KurtisM

The title isn't meant to convey I want to deconstruct the concept of Soul Age levels, but it is meant to convey I've been thinking of them again and have some things to add.

The Polarities of each soul age level have always eluded me. Versatility? Consolidation? Eclecticism? What do those even mean?

Luckily as we ask & access more information, I've gotten to understand the terms better and now can grasp what each level may actually feel like, and how they add to each other cyclically.

Trying to piece them together into understanding, it suddenly dawned on me that perhaps the soul age level polarities also have polarities, just like the Goals and Body Types do?

Then each Soul Age Level would have 7 States of Experience.

The more I look into the overleaves, the more I think that all of our modes, attitudes, roles etc. have polarities to each of their polarities. The Ms have said that the number 7 is used in our universe to facilitate CYCLES OF PROPULSION/EVOLUTION. That's because there is always an initiatory stage/state, a refinement state/stage, a motivational state/stage, a neutral state/stage, a disruptive state/stage, an integrative state/stage and a comprehensive state/stage. The first three are ordinal states/stages, the last three are cardinal states/stages.

If each trait has 7 States therein then they're not merely designed as a constant triad of negative-positive-neutral, but also have ordinal and cardinal elements within those negative/positive polarities so that each pole can experience evolution as well.

With that in mind, I tried exploring what these 7 States might be for each Level:

LEVEL 1- A Process of AWAKENING to the new Soul Age.

(Comfort) -Simplicity (Reduction) - Level of Awakening - (Awareness) +Purpose (Curiosity)

Complacency refers to being content with where/who you are. Reduction is the reactive effort to simplify something complex/overwhelming. Awareness is the conscious realization that there's something new to know. Curiosity is the impulse to move towards that.

I find it interesting that I got Awareness and Curiosity, because both of these are responsibilities each soul age carries.

LEVEL 2- A Process of COMPARING this Soul Age to the last.

(Displacement) -Balance (Replacement) - Level of Comparison - (Centering) +Stability (Flexibility)

Displacement is being thrown off balance, while Replacement is trying to return to where/who one was. Centering is the state of being at the fulcrum or core of one's awareness. Flexibility is being able to take what you have and move with it into new experiences.

LEVEL 3- A Process of INTERNALIZING the Soul Age.

(Collection) -Versatility (Adjustment) - Level of Internalization - (Cohesion) +Enterprise (Utilization)

Collection is the passive accumulation of experiences one gains through life. Adjustment is the active effort to try/test new ideas & make sense of any conflict/discrepancy between them. Cohesion brings the most effective/sound ideas together because they form a good foundation. Utilization uses that foundation to produce/become/defend something specific.

LEVEL 4- A Process of EXTERNALIZING the Soul Age.

(Attainment) -Achievement (Representation) - Level of Externalization - (Integration) +Consolidation (Manifestation)

Attainment aims to reach the next step in one's growth/awareness, while Representation brings that achievement out to convey a part of self. Integration fully understands an experience as it actually reflects and contributes to self. Manifestation happens when one completely aligns with & expresses their total essence/wholeness.

LEVEL 5- A Process of STRETCHING OUT the Soul Age.

(Stimulation) -Adventure (Exploration) - Level of Stretch/Extension - (Development) +Expansion (Maximization)

Stimulation is the reception to a new experience/impulse, while Exploration actually and willfully experiences that. Development is the continual effort to grow bigger, better, farther, stronger etc. than where/how one is; while Maximization makes the most out of life as possible.

Level 6- A Process of RESOLVING KARMA generated through the Soul Age.

(Magnetization) -Connection (Attachment) - Level of Karma - (Coordination) +Harmony (Resonance)

Magnetization is two+ influences coming into connection- aka. the pull of Karma; while Attachment is the permanent bind/bond of that relationship. Coordination is the effort to harmonize, while Resonance is the actual synchronization of self and other.

LEVEL 7- A Process of TEACHING the Soul Age.

