SusanVirginia

Michaels and money

SusanVirginia

I am very interested to know what the ME has said or has to say about the money system on Earth.  I have struggled with accepting this system my whole life, knowing that the earth cannot truly be bought or sold, or carved into sections (countries) except perceptually.  I'm just really curious, because I could stand to expand my perspective on this.  

• LIKE/LOVE 7

John Roth

I'm not sure I should comment on this, but there was a comment from Michael via JP vanHulle a number of years ago that said they considered the invention of money to be a mistake. I don't remember the context especially, but you might be able to find it in the Legacy of JP vanHulle books.

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU 1

SusanVirginia

Thank you, John.  That doesn't sound much like ME to me as my experience has been that they deal with what is rather than what ought not be.  But I really do appreciate your response.  

• LIKE/LOVE 2

DianeHB

I don't remember Michael through Troy going on at any length about money, but in general they consider it a "tangible form of energy" and part of living in our current Young-soul paradigm. As we move into the Mature soul paradigm, we will be transitioning (in the next 25-75 years) into a resource-based economy (as opposed to debt-based economy, which is what capitalism is) that is more about managing actual resources rather than using money as a medium of distribution. I don't have a lot of time to search for various places where Michael mentions this, but if you search for "resource-based economy" or "debt-based economy" or "century of debt" or "century of choice" or "Jacques Fresco", you should be able to find information on this topic.

If you'd like to understand the history of money and how it has worked for us in the past, I highly recommend the book Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harrari. That book is quite Michael-esque and has great insights into the collective fictions (one of which is money) we use to organize society.

• LIKE/LOVE 13
  • THANK YOU 1

SusanVirginia

Oh great I’ll probably be dead by the time we transition😂. Jk. Thanks for this, Diane, will use what you mentioned to dig deeper. 🙏. I guess though since It looks like I’ll pretty much only be around for capitalism, I would love some tips from ME on dealing with it better!  Probably a session with Troy at some point. 

• LIKE/LOVE 4

ckaricai

I hate money. I hate the pursuit of it. I hate that we have to have it. I hate how much time we spend wasting our lives on getting it. I hate the systems in place that dictates who gets to have it, and I hate that our society places so much value on having it. I can totally understand how it would be a system of energy transfer, or a tangible form of energy. It just sucks. 

• LIKE/LOVE 12

DianeHB

Here’s a transcript I found on Choice Economy. 

Here’s a transcript on how Old souls can make money in a Young soul paradigm. 

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU 2

Wendy

So can anyone give us a lesson on young soul packaging??? 

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • LOL 1

KurtisM
1 hour ago, Wendy said:

I have read before that Young Souls like to buy and buy into whatever (or whomever) is romanticized, glamorized and exceedingly popular.

In other words, what awesome experience can your product give them?

What is so exceedingly unique about your product that no competitor can possibly reach?

What does your demographic want to hear the most? Think about what the pinnacle sensation or reward will be for them, then let that be the focus of the captivation.

Another important one is to state how easy and accessible your product/brand is. When and where can one get it right now?

The young soul world wants immediacy because they live in the here and now & have no business thinking about consequences or comprehension- they're focusing all their efforts on being as physical, separate and choosing what they want to have as a representation of how successful they are.

I guess that's another one. Talking about the successes of your product/brand and especially for today's generation: the story behind it (and sometimes a catering to whatever trends are becoming highlighted in culture, like lgbtq is right now as an example.)

Basically, what do you have to offer them?

You've got me thinking now about how the Mature Soul Age will advertise products. Will reflect on that.

Since we're in the Mature Soul paradigm now, that will begin to unfold.

I think it starts with being sensitive and more conscious about what the consumer doesn't want to experience and empathizing with their values and stories.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 10

Kasia
2 hours ago, Wendy said:

@KurtisM gave a pretty excellent and comprehensive overview of this. I'll add that most available marketing tools and methods tend to highlight Young Soul values. This is where sex, status, and exclusivity tend to reign supreme. In a quite literal sense, think of how high-end products are designed and packaged. Even the wrapping feels expensive and the stores, exclusive.

