Bobby

MMW - February 17, 2018 - Your Primary Guiding Emotion

Luciana Flora
37 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Luciana - yes, Fear can bring about paralysis until you experience Fear as information and not as accusation. Your Fear is protecting you by keeping you from taking action. You are prone to overthinking and would likely take rash or reactionary actions if you did not embrace the process of Fear. Fear is pointing out the uncertainty and unknown, not as a way to corner you, but as a way to help you shape and sustain your own boundaries on your own terms.

Sit in your paralysis. Let it center you. Let it be where you are. Let yourself be right there in the middle of it and as you do this, you may begin to transform paralysis into centeredness.  

I am pleased to have participated in this workshop mainly because of this response.

I found it interesting the primary emotion of the warrior to be fear. Because when I read that the warrior protects and fights for a cusa it never seemed to me to be afraid. and I do not think I've ever done these things because of fear.

In the POF that I will participate in the second one I would talk about exactly that. but with this new information I will have to rephrase the question.

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Stickyflames

Hmmm, i thought the last michael workshop on emotions, i think titled “ you and your emotions” made it clear that fear was NOT an emotion, but like love...was a force that either trapped the emotions in the negative pole or allowed for the positive pole. I will have to read that transcript again.

For me, I knew my guiding and expressive emotions were anger right away. For both.

I used to express anger in very outward and obvious ways.

This was a disaster for every realm of my life.

As I became more spiritual and transcended ( in the most assholery use of the terms), I would only express my anger in my perspective of life , which I would share to others without considering they were listening to my complaints...but rarely would I express it TO others. In my attempt to be at peace with life and accept it for what it is, I am 100 percent certain that is when my anger transformed into severe depression. Calm outside, dead inside. Too helpless to move. Thinking transcending desire was the only way to happiness.

Now at thirty I am coming to terms with my anger in ways I have not expeienced before. I am an angry man. I am angry at a lot of fucking circumstances in my life. I want to scream into pillows or into the air every other day.

As viscious and firey this admission and allowance of my anger is recently, it finally feels on its way to health. Now I am ANGRY at the state of my life. I think anger is the sister to solution. That deep and loud NO THANK YOU! I DON’T FUCKING WANT THIS!! .....I want THIS instead, now how can I move towards THIS and allow room for a lot of screaming into pillows along the way?

Basically, I think embracing ones anger coincides with embracing the fact that we want things. We desire things. That it is ok to want things.

when desire is allowed, creativity finally gets to breathe. 

• LIKE/LOVE 12
  • THANK YOU! 2

Stickyflames

This also makes me laugh thinking about my last roommate. He was always sad. Obviously a server. His whole life was rooted in service. I was always an angry artisan. I do not understand the emotion of sadness that well. I obviously experience it and cry and allow it to breathe when it is around...but I just do not understand why anyone would live in it. It seemed alien to me.  I guess he could not understand why I would live in anger/ helplessness. 

Most of our disagreements would be rooted in his feelings being hurt when I would affirm a hard  NO formed from my anger of having to put up with something i deemed unwanted. Followed by me not understanding why ones feelings would be hurt and oncoming confusion of having to navigate this....constant...sadness. His ongoing confusion of having to navigate my spiky boundaries.

I also noticed how me and scott would constantly clash over our emotions. He would be locked in SURPRISE most of the time which my heated anger would translate into severe annoyance over listening to the shock and awe ( “ could you believe this happened!?) of an outcome that was obvious a million miles away and even openly expressed obviousness before the fact!

I look at these 7 emotions and see that we are still, as a society, so ashamed of at least 4 of them. People who exude only happiness, sadness, surprise are seen as “ put together and sane and empathetic” even if their life is total chaos. People who exude anger, contempt, fear are seen as having lots of work to go, negative, unpleasant, off putting.  In reality , I think these emotions are only off putting because of the shame attached to them. I find a few of these emotions off putting as well and recognize my own prejeduce towards them. 

Edited by Stickyflames
  • LIKE/LOVE 9

Stickyflames

“Those SEVEN BASIC EMOTIONS are:

TRUST, DISGUST, ANTICIPATION, SADNESS, JOY, ANGER, SURPRISE.

Trust is of the Instinctive Part.