(Inconsistency) -Eclecticism (Differentiation) - Level of Teaching - (Consistency) +Inculcation (Exemplification)

Inconsistency adopts and lives out various whims/doctrines/styles/methods as one moves through life- never sticking with them, so always changing. Differentiation is the result of one's experiences separating them from/above/below others.

Consistency is the repetition of experiences to instill them throughout self, while Exemplification is the causal teaching of that to others through one's behavior/lifestyle/word.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 15

Timothy J Sullivan

This is good work, Kurtis. Makes sense to me. I can see other dynamics within these levels as well. A cycling between the poles at each level, as various scenarios of experience play out across time. Perhaps there is a cycling or movement between levels even...not sure. How does essence "decide" when one level is completed, and the next is opening up? 

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 1

Philip Wittmeyer

Chew on the attached document and get back to me with comments and questions, fellow Scholar-cast Artisan. This is a chapter in my book manuscript, A History of the Overleaf Chart, in Part Three called "Essays on Issues".

PT3j-NamesOfLevels.pdf

Edited by Philip Wittmeyer
  • WHAT/WOW! 1

John Roth
16 hours ago, Philip Wittmeyer said:

Chew on the attached document and get back to me with comments and questions, fellow Scholar-cast Artisan. This is a chapter in my book manuscript, A History of the Overleaf Chart, in Part Three called "Essays on Issues".

PT3j-NamesOfLevels.pdf

I just did.a quick read, with emphasis on the word quick, so while I see some of what you're saying, I haven't by any means done the in-depth analysis it deserves. I do have one observation: when I first saw Termination for Ordinal Action (Warrior, etc) I was a bit confused because I usually associate the word with a forceful ending of something that may not be at all complete. When I saw the complete chart at the end, it became a bit clearer: the King starts something, and the Warrior brings it to fruition.

Or have I misunderstood?

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Philip Wittmeyer

John, you have not misunderstood. "Termination" might not be the word that everyone would chose for the Ordinal Action "Process".

To may way of thinking, the essence of Ordinality is 'no-ness', and the essence of Cardinality is 'yes-ness'.

One way for a Michael student to come up with a word that suits them better is to study the common theme of all the names/meanings of the seven '"Aspects" (Goal, Attitude, etc.) of a Process, in this case: Submission, Martyrdom, Cynic, Moving, Warrior, Perseverance.

Another way is to compare and contrast all the names/meanings of the Ordinal Action Aspects with the complementary Cardinal Action Aspects. Doing so, I came up with the name "Origination" for the Cardinal Action Process; in this case the Aspects are: Dominance, Impatience, Realist, Higher Moving, King, Aggression.

A student can also compare and contrast the name of the Ordinal Action Process, "Termination", with the Ordinal Action Aspect, which the Michaels chose to call "Goal". Thus, Termination = Goal (Origination = Mode). Origination and Mode (Cardinal Action) refer to the initiation (yes-ness) of Action, and Termination and Goal (Ordinal Action) refer to the completion (no-ness) of Action. This is all very abstract.

Yet another way to deeply understand Processes and Aspects is to understand everything in the Overleaf System in terms of logic, mathematics, and physics. In which case, the Overleaf System applies not just to the personality of humans, but it also applies to the "Personality" of "Universe".  Via experiencing the Overleaves in personality, we come to understand the Personality of Universe. Overleaves are the human-level instantiations of Universal Archetypes. Perhaps you did not see my book manuscript chapter on that, attached to this comment: 

• LIKE/LOVE 1

KurtisM

I've been rethinking Soul Age Level 1 and I think "Comfort" fits better for the inner - extreme, more than "Complacency".

I think complacency fits better as a component for Level 7 of each soul age instead- because it's about being satisfied with where you are compared to all you've been through. But Level 7 implies that one still has work to do, so that complacency must be broken for one to teach and inculcate each soul age's lessons.

Comfort implies more of a focus on finding or being in a state of ease and familiarity. Which fits with the resonance to Server, to the -Pole of Simplicity, and to the starting point in any Hero's Journey.

This shift into seeing one's addiction to Comfort in Complacency through Awareness seems to be how the 7th Level connects to the 1st Level.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 1