MMW - February 17, 2018 - Your Primary Guiding Emotion

Stickyflames
3 hours ago, DianeHB said:

I had an aha moment about Sadness and the development of empathy and compassion. I read a lot of comments to news stories on Facebook. I'm not sure why I do it. It's kind of like self-induced torture. I guess I like to read what other people are thinking. When I come across stories where people get hurt, for whatever reason, often one of the top reactions is "this is why you shouldn't do X, they did it to themselves." The comment section is like a snapshot of our defenses as a society, and I've often noticed this victim blaming as a way to avoid feeling. Specifically, to avoid feeling sad for the person that had some harm happen to them.To me, feeling sadness is akin to saying to ourselves, "I acknowledge your hurt, your pain, your sorrow." A lot of times people don't want to feel someone else's pain, or to acknowledge that their pain is valid. Sadness invites you to care about something/someone and to care for something/someone. It asks you to take action, but the action tends to be a soft one -- to care and comfort in whatever way you can.

I think there is a lot there on how every one of the seemingly "negative" emotions can inspire positive action, if we looked into them deeply enough.

YES! YES!

The more realistic I get about this choice business, the more I realize that the goal here is not happiness...it is learning how to utilize the entire spectrum of who we are. I have a feeling that our sense of wholeness might be directly linked to how comfortable we are with the entire spectrum of emotions.

I know I am uncomfortable with sadness, probably a huge reason why I avoid my family as often as I can. I just feel sad seeing their situations. I have that same voice in me “ ugh, they chose this. They created this life for themselves” when in reality I just want to bawl my eyes out with them. I would say sadness and happiness are the two emotions I do not fully embrace, but This year has been a new rejuvenation of direction which seems to be a step towards finally embracing happiness once more. Sadness is that one emotion that I know is bound to be explored soon but I don’t feel quite ready for the flood gates it will open.

Edited by Stickyflames
  • LIKE/LOVE 6
Luciana Flora

Well, whether the fear is an emotion or not. He is something that has always been constant in my life. And I would say even more present than the other motions cited in that workshop.

By what I understood the fear said in the session would be used as a form of preparation for possible threats.

I still find it difficult to see fear as a source of information. For me, fear has always been a source of paralysis. So I liked what Michael specifically said to me.

• LIKE/LOVE 3
Jeroen

This is a wonderful session.

Sadness is the emotion which stands out the most looking back at my life and aligns with my Essence role. I have often experienced sadness throughout my life primarily from recognizing when others are hurting or when they might need help with healing. This emotion has been there with me to the core since very early on.

I think this guiding emotion has helped me to develop greater compassion and empathy for others as Michael spoke of in this session.

Secondary to this emotion, I would go with Anger and Disgust (Priest casting). In particular, these emotions come in to play as a form of expression when I see harm being inflicted on others and where it might be out of my control do anything about.

• LIKE/LOVE 9
Leela Corman
On 2/17/2018 at 4:36 PM, Bobby said:

Create systems, structure, order, and always remain on a friendly basis with chaos.

YES. Resounding, happy yes to that. So many formal experiments and so much delight in creation arises from these things, for me, as an artist, as a teacher, and as a human.

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • 3 weeks later...
Ingun
On 2/17/2018 at 10:36 PM, Bobby said:

SERVER = SADNESS 

Servers are highly tuned to the needs of others and the gap between that need and the fulfillment of that need so Sadness can become their Primary Emotion that guides and processes life. Because there will always be people in need, there will always be Sadness. 

Keep in mind that while these Emotions may have "positive" or "negative" connotations, they are neither good or bad or positive or negative. They simply ARE.

It is much like saying that gray sky is bad while a blue sky is good. That differentiation is subjective and both colors are natural, normal, and part of the range of existence for the sky of Earth.

Sadness is important and vital for the development of empathy and compassion. 

Sadness is not the same thing as Depression or Grief. 

Sadness is a choice. Depression and Grief are not. 

All Emotions are a choice.  All Emotions can be chosen.  It is important to point out here that you HAVE emotions.  Emotions do not have you. 

Servers are not afraid of Sadness.  

They know that life hurts and can hurt. They know that one must allow room for Sadness because it reflects the process of healing hurts and recovering or creating that which is most needed. 

Ditto to what @DianeHB said above.

I experience Sadness as a very beautiful thing.

It happens that people sometimes come to me without being consciously aware of it, but intuitively looking for a safe space where sadness is allowed and acknowledged to be released and accepted as natural and healthy process.

I feel grateful for witnessing that and hold a space of permission and acceptance. Anything so the other can expand into their acceptance and love for themselves in the process and embrace their wholeness.

I think it invites care, compassion and empathy, but I also like to include humor and joy when it's any potential for that in the process. Sadness does not mean that Joy or any other emotions can't be part of the equation.

