KurtisM

Kurt's Platform- Grief

KurtisM

YOUR PLATFORM for 2018 - 2019:  GRIEF

DESCRIPTION: This Platform Cycle looks to be one where Essence is exploring all of the Grief that has been stored within you since birth. It is vital for Essence to help remove this from you and your Body as you mature and grow into positions of mobility and power and self-reliance.

Grief is the process of reconciling unavoidable and unexpected truths with what you thought was true or what you wish to be true. It is a process of waking up to those unexpected truths and integrating these in ways that can be empowering rather than debilitating.

This is a cycle where you will likely unpack several layers of Grief, some of which will have no context any longer and seem to come “out of nowhere,” but these are layers of you that you promised to return to and heal and care for when you were stronger.

You are stronger now. You are more alive and awake. You are more YOU. And now you have a better idea of how to make sense of difficult truths, or at least how to let those truths be acknowledged and okay even as you may need more time to make sense of them.

KEY PHRASE: I AM THE UNEXPECTED TRUTH

(This Platform Theme was unexpected, as I thought it would be about IMPLEMENTATION.

But as I read it excitedly, I shed tears because I never realized how much grief I am going through for my own & the world's past, present and future.

I can immediately validate the theme, but will need more time to settle into it.

If anyone else has stuff to share on Grief and how they have processed it, I'd very much appreciate it.

I asked my Essence how I could participate more in this platform and they gave 2 Suggestions.

Firstly, I can approach Grief through my Energy Ratio- by either committing to focusing on just one thing to grieve each day. Or allowing the day to organically and creatively bring about various layers of grief.

Secondly, I can split how I approach Grief into the 4 Axis. The Inspirational Facet seeks the Revelation/Awareness of grief and all the ways I feel about it. The Active Facet seeks to Care for Myself, Others and the World as I grieve. The Expressive Facet seeks to Translate/Communicate the grief somehow. And the Assimilative Facet seeks to know the Core/Essential Truth of the grief.

They also said that if anything becomes overwhelming- focusing on my 9 Pillars will be key to returning calm and vitality.

Big thanks to Troy for this gift. ?

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 20

Bobby

Kurtis do you feel that a Platform of Grief may at all align with a completion of the 3rd IM perhaps?  I wouldn't be surprised if any of us choose that Platform during likely IM completions such as the 3rd and/or 4th since it is there where major truths are accepted and understood.

• LIKE/LOVE 12

Uma

@KurtisM Check out what Michael told @Maureen yesterday. 

Also, I notice that last Monday you posted about sadness, so maybe that's what you were feeling? I find this Platform strangely comforting. I'm glad it makes sense to you.

• LIKE/LOVE 10

KurtisM

@Bobby. Possibly? I finished my 3rd IM in late 2016 after I got a job and driver's liscense. I imagine my platform was TRUST that year. I had to trust my self as I went through my Turning Point.

Then in 2017, I think my platform was REALIZATION. So, GRIEF following after that would make sense, as all my insights have led me to understand my self and my history anew, including the most painful parts.

Since you brought it up, I am thinking that my 2019/20 platform is shaping up to be TRUE INDEPENDENCE. As it aligns with my choice of what school I want to go to & the adult responsibilities involved in living on my own/paying for my own- as well as the continuation of my aspirations- and it closes with the onset of my 4th IM in early 2020.

Afterwards, I can't predict platform themes anymore. Though I imagine THRUST, ACTIVISM and KNOWLEDGE/SHARING may show up in the 2020s with my current trajectory.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

KurtisM

@Uma. Yeah, when I read that I thought it was such a synchronicity.

I'll look up grief on this site and see what I can find too. I know that each of the Body Types process grief differently for starters.

Yeah for the last few months I have been more aware of my emotions, especially the surges of anger & troughs of sadness.

