Troy

ENERGY REPORT: May 2018

Connor

I've been tired all year. Last week I moved to a new place in a more liberal part of Philly, and my room is still full of boxes.

Sometimes I waste entire afternoons and evenings glued to the news, and a recent Supreme Court ruling has left me feeling like utter crap.

I've been working on a new writing project based on the Fall of Atlantis, and I'm thinking of adding a character who gets fed up with government-sponsored injustice and starts killing politicians. I think that would be a nice outlet.

Before 6am this morning I was dragged into Today by the blaring sirens of a tow truck crawling slowly down the street outside, and its driver was announcing via loudspeakers that everyone parked on my street was about to get towed.

I moved my car and could not fall back asleep.

My 2018 has a foul mood and a fouler mouth.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Becca the Student

I've been tired, too, and struggling through sorting out my anxiety and reestablishing Trust. The Supreme Court news certainly didn't help.

Funnily enough, though, my Intellectual Body must be in perfect health -- I've found it much easier to sort my thoughts. The past few years made me feel very muddled and unclear about how best to talk about social reform/equality in a way that will actually enact change and not just further alienate people (I know many good-hearted allies who feel bullied or unwelcome thanks to the phrasing going around in a lot of activist circles, and that kind of silencing has made me increasingly uncomfortable)... but the other week I think I just clicked into some broader, universal Truth about it all. It all seems so much simpler (and effortlessly kinder) to me than it used to -- and I'm much more certain about my opinions. It feels like we've forgotten how to navigate with kindness. Remembering brang me such relief. It's been nice to have some kind of personal growth amongst the mess of this year.

Edited by Becca the Student
fixing typos ;)
  • LIKE/LOVE 8

Christian

The last couple of days have been poor on sleep for me.

But things are coming to a head.

Trump announces he is above the law. Typical king in tyranny.

Yet the GOP is being stupid and the Dems are spineless.  

It feels like we are collectively holding our breath.

Economically, another collapse is coming. So, planning has begun to use what we have on hand to start gardening and taking it serious.

Oddly, there is strange sense of calm in the center.  Chaos spins around with many possibilities yet it is in the quiet of the drive or sitting with a pet that knows we will survive.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Sam K

I follow a Western astrologer, a Vedic astrologer, a tarot reader, an intuitive, and a channel.  All of them independently concur about the period we're going through energetically and what we're moving toward over the next month.  That's never happened before, as far as I'm aware.  Makes sense, though, what with the bubble and all.

Edited by Sam K
  • LIKE/LOVE 7
  • WHAT? 3

KurtisM
22 minutes ago, Sam K said:

I follow a Western astrologer, a Vedic astrologer, a tarot reader, an intuitive, and a channel.  All of them independently concur about the period we're going through energetically and what we're moving toward over the next month.  That's never happened before, as far as I'm aware.  Makes sense, though, what with the bubble and all.

Agreed, everyone I follow has been repeatedly speaking up about how the world is changing, and will no longer be the same as it has been.

Many people who are not involved in spiritual affairs are also talking about how world events have been getting them down- and how they need to take breaks from social media.

They also all concur that the only way we can change the world is through the power of action- doing things & doing life differently than our routines and traditions tell us.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Sam K
49 minutes ago, KurtisM said:

Agreed, everyone I follow has been repeatedly speaking up about how the world is changing, and will no longer be the same as it has been.

Many people who are not involved in spiritual affairs are also talking about how world events have been getting them down- and how they need to take breaks from social media.

They also all concur that the only way we can change the world is through the power of action- doing things & doing life differently than our routines and traditions tell us.

Indeed.  Specifically, my sources all say that we're in a period of building tension/stress/fatigue, and that sometime in mid- to late June we'll see an event or timeframe where the tension starts to release.  What outward shape that takes is up in the air, but the economy has come up more than once.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Wendy
2 hours ago, KurtisM said:

Also many who are.  It's not one or the other.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Eric

I narrowed life way down over the years, perhaps overly so, and I tend not to follow much on the larger, political stages. I can't say any particular news event or situation has a hand in the fatigue, anxiety, etc. that I've experienced; it mostly seems to come from my own processes and having to face and digest my own issues. So it's hard to tell if I'm really tapping into any of the energy mentioned or just schlepping through my own stuff in a vague attempt at growth.