It happens that people has stored up so much sadness because they think that if they start crying they will never stop, and it happens that someone cry for 1-2 hours, but the transformation and healing happening during that overrides everything. Some lightheartedness is also appropriate, it actually helps some discover that a lot of pain comes from resisting sadness, and not the sadness itself.

Edited by Ingun
changing a word, deleting a word... better english
  • LIKE/LOVE 10
  • 1 month later...
Evelin
On 2/18/2018 at 12:17 AM, Luciana Flora said:

I am pleased to have participated in this workshop mainly because of this response.

I found it interesting the primary emotion of the warrior to be fear. Because when I read that the warrior protects and fights for a cusa it never seemed to me to be afraid. and I do not think I've ever done these things because of fear. 

In the POF that I will participate in the second one I would talk about exactly that. but with this new information I will have to rephrase the question.

My Warrior casting says this: Warriors see (possible) obstacles, all of them. Example: when I plan a vacation, I see all the things (I fear) might go not as I planned. So I take this as information and prepare for these situations.
In later soul ages Warriors understand their own fear is a/the major obstacle, so they go inside and "conquer" that.

I think they can be very protective when they see someone else afraid because they so deeply know what fear is.

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • WARRIOR
10 minutes ago, Evelin said:

My Warrior casting says this: Warriors see (possible) obstacles, all of them. Example: when I plan a vacation, I see all the things (I fear) might go not as I planned. So I take this as information and prepare for these situations.

Does this sound familiar @Maureen? It made me laugh out loud when I read this, @Evelin. You nailed it.

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 1
  • PRIEST
Maureen
3 hours ago, Uma said:

Does this sound familiar @Maureen? It made me laugh out loud when I read this, @Evelin. You nailed it.

Yes, it does sound familiar. I also think that, as well as Warrior Casting, part of my tactical approach can be drawn back to my Attitude of Realist. Michael said this in an NMW on Blind Spots of our Attitude:

MEntity:  Convenience is a prized state that the Realist works hard to secure in his or her life. They know life can be hard, so they hone the life into ways, paths, and patterns that uphold the quality and benefit of convenience.

MEntity:  This is a natural byproduct of having such an Attitude, and it is a healthy response to the acknowledgement of the range of experience that life can bring. Hardship and struggle WILL happen, so why not secure as many conveniences as possible to help balance that out. This helps the Realist, then, remain Objective.

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 2
Luciana Flora
3 hours ago, Evelin said:

In later soul ages Warriors understand their own fear is a/the major obstacle, so they go inside and "conquer" that.

I think they can be very protective when they see someone else afraid because they so deeply know what fear is.

My mother is a warrior cast and I see that in my mother. Exactly this way. She sees the possible obstacles and problems and tries to prevent them or to be prepared for them if they happen.

In my case. I agree fear has always been my biggest obstacle. But so far I have not yet been able to use it as information. Maybe in between a little self-depreciation. Because I often share my ability to deal with the obstacles ... I think that's why it ends up being crippling for me.

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • PRIEST
Maureen
3 hours ago, Evelin said:

Yes, this is very familiar and an accurate assessment. I spent a fair chunk of time in my 20's identifying all my fears and/or blocks, lined them up, and eliminated them one by one. I worked on my fear of the dark, fear of water, sexual fears, etc. I've continued to do this and still work on any new fear/block that comes up or remains as residual. I'm pretty ruthless when it comes to working through my own fears. Some background -- I was working with a gifted psychic/teacher at the time who read auras especially well and when I went to see her after these breakthroughs she said she had never seen anyone bring so much back into their aura, and in such a short period of time, that had been previously blocked and asked me what I had done. That's when I realized that it's not so usual to do this kind of work. So I can see that Warrior Casting does have a relentless, tactical strength to it that never gives up until "the job" is done.   

• LIKE/LOVE 5
Leela Corman

For me, I think my Warrior casting helps me give form and focus to the creative chaos that can be part of my Artisan nature. I can be extremely, obsessively disciplined, or just obsessive, and I have learned how to turn my obsessive tendencies into the lynchpin of my career, meaning, I do really deep dives into anything I'm really interested in, and that becomes whatever I'm making (bellydance, the historical periods I work with in some of my work, other themes or techniques in my art). I can work very hard and manifest my ideas very strongly. I can also be kind of literal and dogged and those traits can get me in trouble or just annoy me. I sink my teeth into things. Sometimes those things are relationships, or reasons for other people's behavior, wanting answers I won't get from people. But in general I'm really into my casting, I like focusing the beam and pulling stuff out of the nebula from the other side, and making it here.

• 6 months later...
Rosario

OH now I see it.

You could say I'm 'disgusted' by clutter and hoarding. Both my parents are in their own ways...and perhaps me too (virtual hoarding lol) 

I definitely relate through Happiness ...It gives me this lovely high haha

• LIKE/LOVE 1