Troy

ENERGY REPORT: November 2018

Bobby
2 minutes ago, DianeHB said:

Thank you Bobby. Let’s all take a chill pill. 

Got anything stronger?¬† ūüėĄ

• LOL 7

RachelL
On 11/2/2018 at 6:44 PM, Troy said:

November 11th - 27th ¬†-- ENERGY SHIFT -- COMPOSURE -- ¬†This looks to be an Energy Shift with a focus on regrouping, refocusing, and bracing for a new level of intense focus as a means of moving forwardÔĽŅ.

I don't normally comment on Energy Reports, but I am feeling this Energy Shift. It finally feels like I am moving forward - leaving my desk job that was wreaking havoc on my physical and mental well being and now having an interview for a job that I truly want at my neighborhood library. It has also been great to reconnect with old friends. It does require more effort and focus to make these changes, but it is so much easier when there is an undercurrent of inspiration carrying you along.

• LIKE/LOVE 14
  • THANK YOU! 1

Leela Corman

@RachelL, I definitely feel the shift you describe. October was really painful for me for very personal reasons, and in the past couple of weeks I've sought to deal with that pain by doing some psychic hygeine - decording/recording as Michael has described, which helped SO MUCH! and doing space clearing work in both my new studio and my home, which really seems to have propelled me forward. I had been in a situation that was dragging me down and distracting me from all of my other relationships and responsibilities - family, band, teaching, etc. Not that I was dropping the ball in any of those areas, but my heart was distracted. So, I can really recommend psychic hygeine practices, whatever sort works for you. 

I distinctly feel something shifting in the past week or so. Multiple shifts, really; I feel it today, too. For myself I feel a deep undercurrent of excitement about the future, what next year will bring in projects, and my career is getting all kinds of good boosts lately. The personal is what it is, and I feel a sense of trust that I can navigate it; right now I'm navigating it by trying to kinda protect myself from myself, if that makes any sense.

• LIKE/LOVE 8

petra
@Rachel  This is what you once said in your own words and I loved it so much, and it fits so well what you just described.

Rachel: "I need to listen for that gentle nudge of inspiration and act on it, awaken to my true work"

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU! 1

Leela Corman

Ugh, for sure feeling that lack of power with others, but it's personal. There's someone I need to work with me on something and they're just not in a place to at the moment and I've got to figure out how I get them to without overwhelming them with the truth, which is that they need to step up and do it, for the sake of both my own heart and our friendship. HAHAHA, this person and I are in one another's Discipline positions, hey hey baby! Interestingly this is a person who views me as very powerful, and themselves as powerless, but I experience them as having all the power and myself as having none, in our dynamic, except what they grant me when they want to/are able to. Oh, power relationships are such fun.

I'm pretty used to feeling like I/those I stand with have little to no power in collective issues so it's a little easier to put those in perspective. I'm interested to see what comes after the 27th, because I definitely still feel all that shifting around happening. 

Also when do we get out of this Z-grade political soap opera about a gang of Fascist buffoons and their craven enablers? Whoever wrote it is a hack and all the actors suck.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Bogi

The last 3 weeks have been very shifty-shifty. This period kinda reminds me of July, which had around the same quality. I definitely worked back then on the same issues. Now I think, I have reached the other side of the same coin, and may have reached a conclusion.

The conclusion for me is that the remembering/ recognition process described in my preview for this year is just precise.

I am remembering myself, I am re-aligning with myself. With all the facades and external happenings, this whole thing was about me. To find the way back to myself.

To accept more, to love more. Everything starts with me, therefore I need to love and accept myself first to be able to love and accept other people.

Yesterday night I ran into an uneasy and unnecessary situation. Also on Saturday. Both situations were self-inflicted.

Michael described me just recently in my Family Ikon that I am too curious for my own sake. That is true. The theme of Power and the CF of Greed came up when I wanted to know things, whereas I just should let things happen, to let other people decide.

I have to let myself be, so I can let them be. I need to surrender.

These two situations caused that some people are giving me the cold shoulder now. And that was the moment when I realized that I have myself, and that is perfectly enough. 

This realization surfaced a lot of times during this year, but now I recognize that IT IS the realization that I needed. 

