DanielaS

Michael Speaks: The Four Pillars of Choice (TLEGG 2018)

DanielaS

Michael Speaks: The Four Pillars of Choice

2018-10-01

Channeled by Troy Tolley in a live session at TLEGG 2018

Transcribed by DanielaS

MEntity: Okay. Hello to each of you.

Group: Hello.

MEntity:

We are asked today to speak about what we would refer to as the Four Pillars of Choice. We have spoken fairly extensively in other exchanges about the Seven Methods of Choice, but what we will speak about today is the Four Pillars. And we may come up with a better terminology for these in other exchanges, in future exchanges. We will call them Four Pillars, for now.

These will act as guidelines and infrastructure and strengths for upholding major choices that you are making in life. Understanding these Four Pillars can help you to make the right choice one-hundred percent of the time. We can say this because when you address these Four Pillars in your process of making a choice you cannot go wrong, because on the other side of whatever choice you have made, you will know you have assessed the process of the choice that you were making and will make the best of it. It will work for you in a way that would not be regarded as a wrong choice. It will be regarded as a choice. And what you do with the consequences of that choice would then also be a matter of choice.

One of the reasons why many of you have trouble making major choices is not just because of lack of information, which is a contributing factor, but also because you are remembering how to trust yourselves. You come into your lifetime with one-hundred percent natural trust in nearly everything, and over time you lose that trust or it is taught out of you and then you must remember it again. Trusting is far more natural than distrust and trusting is based on experience, not blindness or lack of experience. And when you begin to trust yourself in the process of making choices, you will not just be drawing from similar circumstances in the past of this life, but tapping into the larger arc of your exploration of trust across lifetimes and remember that you have done this before. You have survived this before. You have taken risks before, and you always come through. This is part of how you begin to remember how to trust yourself. But as you move forward in your life and you find yourself at a place where you are having difficulty making a choice, considering these Four Pillars may help you.

We would ask now before we dive into this if any of you have had moments in your life where you have made difficult choices. [Laughter] We will also ask how often you have considered the benefit of the choices that you made or made the best of those choices, regardless of whether you knew for sure they were the right choice or the wrong choice. How many of you made the best of those choices?

[Group expresses agreement that they have made the best of those choices.]

MEntity: Then we are done. [Laughter]

Martha:   Sometimes, yes! Sometimes, no!

MEntity:

We can only tell you what you already know. So, some of this will become or be recognized as familiar to you as a process that happens more naturally than you might have realized, and we are just giving a vocabulary to it and giving a more streamlined method for processing the more difficult choices.

And the First Pillar that we will point to in your assessing what choice to make is whether that choice serves your Goal in your Overleaves. Having the knowledge of what your Goal is in this lifetime and asking if a choice will serve that Goal is one of the most important elements of what turns out to be an okay choice at worst, and a great choice at best, of course. Asking yourself whether it serves your Goal in some way. So, if you have Growth, does the choice in any way bring meaning to your life? Does the choice in any way move you beyond what you consider the limitations or the comforts of limitations so that you can evolve? The same with all of the other Goals. We will probably not delineate every Goal, but you can do so in asking yourself this question relative to your own Goal.

The Second Pillar, then, of course, is to ask if the choice aligns with your Mode. Can your Mode participate in this or will you have to in some way work around it or against it? In other words, if you are in Passion Mode, will the choice cause you to be more repressed, contained, restrained when you are passionate? If you are Reserved, will it force you to be in uncomfortable positions that would be more aligned with Passion? So, asking if the choice aligns with the power of your Mode, of strength of your Mode, can help you to also determine whether the choice is right for you or not. These questions that we are bringing up regarding choice involve everything across the spectrum including career choices, moving choices, geographical locations, whether to take a trip or not, whether to pursue a relationship or not.

The Third Pillar would, of course, be to ask whether the pursuit of the choice allows you to continue to see clearly, to see the world in the way that you see it with your Attitude. Ask the question as whether the choice can be seen clearly through your natural perception, your natural perspective. So that if you are a Skeptic, for instance, does your engaging in investigation help you in making the choice? If you are an Idealist, are you able to pull together the parts of a plan to manifest the choice that you are aiming for, which is coalescence? If you are a Pragmatist, does it allow you to move forward in a way that feels efficient and direct? And so forth.

