Julius Paštukas

Accidents as internal tension relief?

Question

Julius Paštukas

I am recovering from a rather bizarre bicycle fall due to a torn break wire. There have been some intensive things going on in past weeks and I remember repeatedly having injuries after tensions in the past.

As an Artisan i would like to ask my role fellows, have they ever encountered such a phenomenon of physical bruising of any kind after extended periods of intensive work exclusively focused on a single input - the "here and now", without escaping to the other four inputs, which is so foreign to our kind. I have noticed that such unnatural Action-like focused energy on a daily basis somehow preconditions for a physical relief of some kind, which manifests in a form of bodily bruising or injury.

I wonder what would be the internal mechanics of such relationship, if it is a real deal and not some coincidence..

Edited by Julius Paštukas
  • LIKE/LOVE 9

7 answers to this question

Julius Paštukas

Or is it Self Destruction or my Martyrdom in play?

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Jana

I'm not sure how it relates to inputs (or if it does), but I can also see accidents as manifestations of something or another (just like diseases). And I don't think it's something specific to Artisans. If you feel it's a result or manifestation of something that was previously happening internally, I think you are probably right. Interestingly timed question for me, I have managed to crack a rib or two yesterday in a rather bizarre accident.

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • WHAT/WOW! 2

Connor

I definitely think accidents can arise as a result of patterns of choices. I had a bike accident last summer because I was in a hurry.

I had no good reason to be in a hurry, I was actually on my way back home from work, so there was no deadline I was rushing to meet. When an approaching traffic light started to change, I could not stand the thought of having to give up my well-earned forward momentum, so I accelerated through the light, and my increased speed meant my turn radius was too wide, sending me plowing into the back of a car parked on the side of the street, which thankfully no one seemed to witness.

After the accident, when I had no choice but to take a breath and relax, I could see how I'd actually been 'in a hurry' for the past few months leading up to it, and how if I'd taken a moment at any point during those few months to slow down and be more present with myself, perhaps I would have been less likely to make that snap judgment to try and beat the traffic light.

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • WHAT/WOW! 1

DianeHB

This transcript touches on a lot of what you're asking. Accidents are one of four ways wounding can be implemented, and is associated with the expression axis. There are also 7 types of wounding, and it sounds like your bike accident caused an Impact wound, which is an action axis wounding. I also agree with Connor that a lot of traffic accidents tend to be cause by impatience, whether the person has it as their CF or not. 

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 4

ClaireC
2 hours ago, Jana said:

I have managed to crack a rib or two yesterday in a rather bizarre accident.

@Jana Ouch! ? That's so painful...I hope you heal quickly.  ❤️

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Eric

This is a very interestingly-timed discussion, as I just had an auto incident/accident yesterday. It was a quick sequence of very unfortunate events involving unfamiliar streets and poor reactions and felt like a bad dream come to life. Luckily it was mostly a fender-bender with no one hurt. I've hardly ever had any auto incidents/accidents though, so I was pretty shaken and ashamed by it. While not really a wounding in the literal sense of having hurt my body, I can still see how Martyrdom/Impatience probably played a role in this event. Looking back on the dreams I've had that were similar, I definitely know those were rooted in some sense of losing control, so this doesn't seem too much of a stretch of this being a physical embodiment of that. If there's a message in there, it's probably something about being present and attentive and not being confused/distracted/derailed by what's around or behind me. Strangely, despite the circumstances, I feel better today than I have many other days recently, so maybe there is something to it being a release or potential spur for re-calibration of some sort.

Anyway, hope everyone recovers from their various wounding.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

AnnaD

@Julius Paštukas, also, does this sort of "relief valve accident" happen more in months without nexuses (is that a word, what I am trying to say is plural nexus)? How to achieve this release of stress without injuring oneself?

• LIKE/LOVE 5