But some sources I have followed over time have long mentioned rough times ahead, so it wouldn't be too surprising if lids started to blow over the next couple of years. Just hope I can navigate things in my own sphere as they come.

Edited by Eric
  • LIKE/LOVE 6

Sam K

I suppose I should mention that my sources haven't mentioned anything catastrophic on the horizon, at least not in the timeframe in question.  Disruption and turbulence, yes, but not collapse of civilization/the nation/whatever.  The tarot reader specifically forecast a serious economic downturn/recession, but not on the level of the 2008 collapse. 

Even Michael, iirc, made sure to clarify that whatever disruption occurs will not be as terrible or insurmountable as we may anticipate.  So, y'know, no need for panic or what-not, just gotta keep our eyes open.

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Christian
12 hours ago, Sam K said:

I suppose I should mention that my sources haven't mentioned anything catastrophic on the horizon, at least not in the timeframe in question.  Disruption and turbulence, yes, but not collapse of civilization/the nation/whatever.  The tarot reader specifically forecast a serious economic downturn/recession, but not on the level of the 2008 collapse. 

There could be some truth to that.  The damage has been done to the middle and lower economic classes already.

There isn't much more to take.  The image that comes to mind in a corpse picked clean.

So, this could affect the rich far more.  However, economic collapse is not evenly distributed.  Some places will be hit harder than others and that is where the tension could reside.

I feel this will test just how much those of us who talk the talk will really show compassion for those who have been spewing hate for the last few years.

If those communities are hurt more than those of us in bluer states, are we truly going to push for reforms that will help them with taxes even with the hate?

Or will we give in to anger and vengence like they have.

Given the level of seemingly mutual anger...it seems unclear.

Troy
22 hours ago, Connor said:

Sometimes I waste entire afternoons and evenings glued to the news, and a recent Supreme Court ruling has left me feeling like utter crap

This took me down for an entire day. The emotional and psychological blows that a ruling like this deals to a group of marginalized people is more devastating than can be imagined. It represents the underpinning of our safety in our own country and when it rules that you are not worthy of existence, it takes a toll. It is easy to separate this ruling from the truth of our meaning and value in our own hearts and minds, but knowing that you now have a country emboldened to continue the assault against your existence is extremely painful. I have to focus very hard on the good that is evolving out of us as a people and I do my best to keep things like this from defining the experience of my existence. But the reason it isn't so easy is that the reality of our existence isn't only dictated by how we feel about ourselves. We have to bump into people in the world who violently remind us that we should know our place (at best) and or be destroyed. And this is just the LGBTQI community. There are intersections of women and people of color who are already suffering the violent oppression that this fake president has amplified for all of us. It's too much. And this is nowhere near as bad as it could get. 

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • SAD 8

Lynn Hallam

Troy (and maybe others), please take heart. Monday's Supreme Court ruling was a very narrow ruling that simply said the baker had not been treated fairly by the Colorado Civil Rights commission when it ruled against the baker. It was NOT a blanket "you don't have to (insert service here) if you don't like gays."

"...in a limited decision that leaves for another day the larger issue of whether a business can invoke religious objections to refuse service to gay and lesbian people." (Chicago Tribune) They threw that back down to the lower court, which agreed with the Commission that the couple had been discriminated against based on sexual orientation, illegal in Colorado. Unfortunately, the Supreme Ct thought that one of the commissioners was snarky about the 'religion exception' the baker was asking for.

Look there are clearly still hurdles to overcome and the Supreme Court will hear other similar cases. But this:

"Justice Anthony Kennedy said in his majority opinion that the larger issue "must await further elaboration" in the courts. Appeals in similar cases are pending, including one at the Supreme Court from a florist who didn't want to provide flowers for a same-sex wedding.

The disputes, Kennedy wrote, "must be resolved with tolerance, without undue disrespect to sincere religious beliefs, and without subjecting gay persons to indignities when they seek goods and services in an open market."