So, the Third Pillar is whether the strength of your Attitude can contribute or not, or do you have to look the other way or ignore the natural way that you look at the world in order to pursue the choice. If you have to ignore how you normally look at the world, it can be very difficult to pursue the choice and to feel that it was the right choice. We are not speaking of challenges to your perspective. We are speaking of betrayals of your perspectives.

And the Fourth Pillar is to ask whether the choice in any way contributes to the healing of your Chief Feature, contributes to your moving beyond dismantling and calming your Chief Feature. This may seem like an odd question to ask, but as most of you will know from your stating that you have made the best of it, the reason you made the best of it is because you did the work of whatever might have blocked you or come up in your Chief Features as obstacles to the choices that you are making. Do you understand?

Group: Yes.

MEntity: Asking the questions, these four questions--whether it serves your Goal, whether it enlists your natural perspective, allows you to go about things in the way that you naturally go about them with the Mode, and whether it helps to heal your Chief Feature--asking those four questions helps to prop up, depending on the answers, helps to prop up the strength of the choices that you are making.

And what we will do now is open the floor to any of you who feel you may be in hard-pressed situations regarding a choice, and we will see if we can offer some perspective, or if your fellow students can do the same.

Hani: Everybody's encouraging me to ask, so. I am in a tough situation trying to decide [whether to pursue] a relationship or not, and I have reasoning not to pursue it, and for some reason there is, like, a part of me that wants to pursue that relationship. But, I can't make up my mind, so. I don't know if you need more information or if that's enough to go on.

MEntity: We are here to help facilitate your making the decision. We will not make the decision for you.

Hani:  I'm just saying, do you need more information about the situation?

MEntity: No. The first question is whether pursuing the choice or pursuing the relationship would serve your Goal. And what would your answer be?

Student 1: What's your Goal?

Hani: Discrimination.

MEntity: We will give you a moment to mull it over as to how it may play into serving your Goal. If you pursue this relationship, how will it encourage your process of refinement, the pursuit of refinement, creating a state of refinement in your life?

Student 2: Is he a slob? Bad taste? Got poor table manners? You know.

Hani: I don't know! Well, I have enough reasons to say no. So.

Student 1: So, you need reasons to say yes.

Hani: Do I need reasons to say yes?

Student 1: Do you?

Hani:  Yes. [Laughter]

Martha: [Indiscernible] to say yes but you don't see reasons why to?

Hani:  Yeah.

Kerrin:  If you aren't so enthused about and you're asking the question, probably not.

Student 1: If you said yes, you can say no.

Student 2: Yeah, you can always change your mind.

Student 3:  Even marriage.

Maureen:  The only way to true refining is to do it. That's it. That's the root.

Martha:  If you say no, then you might wonder later what would've happened. If you say yes and it doesn't work out then at least you know.

MEntity:  Keep in mind that those who have the Goal of Acceptance, ironically [Laughter] . . . You have said your Goal is Discrimination?

Hani: Yes, yes.

MEntity:  Keep in mind that those who have the Goal of Acceptance will eventually . . . they will naturally learn how to say yes even if they do not mean it, and they must learn how to say no. For Discrimination, it is the opposite. No comes quite naturally even if you do not mean it, and you must learn how to say yes. If this is an opportunity that will serve that risk to say yes then it is serving your Goal. That is as much work as we will do. [Laughter]

You can continue with the questions, the Pillars, on your own and build from there. Look at the . . . see if the infrastructure is strong enough for you, and if we need to work with you more directly, we can, of course.

Hani:  Okay, thank you.

Cyprus: We'll have a meeting afterward to discuss. [Laughter] Anyone else?

Cong: Um, so, I recently made the big decision to move to another place and start a new job, which is quite different from what I had been doing before. I would say while I was assessing the choice . . .

Student:  Could you talk a little bit louder?