I am owning up my mistakes. I am sorry for them, I am learning from them. But that does not mean that I have to stop loving and accepting myself.

It was interesting that the mistake I made on Sunday night, was the same mistake I made back in July. 

I am not going to do it again. I am ready to move on.

• LIKE/LOVE 9

KurtisM

In the last 2 days I have been incredibly irritated.

I'm sick of waiting for a better economy. I spent a lot of the last few months realizing that how the economy works, how we live, how we get our resources etc. just plain do not work anymore.

I now see better potential directions we can go where we use resources to contribute, where we see our access points to changing institutions, where we can break free from limiting hierarchies and standards, where working for a living is outdated and replaced by working for the pleasure of it, where corporations shift out of preserving their business just to keep money and shift to producing things of actual value.

I will do all I can to help move us in that direction, but right now the idea and reality of being stuck in a debt-based profit-driven work till you drop economy is really drowning me. I dont need to live the rest of my life in that system to understand it no longer works.

Guess I might as well work through the feelings...

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 6

Ingun

I'm also tired and sick of the debt-based economy. I'm also so tired of the modern slavery, the exploitation, the misuse, the abuse, squandering, lavishness, the spending and buying, the ignorance, the indifference, the discrimination, and the cancer-like greed that is all over, with the mantra of more, more, more. The economy is exausted, people are exausted, nature is exausted because of us. And now that December comes, people are just adding ten times to that. But I'm not buying a shit during December, and I'm not adding to any of the sicknesses anymore or any longer. The climate we live in needs change now, and only we can do that.

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 3

Sam K

What is meant here by "debt-based economy?"  Just curious, as my reaction to it differs depending on the definition being used.

Bobby
6 hours ago, Sam K said:

What is meant here by "debt-based economy?"  Just curious, as my reaction to it differs depending on the definition being used.

As I understand it, money-wealth is created by borrowing.  Every dollar in existence was created when someone borrowed it.  It shows the ridiculousness of the system because the interest to be paid on every borrowed dollar isn't created so in effect, the system eventually has to crash and burn.  The only way the system survives, temporarily, is through constant expansion so enough dollars exist to pay the interest owed.  When a debt is paid, the money supply decreases.  If all debts were paid, as if that could happen, there would be no money.  It is designed to insure that events like the great depression at worst and minimally recession frequently happen.  When interest can't be paid either because of lack of expansion of the money supply, those assets that had money lent upon them are reclaimed and all the money paid to borrow them up to that point is kept in addition to the original assets.  Depressions and recessions are key points where great wealth is transferred and then the system reboots and starts again.  It's like a giant game of musical chairs.  Who is left standing when the music stops?  Those who can't get their hands on the money to pay.

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU! 1

KurtisM

Also @Sam K, I also use DEBT to refer to the fact that it carries into not just physical, but emotional and intellectual parts of life too.

Basically, in the economy we live in if we want/need anything we seek out those who have more of it (or hopefully have more of it) but those sources we seek from either withhold  what we want/need or put conditions on it.

That means we have to keep coming back to them, and thus become indebted to them to gain what we want/need.

All relationships under this economy then become based in CO-DEPENDENCY, because there will always be someone who controls and another who is controlled.

This is a system designed by Young Souls to control Baby Souls from becoming chaotic nuisances that prevent Young Souls from doing what they want.

But it also affects every Mature and Old Soul as well- because until a Mature Soul realizes how power and wealth can be shared, they will refrain from rising up together- and until an Old Soul stops resigning apathetically, they will remove themselves from social change under the guise and excuse that it's pointless.

A Debt Based Economy tries to put a price tag on everything so that there is always someone who owns that.

The only things it can't price and own is what is abundant- such as air and sunlight. But it will do what it can to reduce or corrupt those abundant things too to earn more.

It then creates a dominant medium of capital that people have to use to get things.

In our case that has become money, but it could be anything such as good looks, sex, compliments, grades, newest tech, material security etc.

Anything one can collect that is viewed as the highest symbol of status.

Those who don't have enough of this capital then can't get what they want or need so they will suffer and often die.

A step up from this system is a RESOURCE-BASED ECONOMY that founds relationships upon CO-CREATIVITY.

