Troy

ENERGY REPORT: July 2018

Stickyflames
1 minute ago, DianeHB said:

I simply don't think she had any mental space to accept anything other than complete agreement and commiseration. But anyone who hasn't read her previous posts might not be aware of that. When I read her comment yesterday morning before anyone else replied, I didn't see a point in asking her to care because I saw her as reacting out of pain and exhaustion. It is okay to get exhausted and want to take a break, and I don't think it's necessary to try to convince someone who's exhausted that she still needs to stay involved at all times. But her response was completely out of whack. 

Yeah for sure. The responses towards her triggered her into a meltdown but...it would of happened sooner or later, she just was not on any level to accept or debate anything. She was a child. Obviously there is some pushback within the community, myself included, over how we collectively respond to someone who disagrees. How we have in the past, how we will in the future. In this context though, there was not a lot of room for stepping back and listening.

• LIKE/LOVE 12

Matt [banned]

Ive been wanting to say this too. Sometimes some of you are just way smarter than me and maybee others feel that way to. @Troy your insanely smart and good with words, and honestly there are lots of times i think arguments are from just a miscommunication or misunderstanding on intent or context. Im just not that smart, lol. 

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • THANK YOU! 1

Troy
3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Why is there such a need to make sure they know you have it tougher. 

There was a time when I thought I could relate to the plight of a person of color because I am gay and I have lived through persecution, bullying, assault, discrimination, hate, rejection, condemnation, inequality, invisibility, etc. It was always confusing to me when a person of color would be hostile toward a gay person because we share a world where we are both part of an oppressed group who suffers daily. 

And then Obama got elected.

I felt like an idiot. I was looking at a Black President. I was suddenly overwhelmed with a realization that this was one of the first times there was a national role model of a Black man who was not a "thug," a "rapper," a "sidekick" or a sports celebrity. I took a look at my history of exposure to positive images of Black people and people of color in my world and it suddenly became painfully clear that I had lived in an entirely different world all of my life without knowing it. Sure, I could say the same of gay people and their lack of representation, but I had white people. I had men. I had white families. I had white professions and celebrities and musicians and a whole world of alternative positive role models.

No matter how hard I thought I had it, I was raised in a very different world that I was suddenly realizing served me in ways I had always taken for granted.

I suffer a lot as a part of the LGBTQ world, but I have a world of privilege as a white man that most people of color have never known. (That's called an "intersection," where I am part of one group while part of another).

With that realization, no matter how tough I had it... I had to acknowledge that not only do others have it tough on a personal level, but they have an entire world against them on a scale I was able to ignore for half of my life. Reducing everyone to being equally struggling really diminishes our ability to be effective in caring and helping and learning and listening.

So that's why a straight person needs to understand that LGBTQI have it tougher in this world. That's why a White person needs to understand that people of color have it so much worse. You can totally relate to the personal and private struggles of just being alive and being human, but you will never know a world designed entirely against you where you have to watch people decide your fate every day and that tries to destroy you every day. We live in a world almost entirely designed against us in media, politics, history, violence, hatred, institutions, etc.

Recognizing that I had it better as a White Man than a person of color was not threatening or insulting to me at all. It's just a fucking disgusting fact. It was a wake-up call that prompted me to relate in more appropriate and respectful ways to others. 

• LIKE/LOVE 13
  • THANK YOU! 4

Troy
15 minutes ago, DianeHB said:

I don't think it's necessary to try to convince someone who's exhausted that she still needs to stay involved at all times. But her response was completely out of whack. 

To be fair, no one asked her to care. The entire point of my response and what I could see of Connor's response was to explain that she might not want to condemn and speak disparagingly of those who do care. Her post wasn't just about her being exhausted, but about condemning others for being passionate and caring. Speaking up on behalf of those being passionate and caring is very different from trying to convince her to stay involved.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

DianeHB
1 minute ago, Troy said:

To be fair, no one asked her to care. The entire point of my response and what I could see of Connor's response was to explain that she might not want to condemn and speak disparagingly of those who do care. Her post wasn't just about her being exhausted, but about condemning others for being passionate and caring. Speaking up on behalf of those being passionate and caring is very different from trying to convince her to stay involved.

I think it's sorta the same difference, but anyway my point was that she was incapable of hearing the nuances in your argument or caring for anyone else but herself at that moment. 

