Troubadour

What is essence?

Question

Troubadour

Hi,

I haven’t managed to get a connect with Michael or Troy as yet and this question has filled my leisure time trying to find information in the library. I haven’t had much success so far and I’m wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. 

What is essence?  What are the characteristics of essence?

Im guessing the answer must be somewhere in the library and it seems a basic question so please excuse my naivety and thank you for your time. 

Troubadour

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Bobby
6 hours ago, Troubadour said:

Hi,

I haven’t managed to get a connect with Michael or Troy as yet and this question has filled my leisure time trying to find information in the library. I haven’t had much success so far and I’m wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. 

Im guessing the answer must be somewhere in the library and it seems a basic question so please excuse my naivety and thank you for your time. 

Troubadour

As I understand it, once Spark is cast from Tao, it takes on a Role.  That Spark + Role = Essence.  Generally though, I think most think of Essence as their own Soul or God even if they have no concept of Essence.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

DianeHB

This might answer your question. It's part of the basic introduction in the library and is also accessible from the navigation menu under The Teachings > Quick Introduction. 

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Troubadour

Thank you Diane HB and Bobby. I’m trying to validate the Michael teachings for myself and I find mountains of wonderful information on TLE. 

The quote below is from Michael speaks: Conscious Connection To Essence. 

“There is as much Essence involved in a fist fight as there is in a charismatic guru, when consciousness and choice are aligned. When sitting next in your session to connect more consciously to Essence, simply want to, and it will be. Within that moment, all any of you have to do to remain connected consciously, is to choose consciously. We will define “consciously” here as “with awareness”, but there are other ways to define.

When every decision you make as Personality is done with consciousness, Essence is present. When you find yourself happy, Essence is present. Whether you are indulging in eating a bucket of ice cream, doing horrific acts of violence, or singly sweetly with a friend… if chosen consciously and with intent, Essence is present.”

What I am hoping for is a definition. And if essence is an entity what are the characteristics of that entity?

The above quote tells me when essence is present and there is much information which tells me when essence is absent. What I don’t understand is what essence IS. Does essence have a physical presence that exists within my body/ etheric? If not, where does essence reside? Is essence my friend? Or my boss? Does essence have other essence friends? Can Michael have a chat with my essence ? How does essence communicate with fragment? Does essence communicate with Tao? Or is essence Tao once removed ( is essence Tao’s representative)? 

When I meditate (sometimes) my thoughts stop and I am left with awareness. In this state I can choose to change focus with my attention but so far, for me, that is all I get. I don’t get messages and I don’t feel love from an exterior source. This in spite of attempting to connect to essence. Am I ‘in’ essence in this state?

Troubadour

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Ingun
16 hours ago, Troubadour said:

Hi,

Troubadour

If you like to have information from The Michael Entity you have the options of booking channeled sessions, with Troy doing the channeling, and/or continue to read and study... read and study....

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Troubadour

Thank you Ingun. I booked a session with Troy in December but he hasn’t been able to get to me as yet. 

I have read everything I could find in this library regarding essence and I was hoping someone in the community could point me in the right direction as Janet advises me it may be weeks until Troy can get to my session. 

• LIKE/LOVE 1

DianeHB
1 hour ago, Troubadour said:

Thank you Diane HB and Bobby. I’m trying to validate the Michael teachings for myself and I find mountains of wonderful information on TLE. 

The quote below is from Michael speaks: Conscious Connection To Essence. 

“There is as much Essence involved in a fist fight as there is in a charismatic guru, when consciousness and choice are aligned. When sitting next in your session to connect more consciously to Essence, simply want to, and it will be. Within that moment, all any of you have to do to remain connected consciously, is to choose consciously. We will define “consciously” here as “with awareness”, but there are other ways to define.

When every decision you make as Personality is done with consciousness, Essence is present. When you find yourself happy, Essence is present. Whether you are indulging in eating a bucket of ice cream, doing horrific acts of violence, or singly sweetly with a friend… if chosen consciously and with intent, Essence is present.”

