Shweta

Goal.of acceptance but struggling to accept..need some.guidance

Shweta

Good Morning Troy

Am a new member and was a bit hesitant to write to you...but I guess seeking guidance is always welcome in this forum:)

I have been learning and understanding my Michael chart and the teachings only for a few months now. My role is priest , casting 6/6/2 with the goal.of acceptance...(channeled by Dave gregg)... A lot of it deeply resonates with me..but am.struggling to truly understand how to apply acceptance in a very real life situation of accepting someone in our life whose life choices no.longer work for ones true self. 

While I have reached a stage of accepting he is who he is, I also accept that it no.longer serves me to have him in my life. 

Does one take a path of honouring our true self and remove this.person from.my life though it will hurt someone else as collateral damage? 

Do we go ahead with our decision to let go with the belief that in the end it is every individuals own path  and  if some one gets  hurt for.no fault of.theirs that is also a part of their journey?

and  how does one take this decision if the person being hurt by the decision  is a child ? 

Edited by Shweta

Janet

@Shweta,

I know that other people have asked almost exactly the same question and have posted Michael's response here on the site.

Possibly they will respond here, but in general Michael would say that Acceptance does NOT mean always taking whatever someone wants to dish out. If a child is endangered by someone else's choices and you can do something to protect the child, then having a goal of Acceptance has no part in the decision to remove the child from danger. You can accept that another person can make less than ideal choices; you need not accept that it is okay for those choices to endanger others. 

I suspect that if you start investigating the content of the site, you may begin to run across items that are helpful to you in terms of learning about Acceptance. For example: OMW: Accepting the UnacceptableMichael Speaks: Loving the Unlovable.

And I found this transcript the other day during my own study, and it has a question similar to yours: Michael Speaks: June 2017 (last question/answer in the transcript).

Still, I don't think these transcripts cover your specific situation and I hope someone who knows of a transcript that does will post a link (or links) here. 

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Shweta

Thanks so much...I will read more on the site too.

I also understand it's essential to take the child away from a dangerous situation..my dilemma is that it will hurt the child emotionally if I force a separation from this person because it doesn't suit.me

Having said that..yes I am.begining to realise the difference between acceptance and blind acceptance...and the need to always value myself...

Thanks again so much for your response..

Edited by Shweta
  • LIKE/LOVE 1

Kate
18 hours ago, Janet said:

You can accept that another person can make less than ideal choices; you need not accept that it is okay for those choices to endanger others. 

I fully understand and feel the dilemma, and wish you strength!

I think Acceptance covers accepting the fact that it is time for acting, and not being passive. 

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Shweta

Thanks Kate.  Yes you are so right...I accept that there are things I cannot accept and need to act on it:)

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Ingun
21 hours ago, Janet said:

And I found this transcript the other day during my own study, and it has a question similar to yours: Michael Speaks: June 2017 (last question/answer in the transcript).

@Janet

Either you wanted to link to M Speaks June 2007 - so then the heading is not correct, but the link is :-)

or you were refering to M Speaks June 2017 which is here: "Your receipe for happiness".

Edited by Ingun
  • LIKE/LOVE 1
  • THANK YOU! 1

Janet

@Ingun -- Yes, I typed the title wrong. As long as the link works, I'm okay with that. 

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • THANK YOU! 1

Nadine
23 hours ago, Shweta said:

.my dilemma is that it will hurt the child emotionally if I force a separation from this person because it doesn't suit.me

Just something to keep in mind: children also suffer when they witness one or both of their parents or care takers unhappy in their relationships. Staying together "for the kids" might be even more emotionally traumatizing than separating. I don't know your exact circumstances, but I can say that an unhealthy or unhappy relationship is probably noticed and felt by the child involved.

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Shweta

Thanks everyone for their inputs...Continuing on this dilemna..I got his and mine Michael charts! And it has put so many things into perspective..

me: role priest

Casting :  priest (6/6/2) 

Essence twin : sage

Goal acceptance

Attitude spiritualistic

Needs: communion, acceptance, exchange

Old 1

He is a king with a scholar casting (4/ 7/3

Essence twin and task companion: warrior

Goal dominance

Attitude skeptic

Needs: stability, power and adventure

Mature 6

Still absorbing and working on using these insights in my daily dealings...