• LIKE/LOVE 10

Troy
11 minutes ago, Matt said:

Ive been wanting to say this too. Sometimes some of you are just way smarter than me and maybee others feel that way to. @Troy your insanely smart and good with words, and honestly there are lots of times i think arguments are from just a miscommunication or misunderstanding on intent or context. Im just not that smart, lol. 

I think your willingness to question, to listen, to share uncertain perspectives, and to recover after a conflict is most certainly very smart. Don't sell yourself short. You are smarter than you might realize. Sometimes just a smartass ? , but still...

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Maureen

Some thoughts... ?️

What I saw was SusanVirginia rejecting compassion as it was offered up by this community. She had a chance (many mini-chances actually) to choose growth over holding on to her own private hell (as I can imagine it) and she chose the line of least resistance, for her, which ironically was/is to continue to resist more Truth, Love and Beauty from entering her life. She rejected TLE as she didn't want to, or couldn't at this point, do her own work. What many don't realize when they come on to TLE is that, as Michael has said, "Troy’s Group emphasizes a teaching and process of a spectrum of experiences related to SELF-RESPONSIBILITY." The operative word prefixed to RESPONSIBILITY is SELF. So you better be "ready" for it.

My favourite description of Compassion is Michael's version as it relates to our Support Circles. I particularly like it as it captures the Positive Pole of Priest, beautifully, and, like many of you, I take the expression/action/inspiration and assimilation of compassion seriously.  

COMPASSION: this person is the one who cares enough about you to point out what you are doing wrong, or right, in light of your "higher plans", as they support you. You may sometimes find this as "brutal" compassion, since it is sometimes painful to the Personality to face the truth. This person can be counted on to tell you the truth about you in any situation. This Position is vitally important as it helps you to stay within parameters you might have set for a lifetime's accomplishments. You may become bogged down by addictions, depression, procrastination, despair, boredom, even delights, or other "distractions", and COMPASSION will be there to help you move through these. Not that a lifetime is wasted in any way, even if these "distractions" prevailed, since all experience is valid and useful, but COMPASSION can still be there with truth. This person will help push you to the limits of who you are this lifetime, since they see past your fears. In fact, they refuse to support fear in your life at all.

Also, this description from Michael on the Michael Teachings being most applicable after the 4th IM is enlightening.

Excerpt from Michael Speaks:  7 Internal Monads on September 12, 2010:

We wish to point out here that while our teaching can be understood and made useful at any age, it is not until the successful completion of the 4th Internal Monad that the full extent of its application can be comprehended.

This is why you see so few fellow students among you, or even that you see so few interested in our teaching, in general; it is simply not very interesting or truly applicable to those who "do not know themselves." This is not a judgment, but a matter of fact.

For this teaching to have its full effect, one must be awake, and most who have not completed the 4th Internal Monad are still in some degree, if not completely, asleep.

By "asleep" and "awake," we simply mean the spectrum between self-absorption and self-awareness.

Self-absorption, or being asleep, is marked by a preoccupation with the self, such as through defensiveness, self-indulgence, presentation, brooding, consuming, etc.

And self-awareness, or being awake, is marked by, for example, valued sensitivity, right intuition, concentric compassion, enthusiastic curiosity, a kind presence, patient resonance to others, and no defenses or shields.

Those are examples, but there are others, of course.

Edited by Maureen
  • LIKE/LOVE 15
  • THANK YOU! 7

Matt [banned]

Thank you @Troy for that well thought out response.  I totally understand where your coming from on how tough you and others have it.   I guess where my issue is, and maybee others is, when i read a comment like "you do have it better," i immediately think your talking about just overall and not specific to a topic.  See my post above about not being as smart as some of you, sorry it's just true.  I always think being specific to what you are referring to helps people like me.  So if you tell her you do have it easier, it would have made more sense to me if it said you do have it easier just in regards to the political climate, but not your personal struggles.  Thank you again for that well thought out response.  I do get it, and i know we are all on the same side.  She was super out of line though, and i have no issue with the way it went down, and hopefully she can take a breather and learn from the experience.  Thank you for the compliment @Troy and yes i am a smartass too, hahaha, just ask Amy.  

• LIKE/LOVE 12

Troy
Just now, DianeHB said:

I think it's sorta the same difference,

I suppose. Explaining why people care and explaining that apathy hurts people is very different from convincing her to care, but I suppose a person couldn't help but reconsider apathy when these things are being explained that way. Still... I mean, seriously. How could anyone be offended so deeply by people stepping up to share why caring matters. Yeesh.

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Connor
1 hour ago, Stickyflames said:

There was triggering on both sides, she was shamed before listened to.