I am glad to know that neither is bad though, as anger tells us how we can create from helplessness- and sadness tells us how we can empathize with unexpected changes in/around us.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Patty

Goodness, Kurtis, that platform sounds challenging, but I’m glad you’re up for it! I imagine it will be a relief to let go of whatever grief you’ve been collecting over the years. Good luck!

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU! 1

DianeHB

Aww, Kurtis. This makes a lot of sense given what you've been posting recently. I know it doesn't sound like the most glamorous platform and probably isn't "fun" to go through, but I have to tell you facing grief head on is always better than avoiding it. And you'll feel so much clearer and more compassionate and more grateful for life after getting through it -- not saying you're not already, but it is always possible to go deeper and become more awake. Much love to you. ❤️

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • THANK YOU! 1

Ingun

@KurtisM After having processed your truths you will recover and heal by the 12 steps or the 12 Components of Healing.

@Christian I know there was a session where you asked Michael to elaborate on recovery from grief...

Maybe you would like to share it since it was nothing private in it as far as I am aware of?

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 1

Christian

On mobile...

Will search for when I can get to my PC.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Christian

this was the one I asked about the process of grief. 

Edited by Christian
  • LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 1

Ingun
2 minutes ago, Christian said:

@Christian This is not the one I was thinking about. It's the one where they elaborate on the recovery through the 12 steps of Healing...

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Christian

I thought I had shared in on the site...but a search is not pulling it up.  

I will have to dig a bit deeper.   

• LIKE/LOVE 2

KurtisM

So far regarding this theme, I have cried every single day either inexplicably or because some new realization comes up.

It's really weird tbh because before I only cried once or twice a year.

I however have also not felt great- I have been chronically exhausted and I think it's because I feel so restricted in my right to express myself.

I don't feel I can speak up about my values because they involve reconciling my aspirations & efforts toward self-confident existence- with the choices others are making that they don't realize are harmful, or are contributing to the exact systems that keep us stuck in our inefficient paradigm/economy.

And I really don't know how to communicate such an amorphous form of grief to people that don't understand why I'm sad, or can't comprehend how the things I'm sad about are getting me down. It sucks.

It is difficult to carry it all because now I want to contribute and am trying to improve my self-value so that I'm not afraid of showing up & taking risks- but I also want to escape and I have realized how many times I've tried to retreat.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 6

Ingun

The Body needs it's time for healing.... and even though grieving is painful it is also so very beautiful, just a tears are.

The intellect wants to understand it all and be ahead of everything, but no way it can while the Body is grieving layers of old....

I think it's helpful to surrender to the grieving and Trust the Body now has it's own agenda and knows how to deal with this, and how to heal.

Don't put too much pressure onto yourself or high expectations during this... let yourself soften all over.

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 2

KurtisM

@Ingun, here's the Healing Components page you were thinking of:

It seems I am healing 2 Things at the same time: "Suppression of Communication" and "Grief".

One is more external & the other more internal. I find that interesting.

I will need to think on this & perhaps map out the components for myself.

I watched a video by someone on how to disappoint people & live your own life- and the message they gave was that relationship pain can be healed when you remember the other(s) reflects parts of you that are in conflict within; as if you weren't conflicted with yourself, you wouldn't be in conflict with another.

They also said that healing can come when you choose what is of benefit to both/all parties in the long-term- rather than focus so much on the short-term symptoms.

This reminded me of 2 Things:

In the Mature Soul Age, the Ms say the drama of -Projection is best resolved when the focus shifts from "so long as it harm none" to "so long as it benefit any".

The 5th Level of the Need for Acceptance is Causal/Intentional Love- which is the embrace of one's choices as being beautiful & loving when one remembers the intention behind it, rather than only focuses on the pain.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

KurtisM

@Ingun

Oh? That's weird cause the forum i linked gave 12 stages/components...

I wonder what you're thinking of?

Christian

I am sorry @Ingun but I am not finding it. 

I kept meaning to get the ning stuff moved over and kept putting it off...then it was to late.  

I checked through the emails and copies of things I have, but it's not there.  Sorry.