Anticipation is of the Higher Emotional Part.
Joy is of the Higher Intellectual Part.
Surprise is of the Higher Moving Part.
Disgust is of the Emotional Part.
Sadness is of the Intellectual Part.
Anger is of the Moving Part.

FEAR is not an Emotion, technically, anymore than Truth is or Love or Energy, in any technical sense.

Many "emotions" that are referenced by other terms are combinations of the above, either in negative or in positive pole combinations.”

—quoted from the last emotion transcript.

Differences. I suppose trust and fear are an exploration of similar feelings, I wonder what contempt translated from.

• LIKE/LOVE 14
  • THANK YOU! 1

AnnaD

@Stickyflames, yes, like you, I have offended many people in my life with my primary emotion, mine being disgust, anger and surprise. I get shit done with disgust and anger, mainly disgust, (I have secondary Priest casting), but I love surprise. But I HATE unexpected surprises. The bitch in me is unleashed when that shit drops. It has to be a control freak thing of scholars, or more specifically lol me, that I express apoplexy and horror!! when required to adapt. I have become better but I am a control freak, I like my ducks in a row, my dominoes in a row, my surprises unsurprising. I operate from damage control of a few kilometres out, of the worst case scenario and plan back from there...

This is such a juicy session. Brilliant. Thanks everyone and Troy.

Also, all the emotions are such catalysts for transformation! That is the bit that I like the most. Going from helplessness, to anger!!!

Disgust to fixing things to get things better!

Sadness to compassion/empathy!!!

Fear to ?love? dunno dunno courage!!!!

This is so empowering and transforming. And motivating. I wish this session went for longer..

Edited by AnnaD
reasons
  • LIKE/LOVE 7

KurtisM

I relate to your point on the 7 Emotions, @Stickyflames. The Ms did say there are tiers of emotions though, so perhaps the above are just the way those 7 Primary Emotions are being expressed in modern society?
I'll try to make some correlations here, but this is just my theoretical idea:
Servers are inspired/challenged by Sadness, but express Disgust.
Artisans are inspired/challenged by Anger, but express Sadness.
Warriors are inspired/challenged by Fear, but express Anger.
Scholars are inspired/challenged by Surprise, but express Trust.
Sages are inspired/challenged by Contempt, but express Joy.
Priests are inspired/challenged by Disgust, but express Anticipation.
Kings are inspired/challenged by Happiness, but express Surprise.

I find more resonance to the 7 Emotions described above as being 7 FEELINGS triggered by the 7 Emotions in the other session. But that's just me.

Personally, it took some time for me to figure out my Guiding Emotion.
I thought about it in terms of how others saw me & thought ANGER fit well. I do often feel depression and anger, and have struggled with helplessness. Seeing that helplessness has inspired me to create is spot on though.

My destructive urges always push me to bring more structure+reconstruction to my life. So funny how it works.

When thinking of myself through others eyes, I also thought I looked FEARFUL- due to how much uncertainty and stubbornness I've had.

But I also definitely relate to SURPRISE, and having expectations that are promptly and suddenly disrupted by new information. I don't resonate with it as a guiding emotion through, it's more a periodical emotion.

From this session, the most helpful bit for me is how we can bridge the divide between our inner reaction/response & our outer expression. Knowing that both worlds are important and valid is helpful for a start.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 5

Sam K

My guiding emotion is Fear, and my expressed emotion is Surprise.  An interesting inversion, given that my Role is Scholar and my Casting is Warrior.  I'm beginning to think I'm even more strongly influenced by my Casting than normal; I wonder why...

I will say that as of late, I've been very intentionally tapping into the Kingly sort of Happiness as motivation for my personal mission of helping fix my country.  I've decided not to be happy until the country as a whole is "happy."  It's part of the reason I didn't end up moving to Japan.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Stickyflames

Ahhhh i can not express how much I love this session! I know this is my third reply to it ! This really helps me own my own experiences. When i am arround really big personalities with scholar influences...who have been channeled scholar in my life, with scholarly overleaves...I can be hard on myself when I do not match the same “ awe! Wow! No way!? This is happening!? What!?” 