This is an economy that removes the middle man capital and just gives value to you and the resource you want/need.

When we say we want money, we don't actually want it, we want what it can get us. That's the resource. It's also actually real, unlike money.

We can create a Resource-based Economy by using Science, Technology and Humanitarianism to create an abundant quality of life for all, while declaring all resources the common heritage of all the world's people.

Because everyone can then have anything, provided it is available, this leads to Co-Creation which means two+ people will create their relationship together by informing, understanding, improving etc. each other from a place of resonance and guidance rather than control.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 8

Sam K

@KurtisM Thank you, this makes your meaning clear.

My accepted interpretation of our current economic system (an interpretation generally referred to as Modern Monetary Theory or MMT) has a different understanding of how money production actually works, so I don't see "debt" in the sense of "the national debt" as being a real problem.  The functioning of the monetary system is very different from the nature of the economy itself, though, and I do agree that the basic assumptions supporting capitalism are unsustainable.  An RBE is definitely what we need to be heading for.

• THANK YOU! 1

Maureen

I've literally dreamed of being immersed in a Choice or Resource-based Economy and daydream about it ALL the time. It's never far from my thoughts. In many ways I'm already "practicing" by giving freely of myself and my "services", without monetary recompense, where I can. I make a point of noticing myself and others "practicing" this and I say to myself "yes, I'm/we're getting ready" and it makes me smile.

Here's some channeling from Michael (via Troy) that might add to the conversation on Economies:

CHOICE ECONOMY 

Original question posted by Jon on 10/13/08:

Michael recently spoke of our economy based on debt being replaced by one based on choice... what does an economy based on choice look like? What are the key differences?

I guess that the debt economy is based on the idea that "you owe me... because I did something for you". What is a choice economy based off of? Perhaps prioritization of resources?

Is the system the same, but with a different emphasis... or is the system markedly different?

FROM MICHAEL: 

An economy generated by Choice would be one in which each individual finds that which he or she is best at contributing and then does so because it feels good to do, create, give that thing. This is then reciprocated by the joy others have found in discovering what they feel good about doing, creating, giving.

Access to all resources is based on personal need and not on hoarding. No one would tend to take more than is needed because the concept of competition has come to a close.

Competition is replaced with Contribution. Natural joy and fulfillment evolves from the emphasis on Giving, and not just on the Consuming. "Laziness" is no longer a concern, because it is comprehended that for one to Give or Contribute, it must come from Choice, not from obligation or expectation. This tends toward a community that sustains inspiration and enthusiasm, while honoring the fluctuating moods and choices of the individual.

There are no debts because when one cannot, or chooses not to, give or contribute, he is seen as simply making a choice that will then be replaced with another choice at another time.

This economy tends to begin with a leaning toward fields organized within contexts of NEED and WANT, with some amount of overlapping. For instance, foods, sanitation, water supplies, healing, teaching services may fall into the NEEDS contexts, while arts, entertainments, invention, spirituality may fall into the WANTS contexts. Of course, the overlapping occurs when one can see Art as a form of Healing, or Invention as a form of support for Sanitation, etc. The economy of Choice then tends to discover that everything is "needed," and that "want" is a concept of the past when it was assumed that Want was less important than Need. In the evolved economy of Choice, it is quickly discovered that it is rare that one Wants more than one Needs, and that this is a relative concern best left to the individual's choice.

While there would still be pros and cons to this kind of economy (such as structure and consistencies), the pros far outweigh the cons in terms of health, happiness, and peace.

Reply by Leela on October 24, 2008:  

On a practical level, how does a choice-based economy deal with money and concepts of trade and markets? I don't mean stock markets, I mean actual markets.

I ask because it's hard to imagine, in real terms, what this would look like, since humanity has lived with market economies for a very long time.

FROM MICHAEL: (in response to Leela's comment)

Trade would still exist, but would be a matter of choice and comprehension, not rationing. Exchanges would be direct, rather than through the use of a controlling, irrelevant medium such as currency. A choice-based economy is a resource-based economy that does not rely on money. This may be a bizarre concept, but it is natural and a part of most evolving cultures at some point. In other words, a choice-based/resource-based economy would ask, "do we have the resources to provide what we need and want?" rather than "do we have the money to provide what we need and want?" Relying on resource as the factor for access and sharing frees up a massive depth of resources inherent within humanity that have rarely been tapped.