What I am hoping for is a definition. And if essence is an entity what are the characteristics of that entity?

The above quote tells me when essence is present and there is much information which tells me when essence is absent. What I don’t understand is what essence IS. Does essence have a physical presence that exists within my body/ etheric? If not, where does essence reside? Is essence my friend? Or my boss? Does essence have other essence friends? Can Michael have a chat with my essence ? How does essence communicate with fragment? Does essence communicate with Tao? Or is essence Tao once removed ( is essence Tao’s representative)? 

When I meditate (sometimes) my thoughts stop and I am left with awareness. In this state I can choose to change focus with my attention but so far, for me, that is all I get. I don’t get messages and I don’t feel love from an exterior source. This in spite of attempting to connect to essence. Am I ‘in’ essence in this state?

Troubadour

There are a lot of sessions that discuss various aspects of Essence and connection with Essence, but not all combined in a neat response. I think your question would be worth asking in an open floor session. 

Michael has often said that Essence communicates with the personality through impulses.

I might offer that the key to the quote above is awareness, and that Essence IS the awareness. When you are aware, you ARE Essence, and it will feel like you and not an external entity. You might want to read some of the sessions on how to channel in the iChannel club to get a sense of how to receive messages from Essence.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Ingun

1 minute ago, Troubadour said:

Thank you Ingun. I booked a session with Troy in December but he hasn’t been able to get to me as yet. 

I have read everything I could find in this library regarding essence and I was hoping someone in the community could point me in the right direction as Janet advises me it may be weeks until Troy can get to my session. 

hmmm, I see.... it's good that Janet and the team have a hand on it. So you will get it one day :-)

Bobby
12 minutes ago, Troubadour said:

Are you on the schedule now?  Don't assume otherwise unless there is an appointment date/time so you're not left hanging.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Troubadour

Hi Bobby.

My session is on hold. It’s not an emergency for me to get a reply to my questions and it won’t kill me to wait. 

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Patty

Here is a basic definition of essence that I found on the Michael Teachings website (not sure who to credit from that site): 

“Essence: Soul, or "higher" self, in distinction to the outer personality, or "lower" self. It generally refers to all nonphysical levels of self, including the astral and causal selves, as well as those that resonate with the three highest planes, although it can be used to refer only to the latter.”

http://www.michaelteachings.com/glossary.html

Not sure if this is what you’re looking for - obviously this is just a nutshell definition, and there are likely more accurate descriptions available. It’s a good place to start though! 

Troy has the most accurate channeling, as far I as I can tell, so TLE is a treasure trove of great information - keep digging!  And anything you get from him is likely to be worth the wait. Having said that - there is still some valuable info in the original Messages from Michael book, if you can stand to suffer through the formatting! MFM is not totally accurate, but it does a decent job of giving context to the basics. 

Edited by Patty
  • LIKE/LOVE 7

Ingun

An Entity consists of around 1000 Essences of different Roles. Your Entity is like your soul's family. Each Entity has a different mix of Roles.

http://our.truthloveenergy.com/articles.html/library/start-here/basic-introduction/your-soul-family-r11/

Essence is energy, and it is formless, but has potential to create form and does so through your Etheric Body.

The Etheric Body is a matrix for the Personality.  The Etheric Body does not die with the Physical Body.

Your Essence is you, and you are your Essence.

When living as Essence there is less difference between what is me and what is Essence. It's like you are a team; Personality, Body and Essence.

On some days when the Personality manages to stay more in the +Poles the presence is stronger and the flow is easier.

When Personality falls into more into the Negative Poles of the Overleaves I can feel more disconnected from Essence, but is actually not, it's more like forgetting to tune into the higher guidance that is already there. Like forgetting that you can turn on the light in a darker room, or like not seeing the sun because you are looking only at the cloud.

Of course you can think of Essence as your friend, I still do.

I also think of Essence as the employee and I'm the employer, lol, and the same goes for my guides when I remember to put them to work. LOL.

