Michael Speaks - April 22, 2018 - THE CHOICE TO BE YOU

Bobby

• WARRIOR

This makes me very grateful to my previous Personalities and want to generously give to my future ones, once again opening up the whole range and spectrum of lives that already exist but have yet to be experienced. Mindblowing. Totally. I love this.

Reading the session and comments again, I realize I can give generously to my previous Personalities as well as feel grateful for my future ones. Both go both ways ❤️ I love this even more now.

• LIKE/LOVE 16
  • THANK YOU! 1

Yes, @Uma!   ....This is one of those sessions ? Thank you Michael, Troy and all the participants ❤️ 

You were, quite literally, created from you because you are your next best idea built upon eons of life and living.

You were born in the Astral to a family of caretakers who are all you and have given their best to this you as a creation. However, this is not based on expectations or pressure to fulfill anything. It is based in the act of giving. 

The "purpose" and meaning of every life continues long into centuries beyond a Personality's own life.

You are born with an ocean of possibilities contributed to you by "you" and it is up to you where and how you navigate from there.

You are born as a gift that will become a giver, as well. What you experience and create in your life are considered gifts to all involved, even when your experiences are harrowing and painful.

You are your most intimate family. You are the one out of the many.

Free yourself from the responsibility of what has happened TO YOU, and focus on what you can now bring to life FROM YOU. 

• LIKE/LOVE 20

Ah so the whole "Manifest Destiny!" is the cry of a newly awakened 4th Level Young Soul!

That makes so much sense. I'll have to update that in my description.

This helps me see the true innocence and strong focus that Young Souls have is quite beautiful too. 

I guess the Mature Soul puts the most emphasis into their personalities then. No wonder! The Mature Personality complicates, intensifies, dramatizes, resolves traumas etc. and so then does the Mature Essence Role complexify, intensify, dramatize, resolve traumas etc.

I couldn't help but laugh at this:
"We will say, however, that many Old Souls tend toward the pattern of life happening TO YOU because of their inherent and deeply profound trust and knowledge of their ultimate safety. They often think they can handle anything that comes their way because they "have seen it all," but that is never how it is experienced by the Personality waking up in that mess.

Variations on "What the fuck!" are common responses by the Personality waking up."

Many of my stories are of Old Souls living through the trial and error of the previous soul ages & waking up to their old soulness amidst sudden traumas and turning points.

I don't even write them with that intention. I might see & say said character is a Mature Soul, but then NOPE, I write them and they wake up to Old Soulness.

Funny how that works. I guess I like characters that reflect my current state of awareness.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 16
  • LOL 1

• ARTISAN

My blog entry Escalator to ... ? contains Michael's interpretation of a dream from December 2016 that prompted my request to Michael on how they would prefer to approach today's session. I thought it was a dream about death, but Michael said it was about my processes prior to my birth. 

There are references to the planning process for a new personality in my August 2016 session Life Between Lives. A follow-on to that session was Non-Incarnating Fragments, from January 2017, which includes information on the Council of Elders. The description of these fragments is not quite the same as what Michael mentioned within this session, but they did say that there is a hierarchy of these fragments -- now I'm curious to follow up on this. (By the way, a search for "Michael Newton" will turn up a number of sessions in which questions were asked about Newton's work.)

In a session from September 2016 that I never posted, I asked what my most recent personality (actress Alice Brady) contributed to the creation of my life. Here's the exchange with Michael:

MEntity: Her ideas contributed to the creation of this life were those of Movement. It was very important to her that the next life uphold creativity in movement, that frenetic movement be allowed, but not the default. Graceful, elegant, and refined movement was what she felt would help make for a most fulfilling lifetime.

Janet: Oh, now I feel like I’ve let her down. I love dancing but I let it go when financing grew tight.

MEntity: This is not limited to obvious states of movement such as dance, but expands into territories of handling stress, managing difficult people, choosing where Home is, communication styles, helping shape the patterns of other lives, exploring bigger patterns that expand across lives and space and time.

Janet: Oh that’s better then.

MEntity: Dance is "icing on the cake," but the "cake" is what matters most.

