Sarah

WTF is happening on this planet?

Sarah

This is so disheartening. It seems like, after Trump, everybody wants to swing to the right... despite the obvious examples--day after day after day--of why this is a dangerous thing! I can't even imagine the damage this guy could cause: Jair Bolsonaro, 'Brazil's Trump,' is on track to win the presidency.

We won't be able to un-destroy the Amazon or bring back all the indigenous people he plans on slaughtering (so much for safe places for Infant Souls). As more and more of these "people" get into power, it just feels like we're getting in a place that we're not going to be able to recover from. The planet will be toast. (Even Canada's leaning toward the right now. Apparently, if an election were held tomorrow, we'd have a Conservative majority. WTF, people?! Is your memory that fucking short? Do you not remember King Harper?)

It seems downright psychopathic to me that people don't seem to care about our planet, even if it's going to affect their own children and grandchildren. Why are there so many of these "people" on this planet, allowed to run rampant and destroy everything?

I'm getting very tired of this Young Soul "me, me, me!" paradigm. ?

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 3
  • WHAT/WOW! 1
  • SAD 7

Luciana Flora

Tomorrow we will have election here in Brazil. And from what I'm seeing, it looks like Bolsonaro will win.

Bolsonaro is a phenomenon that I can not understand. And he says absurd things like: "Women should earn less because they get pregnant (maternity leave damages businesses, according to him)." Or that "he had 4 boys after he framed and a woman came" or that "he would prefer that the son died appeared to be dating a man. "

BOlsonaro also said that the mistake of the dictatorship was to have killed a few people. Among other things...

And it is this person that a large part of the Brazilian population sees as a sort of savior that will take Brazil out of the crisis ..

Bolsonaro believes that the solution to violence is to release the weapons. Make it easier for people to buy a firearm. After all "Good bandit is dead bandit." This phrase has been widely spoken here in Brazil.

• SAD 19

KurtisM

The more I hear about politics and business in other countries, the more I truly realize that Trump really is just a symbol for a larger healing.

The leaning toward the right/conservative is an effort from many younger souls to protect/secure what they've always known to be righteous or successful.

The leaning toward political apathy is an effort from older souls to avoid participating in a world they despise.

Neither are actual solutions. They both just kick the can down the road. They both lead to collapse. They both avoid evolution and responsibility.

I've talked with a few family and friends now about how we have essentially two final choices.

Either we change our habits now and face the resistance of those who will lock themselves in place through compassion.

Or we will all refuse to change until it gets so bad we have to change (via a near-future crisis of collapse & the resulting consolidation around virtual reality as an escape from the ugly "real world".)

Our choices will be looked back upon by future generations as either incredibly vile or incredibly responsible. I would rather not be looked back upon as someone that destroyed the planet, the animals and our bodies.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 15
  • THANK YOU! 1

Sam K

Not every country's held with the overall rightward shift.  Mexico just elected a left-wing President, for example, while the left's retained control in Portugal, Uruguay, and South Korea.

More generally, though the global center-left/center-right establishment appears to be on its last legs and the right's generally getting its way for now, Greens and other popular progressive groups are on a huge upswing across Europe.  Progressives are also becoming a real force in American politics, though it'll no doubt take awhile to turn a ship this huge around.

Edited by Sam K
  • LIKE/LOVE 15
  • THANK YOU! 2

Leela Corman

Fellow US citizens: VOTE. Yes, voter suppression is real and might fuck us all, but VOTE VOTE VOTE. Vote in every local and state and federal election. Vote for your local council people, mayors, etcetera. Vote on judges, vote on amendments. In my small town alone there are crucial ones on the ballot, like a really sneaky one from state GOP politicians trying to get us to give up control of our local utility, which is a bad idea, and a state amendment that would give the right to vote back to ex-felons, which is a great idea, especially in this time of mass incarceration of black men, which is the new goddamn plantation. A friend of mine won her race for city council the last round because we all showed up for her, which means that we now have a woman of color representing our interests in a town with a history of segregation and ongoing racial justice issues. I just voted not to retain a bunch of judges appointed by Rick Scott, our seriously evil governor. Local elections matter because they are where we live and breathe and the people who begin on city council might someday be the governor, congressperson, or president (wishing and hoping, Gail Johnson!). Also it felt damn good to vote for Andrew Gillum for governor of Florida; not only is he great in his own right, he's running against an actual white supremacist. The stakes could not be fucking higher. VOTE.