I think of Essence as working with me and for me, helping me with my directions and guiding me when I need it or ask for it, and I share my intentions with Essence. Important!

Essence is aware of the bigger picture so if I need help with details in life or whatever... I communicate that to Essence (express it in some way).

I also express my love an gratitude too, my sadness, my helplessness...

and I surrender to Essence when I remember to, and surrender when I don't know what to do...

Everyone you know has an Essence, and therefore you as Essence know also the other Essences. as Personalities we can recognize Essence in others, but Personalities still need to get aquainted or accommodate to each other.

The Michael Entity reads the Akashic Records for past or future life information and they also teach their own teaching. Michael uses the term Fragment about a Personality.

All your Personalities through your incarnations are Fragments of Essence. They are the creations of Essence and comes back to be part of Essence. That's how Essence learn and evolve.

Your Essence can communicate with another Essence, and any communication with you goes through your Essence.

When you sit like you described it's best to not expect anything, but rather bring your attention and awareness to what is going on in your Body. Just be present with your self, your body, your emotions coming up and afterwards notice any difference between when you started vs when you finished. 

An example of communication with Essence can be your night dreams - but also your daydreaming when you simply disconnect with the outside world... and just stare into nowhere...

and suddenly somebody noticed you drifted off and say "is everything ok?" ....

🌺

I hope this brings some anwers.

The above is maybe not expressed in the best way, but if anyone notice information to be uncorrect, please let me know.

Edited by Ingun
  • LIKE/LOVE 8
  • THANK YOU! 1

Nick Sweeney (Babylove)

Hi, Troubadour!

From what i understand, Essence is your eternal spark of consciousness that is a "piece" of the Tao...made up of truth, love and energy.  It is the animating force/consciousness that gives life to the vehicle of personality and body.

I remember Michael saying (in a transcript about the imagination) that essence is the part of you that IMAGINES.  

I just luv that! It gives me such a visceral sense of what essence is😌

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Bobby
2 hours ago, Troubadour said:

Hi Bobby.

My session is on hold. It’s not an emergency for me to get a reply to my questions and it won’t kill me to wait. 

You'll have to pardon my skepticism here but if it isn't scheduled, it's never going to get done.  Take my advice.  Get a date on the schedule for it.  If your availability changes, you can always move it to another date yourself assuming that you do that before the 3 day window prior to the appointment.  Unless you have a support ticket for a missed session, no one knows/remembers it was missed.  It will fall through the cracks.  I've seen it many times before.  You don't want to be one of those who speak up 2 years from now about missed session.

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Troubadour

Thank you Bobby. I’ll request it right away. 

Sam K

In answer to the original question: you are.  Tat tvam asi, as the Hindus say. 

Troubadour

Thank you Sam K. I am the Atman! Am I here? Now? 

Troubadour

Thank you Ingun. Beautiful.  May I ask additional questions that arise? 

If essence created me through my etheric body and essence created all the different fragments that have been me then essence preceded me and is something in addition to me. 

Perhaps when I am operating from the positive poles of my personality I am expressing essence eloquently but there appears to me to be more to me than my personality, body and essence ( with a small ‘e’). 

When I request assistance am I asking for that which is outside me? Is that Essence (with a big ‘E’)?

Let me put it another way. It appears to me that my essence is only a part (or fragment) of my larger essence and that larger essence exists not only in me but apart from me. If this is true then there must be an energetic system that connects me to essence and there will be an energetic connection to all the other aspects (or fragments) of me that have, or will exist. If that is true and if I can learn as much as I can about that energetic system and if I can then integrate that information into myself I may know myself better than I do now as I learn what else there is that I am. Perhaps my perception will be more encompassing. Perhaps I will be better able to love you. And I may learn to love myself.

Edited by Troubadour
  • LIKE/LOVE 1

Ingun

Here's a piece I was looking for yesterday but found today :-)

2 hours ago, Troubadour said:

Thank you Ingun. Beautiful.  May I ask additional questions that arise? 