And the ACLU:

The American Civil Liberties Union, which represented the couple in its legal fight, said it was pleased the court did not endorse a broad religion-based exemption from anti-discrimination laws.

"We read this decision as a reaffirmation of the court's longstanding commitment to civil rights protections and the reality that the states have the power to protect everyone in America from discrimination, including lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people," said James Esseks, director of the ACLU LGBT & HIV Project.

Article here: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-supreme-court-wedding-cake-ruling-20180604-story.html

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU 1

Troy
1 hour ago, Lynn Hallam said:

Troy (and maybe others), please take heart. Monday's Supreme Court ruling was a very narrow ruling that simply said the baker had not been treated fairly by the Colorado Civil Rights commission when it ruled against the baker. It was NOT a blanket "you don't have to (insert service here) if you don't like gays."

Thank you for that. I'm fully aware of what the ruling was and what it actually means, but it's about more than this. It's about the fact that it was ever up for debate in the first place. It's about the fact that the court ruled that Colorado was treating the bigots unfairly, but completely omitted the humanity of the people being discriminated against. It was about the court ruling that it was more important to protect White Supremacist ideology over the lives of actual human beings being targeted by hate. It's about the fact that people in powerful positions are describing this as a win for the Religious bigots and those bigots are further emboldened. It doesn't matter that they might be discriminating illegally. That never matters when you are standing there face to face just trying to buy something and you are met with threat, violence, hatred, and insult against your very existence. It only matters a very little bit that it was "narrow" or that it wasn't directly removing our Rights. It was about everything that the whole thing implies and perpetuates.

Here is a great set of tweets from someone who captures the reality of the matter.

IT’S NOT ABOUT THE FUCKING CAKE

“It's about the next LGBTQ person that wants to go to a hospital, or eat in a restaurant, or rent a hotel room, or bury their loved one, that is told by some fucking bigot to go elsewhere.

“It's about every LGBTQ that lives somewhere that doesn't have an alternative business to support.

“It's about every LGBTQ person who doesn't have the money to go to court.

“It's about every self-proclaimed ally popping up with a hot take on how "narrow" the decision and that "[the court] technically agrees" [with protecting LGBTQ] when they clearly have no fucking clue how bigotry works.

“How it doesn't matter what the SCOTUS says, it matters what bigots hear.

“It's about how this is not the end of it.

"How next will be the right for teachers to erase LGBTQ people from their curriculum. And then how businesses don't have to hire people if they have a lifestyle they don't agree with.

“It keeps going until all civil protections are stripped.

“Guess what happens after that.

“They want us all dead. Simple and plain.

“The very existence of anyone who doesn't adhere to their version of gender and sexuality is an existential threat to them.

“We all must die, so they don't have to think or feel what gender and sex and family mean to them outside of what they were taught as children in Sunday School.

“I'm not interested in compromise. I don't want to hear their side of it. I am very familiar already. It's the side that my gym teacher stood on in 7th grade as the guy I had a crush on beat the shit out of the one OUT kid at school.

“It's the blanket of polite silence that surrounds every violent act.

“Anyway. Happy Pride y'all. If any brands out there really want to kick their rainbow-washing up a notch, quit selling flour to these bigots.”

- Geoff Kagan-Trenchard

• LIKE/LOVE 13
  • SAD 2

Lynn Hallam

Great response, Troy. Thanks. Honestly, my heart breaks about this and no, I cannot really imagine being faced with that vitriol. I'm sure it would devastate me and be something I would carry around until death. My grandson came out at 12 and a year later was at the mercy of a gang of haters at school. He's now hiding himself in another high school, waiting for college or whatever could possibly make him feel safe. It's heartbreaking to watch someone live this way. I cannot even conceive of living like this. Your courage is astounding at what you are willing to face.

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU 1

Troy

So begins the effects of the Supreme Court ruling that protected White Supremacist ideology... 

A gym canceled an LGBTQ workout, citing religion. Now members & staff are quitting.

ALEX BOLLINGER · WEDNESDAY, JUNE 6, 2018

“Brandon Lowe, the general manager of Crossfit Infiltrate, told Nix that the gym was for “total health,” and that Pride prevents people from seeing themselves “as God truly defines them to be.”

