SusanVirginia

My Heart Hurts

SusanVirginia

I just need help today. Crying, hurting.  Whether from a ME perspective or personal, If you have anything, I’d appreciate it.  I just don’t get it. I extend my heart to people and get nothing in return.  I think it’s me and who I’m hoping to get something, anything in return from, but damned if it doesn’t feel like it’s because there is something wrong with me.

Edited by SusanVirginia
  • LIKE/LOVE 7
  • WHAT/WOW! 1
  • SAD 4

DianeHB

I'm sorry for your pain, Susan. This transcript may or may not help, but it is always an inspiring read.

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 1

Kasia

Sending lots of love and big hugs your way, @SusanVirginia. The best piece of advice I got from Michael has been "stop lying to yourself". There is nothing wrong with you. Even though it may not feel like it right now, there is nothing wrong with you. Ever. This pain sounds like a projection of what someone feels about themselves being thrown on you, but it isn't yours to keep, and you can choose to let it go at any moment. If that feels impossible, then this situation is helping you become aware that a part of you believes this about yourself, and it's inviting you to embrace that part, listen to it, love it, and teach it the Truth.  

@DianeHB once pointed me to a transcript that I think is one of the best there is about giving our power over to others. I hope it helps you as much as it did me:

As Ms once assured me, "you will be okay". ❤️

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • THANK YOU! 1

Bobby

You said: I extend my heart to people and get nothing in return.

Is there a lesson for you here to either stop doing that or stop expecting anything in return?  I don't ask this facetiously by the way.  We've all been there before.  Sometimes our expectations outweigh what another is willing to give in return and when you realize this, you have every right to just say "no more!"

• LIKE/LOVE 12
  • THANK YOU! 1

Rosario

Know you are LOVED and YOU ARE OK AS YOU ARE!

Your worth is defined only by you.  Essence loves you and is with you, always. And there's at least one person around that deeply cares for you. 

Extend your heart to yourself in the first place.  Perhaps is a time to tend for your own needs, visions, projects, boundaries...❤️  

I wish you much joy and fun, Susan! 

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • THANK YOU! 1

SusanVirginia

Everyone, there’s tons to unpack in here and although I have skimmed the links, when I have time I need to really sit down and absorb them to the best I’m able. So much is relevant- I am I think 2nd level Old going through 5th IM.   The centering info is fascinating, but feels over my head at this point. 

I am ever grateful to you all for extending your hearts to me. ???

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Matt

I feel your pain on this one. I guess we just have to get better at who we extend our love to. Hope you feel better soon. Feelings arent the truth. 

• LIKE/LOVE 4

AlgeeDean

Wish I could give you a big hug @SusanVirginia!! It takes guts to put your love out there to others whether it's a friendship or romantic kind of love. Either way it's not easy to put it out there and not receive anything back or to receive love but not in a way you thought you should. Keep loving anyways...don't stop!! ❤️ You just have to realize that you may not get anything in return at times.When that happens it will hurt but just say lesson learned and move on. Having expectations about things are the worst. It's very rare for things in life to go as expected. Go in with an open mind and no expectations and you won't be let down. I know, I know easier said than done but try. ❤️❤️❤️

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 1

SusanVirginia

I'm trying to go through things now, sitting on the patio with a glass of wine, still feeling pretty crappy.  Everything I'm reading from everyone has like a nugget or nuggets of amethyst (my favorite) in them.  Everyone, even if you just sent a sentence.  

I'm looking around inside me and it seems that as a female, I was taught I had to put everyone else first, including needs and feelings and ideas and desires etc.  I know this is not earthshaking news, pretty commonplace.  But also I got really involved in the New Age, which had some wonderful aspects to it, but one thing I took on was trying to love everyone unconditionally.  Even if they treat me like crap.  I had to try to understand, be compassionate, and empathetic.  Another words, a doormat.  I even had to be of service, even if service is not really my nature.  If I am of service because I am being authentically me, then cool.

Well, tomorrow's another day, hopefully I'll get some sleep and go see the sunrise over the ocean, and maybe even see a few turtle hatchlings.  I hope everyone has a good evening.  And I send big hugs.

Edited by SusanVirginia
  • LIKE/LOVE 5