Janet H

Quote option not working

Janet H

When I tried to highlight something to "quote" it in comments, it briefly highlighted and flashed that "quote this" phrase but then reverted to non-highlighted immediately. The quote banner disappeared at the same time.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Janet

@JanetH -- please see if this issue has been resolved since the latest site updates. 

Janet

No updates to this topic for awhile, but I have also noticed that the ability to quote content is missing -- sometimes but not always. I have not been able to pin down when it is available or not available, but definitely there is a quirk. If anyone can pin down the specific circumstances, it would go far to getting a resolution from support.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Uma

Next time it happens to me, I'll let you know where/when. The Quote function has been on and off for me too.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Wendy

I put in a ticket about this a while ago, and it seemed like it was resolved only to come back again.  I have noticed no rhyme or reason to when or where it happens.

Janet

For now please note that it appears the quote option is not available in blog entries. We do not know if this is something specific to blog entries that will not allow the quote option, or if it's a bug to be fixed. Troy is working with support. 

Wendy

I noticed today it worked to quote comments but not the main post.   This is the first time I noticed this and am reporting since Troy asked me to.

This was in the Working with Feelings post of DianeHB's yesterday.

Janet

The latest word is that blog entries intentionally cannot be quoted because they are so long. (Comments on blog entries DO have the quote option.)

While we disagree with the reasoning provided by support, it is what it is right now. 

You CAN manually quote content from blog entries. Follow these steps:

1. Copy and paste what you want to quote into a new comment.

2. Highlight what you just pasted.

3. Click on the quote ('') marks in the top line of the comment header (see image below; it's the icon that follows the U).

4. This will wrap the highlighted content with the quote box.

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 9.24.44 AM.png

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Luciana Flora

I do not know the reason. but on some blogs I can use the quote. In others not. Usually when I post I highlight what's in the bold post is because I could not use the quote. but it's like this from the start. Some I can and some I can not.