Where I see Mature values coming into play already is in the increasing trends of brand activism, wherein brands will use their ads to showcase support for specific social issues that have gained mainstream support (Super Bowl ads are an excellent way to track the current trends). However, since it's a mixed bag of Soul Ages right now, I'm fairly certain that the moment a social cause is no longer "trendy" and beneficial in a business sense, brands will drop it in favor of something that is. I've worked in the marketing/advertising worlds and as far as my experience goes, brands will only spend money if they can see measurable increases to their bottom line. Consumers also tend to do this. If there's no social benefit to supporting a cause (compliments, status, etc) or the cause is no longer "trendy", they tend to move on to whatever is. These are the ingrained Young Soul values.

The advantage of this system is that consumers actually have much more power than they realise, and can influence what companies put out by making more informed choices about what they spend money on. I think the advertising tide will turn as more and more people demand better/more ethical products, and we're already starting to see that with the rise of organic/vegan foods (both of which have an incredibly high profit margin), 1-for-1 businesses (like Toms Shoes, though there's another set of problems with this model) and more businesses certifying as B Corps whose stated mission is to put a business' social impact on par with their financial gains. It may not always look like it because of the growing pains, but things are definitely shifting in the direction of more Mature thinking. 

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • THANK YOU 1

Amira Sa'Di
2 hours ago, KurtisM said:

You've got me thinking now about how the Mature Soul Age will advertise products. Will reflect on that.

Since we're in the Mature Soul paradigm now, that will begin to unfold.

I think it starts with being sensitive and more conscious about what the consumer doesn't want to experience and empathizing with their values and stories.

I daresay that "Mature Soul Marketing" would be easier for me to pull off because the Young Soul paradigm leaves a rather bad taste in my mouth. Even though I know I've been there, I'm just so damned frustrated with the "hostile takeover" that is Western Civilization, I find it hard to embrace the "needs" of the Young Souls without resentment. I mean, who really NEEDS a $300 pair of shoes? Especially when the garment workers in Indonesia somewhere who slaved over the production of those shoes probably don't see $300 in a whole month!! Grrr!! 

Sigh......I'm working on it, though, because I don't want to be forced to choose between shelter, transportation, and healthcare for the rest of my life!

God help us all......

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU 1

KurtisM
1 hour ago, Amira Sa'Di said:

I daresay that "Mature Soul Marketing" would be easier for me to pull off because the Young Soul paradigm leaves a rather bad taste in my mouth. Even though I know I've been there, I'm just so damned frustrated with the "hostile takeover" that is Western Civilization, I find it hard to embrace the "needs" of the Young Souls without resentment. I mean, who really NEEDS a $300 pair of shoes? Especially when the garment workers in Indonesia somewhere who slaved over the production of those shoes probably don't see $300 in a whole month!! Grrr!! 

Sigh......I'm working on it, though, because I don't want to be forced to choose between shelter, transportation, and healthcare for the rest of my life!

God help us all......

I carry strong resentment to it as well.

But it's part of our evolution & the best we can do as old souls is to remember and recover the innocence of younger souls- remembering that in the cosmic scheme even their most heinous acts are part of the process of maturity, and the little pointless things they do like buying 300$ shoes are just a moment of pleasure and happiness that becomes part of a larger collection of fond experiences for our soul and universe.

And we also must now remember to draw out of our Mature Soul lessons, focusing on using our voices & resources (like money) to support products, brands and causes that can heal violent and harmful systems and make the world a kinder, more compassionate and sustainable place.

As we enter the Mature Soul Paradigm I can see so many changes happening to our economy:

Our jobs won't be corporate positions that we go to every day to earn money so we can survive. They'll be our hobbies and passions, based on collective agreements of what value/skill we each possess to contribute & regular discussions between citizens on how we can contribute in new, different or additional ways.

The industries, societies and governments we feel so separate from will regularly and intimately interact, discuss and cooperate with their citizens to settle on collective ideas and movements that will be best for everyone. Consent, rapport, mutuality and collaboration will be important.