The voices in my head are often “ Why am I so jaded? Why don’t I find any of what they are talking about that surprising and wow worthy?” I usually found their subjects of awe very ordinary and the “ surprise” emphasize just felt overly dramatic.  It becomes clearer and clearer to me that in those moments where I am judging my perspective on life as being less evolved, maybe I am just simply being me. It might look jaded but it is just as valid.

Edited by Stickyflames
  • LIKE/LOVE 8

Uma
1 hour ago, Sam K said:

I've decided not to be happy until the country as a whole is "happy."

It would happen a lot faster if you decided to be happy and put your energy on that side of the equation instead, Sam.

Your choice of course.

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Sam K
13 minutes ago, Uma said:

It would happen a lot faster if you decided to be happy and put your energy on that side of the equation instead, Sam.

Your choice of course.

To clarify: by not being "happy," I really mean not being satisfied.  Not settling for band-aids or half-measures, in other words.  I don't mean to suggest I've resolved to sitting around feeling unhappy for however long my goal takes.  That would definitely be counterproductive.

I'll admit, though, it's a fine line sometimes, especially since there's only so much I can do to directly influence matters.

Edited by Sam K
  • LIKE/LOVE 7

DianeHB

I thought my guiding emotions were anger and contempt, but I laughed out loud reading about Kings and Happiness because it's so true. The distinction between a guiding emotion and the emotions we express most often is helpful. I see a guiding emotion as an emotion that inspires a direction, and that would definitely be true of Happiness for me. Happiness as an emotion is fairly elusive for me. If something is "not right", then it is all "not right", and my focus is all on working on the aspect of my life that's not right. On one hand, it guides me to work on the part of life that needs the most work, on the other hand, I need to learn to enjoy my life even when everything is not exactly right.

Sadness also makes a lot of sense for me as a guiding emotion. I do feel people's needs and the distance between those needs and their fulfillment. I also get really sad when people I love become distanced from me for whatever reason. I avoided feeling that deeply for a long time, but now it seems to me that intimacy and sadness go hand in hand. It is a guiding emotion for me because the sadness leads me to volunteer, to vote, to contribute where I can, to reach out to people, and to take better care of them than I did before.  

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 15
  • THANK YOU! 1

Uma

That's why a person learns to make themselves happy first @Sam K Then you can do more for others and the world. Every drop counts. I did misunderstand your words to some degree, so thank you for clarifying. 

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Eric

Hmmm. Interesting. I'll have to think on this a bit. The ones that pop out the most are Fear, Surprise, Happiness, and Sadness. Surprise and Sadness would be my Role and Casting respectively, and I can definitely see those being present. I would even say those are probably the two I am the most "comfortable" around, though I don't know that I would call them the primary ones (though surprise might be an expression one).

Fear seems to be the most prominent, at least recently. And I would venture to say that, if I were to think how others might see it, my expression might lean more toward Happiness. It's interesting as these are the Action emotions, and Action influences are something that my essence has historically tended to sidestep in terms of Overleaves, but then brought into lives through other means.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Faye

My impression of this session was that Michael was saying. If there were no interfering factors in the life then Role = Primary Guiding Emotion and Casting = Primary Expressed Emotion.

Anyway. That was the way it worked out for me. I originally thought I had Anger as the Primary Guiding Emotion and Happiness as my Primary Expressed Emotion. During the descriptions and when Michael asked to look at the Role/Casting in this regard. I realized that the Anger I usually feel is a feeling brought out by Disgust. Anger when I feel helpless trying to fix things that are wrong that I could fix, but because of bureaucracy(insanity) I cannot fix without getting in trouble. But Disgust is the causal emotion and the Anger is a feeling. I also originally thought the Disgust was my Primary Guiding Emotion, but realized the the Primary Guiding Emotion is most often expressed internally and serves as an internal guide. While the Primary Expressed Emotion is all about external expression and serves as an external guide. Disgust is the emotion I express quite often in interactions with the world around me and guides me in my daily interactions. The Primary Guiding Emotion, on the other hand, was more subtle. I saw aspects of all of the emotions, but one kept giving me pause. That one was Surprise. I thought about the times when I did something for myself that had no interaction with anyone else and looked at why I did those things. I can back with the answer of; I did them because I wanted to find the unexpected. I wanted to be surprised. Surprise, I find, guides my life as a whole. I do not express it very often, but I realized I look for it everywhere. I can see the correlations that could be drawn between the function of the Role/Casting and the Primary Guiding Emotion/Primary Expressed Emotion.