If essence created me through my etheric body and essence created all the different fragments that have been me then essence preceded me and is something in addition to me. 

Perhaps when I am operating from the positive poles of my personality I am expressing essence eloquently but there appears to me to be more to me than my personality, body and essence ( with a small ‘e’). 

When I request assistance am I asking for that which is outside me? Is that Essence (with a big ‘E’)?

Let me put it another way. It appears to me that my essence is only a part (or fragment) of my larger essence and that larger essence exists not only in me but apart from me. If this is true then there must be an energetic system that connects me to essence and there will be an energetic connection to all the other aspects (or fragments) of me that have, or will exist. If that is true and if I can learn as much as I can about that energetic system and if I can then integrate that information into myself I may know myself better than I do now as I learn what else there is that I am. Perhaps my perception will be more encompassing. Perhaps I will better able to love you. And I may learn to love myself.

You may ask as much as you like :-) I don't have all the answers though :-)

There is no difference between Essence with little e or big E.

In the channeled sessions a word that has a spesific meaning in The Michael Teaching, and not just a random interpretation, tend to have a big initial capital. Fill in anyone who remembers that better than me.

I can think as if Essence is something in addition to me, but I prefer the image of me as part of Essence, a Fragment together with all the other Personalities from my lifetimes.

We are on a journey and will be uniting in Essence at last when cycling off the Physical Plane. We continue to unite as Entities, Cadres, Energy Rings, Spheres/Arrangements,  Composition/Design.... into the other Planes. Just as the Spark is cast out of Tao it is returning to Tao at some point merged with all the other Sparks.

Maybe you are in a place with yourself and your life now where you like to invite in Essence more, to strengthen that connection, and that this can be why all these questions come up for you. Simply tune into that part inside of you. Think, feel/perceive and move with Essence in ways that are natural for you. Fake it until you make it so to speak, or simply play with the notion that it's already happening. It is anyway.

The Baby Soul influence in ourself and in this world and its imprinting has taught all of us to look for anything powerful outside of us, and to give away power an authority in many ways. Many other things has also contributed to that too.

When you invite Essence and consciously choose to connect, and bring your awareness to that, that old imprinting or influence is being washed out more and more of your energetic system. The energetic system between the Personality and Essence are the 7 Centers which is related to the 7 chakras in your Body. I think that is interesting to learn about, and understand, because that is really about understanding how you function in daily life - and not to forget; understanding your Overleaves. Little by little. I still don't understand everyting about my overleaves. No way! And far from. LOL.

Loving yourself or connecting with the Love in yourself can be supported by bringing awareness around your Emotional Center and it's poles of +Perceptions and -Sentimentality. The Emotional Center is related to "Your Right Love and be Loved", related to your heart chakra. 

The 7 Basic Rights - January 2010

OMW June 2012 - Tending to your 7 Basic Rights

Understanding the Positive and Negative Poles brings wareness to what perceptions means here, and in my experience that also helps with bringing in the higher perceptions; related to The Higher Emotional Center, which has the Positive Pole of Love and Negative Pole of Intuition, related to the 6th chakra (in middle of the head). And the Negative Poles of The Higher Centers are not negative like the other Neg Poles, just more divided parts coming together according to M.

I noticed in your profile that you are Intellectual Center/Moving Part, and if that is correct you are probably looking for balancing your Three Lower Centers (Moving, Intellectual, Emotional) by consciously bringing in the Emotinal Center in your daily life. Life sucks when one Center is left out too often. That is at least my experience. So allowing and trusting your perceptions will be essential, and that includes your emotions, whatever moves through you. Permission to perceive whatever you perceive, and accept what you perceive, because it will not always be like that, it will change and so will you - and it expands your love for yourself and the world. And that kind of moves you into your higher perceptions more and more if you choose to.

OMW June 2011 - The Truth, Love and Energy that is you and your life

"Your MODE helps you to understand how you relate to who and what inspires you/reflects you in the process of learning to Love."