• LIKE/LOVE 9
  • THANK YOU! 6

NicholasV

I feel like the energies in the world aren't supportive of the kind of paradigm shift that's needed at this time. Nothing is contributing to a greater sense of mature-soul presence. The supportive environment isn't there. 

One astrologer I follow claims its the astrological energy thats to blame. He says its the Aeon of Cetus, where we have like Sherlock Holmes in a submarine as the prevailing energy. He says the Aeon is marked by a lower than average sense of spirit, hard to encourage the development of mature consciousness when theres such an abysmal energy pattern. 

Edited by NicholasV
  • LIKE/LOVE 1
  • WHAT/WOW! 2

Matt

I dont want to be too negative but im having a hard time seeing the world turn around for the better instead of just continuing on the current trajectory. I guess thats why the infinite soul is needed soon. Probably going to get worse and have to hit some rock bottom before a real change will occur. I hate being negative about it, but its just a feeling i get about things getting worse yet. Hope im wrong about it all.

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • SAD 3

KurtisM

@NicholasV, I disagree. I think everything is pointing to a Mature Soul Paradigm.

Honoring diversity has become the norm, people being conscious consumers is growing, co-operatives are rising, community purpose is being renewed, political/social/environmental activism is a hot debate, gaming and entertainment are less defined by competition and more by experience, conscious media usage is occurring, people are waking up to their sense of loneliness, poverty and indebtedness, rape+violence is being accounted for etc.

At this moment I am seeing a collapse is inevitable and will hit hard because all of us want change soon. But it's more of an intense short-term change than the gradual, slow-term change we thought about earlier this century.

Also, @Matt, I am also feeling we will hit rock bottom first but that isn't an excuse in my mind to resign. I'm comitted to helping us shift paradigms when and where I can, regardless of what happens.

• LIKE/LOVE 13
  • THANK YOU! 2

NicholasV

Would be nice to believe in the change but I find I don't. I'm for it, I will support it where/when I can but as it is, it looks like planting seeds in a desolate desert. Honestly I think even the planet's after-life is dominated by Young Souls. 

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • WHAT/WOW! 1
  • SAD 2

NickG

Ok so I completely am feeling the same thing here these  past couple months. I try to hold on to hope but it just seems worse and worse as the months go by. Whenever I feel this way I always return to this scene in the Two Towers. It’s sentimental and idealistic as all hell but the message really helps me return to a place of inner safety so I can keep trudging on. I hope it does something for you all as well. 

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • THANK YOU! 2

michael_k

Well if we want to talk politics and the 'Trumpocalypse' that seems to have reached Brazil as of now, remember that the pendulum can always swing back. Australia had its own version of Trump back in 2013 when Tony Abbott got elected, until he was pulled out of leadership by his own party and replaced with someone more moderate (Malcolm Turnbull) who barely won the 2016 election. Turnbull has now been replaced as well and it looks like the (not-so) Liberal Party which has had three different leaders within two political terms is going to lose the next election in 2019 and allow a more progressive party (Labor) to take control.

Back when Abbott was elected, winning 90 seats in a 150-seat House of Representatives, the media were going mad saying that Labor would be out of power for a generation. This has not happened and Abbott soon lost credibility for being a wingnut to the extent that his own party had to push him to the side. Donald Trump is not going to be in power forever, and the aftermath of his leadership is going to open the door to a lot of objective criticism which will inform new leaders to hopefully take better paths and learn from his mistakes.

Edited by michael_k
  • LIKE/LOVE 10

Sam K

Seems to me that we have no need for hope in the broadest sense; we already know how this is going to end.  There is literally nothing Young souls can do to avert growth permanently.  In that sense, even they "win" in the end, since growth is to their benefit.

"The embodied soul is eternal in existence, indestructible, and infinite; only the material body is factually perishable.  Therefore, fight, O Arjuna." 