I disagree. She made her comments. I explained the political situation to her, explained why young people are so up in arms about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, and then I invited her to rest and rejoin the fight.

Her response was to practically spit in my face. Fuck her. I will strive to be less fiery in the future, but I'm glad she is gone.

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • THANK YOU! 4

Troy
6 minutes ago, Matt said:

I always think being specific to what you are referring to helps people like me.  So if you tell her you do have it easier, it would have made more sense to me if it said you do have it easier just in regards to the political climate, but not your personal struggles. 

I will take this insight to heart and keep that in mind for the future. I do tend to assume the obvious is obvious, but sometimes it's just not. Thanks.

• LIKE/LOVE 14
  • THANK YOU! 1

Troy
3 minutes ago, Connor said:

I disagree. She made her comments. I explained the political situation to her, explained why young people are so up in arms about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, and then I invited her to rest and rejoin the fight.

Her response was to practically spit in my face. Fuck her. I will strive to be less fiery in the future, but I'm glad she is gone.

When she reported you, I read all of your responses carefully and I saw nothing but insight. Your responses were entirely appropriate and relevant without being shaming or hostile. Fiery is fine. I love fiery. And I'm sorry you were attacked but you handled it well. 

• LIKE/LOVE 13

WolfAmethyst
2 hours ago, DianeHB said:

I'm not sure Canada would want us. 

You might be pleasantly surprised how many of us would be open to such increased ties for the purposes of mutual benefit.  So many of us have had wonderful experiences visiting the USA!  Or love living in the USA part of the year- just look at the "Snowbirds".  

Everybody north of the border knows Trump doesn't represent the views and beliefs of the majority of Americans.  And that the majority of Americans didn't vote for him at all.

To all Americans here: As a neighbour, may I please ask a favour?  PLEASE make sure you're registered, and VOTE when the midterm elections arrive.  Let the will of the American people prevail this time!

Edited by WolfAmethyst
  • LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 7

Stickyflames
1 hour ago, Matt said:

Yeah, bullshit. You are smart.

Reading these forums, I am constantly agreeing with people and disagreeing with people and trying to understand where others are coming from , occassionaly voicing what I see and maybe someone will respond with something that sounds truer than whatever I just saw and expressed. Maybe it won’t. We are all learning here , learning how we want to show up in the world.

Feelings are never the whole truth but they are certainly the only navigator we have when it comes to feeling centered or out of whack. You are incredibly aware of when you feel centered in yourself or triggered. You always voice when something feels Off to you and you have such obvious compassion when you do so. You stick around through it all.

That is all brilliance. It is not the whole picture, but it is brilliant. I think you know it is not the whole picture, so you throw yourself in with all these other brilliant minds. Brilliance!

• LIKE/LOVE 13
  • THANK YOU! 1

Sam K

As a rule, I tend to quietly show myself out when tensions boil over online.  Just don't usually see my participation doing much good.

Going back and seeing that what started this row was mention of AOC (whom I'm rather uncharacteristically infatuated with at the moment) and Justice Democrats (of which I'm a part), I kinda wish I had jumped in for once...

• LIKE/LOVE 6

SunSand

wow, it seemed like i missed a lot of drama the past 2 days O.o .  The problem with language is that it is extremely interpretive with all sorts of negative or positive connotations attached to phrases and words. 

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Joanne

@Matt I find myself using the dictionary quite often since being in this community, so don't feel that you're the only one!? Many of the people in this community are extremely smart, and can put pen to paper using words that many times I have to look up the definitions of. They write so fluently! It is a talent that many of us just don't have, but, for me, I don't care how smart someone is; if they are ugly on the inside I can feel it!

Troy and his community are filled with people who are beautiful on the inside and smart on the outside! There are also many who are beautiful on the inside and beautiful on the outside just like you! It is "Truly" a great community! 

Sometimes, people just aren't ready to hear the truth!?

P.S.  I also find myself using the Thesaurus a lot too! LOL

• LIKE/LOVE 13

Luciana Flora
45 minutes ago, Joanne said:

@Matt I find myself using the dictionary quite often since being in this community, so don't feel that you're the only one!? Many of the people in this community are extremely smart, and can put pen to paper using words that many times I have to look up the definitions of. They write so fluently! It is a talent that many of us just don't have, but, for me, I don't care how smart someone is; if they are ugly on the inside I can feel it!

Troy and his community are filled with people who are beautiful on the inside and smart on the outside! There are also many who are beautiful on the inside and beautiful on the outside just like you! It is "Truly" a great community! 

