RachelL

Rachel - RELATIONSHIPS

RachelL

YOUR PLATFORM for 2018 - 2019:  RELATIONSHIPS

DESCRIPTION: This Platform Cycle looks to be all about your Essence getting involved directly in your relationships and learning all about where you are in relation to others in your life. There are times when the Platform Cycle is not just about a broad concept of exploration, but is about a broad area of the life. In your case, Essence is interested in what you are getting out of your relationships and what you are giving to your relationships. If you are on board with this and Manifesting Essence over this Platform Cycle, it would likely mean that a deep affection and gratitude moves through you and adds a new depth to the best and worst of your relationships as you begin to look at them through the eyes of your soul. This is not about seeing the best in someone who is harmful as a way to excuse their behavior, but about seeing them as representing only themselves, and not representing you. This is not about seeing the best in someone who is beneficial to your life, but about seeing that they also only represent themselves and the benefit is a gift. It is about seeing yourself as part of a giant gift exchange of life.

KEY PHRASE: YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL

As someone who is socially-avoidant in daily life, I wonder how this will go.... LOL

• LIKE/LOVE 23
  • LOL 1

RachelL

And my apologies to those at the Platform Party for not revealing my identity.... Need to stop hiding around others LOL

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • LOL 2

Wendy
13 hours ago, RachelL said:

It is about seeing yourself as part of a giant gift exchange of life

I love love love this!

• LIKE/LOVE 6

RachelL

Just wanted to put some thoughts down about a development regarding this platform. I feel like I am on the precipice of entering into my first romantic relationship but I think I am probably going to back out at any minute LOL.  This guy I met in college has gotten back in contact with me and he is way too eager. He is already talking about getting me a flight to see him - I'm like, "BOY hold up!" ?   I already have this feeling that this is not going to work. I think he has fallen in love with the idea he has of me in his head. He also seems desperate for someone to share intimate pictures with - sorry, not my cup of tea, better go to Tinder for that ? Hopefully having a video call with him will snap him back to reality. As much as I feel pressure to be attractive, I am not going to change myself to appeal to someone else. This is probably going to fizzle out quickly, but I think it will be a good exercise in setting boundaries and remaining true to who I am. 

• LIKE/LOVE 17

Bobby
8 hours ago, RachelL said:

This guy I met in college has gotten back in contact with me and he is way too eager. He is already talking about getting me a flight to see him - I'm like, "BOY hold up!" ?   

Hoo boy!  Yeah, even if I were going to go along with that I'd want to maintain control of ALL of my travel and stay plans in case it turned out to be something I totally was not into.  That way, you have the ability to travel and lodge at your own discrepancy and not at the whims of someone else.  Definitely be careful and establish clear boundaries.

• LIKE/LOVE 12

RachelL

Thanks, @Bobby, that is good advice. I am going to try my best to keep my wits about me and not let myself be 'swept off my feet' by this whirlwind. I appreciate the supportive people in this community who provide a safe space in which to share things.

Edited by RachelL
  • LIKE/LOVE 8

RachelL

Some relationships serve to show that one deserves better. That is what I have learned from the aforementioned guy to whom I should not have given so many chances. Immature, too focused on physical appearance, earnings, etc. I realized that it is OK to cut toxic people out of your life; it only makes more space for the relationships that better serve you. As the popular songs says, "Thank you, next!" 😄

• LIKE/LOVE 12
  • THANK YOU! 1

ClaireC
On 12/21/2018 at 6:03 PM, RachelL said:

Some relationships serve to show that one deserves better. That is what I have learned from the aforementioned guy to whom I should not have given so many chances. Immature, too focused on physical appearance, earnings, etc. I realized that it is OK to cut toxic people out of your life; it only makes more space for the relationships that better serve you. As the popular songs says, "Thank you, next!" 😄

Exactly!  And this bit, Rachel, from my QRQP, "It is important to understand that all relationships are designed to help you learn more about yourself, regardless of your intentions and needs and wants.  If you see True Love in another, you will find it in yourself." ~ Michael

Edited by ClaireC
  • LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 2

Ingun
9 hours ago, ClaireC said:

Exactly!  And this bit, Rachel, from my QRQP, "It is important to understand that all relationships are designed to help you learn more about yourself, regardless of your intentions and needs and wants.  If you see True Love in another, you will find it in yourself." ~ Michael

SO beautiful.

I remember hearing Aurora in an interview saying something like; if I just love everything around me - it will be easy to love myself also.

• LIKE/LOVE 4