Juni

"However, it can be helpful to understand that for most fragments who are blindly aligned with "fuckface" it is due to deep wounding that "fuckface" exploits. That wounding is related to powerlessness and a deep need for parenting. This wounding of powerlessness tends to cause one to nestle up to those who are most willing to be bullies. There is a twisted sense of powerfulness then granted to those who align with the bully and this is superficially quite satisfying."

This might also explain the dynamic generally with children who are unable to see anything wrong with severely abusive parents and stay loyal beyond all reason.  I knew someone who just couldn't get away from his need for his dad's approval, even though it was quite clear he'd never get it, and also that the dad really enjoyed withholding it in order to hurt him. Trying to point this out only resulted in defensiveness and fights, though.

Edited by Juni
  • LIKE/LOVE 15

Uma
1 hour ago, Bobby said:

it can be helpful to understand that for most fragments who are blindly aligned with "fuckface" it is due to deep wounding that "fuckface" exploits. That wounding is related to powerlessness and a deep need for parenting. This wounding of powerlessness tends to cause one to nestle up to those who are most willing to be bullies. There is a twisted sense of powerfulness then granted to those who align with the bully and this is superficially quite satisfying.

1 hour ago, Bobby said:

That alignment for the addictive satisfaction of powerfulness can even go entirely against the very core of an individual's values.

And yes, as has been said by Emmanuel, you cannot push people into the Garden of Eden. You can only get there first, and open the gate to invite them in.

This is so helpful in dealing with all of fuckface's supporters, and my sister in particular. 

• LIKE/LOVE 13

Wendy

I just want to say it's getting a little freaky how closely M topics are corresponding to where I am in my Seth readings!  @Uma 2 nights ago it was about how this type of thing works:

1 hour ago, Bobby said:

However, it can be helpful to understand that for most fragments who are blindly aligned with "fuckface" it is due to deep wounding that "fuckface" exploits. That wounding is related to powerlessness and a deep need for parenting. This wounding of powerlessness tends to cause one to nestle up to those who are most willing to be bullies. There is a twisted sense of powerfulness then granted to those who align with the bully and this is superficially quite satisfying.

• LIKE/LOVE 9
  • THANK YOU! 1

DianeHB

I just liked seeing Michael repeat “fuckface”. 

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 6
  • LOL 14
  • WHAT/WOW! 1

Maureen
1 hour ago, Bobby said:

However, it can be helpful to understand that for most fragments who are blindly aligned with "fuckface" it is due to deep wounding that "fuckface" exploits. That wounding is related to powerlessness and a deep need for parenting. This wounding of powerlessness tends to cause one to nestle up to those who are most willing to be bullies. There is a twisted sense of powerfulness then granted to those who align with the bully and this is superficially quite satisfying.

It struck me that this is also how impoverished, "at risk" kids end up in gangs, or cults, etc., looking for love and approval in all the wrong places. The Cult of Trump.

• LIKE/LOVE 15
  • THANK YOU! 1

Uma

@DianeHB me too :)

I almost didn't use that name, but glad i did. The results of not giving a fuck, happily.

• LIKE/LOVE 14
  • WHAT/WOW! 1

Crystal
1 hour ago, Maureen said:

It struck me that this is also how impoverished, "at risk" kids end up in gangs, or cults, etc., looking for love and approval in all the wrong places. The Cult of Trump.

I think it is a cult. Fox News, the "prosperity gospel" churches, Fuckface, etc. - they are all a cult, and cults prey on the lonely, the isolated, the wounded, and those who feel displaced and powerless. I think the M's really nailed it. Of course, not everyone who is wounded winds up in the grip of a cult - @Uma, you and your sister grew up in the same family, and yet here you are and there she is! We all react in different ways. Sometimes I think "there but for the grace of God go I" when it comes to right-wing cults.

• LIKE/LOVE 13
  • THANK YOU! 1

Luciana Flora
3 hours ago, Bobby said:

Your Reality Checks are all about the difference between who you FEAR YOU ARE and who you ARE. You have been navigating for far too long based on who you fear you are, and you have lost all sense of who you are. You will need to do the work of sorting out the difference between who you fear you are and who you are. This means that you cannot base actions, feelings, and thoughts on your fears. You simply must stop. You do  not have to know who you are. You do not have to figure that out. But you must stop fearing who you might be. You are not close to yourself or to others ONLY because you relate through the pain of who you fear you might be, and you have never given yourself a chance to know who you are. We can work with you more on this path over time, but this is your Reality Check for now. Who you are is not the same as who you fear  you might be. 

I found it a little sad when Michael said that I lost all sense of who I am. I hope it does not take long to recover that sense of who I am.

• LIKE/LOVE 18

BrianW
1 hour ago, Luciana Flora said:

I found it a little sad when Michael said that I lost all sense of who I am. I hope it does not take long to recover that sense of who I am.

Luciana, I've gotten such "cosmic spankings" from Michael before as well, especially when I was first starting out with the Michael Teachings. You may want to schedule a follow-up private session to go more in-depth on this topic for yourself, but it might help to ask yourself what you fear about yourself. You've got double self-dep for CFs, just like I do. It isn't fun, I admit, but it can be worked through. What are some things in your life or accomplishments or even characteristics of yourself that you like about you?