From M Speaks Feb 2002

[M_Entity]
There are parts of the life in which the Personality manages, and parts in which Essence manages. “Attracting” Fragments, physical or nonphysical, is managed by Essence. Personality need only communicate to Essence if there is a particular interest determined.

Communicating to Essence is as simple as thinking. If you choose to be clearer, set aside time before and/or after sleep to softly communicate to Essence what you seek.

Essence has a limited “view” of the lifetime, and without the conscious input from Personality, the lifetime can be in agreement with or against the wishes of a Personality. When Personality is clear in what it wants, or seeks to attract, Essence is there.

Edited by Ingun
  • LIKE/LOVE 6

Troubadour

Thank you Ingun. I have much to think about. 

Having recently tuned in to the Michael teachings I am trying to get as clear a picture as I can without the direct input I would get from a chat with Michael. Your communication today has helped and is greatly appreciated. 

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Janet
6 hours ago, Troubadour said:

Let me put it another way. It appears to me that my essence is only a part (or fragment) of my larger essence and that larger essence exists not only in me but apart from me.

The term "Essence" loosely connects to what is commonly known as your soul, or your higher self, although my perception is that Essence is somewhat more than that, so Michael chose not to use a term that might limit the concept with preconceived ideas. Essence experiences the Physical Plane via its fragments, or Personalities, but the fragments are not split off and separated from Essence. Michael has used the comparison of drops of water in the ocean -- each drop is separate, but part of a larger whole, and while you can't identify the separate drops, each drop knows itself as itself. 

You ARE Essence, and you are never not Essence. Perhaps you can view your Personality as an expression of Essence. However, your Personality, once created, is permanent and has full choice always. Essence can set up some plans for the life before birth, but once you are living, you are not required to do what was "expected." You expand the experience of Essence by your choices and your experiences. When you die, you will still be yourself, but also Essence. It's a mindblower. You will have the opportunity to participate in the creation of other new Personalities.

Eventually you will merge with other Personalities of your Essence, at a time of your choice, but you will not lose your identity as part of the process. Similarly, all the Essences within an Entity will merge, or reunite. I had a dream about the merging process that was very comforting:  Essence Merging. Once all the Essences within an Entity reunite, the Entity "graduates" to the Causal Plane. This is the case with Michael. All the Entities within a Cadre reunite while on the Causal Plane. Then on higher planes all the Cadres in an Energy Ring merge, etc., etc., until all is merged into/reunited with Tao.

Except that we never really leave Tao; we are immersed in Tao the whole time, just as you are immersed in Essence the whole time. I like Seth's explanation that we are already part of Tao -- our "future selves" are already "there" -- but we have chosen to concentrate our attention on this particular life at this time. If we choose to acknowledge that there is more to ourselves than what we perceive with our physical senses, we can begin to allow perceptions beyond those senses to inform and assist us in our choices. 

Geraldine was a beloved member of TLE who died a couple of years ago. Once she died, she wanted to meet her Essence, to give her Essence a "piece of her mind". The session that describes that meeting also explains a bit about the concept of Essence: A Post-Death Geraldine Follow-up.

I have met a representation of my Essence in a dream, and the session that discusses that dream also discusses calling for support: Oversouls.

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 1

Sam K
18 hours ago, Troubadour said:

Thank you Sam K. I am the Atman! Am I here? Now? 

Yes, for a given definition of "here."  Essence is always present and experiencing the things that you are because there is no difference between you and your Essence.  There is a perceived difference, that is, a sense of division between the personality and the "real" self or soul, because physical incarnation is inherently limiting in various ways.  That's part of the game, so to speak.

So when we talk about "manifesting Essence," what we mean is that in any given moment, your current, incarnate personality may or may not be reflecting your real Self to the personality's maximum potential.  When it is, we say that you are "manifesting Essence" or "in Essence."

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Troubadour

Thank you John Roth. It will take some time to digest that. This blew my mind and I suspect I will revisit this many times.