As for @Stickyflames's paradox and @KurtisM's theory. I had a thought along a similar vein. Comparing and contrasting both of this session the other emotions session. The session today had the feeling of being a cause or precursor to the other session's effect. From that sense and this quote, "All Emotions originate from the Emotional Center. These are then distributed, or processed, through the Parts of that Center, which funnels the energy into the other Centers relative to the Part. So, for example, if an Emotion is a Moving Part Emotion, it still originates from the Emotional Center, is processed by the Moving Part, and directed toward the Moving Center then." I came to think that the emotions described in the this session where a sort of pure stored form of Emotional energy. While the emotions described in the other session are the inspired form of the "pure" emotions. From the quote above I put together this sample; In the Emotional Center, the pure energy of Surprise is processed through the Instinctive Part, the curious part, and that energy moves to the Instinctive Center as Trust. I tend to think we feel both of the emotions, but at different times and for different reasons. Below I have put together information from both sessions to provide an idea of what I am talking about. 

When Sadness inspires empathy, Disgust occurs. In the negative as Caustic/Loathsome or the positive as Humorous/Preference. Related to the Emotional Part and the Role of Server.

When Disgust inspires change, Anticipation occurs. In the negative as Agitation/Disdain or the positive as Enthusiasm/Consideration. Related to the Higher Emotional Part and the Role of Priest.

When Anger inspires creation, Sadness occurs. In the negative as Pathetic/Self-Pity or the positive as Grief/Honesty. Related to the Intellectual Part and the Role of Artisan.

When Contempt inspires refinement, Joy occurs. In the negative as Obnoxious/Self-Indulgent or the positive as Inclusive/Inviting. Related to the Higher Intellectual Part and the Role of Sage.

When Fear inspires protection, Anger occurs. In the negative as Depression/Blame or the positive as Motivation/Purpose. Related to the Moving Part and the Role of Warrior.

When Happiness inspires fulfillment, Surprise occurs. In the negative as Resistance/Disregard or the positive as Adaptive/Playful. Related to the Higher Moving Part and the Role of King.

When Surprise inspires curiosity, Trust occurs. In the negative as Foolish/Distrust or the positive as Confidence/Awareness. Related to the Instinctive Part and the Role of Scholar.

I do not know if my thoughts will pan out when Michael provides clarification. We will have to see. For now, I can see the beauty in it.

• LIKE/LOVE 12
  • THANK YOU! 2

Wendy

I have to say this workshop left me with a big "huh?".  I do not know what to make of this information or how it will help me.  Guess I'll do the homework and see what comes up for me.

16 hours ago, Bobby said:

Warriors can have such a close relationship with Fear that it baffles them when others let it dictate their choices and actions.  

I can relate to this part somewhat.  When I was younger I had a very fearless persona and took pride in not making decisions due to fear, but now that I'm lots older I can see how many choices I made out of fear, and they ended up mostly being very poor choices.  I do try now to see FEAR as information but I do have to really try, and it's always nipping at my heels, if I'm honest about it.

Disgust reflects what one most seeks to repair, fix, or change about something, or the self or others.  

Priests are keen at using Disgust as a Primary Emotion because they are willing to see themselves reflected in the ugliness of life and others. 

They are willing to take this on. 

It can be easy to forget that Disgust is a reflection of the self and its own blind spots and wounding and defenses. 

Disgust is often tied to being indignant and righteous, which are defenses against the inspirational depths that Disgust can bring if examined carefully.

I can see this operating in my life a bit more.  As I mentioned in the workshop, seeing what can be fixed or made better is often automatic for me, and I have had to really temper this in my life because often that information is most unwelcome.  What I'm most curious to explore is dropping the righteous indignation that is so so easy to fall into, and find the inspiration beneath.  Becasue if there's anything I'd say I need, it's inspiration.

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Uma

Fear reflects the unknown, the uncertain, and this may or may not require protection, direction, or correction. The Warrior knows that Fear is information and in the same way that one can fear a spider or be fascinated, it is not the spider that causes the fear, it is the uncertainty.  