• LIKE/LOVE 18
  • THANK YOU! 2

Rosario
7 hours ago, Bobby said:

DISRUPTION and CORRUPTION can never rise without activating REVELATION and EVOLUTION. Never. There has never been a period in Sentient history where Disruption and Corruption remained. Ever. The Greater Good always rises through the powers of Revelation and Evolution. Always.

Keeping yourself in touch with the Reality Check of the Greater Good that is inherent in most fragments at any given time can help you to keep your trust and love for humanity in focus. You are an awesome species who has risen up and through the worst of the worst of those who act out in their wounding and powerlessness.

So true...let's keep upholding that vision!  I had an energy rush...so much love, compassion and trust in our species. We can do this...we can and we will!

7 hours ago, Bobby said:

This is a Truth that can help many who seek something they wish to be most fulfilling: The time it takes to get to what you want only matters to you until you get there. Once you arrive, the time it took is moot.

So it can be helpful to fill your time with as many other playfully fulfilling things as possible so that your time is not spent only waiting or enduring.

Claire:  That's kinda how I view Surrender...

If you do so, then when you finally reach that thing of fulfillment, you will not lose all of that time, but you will have a history to share with your love.

I found this very sweet! :-) 

• LIKE/LOVE 17

DianeHB
5 hours ago, Uma said:

@DianeHB me too :)

I almost didn't use that name, but glad i did. The results of not giving a fuck, happily.

You know this is gonna end up in a Michael book, right? It’s one for the ages. ?

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • LOL 7
  • WHAT/WOW! 1

DianeHB
8 hours ago, Luciana Flora said:

It’s nice when Michael says something about what we’re doing right, but it’s always these hard-to-hear truths that help us make the most significant changes. They have the potential to be the seeds of your greatest breakthroughs. 

Based on what you’ve posted about yourself, Luciana, I think Michael is spot-on. This is the root of why you have so much trouble identifying yourself in most lists of characteristics that Michael has brought up. You said yourself that independence was your priority for a long time, because you were trying to prove that you weren’t the fragile little girl your family thought you were. You feared that your family was right about you, so you spent a long time trying to prove that wasn’t who you are. This is what Michael meant by “navigating based on who you fear you are.” 

This is kind of a twist on the common 4th IM process. Most of us try to live up to who we were told we should be, and in the 4th IM figure out who we actually are. You’ve been fighting against who you were told you should be, and now you get to find out who you really are. 

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 22
  • THANK YOU! 2

Luciana Flora
8 hours ago, BrianW said:

Luciana, I've gotten such "cosmic spankings" from Michael before as well, especially when I was first starting out with the Michael Teachings. You may want to schedule a follow-up private session to go more in-depth on this topic for yourself, but it might help to ask yourself what you fear about yourself. You've got double self-dep for CFs, just like I do. It isn't fun, I admit, but it can be worked through. What are some things in your life or accomplishments or even characteristics of yourself that you like about you?

@BrianW Thank you for showing understanding and for your tips.

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Luciana Flora
1 hour ago, DianeHB said:

It’s nice when Michael says something about what we’re doing right, but it’s always these hard-to-hear truths that help us make the most significant changes. They have the potential to be the seeds of your greatest breakthroughs. 

Based on what you’ve posted about yourself, Luciana, I think Michael is spot-on. This is the root of why you have so much trouble identifying yourself in most lists of characteristics that Michael has brought up. You said yourself that independence was your priority for a long time, because you were trying to prove that you weren’t the fragile little girl your family thought you were. You feared that your family was right about you, so you spent a long time trying to prove that wasn’t who you are. This is what Michael meant by “navigating based on who you fear you are.” 

This is kind of a twist on the common 4th IM process. Most of us try to live up to who we were told we should be, and in the 4th IM figure out who we actually are. You’ve been fighting against who you were told you should be, and now you get to find out who you really are. 

@DianeHB 

You're pretty wise. I think everything you said is right. I was trying to understand what exactly Michael meant. And your post clarified everything. IoI

So thank you for that reply;

• LIKE/LOVE 14
  • THANK YOU! 1

Susanna
14 hours ago, Bobby said:

Maureen:  I guess how can I better "handle" what is going on in the world at this time.

@Maureen Thank you so much for this question. 

@Luciana Flora There are so many people here on TLE...I guess we can fill you third circle a little ?

@ClaireC I love Ms answer „So it can be helpful to fill your time with as many other playfully fulfilling things as possible so that your time is not spent only waiting or enduring.“ This is so true! 

• LIKE/LOVE 14

ClaireC

@Susanna Yes, isn't that true... I do keep busy, and I've recently realized that this is my life and I have to stop waiting for something to happen.  ?

• LIKE/LOVE 13
  • THANK YOU! 1

ClaireC

@Diane The irony is that I spend a lot of time "playing".  To quote one of @Maureen 's famous sayings, "If I had known, I would have danced harder".  LOL!  I'll just have to play harder.  ?