• LIKE/LOVE 2

NickG
1 hour ago, Sam K said:

Seems to me that we have no need for hope in the broadest sense; we already know how this is going to end.  There is literally nothing Young souls can do to avert growth permanently.  In that sense, even they "win" in the end, since growth is to their benefit.

"The embodied soul is eternal in existence, indestructible, and infinite; only the material body is factually perishable.  Therefore, fight, O Arjuna." 

To be honest I don’t think anything is inevitable. That sounds like fate type musings to me and I just do not believe in that. The reason I think we are where we are in this period is because of all the little choices, actions, and events that people make day in and day out. Maybe I just have a weird problem with the word inevitable ? 

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Sam K
19 minutes ago, NickG said:

To be honest I don’t think anything is inevitable. That sounds like fate type musings to me and I just do not believe in that. The reason I think we are where we are in this period is because of all the little choices, actions, and events that people make day in and day out. Maybe I just have a weird problem with the word inevitable ? 

I don't believe in fate either, but there are some basic aspects of existence that are "built in," so to speak.  Being born in a physical body naturally implies physical death at some point, for example.  In the same way, we're "bound" for advancement in the soul age cycle simply by virtue of the fact that we entered the cycle in the first place.

In the same way that you can't will yourself to be physically immortal, Young souls can't forestall our collective growth forever.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

KurtisM

I agree with @Sam K that this healing was bound to happen from the beginning.

Simply by nature of our joining in to a Grand Cycle, we WILL move through all the soul age levels personally and collectively.

What was/is NOT bound to happen is the timing, resistance/comprehension levels, who's playing what roles in the world etc. Those are all dependent on our choices. That is the story we play out.

So the outcome will always result in evolution, but we choose the path to that physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.

I realized that recently on my own- being that even if we resist shifting paradigms now, we will keep returning to this turning/tipping point over and over until we finally get it.

However, the fact that we have that free wiled choice to repeat such a big lesson in "violence management" has nothing on the fact that real people and souls will continue to get traumatized and suffer if we continue to perpetuate an outdated system.

Any way we cut it, the young soul paradigm has been thoroughly learned by us and helped facilitate our sense of success, expression, desire, competition and individuality.

We went on our grand adventures across all of our various parallels and timelines. The Mature Soul Paradigm just brings those seemingly disparate parts together- which is ironically much better than some think because then we get to actually share our experiences, not just gain them.

Btw @NickG. I also agree with you, I do not enjoy fate. But I do think the soul age levels are the most fatalistic thing we have in the Michael Teachings. They're like markers to our Essence in the same way we mark our human lives by certain rites of Birth, Childhood, Adolescence, Adulthood, Elderhood, Mortality and After-life/Causal Existence.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 9
  • THANK YOU! 1

NickG
25 minutes ago, KurtisM said:

What was/is NOT bound to happen is the timing, resistance/comprehension levels, who's playing what roles in the world etc. Those are all dependent on our choices. That is the story we play out.

So the outcome will always result in evolution, but we choose the path to that physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.

I realized that recently on my own- being that even if we resist shifting paradigms now, we will keep returning to this turning/tipping point over and over until we finally get it.

This is what came to my mind initially, although I wasn't clear in conveying that at all lol Thanks for voicing this Kurtis and Sam too. I do know that evolution is essentially inevitable it's just with the way things are right now, it almost seems like that evolution will be on a dead planet, with more authoritarian governments and such. Eventually that too shall pass........ hopefully ? but hoping for me just helps me get through the day. It helps me to be a better person, to act as a better person if I'm working/believing in something that's an improvement towards something. I personally need that kind of dynamic but understand that doesn't mean everyone else does. 

• LIKE/LOVE 10

Matt

Everytime i think the world is getting better, i read a comment section on any number of facebook posts and realize quickly the amount of heartless assholes in this world is very high, and it makes me see just how far we have to go yet. 