Cong:  I definitely feel certain that it supports all the Four Pillars that's associated with the choice. I'm very happy about the decision. But when I actually moved and started this new job I [indiscernible]. The situation can go against all of the things that's more natural associated with my Overleaves. I don't think I regret my choice, but I'm curious. How do you deal with the situation where I was seeing the limited information you have when you're making a choice? You think it's good enough, and then when you learn more about it, you feel it's a more complicated situation.

MEntity: If we understood your question, and we will ask it back to make sure that we do, you are asking how does one make a decision with limited information, and how does one deal with the potential of regret after making the decision?

Cong: Yeah. Or, I think, will you agree that when you're actually making a choice, it can well be that you don't have enough information . . .

MEntity: Oh, yes.

Cong:  . . . to understand if it goes along with your Four Pillars.

MEntity: You can always tell if . . .you can always tell or at least answer, to the extent of what knowledge you do have, the questions that we have posed to you regarding the Four Pillars. You can always answer those if you think about it, if you feel about it, if you play around and move around the ideas. You can always do this even if you are limited in the actual tangible world information. Because the point of the Pillars is to find out where you are in alignment with the choice. Find out where you are in your willingness to pursue the choice and to help you find out whether you are trusting enough in yourself to continue forward. Because it is quite common to make choices without all of the information that you need. You cannot see the future. You do not know what will come of your choice. So even if you have all of the details down, a comet could hit. The variables in life cannot always be accounted for.

So, the Four Pillars are not to help you assess intangible world details, but internal world in alignment and to help remind you or at least to assess where you are in your trust with your choice. Because one of the choices is to not make a choice, and if you find that your infrastructure is unclear or weak or that you cannot answer the question, then the choice is to not make a choice yet. Or it can be. Does this answer your question?

Cong: Yes. Can you also speak a little bit about the potential of the regret?

MEntity: Yes. Regret is useless. It is an undermining of your processes, your path. It is a method taught to you based on reward and punishment, ideologies, paradigms that you should have known better. You should have made a better choice. But what you can do if you find yourself feeling regret come up is to let this be a signal to, rather than remain focused on the past of what could have been different, what should have been different, many what ifs, then take it instead as a sign that you must focus now on the choices that you have in front of you based on where you are.

You cannot always avoid the feeling of regret or the self-punishment that comes with it, so you will still have to process those emotions and wounding from it. But separate from this and contributing directly to the healing of it is to say, okay, but where do I go from here. And to begin the process again.

The process of choice does not end with regret and you cannot undo the choices you have made. You can only move forward and make new choices and to learn from what you have experienced. This is one of the reasons why asking these questions as Four Pillars for your choices can help you to, upon finding out that you may have regrets or potentially have regrets, you will have remembered that you assessed in a way that built an infrastructure of trust in yourself, so that when you get to the other side and you look back and say, maybe I could have done this differently. Maybe I should have done this differently. The kindness that you have with you at that moment will help you to turn back towards your present and future and then make the choices again and build from there.

So, rather than simply ignoring regret as useless, which it is, but it cannot always be ignored, rather take it as an invitation to make the choices that you can make now to help realign yourself in a way that heals the regret. Does this make sense?

Cong: Yes. Well, we agree. [Indiscernible]

MEntity: We cannot hear you.

Cong: Will you agree I made the right choice?

MEntity: Do WE agree that you made the right choice? We will say that you have made the right choice because you think you have made the right choice. [Laughter]

Student 1: You wouldn't have made it if it wasn't the right choice.

MEntity: The goal is not to get to a point where you simply throw all discernment out the window and say, well, I'm going to make the right choice anyway. So whatever happens, happens. But to be a part of the process of choice and building it and building it, that process, on trust in yourself. And the concept of making a right choice will come naturally rather than as a defense or as a stamp of approval. Any other questions?

Kasia: I have a tendency to find these in most of my choices, but not all choices are the optimal ones. So, I'll find lessons. Either choice was the best one. How do you make better choices that maybe--it's almost like Idealism comes into play where, well, whatever choice I will make the best of it. How do you learn to be more Realistic as opposed to Idealistic?