We realize we are speaking in simplistic terms, and this is partially due to the fact that what we describe would require much greater elaboration if we are to share the details of such an overhauling paradigm, and partially due to the limitations of this channel (and students) for delivering and comprehending such a paradigm.

We have suggested for Troy to read the works that are being explored and implemented by those within the kingdom of the Magnetic King, Jacque Fresco, and we would suggest the same for our students. In many parallels and vectors, this fragment holds the greatest impact on what you would consider to be your "future" as a species.

Edited by Maureen
  • LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU! 1

KurtisM

Might I also add to what Maureen posted, that in a full Resource-based Economy, everything is co-created.

Prosumerism becomes the way of life for every part of life.

What this means is that nothing will exist that can't be affected or improved by all people together.

People won't just help improve & contribute to each other, but they can help shape food production systems, resource use, resource allocation, technology, government structures, city planning, entertainment, information flow etc.

Everything becomes transparent, accessible and interactive in this system. Nothing is withheld or owned or protected.

This WILL begin to happen in the very near-future with access to 3D Printing, Automation, Virtual Reality, Free Renewable Energy and Global Mapping Algorithms of every single Resource on the planet and its shifting quantities and quality in real-time.

The only way it cannot is if Corporations build the above technologies into Centralized systems.

If that happens I guarantee that what you see in movies like "Ready Player One" where the people rebel against these centralized systems will occur.

Which is why I believe the upcoming Savior Generation will do just that if we don't make our resources and information freely available to all or more people now.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 4

Christian
8 hours ago, Bobby said:

As I understand it, money-wealth is created by borrowing.  Every dollar in existence was created when someone borrowed it.  It shows the ridiculousness of the system because the interest to be paid on every borrowed dollar isn't created so in effect, the system eventually has to crash and burn.  The only way the system survives, temporarily, is through constant expansion so enough dollars exist to pay the interest owed.  When a debt is paid, the money supply decreases.  If all debts were paid, as if that could happen, there would be no money.  It is designed to insure that events like the great depression at worst and minimally recession frequently happen.  When interest can't be paid either because of lack of expansion of the money supply, those assets that had money lent upon them are reclaimed and all the money paid to borrow them up to that point is kept in addition to the original assets.  Depressions and recessions are key points where great wealth is transferred and then the system reboots and starts again.  It's like a giant game of musical chairs.  Who is left standing when the music stops?  Those who can't get their hands on the money to pay.

yes exactly. 

Here is a bit more detail that I share with my classes, for those that are interested. 

Two definitions for simplicity sake.    Asset= someone owes you.   Liability = you owe someone.   T-table is a list of assets and Liabilities.  

Looking a generic consumer (GC) in the US.  They usually have liabilities of a mortgage, Credit Cards, perhaps an Auto loan, most often Student Loans.   Let's say these are all paid to Generic Bank (GB)  The GC also has assets of Cash, checking account, Savings account,  Perhaps an IRA or 401K.   I am keeping it limited for simplicity.

The assets of the GC are Liabilities to the GB.  So, the GB owes the GC the value of the Checking, Savings, and retirement accounts.  Thus, every Asset to someone is a liability to someone else. 

Now.  The GB has some different assets.   They have the assets of the GC loans.   They also have reserves on deposit at the Federal Reserve, cash,  and other bond and stock holdings.   

So now we have a third player. 

The Fed has liabilities of, literally all US currency minus coinage,  member bank legally required deposits at the Fed.  Their assets?   US Treasury Securities,  literally all the gold in Fort Knox, and some FOREX (ie foreign currency) 

What this literally means, is that currency is not created until the US Treasury Department creates the debt.   The US government then has to pay interest on those debts with cash that didn't exist until the debt was created.  The same thing happen with mortgages and every other debt. 

Bobby is right.  

The problem is the debt is the spice.   In this economy, it must flow.  When it stops, ie 2008,  things fall apart and the tertiary economy of the finance sector suddenly effects the very real economy of main street USA. 

