ckaricai

So, after talking to @Janet one day it became apparent that there actually has never been any TLE channeling on Axis as a topic. Everything we know has come piecemeal. Then I started thinking about the Axes and realized I have always had trouble understanding Inspiration axis overleaves. What does Server, Martydom, Reserve, or Stoicism have to do with inspiration? And generally speaking are there some aspects of axis that we don’t know about? Is sliding the only way to use axis? How important is axis on the higher planes? If I understand correctly the positive pole of an axis is Ordinal and negative pole is Cardinal but i’m not sure why. Seems like it should be the other way around. Or I could have that wrong and maybe there are specific words we can use for the +/- pole of each axis. It’s also kind of hard to define axis as a concept...I think a Micheal Speaks about axis might be useful. 

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Janet

I will just suggest that we use an Ask Michael opportunity to get Michael to briefly outline the concept of the axes as a way to get a baseline response for creating the setup for a topic -- or to judge whether there is enough material for a topic solely on axes. But I think @ckaricai is onto an idea here. 

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Philip Wittmeyer

Historically, among Michael students, there has been much more interest in understanding the content of the Overleaf System than there has been in understanding its context. By that I mean, people are concerned about the personality traits in the boxes rather than in all the headers of the boxes, which provide overall attributes to the traits. Role, Goal, Mode, etc are headers that have been explored and explained at great length; the Axes of Action, Inspiration, Expression, and Assimilation are headers that have not been explored and explained very much, so far as I know. The fundamental concepts of 'Cardinal' and 'Ordinal' have also attracted insufficient attention, in my opinion.

Attached find my explanation of the Axes and a lot of other components of the structure of the Overleaf System. The first document is Part One of one of my book manuscripts on the Michael teaching, The Process Aspect System. It derives the structure of the Overleaf system from 'first principles' -- logic and mathematics. The Michaels did not pull the Overleaf System 'out of their ass'; the pattern has meaning, but they never explained the meaning. Because my explanation is so abstract, I doubt that many people will be able to appreciate it. Therefore I look forward to whatever the Michaels might have to say about it; I have been waiting for their exposition on the context of the Overleaf System for three and a half decades. The second document is a chapter from another one of my book manuscripts, A History of the Overleaf Chart. It is also about the meaningful abstract structural components of the context of the Overleaf System, but it is likely much more intelligible to the typical Michael student than the first document.

Feedback is welcomed.

PAS-PartOne.pdf

AttributesChapter.pdf

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 1