MEntity: This is what we were speaking of regarding the second or rather the third Pillar. And we are assigning numbers purely for convenience, not because they are stacked in any sequential way of importance. But, that is how you see the world. Making your choices and aiming for a direction where you will make the best of it regardless, is your way. It is not something that needs corrected. It does not need Realism. It does not need any other Attitude, but your own. And your attitude is, I will land on my feet somehow. And so this does not undermine your choices. It gives you greater range of choices. Do you understand?

Kasia:  My Attitude is Skeptic, so technically it should be where nothing's going to work. [Laughter]

MEntity: If you have an Attitude of Idealist, then that is what will work for you. As a Skeptic, you are asking how not to be more like an Idealist?

Kasia: Yes. I feel like I overcompensate Skepticism by going into Idealism on steroids.

MEntity: In that case then, you're going about it all wrong. [Laughter]

We wish to clarify that we are not giving Troy access to all of your Overleaves at the moment, so that your providing them will help in the exchange. But your Skepticism, in order to enlist your Skepticism, yes, you would simply have to actively investigate. You would need to get the information that you need to make the choices so that you can let your world shape itself around in a way that you see it. It is not an imposition on the world for you to enlist your natural perspective. And if you move forward toward a choice using your natural perspective, which is investigation or the positive pole of investigation, you will find that you are not having to overcompensate when you land. But you will not always be able to have all of the details you need, as we said before. But if you have investigated enough then what you are doing on the other side when you land, you can slide to Idealism as a way to help soften that land. Anything on your Axis will help you to soften a landing, but start off with your investigation. As long as that is served, as long as you know as much as you can know, then you have served the element of your Attitude enough, and then you can use your Attitude on the Axis as a way to help support or buffer the landing. Does this make more sense?

Kasia: Yeah. That actually is, I think, what I was doing. I didn't see the investigation part. I focus more on landing and making the best of it.

MEntity:  Yes. This is where you could refine your process, is to not emphasize so much that, oh, I will just trust that I will land and figure it out from there. You can have that in your tool belt of strengths, but the first part is what you want to emphasize and that is getting as much information as you can that satisfies you and then move from there.

Kasia: Thank you.

BFBobby: I have two questions. And my first question is kind of related to the previous one when we were talking about-- maybe you are successfully incorporating or asking questions of the Four Pillars when making your choice, but you realize in the end it wasn't the optimal or it didn't maximize. Is it possible, because maybe for one or all of the Pillars you did successfully incorporate your Goal, but maybe you were in the negative pole. And maybe you would have optimized your choice or the outcome if you would have done it through the positive poles of each Pillar.

MEntity: Ask that question again. You do not have to rephrase it. We just need to hear it again.

BFBobby: If you realize after making a choice that you maybe didn't have the most optimal outcome, but you did successfully incorporate the Four Pillars, is it possible that it was because in one or more of the Pillars you were in the negative pole and not in the positive pole?

MEntity: Not really. If your assessment previous to the choice was enough to bring trust to the process of the choice and then on the other side you see how you could have done better or that you may have slid into negative poles that compromised the process, then on that other side of the choice that you did make, you will not again go back and think about how you could have done it better or differently, but learn from that and build from that to say, now I know to look for this pitfall or this distraction and go from there. But you will not always have . . . you can assess and get a golden conclusion that you are on the right path with your choice, and then get to the other side and see all of the ways that it could have been better, and that you were mostly pewter in your choice instead of gold, and find your strengths from that experience to then go into the process again for the next choice. But having done the work before the choice is what makes the process on the other side much kinder and forward looking. Did this answer your question?

BFBobby: Yes. And so my second question, without any specific choice or decision in mind, I'm trying to understand the Pillar to, for me, my Observation Mode. And for me, I'm trying to imagine a situation where I'm not bringing . . . I feel like I'm always observing and then taking it in. So, when would I not successfully ask the question of my Mode when making a decision?

MEntity: If it is not enlisting your Mode in a way that brings clarity, but is putting you in a position of distance through surveillance. If you are having to detach yourself from the process. If you're having to feel as if the process is out of your hands and being watched/happen before you, or that you are not particularly a part of the process. Then you are in the negative pole and you would find yourself reconsidering how you can bring more clarity by being a part of the process rather than apart from the process. Did this help or do we need a specific example so that we can be clearer?

