Hunter

We Make Waves

Hunter

A few months ago, I'm thinking like four or five now, I can't really recall, I woke up one morning and decided that I was no longer going to consume animal flesh. It's a lifestyle choice I've been considering for some time and that day, what everyday it was, was when I made that choice. I feel good. Inside and out.

I really didn't want to make a big deal of it. The one thing holding me back for so many years was the fear of being made fun of. I'm definitely over that now. And I am glad. I've started a chain reaction. A week after I quit the meats my girlfriend stopped as well. Some of her co-workers have even decreased their intake of meat, especially red meat. Which is good. At least they are becoming MORE aware of the suffering. My brother has been tossing around the idea of going vegan as well. I can see the ripples of my choices effecting others in a positive way. 

One thing I have noticed though. Once I began making more conscious decisions about my food that same awareness has began to seep into other aspects of my life. We've got everyone recycling all the trash at my work now. And a lot of them are recycling at home too. It's awesome!!! I feel as though I'm more considerate of the individuals and world's around me. It's not enough to go through the motions, I want to KNOW that my impact on the world is a positive one.

I also notice animals act differently around me. Especially wild animals, it's as though they sense I am no longer a predator.

Be the change you wish to see. Make the waves you want to ride. 

• LIKE/LOVE 18
  • THANK YOU! 3

Jeroen

That is awesome. I made the change of cutting meat out of my diet a few months ago too.

• LIKE/LOVE 3