• LIKE/LOVE 21

This is the primary take away for me:

Free yourself from the responsibility of what has happened TO YOU, and focus on what you can now bring to life FROM YOU. This is the only meaningful solution to a life that you have not loved.

I hope that after being an active Michael student for not as long as many of you I will also love my life.  Yesterday, all I really could feel was the what the fuck - ness of it.  (But it did lead to feeling quite empowered too).  Knowing that even with all the choices, there is so much we can't control was helpful.  I have a series of session coming up next month and this information will definitely be informing my questions.  What's really been coming up for me in the past weeks is, "why did I make these seemingly bad/destructive/dumb/self-negating choices in this life?". There's obviously so much more to it than I am consciously aware of at this point!

• LIKE/LOVE 18
  • THANK YOU! 2

28 minutes ago, Wendy said:

I hope that after being an active Michael student for not as long as many of you I will also love my life.

I hear you on this. My personal take is sometimes i love my life and sometimes i hate my life, but it changes day to day. I think thats normal and i pretty much allow that in my life these days. Life isnt easy and i really try to give myself a break. Im trying my best and thats all i can do. 

• LIKE/LOVE 14
  • THANK YOU! 1

This is the most beautiful piece of channeling I have ever read, @Troy. I kept gasping out loud as I read it. As an Artisan, I feel this creative process viscerally. I'm amazed by what I've read here.

• LIKE/LOVE 12
  • THANK YOU! 3

• WARRIOR
3 hours ago, Wendy said:

What's really been coming up for me in the past weeks is, "why did I make these seemingly bad/destructive/dumb/self-negating choices in this life?". There's obviously so much more to it than I am consciously aware of at this point!

Well, look on the bright side... at least one version(parallel) of "you" was going to so why not you?  "Look what 'I' did, please, and thank you!"  ?

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • LOL 9

BTW, despite the low energy and need to sleep and cry, I have felt extraordinarily Present the past weeks. Everything feels very here-and-now, deeply real somehow, and I’m enjoying that. Even if it brings out old sadnesses or angers occasionally, yet I never lose my footing in the Now. Powerful, this Presence thingy!

• LIKE/LOVE 18
  • THANK YOU! 1

"You were, quite literally, created from you because you are your next best idea built upon eons of life and living."
This gave me me chills-my platform key phrase for this year was I AM MY OWN IDEA.

My next thought was, "Really, everyone? Were you drunk? Does this mean I'm the bodily manifestation of that cartoon showing a tire swing formed by committee, but on a soul level?"  ?

They often think they can handle anything that comes their way because they "have seen it all," but that is never how it is experienced by the Personality waking up in that mess.
Variations on "What the fuck!" are common responses by the Personality waking up.

WTF, indeed.  Do these pre-birth Personalities have Arrogance, too? ?

Edited by Juni
  • LIKE/LOVE 3
  • LOL 12
  • THANK YOU! 2

7 minutes ago, Bobby said:

They're all IDEALISTS!   ?

Ok, if they weren't already drunk, I've probably driven them to, then. ?
Them: "No, she's totally going to get it together...at some point...maybe right before she dies....*looks over at what I'm doing*
Them: "Ohhh, no." *pounds tequila*

( I know I'm being jokingly self-deprecating, I'm doing it for humours sake, don't @ me, pls :D )

Edited by Juni
  • LIKE/LOVE 1
  • LOL 12

• WARRIOR
15 minutes ago, Juni said:

Ok, if they weren't already drunk, I've probably driven them to, then. ?
Them: "No, she's totally going to get it together...at some point...maybe right before she dies....*looks over at what I'm doing*
Them: "Ohhh, no." *pounds tequila*

( I know I'm being jokingly self-deprecating, I'm doing it for humours sake, don't @ me, pls ? )

A not--so-cryptic message from Juni's Guides:  Go ahead... laugh at yourself.  We do!  ?

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • LOL 14

Pre-birth Personalities and Guides *We Want To Believe You Will Succeed* * *Build It, And He Will Come* 

You have a team of millions on your side. Millions of Drunks LOL

shows myself the door

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • LOL 9

23 hours ago, Bobby said:

Variations on "What the fuck!" are common responses by the Personality waking up.

