DianeHB

Last Will & Testament

DianeHB

Somebody brought up the channeling on Shakespeare and Edward de Vere recently, which led me to finally watch the documentary that Martha asked about years ago, Last Will & Testament (it's on Amazon Prime Video).  I hadn't expected this documentary to move me so much. I have a degree in English and studied a lot of literature, but I didn't resonate much with Shakespeare or other Renaissance plays. Shakespeare is such an institution that I never thought of the man and the life behind the words. The documentary presented events and people in de Vere's life and pointed to passages in Shakespeare that reflected them. But those passages also showed how deeply he felt, his existential crises, his struggles with political manipulations (being Queen Elizabeth's ward and courtier), his fall from grace and realizing there is growth in it. I felt compassion for that person, suddenly realizing that all these stories were someone's story. I want to go back and reread them now -- they suddenly seem much more alive. 

• LIKE/LOVE 16
  • THANK YOU! 2

Jeroen

I just found the Last Will & Testament on Amazon Prime. Looking forward to watching it. Thanks.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

DanielaS

Thanks for the recommendation, @DianeHB! I HAVE to watch this. I've loved Shakespeare since I was a kid, when I first saw A Midsummer Night's Dream on our local PBS channel. When I asked Michael about my Cadence Mates in 2016 they said that the Sage-Cast position was a guide for the cadence. Then I asked: 

Daniela: Could the Sage-cast guide be Edward DeVere (the Earl of Oxford), who you've previously identified as a C1E2 Sage-cast Scholar who is the primary writer for the works known under "William Shakespeare"?

MEntity: That is correct.

So, there you have it, I guess.

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 1
  • WHAT/WOW! 2

DianeHB
1 hour ago, DanielaS said:

Thanks for the recommendation, @DianeHB! I HAVE to watch this. I've loved Shakespeare since I was a kid, when I first saw A Midsummer Night's Dream on our local PBS channel. When I asked Michael about my Cadence Mates in 2016 they said that the Sage-Cast position was a guide for the cadence. Then I asked: 

Daniela: Could the Sage-cast guide be Edward DeVere (the Earl of Oxford), who you've previously identified as a C1E2 Sage-cast Scholar who is the primary writer for the works known under "William Shakespeare"?

MEntity: That is correct.

So, there you have it, I guess.

That is so cool, Daniela! I figured some of us would be close to him in Essence. This is about as close it gets!

• LIKE/LOVE 6

James D
9 hours ago, DianeHB said:

Somebody brought up the channeling on Shakespeare and Edward de Vere recently, which led me to finally watch the documentary that Martha asked about years ago, Last Will & Testament (it's on Amazon Prime Video).  I hadn't expected this documentary to move me so much. I have a degree in English and studied a lot of literature, but I didn't resonate much with Shakespeare or other Renaissance plays. Shakespeare is such an institution that I never thought of the man and the life behind the words. The documentary presented events and people in de Vere's life and pointed to passages in Shakespeare that reflected them. But those passages also showed how deeply he felt, his existential crises, his struggles with political manipulations (being Queen Elizabeth's ward and courtier), his fall from grace and realizing there is growth in it. I felt compassion for that person, suddenly realizing that all these stories were someone's story. I want to go back and reread them now -- they suddenly seem much more alive. 

@DianeHB thank you so much for recommending this. I just watched it. Brilliant documentary. I've been an 'Oxfordian' since I watched a documentary on PBS nearly thirty years ago, but this program incorporates so much information and evidence that it seems like those who maintain traditional views on the merchant from Stratford being the author might as well be climate change deniers or flat-earthers. It brings a greatly expanded appreciation of de Vere's work, but it is also a more tragic story than is portrayed in any of his tragedies. 

Edited by James D
  • LIKE/LOVE 5

DanielaS
10 hours ago, DianeHB said:

That is so cool, Daniela! I figured some of us would be close to him in Essence. This is about as close it gets!

I watched the documentary last night and it was so fascinating! I agree with James-- the evidence against the man from Stratford being the author of the works seems irrefutable. But, I guess "Shakespeare" has become an industry and DeVere won't be universally recognized as the true writer any time soon. Michael did say it was OK with this Sage-cast Scholar. 

It's funny, when I asked that question about the identity of my Sage-cast Cadence Mate and Michael said, "That is correct," I was a bit unsatisfied and skeptical. Whenever I "guess" something and ask about it and Michael just says, "You are correct"  I feel more skeptical, like there should be more of an explanation, more evidence. LOL.

Edited by DanielaS
  • LIKE/LOVE 5

James D
1 hour ago, DanielaS said:

I watched the documentary last night and it was so fascinating! I agree with James-- the evidence against the man from Stratford being the author of the works seems irrefutable. But, I guess "Shakespeare" has become an industry and DeVere won't be universally recognized as the true writer any time soon. Michael did say it was OK with this Sage-cast Scholar. 

It's funny, when I asked that question about the identity of my Sage-cast Cadence Mate and Michael said, "That is correct," I was a bit unsatisfied and skeptical. Whenever I "guess" something and ask about it and Michael just says, "You are correct"  I feel more skeptical, like there should be more of an explanation, more evidence. LOL.

According to Ahtun-Re (channeled by Kevin Ryerson) the Sage-cast Scholar's most recent incarnation was August Wilson, the playwright. 

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • WHAT/WOW! 1

Martha

I just saw this post. I thought I’d add my question from a few years ago that Diane mentioned. 

Can you solve the mystery of who wrote the Shakespeare plays? There are many theories out there about the historical person Shakespeare not being educated, “proved” by his children being illiterate, and that someone like the Earl of Oxford really wrote the plays.

MICHAEL: The persona of "William Shakespeare" existed only fictitiously, though as a thoroughly-fleshed out fiction.

MICHAEL: The fragment of the same name was real, but the persona was not his.

MARTHA: That is the rumor

MICHAEL: The speculation and rumor is catching up with the truth, but it was not an elaborate conspiracy, but more a product of intentional misinformation that was never questioned.

MARTHA: the Earl of Oxford, Christopher Marlowe, Edward DeVere, and others have been mentioned as candidates

MARTHA: Was it just one author?

MICHAEL: For the most part, yes.

MARTHA: I saw a documentary recently that made it seem like it would have been fairly well known at the time that it was a fake persona

MICHAEL: That would be valid, as far as we can see, and it was of no significance to most who the writer was, though those who wanted to know, could.

MICHAEL: It would be similar to your concern for the real name of Vanilla Ice.

MARTHA: oh lord

MARTHA: that one I know

MARTHA: So, can you see who??

MICHAEL: At the time, it was speculated that the real William would either not know, or not mind, as he was not particularly bright.

MICHAEL: It is valid that the fragment known as "Edward" was behind these writings, motivated by a crippling arrogance and self-deprecation, volatile streak, and deep interest in upholding a position of patronage, he gave rise to these writings in a way that his position would not be threatened by the success or failure of these, and could be served by his own investments.

MARTHA: interesting! thank you

MICHAEL: We doubt that the mainstream acceptance of the authorship will be contested to any meaningful extent, but this Sage-Cast Scholar from Entity 2 of Cadre 1 does not mind.

MARTHA: Ha, he IS a loudmouth, seen that before

Edited by Martha
  • LIKE/LOVE 11