It is an entirely unstable economic system.  The Fed was created in 1913 and has done a terrible job at managing the currency. Michael has stated that this time of economy has a built in time bomb that blows at about 100 years.   That time bomb is inflation.   Bobby explained that aspect very well.  Basically, the system has to keep expanding until it gnaws it's own corpse and dies. 

We are at the end of it.  

It remains to be seen how the collapse will happen.   We have been falling for 20 years.  Now we are in the end game.  

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU! 1

Christian
2 hours ago, KurtisM said:

Might I also add to what Maureen posted, that in a full Resource-based Economy, everything is co-created.

Prosumerism becomes the way of life for every part of life.

What this means is that nothing will exist that can't be affected or improved by all people together.

People won't just help improve & contribute to each other, but they can help shape food production systems, resource use, resource allocation, technology, government structures, city planning, entertainment, information flow etc.

Everything becomes transparent, accessible and interactive in this system. Nothing is withheld or owned or protected.

This WILL begin to happen in the very near-future with access to 3D Printing, Automation, Virtual Reality, Free Renewable Energy and Global Mapping Algorithms of every single Resource on the planet and its shifting quantities and quality in real-time.

The only way it cannot is if Corporations build the above technologies into Centralized systems.

If that happens I guarantee that what you see in movies like "Ready Player One" where the people rebel against these centralized systems will occur.

Which is why I believe the upcoming Savior Generation will do just that if we don't make our resources and information freely available to all or more people now.

Yes.  

The next economy will be decentralized.  The need-want dichotomy of the current system will fall away when everyone essentially has Star Trek Replicators in their home.  I stated in a blog on here before, I think, that I see it as a series of spheres down to the neighborhood level and gradually expands to the world level.  We begin to see ourselves as part of a whole and embrace the concept that we are our brother's keeper.  We must take care of each other to survive and flourish. 

In an nod to @Troy, this will also involve a possible elimination and certainly definitive reduction of animal consumption.  It is simply more economical to grow plants than fatten animals. I could also see moves "backward" so to speak.  In that it would become a relatively common site to see herds of goats, sheep, cows, etc used as lawn mowers with natural fertilizer.   Fowl are useful in gardening for pest elimination and given that chicken will eat anything, some waste composting.  We currently have process being worked on that can potentially turn a human body into compost in about 90 days.  So, there is even a possibility than then animals that die would then be turned into food for the plants that fed them just like us.  

I feel this will also achieve something closer to what Marx envisioned.   The state system will probably still exist longer as it is so ingrained in our history.  But with the above changes, making in more transparent and more international cooperation. 

I don't think Corps are going to be allowed to centralize technologies.  There are already movements to break up Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc similar to the movements to break up JP Morgan, Bofa, Wal_mart, etc.  I think the trend is toward the local. 

just my thoughts. 

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 1

Christian
2 hours ago, Maureen said:

Reply by Leela on October 24, 2008:  

On a practical level, how does a choice-based economy deal with money and concepts of trade and markets? I don't mean stock markets, I mean actual markets.

I ask because it's hard to imagine, in real terms, what this would look like, since humanity has lived with market economies for a very long time.ÔĽŅ

This video may help. 

On of the fallacies that is taught in every economics course, even mine is that without money we would have to barter.  This has not been seen archaeologically.   

Primitive societies that don't have money work much more communally.  No money needed.  

Bobby asked a few years ago about his life in a resource based economy.   Micheal stated that Bobby plays the flute.   That is what he does.  His contribution varies from teaching others, to just playing on the balcony for the passersby, to private or more formal concerts.   Thus, my wife crochets.  She loves coming up with new hats based on characters like the Muppets.  So, in this economy she could she would make hats.  Sometimes it might be traded directly like barter...or a more formal concert.  Other times it might be just given away because someone asked.  Obviously, we can't live on bread and hats alone. 

Food stuff would be freely given.  Those who manipulate food stuff, (bakers, chefs, random person who likes to cook) could trade directly just bake because they like to.   

I see many things automated. Like Sanitation, which would include recycling literelly everything, including what goes down the toilet.  Pressurized sewer systems to leading to composting systems to process materials in to safe useable substances.  These things already exist. 