That's putting it mildly!  Yeesh.  Talk about 'good intentions' gone horribly awry.

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • LOL 6
  • THANK YOU! 1

It's been a standing policy of mine to refuse to acknowledge any real separation between my personality and my Essence (or myself vs. my "higher self," or what have you).  In the same vein, I also prefer not to think of my other personalities as different from "me."  Makes things simple, keeps me aware of my agency in all this. 

If I have other personalities acting as guides, I wonder how this approach affects this personality's relationship to them...

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • THANK YOU! 1

I really resonate with the "Free yourself from the responsibility of what has happened TO YOU, and focus on what you can now bring to life FROM YOU" phrase. I have been told by the Ms that my Essence decided just to "wing it" this lifetime-  not set much direction other than a few key events.  Sometimes this makes me feel like Essence sees Personality as an avatar in an interactive computer game- let's see what he can throw at me- or where I can be tossed.  Can I figure a way out?  And a lot of the time I am pretty unhappy with the choices I made in this life, feeling so much was wasted and unproductive.  And then I get the faint message from Essence-  who I am sure is laughing-  "oh pleeeeze- stop the effing whining. You totally got this"  There is the sense of wanting to "win the game."  Seriously- what is the worst that can happen that I haven't already endured?  Pretty sure this is true for all of us.

Actually, I probably shouldn't ask that.  Essence might start to get more creative on me.

And another side note:  "It has been asked of us what the "Council of Elders" are as reported by Michael Newton and we have always said that these are merely guides, but they are often these particular Personalities who have opted never to be Physical."   OK- No.  I wouldn't see a doctor that didn't go to medical school.  I don't do guides that didn't tough it out on the physical plane with the rest of us. 

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • LOL 8

40 minutes ago, Kerrin said:

I really resonate with the "Free yourself from the responsibility of what has happened TO YOU, and focus on what you can now bring to life FROM YOU" phrase. .....

...I don't do guides that didn't tough it out on the physical plane with the rest of us. 

@Kerrin

Oh yes!

Also, I am trying to figure out how to not create more karma and to stay out of other people’s dramas.

• LIKE/LOVE 9
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, Kerrin said:

And another side note:  "It has been asked of us what the "Council of Elders" are as reported by Michael Newton and we have always said that these are merely guides, but they are often these particular Personalities who have opted never to be Physical."   OK- No.  I wouldn't see a doctor that didn't go to medical school.  I don't do guides that didn't tough it out on the physical plane with the rest of us. 

absolutely, @Kerrin. Who are they to "advise" us? I don't think so.

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • LOL 4

• WARRIOR
4 hours ago, AnnaD said:

absolutely, @Kerrin. Who are they to "advise" us? I don't think so.

Well, there are Universal Truths that any consciousness would be aware of and could be used as Guides.  Love is Love is Love no matter where it is or isn't occurring.  And I'm sure there are others ?

• LIKE/LOVE 8

@Bobby, yes, love is love is love, but there is no experience and love, and then there is intelligent and has had experience of the physical plane and is loving. As an earthling, I would be choosing "has had experience of planet earth as a sentient human being" guidance, rather than some discarnate, potentially useful, but logistically devoid of planet earth human experience non human, who is like a Scholar in its negative poles, speculating about how things are without having had any EXPERIENCE to test their theories out

It is like the difference between going to a witch doctor or a consultant in gastrointestinal for a small bowel obstruction. Id be seeing the guy who could give me a scope/nasogastric tube. Just sayin' ? I do err on the side of Has Had Experience as a Human on Planet Earth. The remainder are just wannabes. 

Edited by AnnaD
reasons bias towards those guides with human experience
  • LIKE/LOVE 2
  • LOL 1

I think that a newbie guide could probably take an entry-level job, like keeping you from leaving the house at a time when you'd get into an accident down the road, or maybe being the errand boy/girl between you and another personality you want to set up agreements with. We all gotta start somewhere. ? Also, I imagine it's much easier when one's not in a body to be aware of what the "higher" choices are that fit our life plans vs reactive choices that do more harm. 

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 4