Quality will matter far more than quantity. We will buy, buy into and contribute only to those things and people we value. We won't be focused on valuing things less, we'l be focused on valuing things more. Things must contribute or they're useless.

This economy has very different pros and cons than the one we're in now.

But we'll need to spread the word & show that it's possible if we desire a resource-based economy and truly democratic world. Especially when there are so many ways our current system simply doesn't work and isn't sustainable.

No matter how you slice it we won't survive for long with capitalism. It's destroying our planet.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 8

DianeHB

I reread that session on Old souls and money not too long ago as part of my work on my business, and the concept of packaging really stuck with me. I ended up going to a presentation called "Branding for Accountants" even though I hated the word "branding" and almost didn't go. At the last minute I was like, okay fine, I will embrace packaging and learn to brand myself. It was actually a very insightful presentation about how to market to Millennials and Gen Z (i.e. the incoming Mature souls) by combining accounting with other passions to form a niche, and by using your uniqueness as your brand. It ended up inspiring me to combine my writing and accounting experience and launch my own accounting practice, which was a direction I had thought of but was hesitant to pursue because I hadn't seen accountants marketed that way.

Anyway, the Mature soul paradigm is actually coming so fast that Old souls don't have to stretch too far to sell our goods and services these days. We do have to simplify the message, tell a good story, and emphasize benefits, as well as learn to promote ourselves without shame. 

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 11
  • THANK YOU 2

Wendy

@DianeHBSo what you describe is pretty much what I've learned in my coaching trainings about how to market yourself.  I have spent countless hours on that work and see it everywhere! 

What I've discovered about myself since re-connecting with the Michael teachings is that while I deeply yearn for more financial security, I am still quite ambivalent about earning money.  I resent the need for it at all.  It's ironic that I was so drawn to  become a Tapping into Wealth coach - I mean, it was a real *I have to do this* thing when I first heard of it - and I've helped a lot of people become much more successful in their careers, yet not enough for me to actually be financially stable.  Maybe it's really all for my own healing, as I still often resonate with clients' issues as I work with them and it feels like my own work around money is endless. 

I've had some recent session with Michael that touched on these themes but haven't posted them yet.  Here is a relevant excerpt:

MEntity:  When we suggested to own your maturity, we do so because we agree that there is a tie to your imprinting from your father around poverty consciousness and money as a value system for self-worth.  Owning your maturity means that you can see why and how you believed these things, but now you know differently. Let yourself know differently...

Your discomfort and repulsion appears to have arose from the simple awkwardness of mixed messages that entangled self-worth, money, value, and meaning. There was a part of you grateful and even dependent upon him, but there was a part of you who found his truths to be a violation of your inner old soul ethics.

My website has been down now about 6 months and I need to totally re-work it as I am planning to pursue the coaching work again because my personal chef work is not physically sustainable for me.  One thing I do know is I need to help people. 

With these TRUES, life coaching seems a perfect fit:

True Play: Learning, Conversation, Helping

True Love: through GIVING

True Core: through LISTENING

True Gift: through ENCOURAGEMENT

Also one of my True Studies is Psychology of Confidence/Self-esteem.

Thank you also @KurtisM and @Kasia.  I will be referring back often to what you've all written as I begin the task of marketing this work again. 

• LIKE/LOVE 14

Mari Lynn
47 minutes ago, Wendy said:

"Your discomfort and repulsion appears to have arose from the simple awkwardness of mixed messages that entangled self-worth, money, value, and meaning. There was a part of you grateful and even dependent upon him, but there was a part of you who found his truths to be a violation of your inner old soul ethics."

Wow Wendy....this completely resonates for me.To a TEE. 