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • LOL 3

NicholasV

Perhaps the Trump movement is a manifestation of a wave of revelation and evolution from another region of disruption and corruption. It can be hard to discern whose greater good is the real one.

Edited by NicholasV
  • THANK YOU! 1
  • EYEROLL/MEH 1

Bobby
10 minutes ago, NicholasV said:

Perhaps the Trump movement is a manifestation of a wave of revelation and evolution from another region of disruption and corruption. It can be hard to discern whose greater good is the real one.

We have examples of this to discern from.  On the one hand, we have Trump and his followers and all the shit they are into and the harm they're causing and we know how this leaves us feeling.  And then, we have the students of Parkland fighting for reasonable gun laws and we know how that leaves us feeling.  There is no comparison.  Perhaps it is difficult for you to discern because you are asleep.

• LIKE/LOVE 10
  • THANK YOU! 3
  • LOL 3

NicholasV
6 minutes ago, Bobby said:

We have examples of this to discern from.  On the one hand, we have Trump and his followers and all the shit they are into and the harm they're causing and we know how this leaves us feeling.  And then, we have the students of Parkland fighting for reasonable gun laws and we know how that leaves us feeling.  There is no comparison.  Perhaps it is difficult for you to discern because you are asleep.

But with Earth being such a diverse place with many historical karmic implications, what is “good” for one group might exactly instigate karma on another. The feeling is never the truth as is said here.

Edited by NicholasV

Maureen
20 hours ago, Bobby said:

Maureen:  Somewhat to my surprise… I can see that I either have what I want and need in/through my Personal and Public Realities or I’m handling the stresses in my life fairly well at this time in my life… with the love and support of those in my first two Circles of Acceptance and of course surrender helps greatly at this time. It's glaringly obvious (to me) that "my" overarching problem at this time, even with all my private/personal stresses, is my Shared Reality in the world with Trump, Putin, his administration, the gulf between his supporters and the sane world… and so on. I so want the world to be in a better place than it is at this time.

Do you have a question?

Maureen:  I guess how can I better "handle" what is going on in the world at this time.

In terms of Shared Reality, it can be helpful for all our students to remember this single most meaningful Truth that has always been the Truth in every challenging wave in the world:

DISRUPTION and CORRUPTION can never rise without activating REVELATION and EVOLUTION. Never. There has never been a period in Sentient history where Disruption and Corruption remained. Ever. The Greater Good always rises through the powers of Revelation and Evolution. Always.

Knowing this does not make the reality of Disruption and Corruption easier, but it helps for you to know that it is impossible for it to last because of the safety net of Greater Good that is truer than the disruptions and corruptions.

Maureen:  All birth is "painful".  

Maureen:  ...until it isn't.

Keeping yourself in touch with the Reality Check of the Greater Good that is inherent in most fragments at any given time can help you to keep your trust and love for humanity in focus. You are an awesome species who has risen up and through the worst of the worst of those who act out in their wounding and powerlessness.

Maureen:  Yes, I can see that. Thank you.

In other words, remind yourself and expose yourself to the reality of those who are acting on behalf of the Greater Good. They exist. They are not always as loud and obnoxious or public, but they exist.

This quote from John Brennan, Director of the Central Intelligence Agency from March 2013 to January 2017, tweeted to Trump, says it all in support of "The Common Good" as Brennan speaks not just his truth he speaks for The Truth of The Common Good as it stands for America and all American people. Remember, there is only ONE Common Good, not many, that's why it's referred to as THE Common Good not A Common Good.  As Michael said: The Greater Good always rises through the powers of Revelation and Evolution. Always.

@JohnBrennan
“When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history. You may scapegoat Andy McCabe, but you will not destroy America...America will triumph over you.”

• LIKE/LOVE 14
  • THANK YOU! 1

Uma
18 hours ago, Crystal said:

you and your sister grew up in the same family, and yet here you are and there she is! We all react in different ways. Sometimes I think "there but for the grace of God go I" when it comes to right-wing cults.

So true @Crystal. Except now I think 'there but for my perception go I'. The grace of god has morphed into my own capacity for True Vision, which is my theme for this year from my QRQP, which I find very validating. 

And although we grew up in the same family, we did not have the same parenting, as my parents treated us differently. It was quite revealing to hear her memories of our father, for example. To listen to her, we had two different fathers. We pretty much had the same mother, though, but my brother had a completely different mother than either of us. So Michael's insight into that wounding and parenting as a root of her feelings for fuckface and the kind of 'protection' he falsely offers makes total sense to me. Michael's response to me validates my perceptions

and also makes it easier for me to deal with it on a day-to-day basis.

• LIKE/LOVE 10

Luciana Flora

I remembered one thing. Beyond the fear of being even a fragile little girl. There's something else.

I do not know if I came to comment on it here but my grandfather (father of my father) had serious psychological problems and got to internanado one time (he is already dead). I do not know details because my dad does not say much.

My father thought I looked like my grandfather so I got some comparisons with him. My dad seemed to worry if I would have a psychological crisis as well.

And it seems that over time I started to worry too.

Perhaps because of this, at first, when I started to get answers about myself the first thing I did was to check if I would not have some personality disorder. That was before I joined more spiritual groups.

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • SAD 3