The biggest change is the paradigm shift that needs to occur.   We exist in a system seen as in accordance to human nature.  Competition is viewed as "natural".  The focus is on the self.  Thus the blame goes on the self as well as any success.  Thus success is never shared and it is considered moral to make more money.  The only way to do that is take more.  Thus, everything is viewed as exploitable. 

There is a mountain of silver in south america that is venerated by local tribes, who cares, the Spanish Empire need the silver for currency.  Enslave them to work the mine so you don't have to pay workers. 

We still do this now.  

The future economy will recognize how we are all part of the same system.  Exploitation and such will not be viewed as acceptable.  It will also not be able to occur in such a widespread way because the current idea of take as much as you can without regard to consequences will be replaced.  The contribution model Micheal discusses can work only if the economic philosophy is focused on helping each other and ensuring the health of the planet and humanity as whole as PART of not EXEMPT from the ecological system. 

Anyway,  I have to stop now.  I have a headache. 

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 1

NickG

Since you are all on the topic of what a Mature soul society and choice economy might look like, you may like the book Woman on the Edge of Time. It's a fantastic book I read for my Science Fiction class in school this semester. I don't want to spoil anything but it involves a kind of channeling, time travel, aspect. Might be something you'd all get into lol Here's the amazon page for more info. 

https://www.amazon.com/Woman-Edge-Time-Marge-Piercy/dp/0449210820

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 4

Leela Corman

@NickG Woman On The Edge Of Time is SO good. So unnerving. I used to recommend that people read it as companion with Ursula K. LeGuin's "The Dispossessed", for another equally plausible look at a different utopian society (among other things - it's also just a goddamn good read):

https://www.harpercollins.com/9780061054884/the-dispossessed/

I'm also going to make a plea to look beyond Amazon whenever possible. They're a terrible company. My literary agent once called me just to tell me how evil they are to authors and publishers. Their treatment of workers is not good. And, they have collaborated with ICE on this creepy thing:

https://www.aclu.org/blog/privacy-technology/surveillance-technologies/amazon-met-ice-officials-market-its-facial

You can order pretty much any book you want through your local independent bookstore. Most of them participate in programs that allow customers to do that. Just ask them! You can also order online through http://www.powells.com . I also use  http://www.abebooks.com especially for used art books. Amazon did buy them, but when you order via Abe you're still ordering directly through independent sellers.

This is a matter of importance to me, as far as my choices go. What and who do I support with my money? Amazon is not a force for good. They get us all with their convenience, but what are we trading away? There are other companies we can support. There are better ones. It's impossible to be pure in a nihilistic capitalist society, but we don't have to submit to this giant monopoly that treats humans like such shit on so many levels.

Edited by Leela Corman
  • LIKE/LOVE 8

petra
@Leela Corman  Thank You, for your comments on amazon, I'll by my books at [BWB] Better World Books, and when I cannot find there, what I want, at any other bookstore, to exclude the monster amazon !!!
@NickG, Yes, great read !!!
  • LIKE/LOVE 2

NickG
3 hours ago, Leela Corman said:

I used to recommend that people read it as companion with Ursula K. LeGuin's "The Dispossessed", for another equally plausible look at a different utopian society (among other things - it's also just a goddamn good read):

Ha! You and my professor must have been on the same wavelength because the Dispossessed was the first book we read for the semester followed by Woman on the Edge of Time. Lol small world.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Juni

Oh, yeah, woman on the edge of time gave me unsettled dreams for weeks after I read it years ago, esp the part where she's getting slapped repeatedly because she's unresponsive in the "real" world.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Leela Corman

@NickG haha, maybe your professor is an old friend of mine! Or, just, great minds and all that! 

@Juni I had that reaction to Margaret Atwood's "Oryx & Crake", though a year after reading it. I had this terrible nightmare that I was part of a group of people, technicians I think, who were the last people living after a terrible nuclear catastrophe that had been deliberately initiated by one of our coworkers, some guy. We were all underground in some kind of small room. We were all furious with him, and went for him, I think I went to strangle him, just before I expired of acute radiation poisoning. I know I had other nightmares related to it, as well.

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • WHAT/WOW! 1