolution and change - which will take us to another level of consciousness that is waiting to be revealed in all of us both personally and globally.

It's like exploring higher patterns of possibilities, or higher potency of remedies (an analogy to homeopathy), and owning a higher potential or level of the truth, love and energy personally, globally and universally. I'm very excited about the times we're in and a part of me loves what is coming no matter what.

Uranus was in Libra and Scorpio then, halfway back through the zodiac.

Those signs are opposite Aries and Taurus, so I'm fairly certain this Uranus Transit will mirror then but on a much more personal level or octave.

Whereas Libra is about Relating to Others, Aries is about Relating to Self.

Whereas Scorpio is about Intimate Transformations, Taurus is about Present Establishments.

Uranus is about exactly halfway around the Sun from where it was in 1974-75.

Last time Uranus was where it is now was in 1934-35. Which is right around the time we hit the mass turning point of WW2.

Heh, Karma of Complacency rearing its Uranian Head.

And absolutely! It's fun to see and love it all.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Sam K

4 hours ago, KurtisM said:

Last time Uranus was where it is now was in 1934-35. Which is right around the time we hit the mass turning point of WW2.

Heh, Karma of Complacency rearing its Uranian Head.

Yes, and the period before that was the build-up to the Civil War and the outbreak of the Taiping Rebellion.  I don't think there's a reason that Uranus in Taurus NEEDS to involve a big war, and plenty of big wars have happened at other astrological points, but challenges to the societal status quo do tend to ratchet up tensions in such a way that people may feel the need to take up arms against each other.

Edited by Sam K
  • LIKE/LOVE 4

KurtisM
23 minutes ago, Sam K said:

Yes, and the period before that was the build-up to the Civil War and the outbreak of the Taiping Rebellion.  I don't think there's a reason that Uranus in Taurus NEEDS to involve a big war, and plenty of big wars have happened at other astrological points, but challenges to the societal status quo do tend to ratchet up tensions in such a way that people may feel the need to take up arms against each other.

I brought it up because it coincides synchronistically with the karma The Ms say humanity is facing right now.
I don't think any sign or transit is necessarily associated with war. But perhaps some are more conflicting than others
Uranian Wars would seem to be about POWER though. But in a Mature Soul Age that war for power can be much more accommodating and progressive if leaning to the positive poles, I'd think.
If that were so I'd call it less of a war, and more of a disruption, conflict or social revolution though.

We always have to remember we have CHOICE, that's our biggest pivotal factor.
The planets help to streamline, direct and highlight those choices, but they don't make them.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 4

Sam K
4 hours ago, KurtisM said:

I brought it up because it coincides synchronistically with the karma The Ms say humanity is facing right now.
I don't think any sign or transit is necessarily associated with war. But perhaps some are more conflicting than others
Uranian Wars would seem to be about POWER though. But in a Mature Soul Age that war for power can be much more accommodating and progressive if leaning to the positive poles, I'd think.
If that were so I'd call it less of a war, and more of a disruption, conflict or social revolution though.

We always have to remember we have CHOICE, that's our biggest pivotal factor.
The planets help to streamline, direct and highlight those choices, but they don't make them.

Indeed.  I was mentally responding with my previous post to a comment in another thread... in which case I probably should've put it over there.  Oh well!  😅

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Heidi

Might also be worth noting that May is the start of the Platform year for Essence. Interesting times ahead!

• LIKE/LOVE 6

KurtisM

Lol  @Bobby XD

It's almost there! Give it another 2 hours, At 8:16 AM PST it'll officially enter Taurus (until November 6, where it will retrograde back into Aries one last time.)

Then the real fun begins >:)

We'd better strap in tight, because none of us will get out of this transit without significant changes to the most fixed/permanent parts of our lives.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 3

Heidi
6 hours ago, KurtisM said:

Lol  @Bobby XD

It's almost there! Give it another 2 hours, At 8:16 AM PST it'll officially enter Taurus (until November 6, where it will retrograde back into Aries one last time.)

Then the real fun begins >:)

We'd better strap in tight, because none of us will get out of this transit without significant changes to the most fixed/permanent parts of our lives.

Today, Uranus makes an exact opposition to my Jupiter/Moon conjunction on the IC. Then in November, transiting Jupiter will conjunct my Natal Uranus in the 4th house.

My family and I are hoping to move to a new home soon depending on finances. I hope these transits will be helpful and not the other way around!

• LIKE/LOVE 5

KurtisM

@Heidi

Here's my interpretation of that:

Jupiter represents our need to Expand & Luna represents our need to Express who we are deep down. (According to the Ms)

Since these are in conjunction, it likely means when you Expand you feel like you're letting a part of you that's often hidden or unknown, to show itself and be nurtured.

The you beneath the surface deeply wants and thrives on expansion to feel inspired.

-

I assume this combo is at 0 degrees Scorpio, which means the Expansion and Expression you seek must be something deep & intense. Especially being this is a conjunction, where the energies blend.

Scorpio is about your desire to share intimacy as a way to grow and evolve your soul. (As Scorpio is synonymous with the 8th House that brings this same focus.)

This can be physical, psychological, spiritual etc.

Uranus in opposition creates tension to these strong needs.

I often view Oppositions as feeling like the planet on the other side of where you're focusing seems completely outside yourself- like it's coming from anyone/thing but you.

-

So if you're focusing on the powerful awakenings and revolutions of Uranus that are shaking up your material/psychological foundation- then it can seem that the Moon/Jupiter combo that wants to Expand and nurture your Expression through a strong Soul Purpose is beyond your control.

And vice versa if you're focusing more on the Moon/Jupiter combo than Uranus.

The key with an opposition is to release yourself from the strain caused by the two parts feeling separate, and balance them using objective negotiation.

In the +pole, I view a healthy opposition as being like a see saw motion.

The houses the planets are in will reveal where this seesawing is taking place.

Which for you is between the 4th and 10th Houses. Which is the reconciliation between Privacy and Publicity, Belonging and Contributing, Family and Society, the things you believe & the things others believe etc.

The signs of Taurus and Scorpio will reveal how that's taking place.

Taurus is about formation, and Scorpio is about transformation. You can also view it as cultivation (using all the resources to create a thing) and withering (assimilating all the resources to recreate a thing).

Taurus is about Surviving through Life, while Scorpio is about Spiralling through Life.

Taurus is about Personality's relationship to the Body, while Scorpio is about Personality's relationship to Essence.

Now onto Transiting Jupiter:

This one's easier to see.

Jupiter expands wherever it touches. When it touches Uranus every 12 years, it expands your sense of Awakening to Absolute Truth in ways that can feel utterly destabilizing or utterly exciting.

Since this is in the 4th House, this espansion is about your immediate family, roots, sense of belonging, safe spaces etc.

Either you'll magnify in November that what you thought defined these things is no longer working or true anymore- as you'll awaken to new things that are.

Or you'll see that those definitions of safety, nurturing, family etc. are working, and this will empower you to continue improving them.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 2

Heidi

@KurtisM, I love you. 

Thank you for such a detailed response. You really know your stuff (N Jupiter and Moon are both in 1 degree Scorpio, so very close!). I really like the seesaw visual you gave me with regards to oppositions.  I won't bore with the details, but I can personally relate to everything you said there.

I will be keeping what you wrote handy, as it seems there could be some rough waters to traverse and I'll likely need to demonstrate prudence.

Here's to hoping November brings some kind of breakthrough (???). The last time Jupiter was conjunct my natal Uranus (on the day), I was proposed to by the "man of my dreams." It definitely fit the shock and surprise a transit like that is known to bring. We'll see, I guess.

Thanks again. 

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 1