BFBobby: No, I get all that. I just thought, maybe I misunderstood from the very beginning. I thought it was a possibility that when you're making your choices, you're not thinking of the Four Pillars at all, so there was a way that you were making a void of the Pillars. But for me, whether I'm in the negative or the positive pole of Observation, I feel like I can't help but incorporate. Am I making sense?

MEntity: Are you asking us?

BFBobby: No, I'm asking the group.

Ann: Sort of. It has to do with, sort of, because of clarity, it also means your participating.

MEntity: Yes.

Ann:  Whereas, surveillance means you're sort of standing back and not really participating.

BF Bobby: I get that.

Michael: Does the positive pole for whatever Pillar you're looking at contribute to the amount of trust you have in a choice?

MEntity: Yes. We may have not delivered that clearly or at all in our information, but the point of the assessment is whether it serves these parts of your design, and when we say serves these we mean that it enlists the positive pole. And so, if you are looking at one of your Pillars and assessing a choice as to whether pursuing it can be done in a way that brings more clarity to your life, then it is a go. If it is going to put you in a position where you still have to stand back and feel separated from the events of your life then it is likely not quite the right choice to make.

Diane: To rephrase it, is it also like asking myself, am I in the positive pole of my Goal regarding this situation?

MEntity: Yes. It could be asked in that way if that works for you. Yes.

You cannot always know if a situation will prompt you to behave in certain ways, but you have choice over how you behave. And so, in your assessment of a choice in looking at whether it will serve your Goal, your Mode, your Attitude, you are looking to see if this is bringing the best out of you. Will this bring the best out of me? Will this bring more out of me? Will this bring evolution to me in some way? And if you can anticipate that it will in the most simplistic of terms, whether you use the Four Pillars or not, simply asking, will this potentially help me grow and be a better person, in my opinion, in my standards, by my standards, based on my relative position and path, then we say, go for it. And then you can build from there.

Kerrin: What about when you're affected by other people's choices? For example, my landlord decided to take back the apartment I was living in above them. So I had to move and it was, like, a financial burden and kind of a headache. Is that just the way it is? Was there, like, an Essence Agreement or something to . . . was there like a bigger . . . How do I want to word this?

Martha: It's not like you were given a choice.

Kerrin:  I wasn't given a choice. But was there, you know, maybe there was an Agreement between our Essences in order to make me make a choice that I had to make?

MEntity: Not necessarily. That is just simply a part of the variables of the Physical Plane and the multitude of choices bouncing around among you that you are bound to be affected by the choices of others. And that is part of the learning process of being sentient and in a species and being human, is learning how to navigate this sea of choices being made. If you think about how many choices are being made on your planet at any given time and how you are still managing to be alive [Laughter] without having to be concerned with all of those choices. [It] is quite astounding and beautiful to know that you are actually, regardless of what it may look like at certain periods of time in history, working beautifully in harmony and evolving on a scale, a collective scale, continuously.

And that is because you learn how to work with each other, whether you are near or far from each other. You learn how to make better choices. The more you work on making better choices in your personal life, the less they affect other people in consequential ways that are harmful. But, there are some still learning how to do this and you will come across them. What matters more in your case is how you managed the impact from the choice of another and what you did to take care of yourself in that and how you managed to do that for yourself. It is important to give yourself credit, for lack of a better term, for all that you did to care for yourself in a way that countered the effects of another person's choice.

Kerrin: Let me ask this. It seems like sometimes things are for, like, there's a good reason. Like, you know, that maybe there was a . . . Essence had to, like, make other arrangements because I wasn't doing it myself, so . . .

MEntity: Sometimes that . . .

Kerrin:  . . . Essence has to do that? Get you in a certain direction?

MEntity: Sometimes there are orchestrations of that nature. But it will always . . we have always found that regardless of how much Essence orchestrates events in a life, it is one-hundred percent dependent upon your choices in the life as a Personality. And so, what might turn out to be a good thing because of something that happened, whether orchestrated or not, is still in your hands as to whether it turned out to be a good thing. And this is important because Essence is not a savior. Essence is not in any way invested in whether things turn out good or not. There is always an aim for good in the general sense, but Essence learns from everything. So, there is no investment in what you choose to do with the impact of others' choices, but you learn how to do this and how to grow from it. And if you find yourself in a good place, that means you have learned a great deal.