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • SAD 1

Connor

Bear in mind, concerning comments sections on the internet, we also have no idea of knowing which comments are from real people and which ones are from bots or people hired specifically to sow confusion and anger. We might be surprised at how much propaganda from other governments, and from our own, we consume on a daily basis. Comments sections are a hall of mirrors, I grew up in them as the Internet unfolded, and only recently have I begun to stop looking at them.

Curiously enough, Michael presents the concept of 'hope' as a disempowering thing, and they aren't wrong. Hope is imagining a better world and wishing it will come about, which in most cases is useless on its own without action to follow through. It's a good starting point, but it is not good work to have hope and then leave yourself there.

I should also point out that completing our Grand Cycles and evolving through the soul ages...actually is NOT guaranteed. It is chosen. According to Shepherd Hoodwin, Essences have the ability to opt out of a Grand Cycle partway through, if they choose, and return to Tao early. It's like Essence-level suicide. And even if our Essences choose not to 'off themselves', there is also no guarantee we will finish our Grand Cycles as Humans on Planet Earth, anymore than the Cetaceans were guaranteed a full cycle of lives on their original planet before they fucked it up.

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 2
  • WHAT/WOW! 1

AnnaD
4 hours ago, Connor said:

Curiously enough, Michael presents the concept of 'hope' as a disempowering thing, and they aren't wrong. Hope is imagining a better world and wishing it will come about, which in most cases is useless on its own without action to follow through. It's a good starting point, but it is not good work to have hope and then leave yourself there.

Exactly this. Besides being a diversity embracing activist Old or Mature soul who won't kill another intentionally *Just To Watch Him Die*, but a diversity embracing activist Old/Mature soul who is then fighting, in a civil war, in America/Brazil/UK the bigots, and kills bigots, what else can one do to move this shit on? The US 2018 election will I think, incite riots of bigotry, possibly a civil war, civil wars are a lie, there is nothing civil or Play by the Rules about it. So when do we volunteer our heads for the war??? As just Thoughts and Prayers and Hope that Bigots will come around does Fuck All. What actions are required by diversity loving Old/Mature souls that make HOPE work? Strategies are important here. Not thoughts and prayers. Hope is only useful if there is an effective strategy. 

Having hope that the world will become more inclusive is ineffectual. My guess is that our actions in advocating for diversity on earth particularly in America, during election time, might involve getting injured, at best. What actions teamed with hope can an Old/Mature soul give to the cause of inclusivity and embracing diversity without giving themselves as a civil war victim?

One has to have hope to continue to consciously carry on in this horrible world ( I am looking at you Trump's America, Brexit Britain, Fascists emboldened everywhere, profit above everything else=more people are going without/homeless, inability to live safely as a diverse living thing (humans of colour/queer/trans/intersex/farm animals/exploited animals) without fear of being erased in a ghetto/slaughterhouse/concentration camp.

I sure as shit don't want this world. It is beyond awful. And i am a white lesbian cis female. I am sheltered from a lot of bigotry because my skin is white, and I am a cis female. I use my privelege, my power as an educated, employed, legitimate human being to make loud (NAZI undermining and sabotaging), inclusive comments, however, I live in New Zealand, away from confederacy flags and their deliverance ilk. I can afford to make inclusive comments and not be assassinated. Also we have strict gun laws.  New Zealanders have a Labour (liberal with a Green Party coalition) government.. 

America/Britain/Brazil need to vote in Democratic, diversity inclusive, anti bigotry governments and supreme courts. America needs a new voting system. America needs a lot to be honest. 

People need to be safe to be themselves - and protected from bigotry.

Obama's America would be a superb start. I can't see many of us surviving the US election. I have a sense of dread about it. I suspect civil wars will erupt and unite. And I hate that people are going to die for voting Democrat. But we will see. The fire is already lit, that's all....

Edited by AnnaD
  • LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 2

Christian
8 hours ago, Matt said:

Everytime i think the world is getting better, i read a comment section on any number of facebook posts and realize quickly the amount of heartless assholes in this world is very high, and it makes me see just how far we have to go yet. 

Don't read the comments.  

What I see is the culmination of the young soul world.   Rome was an excellent example of how to be young soul.  Expand, conquer and assimilate into a hegemony.  Carolingian's followed suit.  Along with ever other empire since. 