So they eliminated a health program for gay people and then he goes on to say...

“The gym never has and never will be anything but welcoming to all human beings who live, move and breathe in God’s world.”

• SAD 1
  • ANGRY 10

Christian
43 minutes ago, Troy said:

“The gym never has and never will be anything but welcoming to all human beings who live, move and breathe in God’s world.”

and he will quickly find that there are not enough of those people to keep his business afloat. 

Thus, sayeth the market

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • LOL 1

Sam K

Call me crazy, but I can't help but suspect that he wouldn't have had such a problem with "pride" if it weren't being displayed by LGBT people.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Ingun
On 5/2/2018 at 2:58 PM, Troy said:

For those who feel more like “sitting this one out” and are having a difficult time feeling motivated, present, and empowered, it may be helpful to do just that. Putting pressure on you to be more productive, more motivated, etc. while overwhelmed can be counterproductive. What you can do, instead, is included in every day a gentle invitation to DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT. It does not have to be complicated or deeply meaningful, but do something to break the pattern of that particular day. If it was a busy day, let yourself rest. If it is a day of mental fog and exhaustion, go for a short walk or dance in your chair to good music for 5 minutes. Always consider yourself worth an invitation to be a part of life. This goes a long way in keeping you from spiraling into overwhelm but allows you to honor your various processes happening. They will pass at some point, but while you are in them, you can navigate them with more pleasure.

I'm bouncing between feeling empowered and a bit overwhelmed, and feeling a bit tired this last week or so. Except from that, I've had a very good time all the way since February. Today is like I have a mental fog. I'm changing my habits and trying to go earlier to bed and it's been such a sloooooow process that I laugh about it. Reading the above is good support for now, and today I will get to bed at 9pm and give myself more needed rest and sleep. There is just too much work going on inside and on all levels at the moment.

Edited by Ingun
  • LIKE/LOVE 11

Nadine

I'm so ready for a divergence... I've had energy ups and downs the whole month, wavering between exhaustion and anxiety. I'm so done with this. Make. It. Stop.

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • THANK YOU 2

Diane

Yes, I am feeling really exhausted too.  Yesterday, June 7 was particularly challenging.

• LIKE/LOVE 9
  • THANK YOU 1

KurtisM

Oh I'm with you guys.

I've had this up and down energy since March.

Yesterday I hit an angry nerve ending & I was so ready to violently  explode & oppose others for the desperation and suppression I was feeling.

The anger was sbout a lifetime's worth of denying myself the right to speak the truth & express myself.

So much buried resentment...

• LIKE/LOVE 10

Joanne

I can chime in on this feeling too! I have been so insanely frustrated for weeks now, that I had to reach out to my niece Dawn😇, again, for some balance and centering advice!!

The people in my small circle in my life (Server) live like nothing peculiar is going on!!

The Political Scene - absent. 

The Economic Scene - clueless. 

The Divisiveness Scene - ostrich head in the sand.

This Hatred Amongst Our Fellow Americans Scene - really, I don't know what you're talking about.

This Utterly Inhumane Way of Treating Refugees - not even on their radar. 

This Idiotic/Moronic Trump Scene -  idk/this is what this country needs to do.

WTF is happening here!!!

Thank you to Maureen for reposting the session on being awake and the inability to not disturb people. Came up just at the right time for me!

Dawn, thank you again for helping Aunt Joanne to make sense out of nonsense!!! That is my weakest attribute. Even with the MT I struggle with people who seem incapable of being KIND!!!😥

Edited by Joanne
  • LIKE/LOVE 9
  • THANK YOU 1

Leela Corman

Okay NOW I'm ready for some big energy bursts, or something! Feeling some things, in my personal life...need some movement!

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Michèle

I think parallels either merged or diverged on Monday / this week - I never have headaches but on Monday I felt piercing pain in the middle of my forehead going all the way to the back - I would say Third Eye - that in the past has coincided with movements of parallels (usually divergence). I also lost a day this week - until Wednesday evening I didn't know what day it was. Stuff is happening ... 

• LIKE/LOVE 3