When I think about fear as a reflection of uncertainty, it makes much more sense to me. I have always felt that fear and thought it was something I had to get rid of through spiritual practice and understanding. Now I recognize, because of Michael, that that fear will always be there and as they told me when I said I could never 'completely relax,' I should embrace that vigilance because it is who I am. It doesn't change anything external, but knowing that makes Self-acceptance not only easier, but possible. 

It is not a "bad thing" to express Disgust as a Primary Emotion to others. This is your effort to inspire reconsideration and change. It is not a bad thing to be guided by Fear because this is how you learn how to recognize legitimate threats. Etc. 

Although Michael did not respond to me individually, much of what he said to Luciana re Fear also applies to me (and to other Warriors as well, I think), especially about transforming paralysis into centeredness. I was thinking about how I sometimes do not have a response to something in the moment, but later think of all the things I could have said. That's exactly what happens: I'm 'paralyzed' by fear in the moment and cannot respond, but after sitting in that state, contemplating it, I can choose how to respond. 

But the biggest understanding is that Fear is not something that I have to 'get rid of'. I just have to learn how to see it and use it as information. That's a biggie for me.

• LIKE/LOVE 11

Christian
19 hours ago, Bobby said:

Sadness is important and vital for the development of empathy and compassion. 

Sadness is not the same thing as Depression or Grief. 

Sadness is a choice. Depression and Grief are not. 

As someone with depression, you have no idea how much this helps. 

I find this interesting.   The warrior I totaly get.   Fear is always there and has been.  I have learned to look for the reason behind it more as I have aged and with help from this teaching. 

As I was reading,  and they asked how do you see role and casting aligning.    My next thought was the anger that has been there was taught.   

In the next paragraph....that's exactly what Michael said.  

So then, the scholar casting is pleasantly surprised at being right.  

:)

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Connor

We had our last topic-length session on the Seven Emotions back in March of 2014, and there is one piece of this 2018 session which directly contradicts the 2014 session:

Fear. The inclusion of Fear as one of the seven emotions. It doesn't add up.

In 2014, Michael said:

[MEntity]
FEAR is not an Emotion, technically, anymore than Truth is or Love or Energy, in any technical sense.

Many "emotions" that are referenced by other terms are combinations of the above, either in negative or in positive pole combinations.

None of these Emotions are bad or good, but all can be experienced in beneficial or harmful ways.

[DianeHB] What IS Fear, if not an emotion?

[MEntity] 
Fear is a "feeling," a secondary response or reaction to the processes of Emotions of Anger and Surprise.

Fear, then, could be said to be the body's reaction of protection against negative experiences relative to Anger and Surprise.

Keep in mind that the entire concept of Fear is one that is far more insidious and pervasive than this simplified version we speak of. We are speaking of Fear in terms of Emotions here, but we may speak of fear in larger terms in other discussions.

But for the point of discussion regarding Emotion, Fear is often that bodily reaction to protections against all that is related to negative experiences of Anger and Surprise.

In broader terms, it could be said that Fear is also the bodily response to all of these Emotions in their negative poles.

EDIT: I want to add that I thoroughly enjoyed reading this transcript. Thank you for having the session.

Edited by Connor
  • LIKE/LOVE 7

AnnaD

All of these responses are valid responses to interacting with information in an inspirational, expressive, action or assimilative oriented way. 

You could say, that learning from the Warrior's experience, that the best way to use fear, is as information to make decisions to act from, to remain or keep others, safe. 

You can say this from all of the emotional responses from all of the roles. It is all information to choose to do something with, to act/be motivated from that roles positive overleaves....

Even though some of these emotions don't sound happy ie sadness, or anger, or fear, or contempt, or disgust, they are all valid ways of understanding a situation as it is, and working to transform that situation by changing some variable about it, with whatever goal/mode that particular role brings with it. This can only be a good thing if these emotions provide us with valuable information to be able to ACT from. 

For me, disgust and anger which are probably my main emotions, with surprise in there too, but least used, are motivators for desired change I want to see. I agree wholeheartedly Wendy with what you have said, if we could act and drop the disgust, or anger, or sadness, or contempt or surprise or fear and *somehow* act from the positive pole of that axis in an empathetic way, we would get there with less resistance. But to deny the value of the information as a basis for our change defeats the purpose of perceiving and making decisions on, that information. It is only information, and up to each of us I guess how invested we get in the emotion and how invested and determined we are to see and create change. 