My father (well, both parents) grew up during the depression, and were EXTREMELY poor. My father tho, grew up to be a very hard working, (tireless actually) service-oriented man and had magnitized money to him and to our family. He was a young souled Warrior,  very diligent, frugal and he was self described as "chinsy"!  I often felt that as a kid, I almost never got fun kid things...had to beg & plead for "basic" stuff; certain shoes, joining Girl Scouts, & my Christmas present from him was a savings bond, started at age 7. Shit like that had its affects on me-and I am frugal in how I live (well, more "poverty conscious/deserving issues, tbh) but I WILL splurge on the occasional thing (GOOD coffee!) 

I am also a Warrior, and have always had money challenges....many times doing the opposite of what my Dad would do, much to his chagrin. The poverty-consciousness theme is something I've battled with alot in my life. Money ebbs and flows (natal moon in Cancer, in the 2nd house!)and getting the Old Soul money magnitization skills are still not entirely worked out. At times with money I resent it, hate being poor, cannot physically "push myself" and injure myself if I do & when money flows in I help others out, etc. The latter is a lesson I am more watchful for, knowing patterns helps. 

Thank you for sharing...gives me pause and perspective. 

Btw, my true study is also psychology...😁

Edited by Mari Lynn
  • LIKE/LOVE 8

DianeHB
52 minutes ago, Wendy said:

I've had some recent session with Michael that touched on these themes but haven't posted them yet.  Here is a relevant excerpt:

MEntity When we suggested to own your maturity, we do so because we agree that there is a tie to your imprinting from your father around poverty consciousness and money as a value system for self-worth.  Owning your maturity means that you can see why and how you believed these things, but now you know differently. Let yourself know differently...

Your discomfort and repulsion appears to have arose from the simple awkwardness of mixed messages that entangled self-worth, money, value, and meaning. There was a part of you grateful and even dependent upon him, but there was a part of you who found his truths to be a violation of your inner old soul ethics.

What Michael said here reminds me of another session I had. It’s more about feeling inadequacy from not having money and not so much resentment of money itself, but the issue of separating finances from self worth is similar. 

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU 1

SusanVirginia

I am so grateful to all of you for your contributions.  I am having trouble opening up more about why I asked this to begin with, but I am getting so much from your comments and links.  I feel quite a bit similar to pretty much everything you have all said.  I grew up in a young soul family.  I think one member is early mature.  I have a million issues around money.  And I'm spoiled.  The time has come however at the ripe old age of almost 60 for me to finally address these issues.  It is clear I am being prompted to deal with it.  I am quite clueless as to how though, at the moment, but clearly I need to get on it!  Again, thank you all so much.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Wendy

Wow @Mari Lynn thank you for sharing that!  My father is 2nd Level Mature Artisan-Cast Warrior from Cadre 5, Entity 5 and was flat out cheap.  Both my parents grew up in depression era and extremely poor too, my mother even more so than my father.  Your mentioning having to beg for things brings a flood of unpleasant memories!  I've always been kinda proud of my frugality and my living situation has mostly been what's the cheapest I can get away with/bear/still feel safe.  But now I am taking M's words to heart -  Owning your maturity means that you can see why and how you believed these things, but now you know differently. Let yourself know differently...

It really feels like a big journey to "know differently" but I am excited about where it will lead.

I'm feeling very grateful to this community, and being able to have these open conversations about topics such as this where many of us feel shame and vulnerability and perhaps want to hide.

• LIKE/LOVE 10

Maureen

I posted a blog entry on Energy Healers as Facilitators of Energies  where Michael said:  No energy is "given" without an exchange in some way, and it is always Good Work to define what you are giving, and how you would prefer it to return to you.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Mari Lynn

@Wendy, thank you!!! Wow yeah...I had a dream about my parents and in my childhood home right before I woke up...then read your post, THEN today had a really great & intense PT/Myofascial Release session. Its like, all coming up....in good ways, not anything "new" per se, but my lower back, butt & hips have been holding alot in. Time for release!!

Yes, I agree, so grateful for TLE & this M community. I am letting go of shame, guilt and my arrogance (even tho its not my primary cf, its my tertiary or "bodytype" cf) thinking that I've got things all under control. Its feels good actually, letting this be *known*., and so grateful for your comments!