Do it our way or die. 

Trump is perfectly emblematic of the young soul mindset. I can do what I want and you have to follow. 

How I am seeing it fall apart is interesting.   All previous Empires did the same thing.  As they expanded they consolidated power. All the power was in the Crown in London, and then it shifted to Parliament. All Roads lead to Rome.  The power of the US is ostensibly in the hands of the Federal government.  What people often forget, is the constitution was written to limit that power.   The States have enormous power over their local populations and arguably affect us more often on a regular basis than the Federal government. 

We are already seeing, because of the reaction to Obama and now the reaction to Trump, the State working together to check Federal power.  

Going further low paid employees are beginning to strike. As already mentioned more Co-ops are springing up. 

Decentralization of power is going to be key to a mature soul world.   If the mature soul is, "you do what you want to do and let me do what I want"  then local solutions will filter up.  Rather than edicts from above.  

I see more organization down to neighborhood levels, which re-organize local government and on up.  Like a helix, sorta.   A series of circles.   where as circles or spheres interact,  a new one is formed to handle those interactions and so on and so forth so that someone in your neighborhood is most like on a state level circle and all the ones in between with term limits. 

This would make it more difficult for any group to claim national power and possibly make it so that local issues get the attention. 

So....."the fall and collapse"  is happening...but we are paying attention and working locally to do what we can. 

• LIKE/LOVE 12
  • THANK YOU! 3

Sam K

@Christian, agreed.  I think one of the reasons that things look as hopeless as they do is that the places where the biggest cracks are forming in the current paradigm are places that we're not accustomed to thinking of as "seats of power;" local communities, everyday lifestyle choices, even just the way people think of themselves in relation to the world.

That's not to say that Young souls holding the traditional sources of power is inconsequential or that they won't have to be confronted on that level too.  It's just that the reversal is starting at a level that isn't immediately visible.

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • THANK YOU! 2

Tyrone
2 hours ago, Sam K said:

It's just that the reversal is starting at a level that isn't immediately visible.

Definitely.

One thing that keeps me grounded and focused amid crazy news is following commentators within the progressive movement in the United States.  They really don't get represented in mainstream media anywhere close to the proportion of the effect they're having, imo, especially since the 2016 election.  

In that vein, I think one person that does a really god job at delivering both the good and the bad news with an objective approach is Kyle Kulinski of "Secular Talk".  He comes across to me as a really positive-polled old Sage in the Realist attitude, and I love his channel.  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCldfgbzNILYZA4dmDt4Cd6A

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Ingun

Bolsonaro has a military background... I think that says quite a bit in addition to the horrible quotes that can be found of what he is capable of saying.

It will be a loss that Angela Merkel is not seeking re-election as German Chancellor.

It's a mess in politics all over these days, also here in Scandinavia.

Norway is a little country, and we're having the biggest ever military exercise led by nato, with 51000 participants from different countries. Even Sweden and Finland has joined, and they're not part of the alliance. The russians are showing muscles with a missiltesting or two ... It's all mainly happening in the middle part of Norway, not all the way up north... they would probably freeze to death going all the way up there, except for the russians, I'm sure they would not. I also read that 6-7000 american soldiers have drunk up all the bear in Reykjavik/Island.... which was not a planned stop, but due to  repair/maintenance on a ship.

What a waist of money and resources it is all over in this world.

India and China has the world fastest growing population of millionaries... if I remember correctly... and 30% of the population in India still can't read and write...

Edited by Ingun
  • LIKE/LOVE 2
  • SAD 3

Sam K
20 hours ago, Connor said:

I should also point out that completing our Grand Cycles and evolving through the soul ages...actually is NOT guaranteed. It is chosen. According to Shepherd Hoodwin, Essences have the ability to opt out of a Grand Cycle partway through, if they choose, and return to Tao early. It's like Essence-level suicide. 

In a reality where all is choice, I would argue that the choice to evolve IS a guarantee.  That is, as long as you choose to keep playing, you will progress in the Game.  You can always quit, but based on the available evidence, most choose to see it through.

• LIKE/LOVE 3