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 1

Stickyflames
5 hours ago, Connor said:

We had our last topic-length session on the Seven Emotions back in March of 2014, and there is one piece of this 2018 session which directly contradicts the 2014 session:

Fear. The inclusion of Fear as one of the seven emotions. It doesn't add up.

In 2014, Michael said:

EDIT: I want to add that I thoroughly enjoyed reading this transcript. Thank you for having the session.

Yep, i immediately griped at that contradiction too. Haha fear seems so embedded in every single emotion that to seperate it into its own emotion seems off to me?

Stickyflames

Thank you all for your beautiful perspectives. This is me openly sharing personal observation that applies to no one but myself again. Yeesterday I thought anger was both my guiding and expressive emotions. Today I was watching how I talk about what inspires me, or life ...it made me think I express myself through contempt. I disregarded contempt as a strong emotion in me, because I am easily swayed in changing my perspective on something as soon as an alternative more tasty perspective is shared.  I have very few unbendable perspectives. I have seen others who live in contempt and everything is a roll of the eyes or deemed stupid if it counteracts their perspective. 

I can look at a part of my life that always continuously inspires me, art...more specifically the art of narratives.

I will be endlessly inspired by artists and storytellers who push through, go for it, choose creativity against all odds. Choose creativity and play on top of survival, helplessness, countless reasons not to be creative.  Regardless of that, it is very rare that I will leave a movie or read a story without disregarding its value. I have a set view of what makes a story good and what makes a story useless. 

“ Don’t you like anything, Royce?” I am often asked by friends who adore stories that I find boring as all hell. 

This contempt often bypasses the very inspiration I feel towards these artists who even get up and show up for their work every day. People who dare to put themselves out there. Dare to create.

At the same time, I think it is useful to understand why something works for you and what doesn’t. It is also true that a lot of people like stories simply due to what they see of themselves in it, even if the structure and communication and everything else does not hold up. Ex: a character might say “ love is all that matters” and everyone who agrees with that philosophy might suddenly deem said movie a good movie or a gay man sees a gay character that reminds them of themselves and suddenly this is now a good movie because of that alone.

In the sense of knowing why something works and does not, on an objective level, contempt is a brilliant tool.

Contempt can also risk leaving out all of the nuances, subjectivities and millions of perspectives in the world...Even if one is “ Right” in ones observation,it still isn’t enough to be right. We have to also do the work of understanding, listening, expressing clearly why we think we are right. We have to risk debate and put our right to the test.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Terri Benning
On 2/17/2018 at 1:36 PM, Bobby said:

MMW - February 17, 2018 - Your Primary Guiding Emotion

ARTISANS = ANGER 

At the heart of Anger is helplessness. Artisans find great inspiration in helplessness. This may sound strange, but it is what provokes their creativity, their sense of responsibility and ownership and presence in life. 

All Roles can feel helpless and Angry, but the Artisan learns quickly what to do about it. Create. 

Create systems, structure, order, and always remain on a friendly basis with chaos. 

NOTE: The Primary Emotion that we correlate to a Role does not mean that, for example, "ARTISANS ARE ANGRY." The correlation only indicates what tends to inspire or challenge that Role. What ends up being expressed may be a different Emotion. 

Somewhere along the line, I heard, and learned the following phrase, which sums up my artisan role "anger" association pretty well; in a nutshell, one of my guiding principals is, and has been for a long time now, "Better to get pissed off than pissed on." ~ I just see anger as more causal than sadness or grief, I guess. 

My other casting placements are: Server entity (lots of sadness processing there), King Block, King Row (I really prefer being, spreading and sharing happiness around my kingdoms) and Warrior position ( I tend to have dealt with chronic anxiety issues for most of the life, and was diagnosed with PTSD in my early forties. (What old soul doesn't have PTSD, I ask you? We've been through and seen it ALL! And lived to tell about it ... eventually, even if it is in another life!) 