• LIKE/LOVE 3

SusanVirginia

So because I started this thread and have been so heartened with the response, i’m gonna go ahead and let it all out. I don’t want to be here anymore. I’ve tried so hard to learn and understand, for so long . I’m just so fucking tired , every day all day.  I feel like I shouldn’t even admit to this.  But what is going on in the world just feels like too much.  No one in my life is genuine. Well now that I’m on here more so, but not in daily life. Or not in mine. I might be married but i’m so lonely, cause he’s not into the things I am.  What this has to do with money is that I am totally dependent on him. We do have the arts in common, so I’m not being totally fair.  Omg i’m rambling....

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU 2
  • SAD 1

Amira Sa'Di
14 hours ago, Wendy said:

With these TRUES, life coaching seems a perfect fit:

True Play: Learning, Conversation, Helping

True Love: through GIVING

True Core: through LISTENING

True Gift: through ENCOURAGEMENT

Also one of my True Studies is Psychology of Confidence/Self-esteem.

Thank you also @KurtisM and @Kasia.  I will be referring back often to what you've all written as I begin the task of marketing this work again. 

Yup, Wendy,

That sounds like life coaching alright! I haven't got my 9 pillars yet, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they might somehow add up to life coaching, too. 

At any rate.....May the odds be ever in your favor! (And I don't mean that in a "President Snow" kind of way 🙂

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Amira Sa'Di
1 hour ago, SusanVirginia said:

So because I started this thread and have been so heartened with the response, i’m gonna go ahead and let it all out. I don’t want to be here anymore. I’ve tried so hard to learn and understand, for so long . I’m just so fucking tired , every day all day.  I feel like I shouldn’t even admit to this.  But what is going on in the world just feels like too much.  No one in my life is genuine. Well now that I’m on here more so, but not in daily life. Or not in mine. I might be married but i’m so lonely, cause he’s not into the things I am.  What this has to do with money is that I am totally dependent on him. We do have the arts in common, so I’m not being totally fair.  Omg i’m rambling....

Well, SusanVirginia, the only reason I'm not sorry to have read that is that I truly believe that it's better for you to have expressed how you feel (especially being a sage and all) than to have held it in and let it turn into a horrible disease or something. I know that feeling you describe very well. I personally had to go to school and learn regression therapy to really begin to heal the deeply-ingrained weariness that I felt. Now, I get treatments from the Master Healing Angels every month and that has increased my awareness of the sources of my feelings and the thoughts that lie behind many of my issues. Even with all of that, though, I still feel tired and lonely. Nobody in my life---including a "6th level old" member of my entity whom I had to hammer and chisel away at for 10 years to turn into even decent company---seems to know what the hell I'm talking about most of the time, probably because I insist on throwing around ME jargon and regression therapist lingo and so forth, as I have incorporated it into my vocabulary. I've really gotta work on taking it down a notch, but I want so much to be able to communicate with others at the level I'm on instead of trying to translate all the time.

I hate being dependent, too. My son and I live with my mother, but I am climbing up bit by bit, working a part-time job and doing side hustles when I can. When my energy level was really low, I found some very-very part-time work that I could do from home.

All that said... don't give up. If you feel like shit, it's quite okay to feel like shit. It's REALLY not the fun part, but you can't move through it unless you actually FEEL it. This, too, my dear, shall pass....

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU 2

SusanVirginia

@Amira Sa'Di  I've read what you wrote to me many times and am so grateful for your heartfelt expression.  I felt truly heard, even things I didn't say, and that is invaluable.  In the light of a new day, things feel a little better and I do think it is because I spoke my truth in that moment and because of your kindness.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Amira Sa'Di

@SusanVirginia, awww.... that's so wonderful! 🤗 I give thanks for the opportunity to be a contribution to your feeling better! (I'm a priest, and we really get off on that sort of thing....)

I feel encouraged that I can leverage this type of communication, that I contribute willingly and from my heart, to help others and meanwhile increase my financial abundance.

• LIKE/LOVE 3