Janet: This is not a question about a specific choice, but about whether there is a difference in the interpretation of a decision versus a choice. I had a session with you in which you said, "Pivotal points in the life that generate parallels tend to come from a path of 12 decisions that lead to the choice that creates the branching." That seems like it distinguishes between decisions and choice, but it might have just been the context. So, I'd like some clarification.

MEntity:  No, there are differences. Decisions are the points in your day where you make inconsequential choices. We will call decisions inconsequential choices, such as whether to take this route or that route, whether to buy this toothpaste or that toothpaste. These inconsequential choices or decisions that you make create a pattern in your life that accumulate. These are cumulative choices that then reach a point where a choice must be made or that lead to a place where there is a pivotal choice. So decisions are the path to choices. And we can break that down more succinctly in other exchanges. But, yes. Every decision you make is not going to have consequences, but they eventually will depending on the patterns.

Janet: Thank you.

Student: Is there ever a, um, for the Personality to choose against Essence or maybe in a direction that Essence, um, if one is feeling something higher, pushing them towards something, but they choose the opposite route. Is there ever, like, um, a good reason to be doing that, or is something . . . What good can be taken away from that? Or if we are not sure if we're choosing against Essence, how might that feel?

MEntity: That is a tricky question because Essence, we can say in so many words, loves it when you go awry. [Laughter] Essence gains so much from the rogue Personality in a life that the earlier lifetimes are primarily where this occurs, and a great deal is learned and a great deal of pain is experienced, of course. The reason why we can say the Essence loves this is because Essence can have all of the ideas for how to set up a life in a way that is optimal, and then the Personality [Troy laughs] surprises the Essence with completely different routes, and it is a rather exciting experience to go off the rails. Especially when parallels started exploding out in all directions [Laughter], and new depths and stretches of evolution occur because the Personality did not align with Essence.

That being said, it's exhausting. And as you grow older in Soul Age, you [Troy laughs] would rather not do all of those painful and exhausting directions. And because you have done that for so long across your arc of incarnations, it is actually rather new to say, oh, what did Essence have in mind [Troy laughs] that would work better for a lifetime? [Laughter]

And so we can say that as an older soul, when you reject Essence, it is dark. It feels quite dark and isolating and painful, and we could describe it as a halting to the life. It will feel as if the life has halted in some way, that you are not going anywhere, moving in anyway. So, if you are ever in that position, it may be important to assess whether you need to open up more or to center yourself and listen more closely to the impulses that you have. And it may even require intervention from outside sources such as loved ones and friends or support groups. Because rejecting Essence as an Old Soul is far more painful than rejecting Essence as a Young Soul or as a Baby Soul. Because that is when it is exciting and that is where new depths are explored and so forth. But as an Old Soul, it feels quite terrible.

But aligning with Essence can sometimes [Troy laughs] feel just as exhausting and startling and terrifying because you are having to trust more. You are having to risk more. You are having to be vulnerable more. You are having to let go of the defenses that Chief Feature have had in you or that have been built in you. And that is quite terrifying in itself. But that is where the excitement comes now, when you open up and align with Essence and you realize how terrifyingly tiny you are in the universe, but how much you matter as a spark of consciousness making choices. It can be quite a powerful and terrifying process. But you get used to it. Did this address your question?

Student: Wonderfully.

Hani: So, you sort of talked about the Pragmatic Attitude, but I just wanted more clarification, because I'm not sure if I understand.

MEntity: What would you like?

Hani: Like, how would this apply to making a choice?

MEntity: Are you asking this in relation to the scenario that you are considering?

Hani: Sure.