Interesting about the Scholar = Surprise connection. I have absolutely NO scholar in my chart anywhere, and I am rarely surprised by much of anything. I can be HAPPILY (double king casting) SURPRISED once in a while, and those  experiences are absolute treasures in my life! What surprises I have experienced have been real doozies ... in a marvelous way! 

Really interesting piece of channeling, and it's fun delving into it. Thanks Troy! ~ Terri  

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • THANK YOU! 1

DianeHB

SERVER = SADNESS 

Servers are highly tuned to the needs of others and the gap between that need and the fulfillment of that need so Sadness can become their Primary Emotion that guides and processes life. Because there will always be people in need, there will always be Sadness. 

Keep in mind that while these Emotions may have "positive" or "negative" connotations, they are neither good or bad or positive or negative. They simply ARE.

It is much like saying that gray sky is bad while a blue sky is good. That differentiation is subjective and both colors are natural, normal, and part of the range of existence for the sky of Earth.

Sadness is important and vital for the development of empathy and compassion. 

Sadness is not the same thing as Depression or Grief. 

Sadness is a choice. Depression and Grief are not. 

All Emotions are a choice.  All Emotions can be chosen.  It is important to point out here that you HAVE emotions.  Emotions do not have you. 

Servers are not afraid of Sadness.  

They know that life hurts and can hurt. They know that one must allow room for Sadness because it reflects the process of healing hurts and recovering or creating that which is most needed. 

I had an aha moment about Sadness and the development of empathy and compassion. I read a lot of comments to news stories on Facebook. I'm not sure why I do it. It's kind of like self-induced torture. I guess I like to read what other people are thinking. When I come across stories where people get hurt, for whatever reason, often one of the top reactions is "this is why you shouldn't do X, they did it to themselves." The comment section is like a snapshot of our defenses as a society, and I've often noticed this victim blaming as a way to avoid feeling. Specifically, to avoid feeling sad for the person that had some harm happen to them.To me, feeling sadness is akin to saying to ourselves, "I acknowledge your hurt, your pain, your sorrow." A lot of times people don't want to feel someone else's pain, or to acknowledge that their pain is valid. Sadness invites you to care about something/someone and to care for something/someone. It asks you to take action, but the action tends to be a soft one -- to care and comfort in whatever way you can.

I think there is a lot there on how every one of the seemingly "negative" emotions can inspire positive action, if we looked into them deeply enough.

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 13
  • THANK YOU! 2

KurtisM

Im gonna hop on the bandwagon here with my observations too.

It's only one day into my half-hearted attempts to tackle this Michael homework, but I have managed to discover a few things.

My Primary Guiding Emotion definitely seems to be Anger. Being angry at myself for not moving enough, for staying inside all the time, for doing things too late, for wasting what could be a great day, for wanting to shout at people etc.

I'm... actually surprised how angry I am. Inside at least. I guess I agree now with all the people that said I looked angry/depressed. That's ironic!

On a good day, my anger for being stuck gets funneled into planning, implementation and creativity. On a bad day it turns to destruction, overthinking and agitation.

---

(Maybe this is tmi, but I had an abscess rise on my face out of nowhere. Which hasnt happened since before i went wfpb vegan. I know on one hand, it's because I ate too much oil and sugar for comfort recently which have caused inflammation.

But I looked up the metaphysical meaning too & it's caused by festering thoughts and repressed anger bubbling to the surface in times of despair/powerlessness. That resonated with me and my explorations.)

My Primary Expressed Emotion seems to be Disgust though. I was actually pretty surprised about that, but at least this week the number of times i've shown or felt like showing my distaste, repugnance at obnoxiousness and wish for change was high.

I also often use Disgust as a guiding emotion too. Because when I didnt express it, it redirected into Contempt, prompting me to express disregard & then ask why I did that and if it mightve hurt the other person.

Disgust would at least relate to my Priest-themed Entity- and I have been tapping into Priest energy since last year, which definitely brought up indignation, judgement and righteousness to inform me of the need for improvement.

Contempt relates to Sage, and I do suspect I have Sage in my Row or Block, so there's that too.

Other than that, Fear was lower this week, I felt only a bit of Sadness & definitely had moments of Happiness and Surprise that redirected me when I was down/bored.

I'll see how my emotional life goes from here.

• LIKE/LOVE 4