Sometimes, people just aren't ready to hear the truth!?

P.S.  I also find myself using the Thesaurus a lot too! LOL

That's why goggle translator is of great help to me

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Christian
On 7/5/2018 at 12:19 PM, Troy said:

THIS IS ONLY A PART OF THE STORY - Wherever you are in your life, wherever humanity is in its progress, whatever the past, whatever the likely future, and whatever the present, there is never a moment when the story is over. Every moment, decade, era, century, lifetime, and even Grand Cycle is only a part of the story. It can be quite helpful to remember this when you feel you can only see an end or no end for a particularly challenging story. This is only a part of the story, and your part in that story matters.

For some reason the last couple of days, I have woken up just feeling pissed off.  Literally, woke up irritated and angry....at being awake....I guess. 

Came here to follow up on some threads and re-read the above. 

It helps a bit. The irritation seems to be at the constant noise in everything.  With all presidents before, there were times of quiet.  Not much happening everything humming along smoothly.  Sometimes so quiet the only thing the outrage brigade could get mad about was a tan suit.  

It reminds me of Shakespeare's "All the world's a stage speech" from As You Like It.  

We all have a parts to play.  Largely, determined by us.  Each is important and each has meaning.   We are the Player Character of our lives and perhaps an NPC to someone else.  But, as many games have shown an NPC can have a huge effect on the player such that they change the way they play. 

• LIKE/LOVE 10

Berry
On 7/13/2018 at 3:34 PM, WolfAmethyst said:

You might be pleasantly surprised how many of us would be open to such increased ties for the purposes of mutual benefit.  So many of us have had wonderful experiences visiting the USA!  Or love living in the USA part of the year- just look at the "Snowbirds".  

Everybody north of the border knows Trump doesn't represent the views and beliefs of the majority of Americans.  And that the majority of Americans didn't vote for him at all.

To all Americans here: As a neighbour, may I please ask a favour?  PLEASE make sure you're registered, and VOTE when the midterm elections arrive.  Let the will of the American people prevail this time!

I will be voting, it will be my first midterm vote ever. It has been hard to acknowledge that I've been part of the problem. Despite my own personal exhaustion, I will be picking up whatever I can to use what privilege I have to assist in the resistance. I have definitely learned that being white confers significant unearned advantages.

And on that front, I ask a favor of all Canadians here. Please speak to your government about immigration policies regarding the disabled? It's the one category that is almost universally disregarded across all countries in terms of opportunities to immigrate. As if the disabled can only be a drain on resources and have no value as persons. Disabled people of color in particular are treated as invisible, and rarely receive any assistance.

Immigration and Disability: Stephen Hawking Could Never Become a Canadian

http://www.ccdonline.ca/en/socialpolicy/access-inclusion/hawking

• LIKE/LOVE 12
  • THANK YOU! 3

Christian

it appears after this weekend,  the board is set and the players are in position. 

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Juni
10 hours ago, Terry said:

I will be voting, it will be my first midterm vote ever. It has been hard to acknowledge that I've been part of the problem. Despite my own personal exhaustion, I will be picking up whatever I can to use what privilege I have to assist in the resistance. I have definitely learned that being white confers significant unearned advantages.

Thank you so much for stepping up. We need everyone.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Connor
On 7/5/2018 at 1:19 PM, Troy said:

Earlier in the year, we saw probabilities for June or July to begin a Breaking or Turning Point. The first of those key events have come with the resignation of a member of the United States Supreme Court. This may seem to be a local event that would only affect the United States, but this key event is part of a delicate and fragile system that is long overdue for an overhaul. The Breaking or Turning Point for this overhaul will affect the planet. There are more key moments to come across July.

I think #TreasonSummit may qualify as another key moment. This event is already generating a strong backlash from all across the political spectrum, and it only happened hours ago. And that is the first hashtag I've ever willingly used in the modern context.

• LIKE/LOVE 10

AnnH
3 hours ago, Christian said:

it appears after this weekend,  the board is set and the players are in position. 

Quite a nexus we're having.

After a long sleep and very active dreams (one in which I was doing a folk dance with @James D and someone else), we all wake up to the US president committing what amounts to high crimes and misdemeanors, #treasonsummit.

I wonder what is up with the Pentacle (pentagram?) configuration with Putin, Trump, Bannon with all this? Certainly looks like Trump, in his desire to serve Putin, has destabilized things.

• LIKE/LOVE 10
  • LOL 1