MEntity: In general, for the Pragmatist it would simply mean asking whether you are allowed to move in any way that will work for you. For the Pragmatist it has to work for them. So, it is important that if you are considering a direction that involves another person in some way, that this is communicated, that there are certain things that you need to do and processes that you have that have worked for you and that you find to be efficient and you want to be upfront about that. And if that pursuit of the choice allows room for this, then you may be on the right track, if the reception is good from the other party. If, on the other hand, you find that you are falling into Dogma because you will not risk losing any of your routines and what you find is best and what you think works and you are not open to variables, then you may be seeing the . . . the pursuit may be challenging you to either move into the positive pole so that you can pursue the choice, or is telling you you are not going to do well in that direction because you are not willing to. Do you understand?

Hani: Yeah, yeah.

Ann:  I just had a question, being a Realist. So, you know, decisions can be difficult. At least for this Realist in Realist Mode, um, with a Realist Attitude. Um, so how would that work for a Realist, in terms of, you know, the Pillar using the Attitude? Because it is all, you know, all, all aspects seem cool. You know, I mean, you're like, yeah, that's cool. That's cool, too. So, um, you know, the seeing all sides can be a little . . .

MEntity:  In the same way that we were speaking about the Idealist, and it might seem a little reckless to say, well, I will land and get up from there. That is how an Idealist works. The Realist will also . . . it is okay if you can see all of the different directions and you simply have to make a choice because you can see all of these. The indicator that you are not . . . the Pillar is weak is if you have become subjective. You have lost your perspective. You have lost your ability to see those variations and see it from a distance that allows you to see the possibilities in different choices or the benefits of each choice. If you've lost that ability, then you are in the negative pole and you might want to hold off on making the choice in that direction until you can see realistically again, objectively.

Michael:  I'm understanding the weakness and strength of the Pillars is on the positive and negative poles. My question is, is that when it comes to challenging choices, when you say yes to it versus saying . . . a challenging choice you may say yes to, that you have trust in yourself to make the choice versus saying no. Is there a way to determine whether you should say no to a challenging choice or say yes? Does that make sense?

MEntity: Are you asking, sometimes a choice will be challenging whether yes or no, and just because it is challenging, is that an indication to say no?

Michael: Yes. [Laughter] More or less.

MEntity:  No. If you have a challenging choice ahead of you, which we would say most of the examples here would be in that category, the question still stands as to whether it serves your positive poles of your Overleaves. And specific to your question, we would say that the most important Pillar would be whether it would help you to dismantle, would it bring awareness to your Chief Features. If it brings awareness to your Chief Features and you know that it's going to trigger them, you know that it is going to . . . potentially a part of you will rise up in defense and protection and warning if that challenging pursuit is addressed with the knowledge that that will happen, then it is still a benefit to go in that direction because you were ready to take on that challenge. You know it is going to happen. You know it is going to try to protect and defend and possibly undermine you. And then you can work with that. So, we say to say yes to all challenging pursuits, if you wish to.

MEntity: Any other questions? We will wrap things up soon.

Student: Sometimes you make the distinction between decision and choice. Do we have distinctions to make, or what you said is whatever decision or choice . . .

MEntity: You'd need not assess to such a degree the decisions you are making. Decisions are the smaller, inconsequential choices that you make in your life that accumulate over time and lead you to pivotal choices. What we've described today as the Four Pillars, it's really only applicable in the moments where there are pivotal choices to be made. The decisions you make along the way that lead up to it are simply a part of your creative processes and preferences and these decisions reveal . . . out of decisions that you make in your life reveal who you are and how you are and where you would like to go regardless of where you end up. Your decisions are part of the dynamic that reveals to you what you want to do, whether consciously or not, reveals to you what direction you would like to go, whether that was conscious or not.

MEntity:  So, the more consciously you can make your decisions, the more this improves your capacity to make choices. But that is all it takes, is a more conscious process in making decisions. So, when we gave the example of one toothpaste over another is inconsequential, that is true. However, if you consciously choose this toothpaste because it is more environmentally friendly from a company that cares about health, whereas this one is something else, that conscious decision contributes to the path that leads to more consequential choices later. Does this make sense?

Student: Yeah, yeah.

MEntity:  So even your inconsequential choices are shaping your life and shaping the direction of your life. But the pivotal choices are what shift the direction.

