Sarah

WTF is happening on this planet?

Bobby
21 hours ago, Connor said:

According to Shepherd Hoodwin, Essences have the ability to opt out of a Grand Cycle partway through, if they choose, and return to Tao early. It's like Essence-level suicide. And even if our Essences choose not to 'off themselves', there is also no guarantee we will finish our Grand Cycles as Humans on Planet Earth, anymore than the Cetaceans were guaranteed a full cycle of lives on their original planet before they fucked it up.

Based upon my understanding of things, I have to call Bull Shit on this idea of "opting out."  It does not fit with anything that Michael has shared with us... through Troy anyway. 

• LIKE/LOVE 10
  • WHAT/WOW! 1

Janet
1 hour ago, Bobby said:

Based upon my understanding of things, I have to call Bull Shit on this idea of "opting out." It does not fit with anything that Michael has shared with us... through Troy anyway. 

I think the idea of opting out is personality driven, and to me, Shepherd's article reflects personality driven ideas. The article likely works well for his base of students.

IMO, any Essence that has done multiple Grand Cycles knows the game plan and isn't likely to want to opt out. Hard times on Planet Earth? From Troy's channeling, it appears that Essences LOVE that.

However, if all is choice for the personality, then all is choice for Essence as well. Perhaps a few Essences just don't like the Grand Cycle for one reason or another and would like to exit the game. I don't think it's possible to "enlighten" your way out of the Grand Cycle, but suppose an Essence wants to abandon the experience for a valid reason, whatever that might be? I think we should ask about this. Perhaps there are Grand Cycle walk-ins! 

Most likely, there was sufficient time to play around with the concepts of the Grand Cycle before joining, so everyone is committed to the whole game. On the other hand, perhaps a Grand Cycle is like Ikea. Everyone tends to wander the official path through the store, but when you just can't take it anymore, there are doors that allow you to get out. ?

• LIKE/LOVE 12
  • THANK YOU! 1
  • WHAT/WOW! 1

Connor

I know this much: for the vast majority of my time studying Michael, based on my understanding of Essence, I have ASSUMED that Essences always finish their Grand Cycles. When I came across material from a credible channel which contradicted that assumption, the only reasonable thing to do was stop assuming. This concept will simply need more fleshing out, which is going to be very juicy.

• LIKE/LOVE 9

JeanneS

I agree with @Janet in that all is choice.  It is a choice for an Essence to leave the Tao and incarnate and I think it is possible to choose to go back to the Tao without finishing a cycle.  I think it is probably rare for an Essence to opt-out in the middle of a grand cycle, but it feels right to me that it is possible. 

Also, the Ikea analogy is perfect!  And hilarious!

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Sam K

Yeah, it seems a reasonable-enough thing to me too.  If I, as personality, can get bored of a particular game and stop playing midway through, why not Essence?  Of course, the bar for Essence to "get bored" is probably much, much higher than a personality's.

Either way, will be interesting to see what Michael says through Troy.

Edited by Sam K
  • LIKE/LOVE 3

Rosario

damn Essence I hope you don't get bored bitch, I aint here for nothin!!

?

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • LOL 7

Uma

From what I understand Michael has said, boredom happens when Essence is not present. How can Sentience be bored? 

From:  Michael Speaks -- Conscious Connection to Essence (3 of 3)

Boredom is always a symptom of Maya and is a literal self-lie to remove responsibility. When Boredom is indulged in, you are living in a space of time that was created from want of “having more time”, then when it arrives, you seek to fill it. This all happens because creation on the Physical Plane is denser and slower, therefore the space and time sought “shows up”, but sometimes out of synch with your faster moving mind. Making a note that Boredom is a sign of forgetting your original intentions can help make more of that time. It is not required, of course, that you continue with your original intentions, but release the judgments about EXPERIENCING the slowing of time and take a moment to stop. When we say this is a self-lie to remove responsibility, we mean this in terms of being able to respond, not in terms of discipline.

and also, from 

Boredom is the result of rejection of Essence, and like a dog with anxiety cut off from his sense of resource, can chew off his own skin to keep busy with distraction.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

NicholasV

I can’t locate the session but I recall Michael said that suicide either occurs from intolerable pain or when the personality has decided there’s nothing further to learn from the experience anymore. Perhaps essence could also work like that.

KurtisM

Also keep in mind that a Grand Cycle includes moving through all of the kingdoms on a planet first.

From living as devas shaping molecules and minerals in the land/ocean/sky.

To living as flora, which are dependently immobile organisms that must synthesize various nutrients to express and create beautiful leaves, flowers, fruit/veg and seeds.

Then insects/fish/microorganisms which are centered around independently mobile coordination.

Then as cold-blooded animals which are the first to really sit calmly with, refine and study their emotions. Plus, this is where we really become reflections of our environment by soaking it all up & conducting it.

Then as birds which radically express those emotions.

Then as lower mammals which tend to have more of a conceptualization of the past, future and long-term preparation for things like winter.

Then as higher mammals which tend to have more of a conceptualization of self-growth, art, essence recognition and choice.

So if we can opt out of grand cycles i imagine it'd be before we get to the point of embodiment in Infant Level 1. That Level 1 speaks to me as the actual commitment to experiencing separation.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 4

NicholasV

What about “all is choice”?