Student: So, sometimes we run into [a] situation that's . . . where your relationship with another person goes will depend on the other person's choice, but that person don't want, choose not to make a choice for a really long time. And I'm wondering if you can provide me some insight on how to deal with this kind of situation.

MEntity: You are asking, if you are in a relationship with someone who's not making a choice and in not making a choice impacts your ability to make a choice?

Student: It's more like, for instance, I met someone and I want to make this personal, but this person is not sure if he want to meet me and this take long and he still haven't make a decision. Is there anything I can do to change the situation?

MEntity: No. You cannot control, and you would not want to control, the choices of another person. So, your choice would be whether to allow room for the other person's path or whether this is something you simply do not want to endure. So, the choice that you can make is whether there is value in the waiting, whether there is value to you in some way. Does it serve your Goal? Does it serve your Attitude, your Mode? Is it helping you to overcome any Chief Feature elements in you? If it is in any way benefiting you, other than the disappointment of waiting for someone else's pace to catch up to you, if it is benefiting you in some way, as an older soul, you will be able to honestly assess whether that is the case.

Sometimes waiting helps you to see the blind spots that you might have in your eagerness or the blind spots in your expectations of another that you did not realize that you had. It can also reveal to you the needs that you find are far more important to you then you might have realized, and this can help you in some ways. So, the waiting is not a good or bad thing, but it does make a difference whether it is serving you in some way and then you can decide whether to wait or not.

Student: Thanks.

MEntity: Any other contributions to that dynamic would require communication. So, while you cannot control the other person's choices, you can communicate and help the other person know where you are in your capacity to wait or care or if you are ready to move on.

Janet: This is in pursuit of the topic of parallels. In approximately what percent of the cases do pivotal choices generate one or more parallels so that your Essence can explore all variations of that choice.

MEntity: You are asking how often a choice will spin off a parallel?

Janet: Yes.

MEntity: Every single time.

Student:  Oh, gosh.

MEntity: There is at least one additional reality generated for every pivotal choice you make.

Martha: Is that how you tell the difference between a decision that doesn't generate parallels where a choice does?

MEntity: Yes.

Student:  How many parallels for each choice?

MEntity:  A minimum of two.

Student: What's the maximum?

MEntity: We see an average of 12, but there are no rules to how many branch from there, from one single choice. There can be a quite a lot, but the average tends to be towards 12.

Student: Does that have any significance?

MEntity: We think so. We think that the maximum being at 12 is part of the support dynamic that we have described, the support group positions. When choices are going to branch to such a fractured degree, it helps track them and gain from them to have one focused on a contribution to the whole arc of the entire spectrum of the lifetime if that parallel is a Love Parallel or a Compassion Parallel or a Knowledge Parallel. And the focus in those different parallels will emphasize whatever the support group position is.

Student: So, that would be an interesting study to, if one was interested, to see what parallel different choices [indiscernible]. That's just a comment.

MEntity: We would agree. If there are no other questions then we will leave you here, and wrap up, and say goodbye.

Group: Thank you! Goodbye.

MEntity: Goodbye.

• LIKE/LOVE 21
  • THANK YOU! 2

DanielaS

I wasn't at TLEGG this year, so I was not sure sometimes which student was speaking. If I assigned a question to you erroneously or you are an anonymous "Student" and you would like your name added, please message me privately and I'll fix it. Likewise for any errors you see in the transcription-- just message me privately and I'll fix it. Thank you all for the quality control!

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Ingun

OMG what a long session! And @DanielaS how much work you've been doing transcribing this one and other session. Thank you!

I need to read this again when I have more energy, right now my brain could only get half way.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

DanielaS

Thanks @Diane and @Ingun!  I'm not going to lie--this was a hard one to transcribe with all the student talking.

Edited by DanielaS
  • LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 2
  • WHAT/WOW! 1

petra
@DanielaS  You are truly my "HERO" in transcribing these sessions !!!

I was there, I had moments where I couldn't understand a word what was being said, not only because the noise level was high, but also the speed people talked with. Wow, it was an amazing experience for me to be in a group with over one third Sages and the other third Sage-cast Scholars, I loved it and want to be a part of it again, so my Kudos to You Daniela for have done this.
  • LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 1