Troy

OFFICIAL GRATITUDE THREAD 2018

Troy

OFFICIAL GRATITUDE THREAD 2018

Let's enter our holiday season with a focus on sharing our gratitude with each other and for each other. It's really important to speak up about the challenges in life and speak out against the injustices in life, but it's also really healthy and important to speak up about what is good and right in life, what/who we appreciate, who/what brings us joy and healing.

Let's do this.

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • THANK YOU! 1

Troy

(part of) MY GRATITUDE LIST: 

1. ALL OF YOU - seriously. I can't even express the level of gratitude I have for all of you here, even the people who don't particularly like me. You are the people who help me to remember that this world and its people are truly amazing. 
2. THE DECLINE OF CARNISM - I know, I know, some of you are sooo sick of this topic about animal rights, environment, and veganism, but I am so grateful that it is finally being taken seriously as a necessary step in our evolution together and that so many of you have taken up experimentation and open-minded efforts to explore your options. I love you so much for this.
3. MY HEALTH - I have had some rough ups and downs this year and in this life, but my health continues to hang in there and keep righting itself. I am very grateful for that.

I have so much more I am grateful for that is personal or private, but these three are things that come to mind right away for sharing.

• LIKE/LOVE 14

Luciana Flora

1) I am very grateful to have found TLE and decided to become active here. I had some problems in other groups and I was speaking of any group related to self-knowledge and spirituality. But here it has been different. I do not know if I've changed or really people here  are different. Maybe it has something to do with maturity. Or with the fact that most here have already completed the 4 IM

2) I am very grateful to have found Danny personally again. For me this was a confirmation that our friendship was really reestablished.

3) I am grateful also to all who made video chats at some point with me. I was tending to isolate myself again and it really helped me not to isolate myself.

Edited by Luciana Flora
  • LIKE/LOVE 12

Jeroen

1) I appreciate and am grateful to have found all of you on TLE. Even though I have not met anyone in person from here, I feel closer to all of you than I have to nearly everyone I have known in my lifetime. This place feels like home to me.

2) I am grateful for being able to maintain my health. It has been an incredibly exhausting year with quite a few days of feeling unwell but even so, I have not had any major health issues and made it through in one piece. Despite often not feeling well, I have been able to keep up with taking care of my body including meditation, exercise and working on gradually transitioning to a vegan and healthier diet.

3) I am grateful to have reconnected to my Cadence Mate Brian earlier this year. He switched employers and we did not speak much for a while but then he returned and we are now working together again. We are close friends.

There are other things I am grateful for too but those are the three I thought I would mention for now.

• LIKE/LOVE 10

michael_k

Well if I had something to add, I guess I'm grateful for groups like TLE for providing a broader perspective on reality than the basics of rationalism and materialism I was raised with and giving those views in a more open minded, less coercive way than many religious groups. The stuff I've read online about metaphysics and spirituality has really helped me see the world in a new way whereas before I was struggling and searching for something that seemed dauntingly illusive for the most part.

Edited by michael_k
  • LIKE/LOVE 9

KurtisM

In the last 3 years I've realized I'm grateful for a lot of things.

Ever since middle school, my mom has questioned whether I'm grateful for anything because she rarely saw me smile and thought I was always sad and depressed.

She told me I should write a gratitude journal, but I resisted her, because I was in the 3rd IM and wanted to defend that I was grateful for things.

So it wasnt until recently that I really got to know what gratitude is. It feels just like appreciation or honoring.

As for 3 Things:

1. I am grateful for waking up thanks to this teaching. It provided me the resources to be more conscious and aware, but only I could use them. And I did.

So now I'm more awake and aware and compassionate with my choices than ever- which is really cool!

2. I'm actually quite grateful for fictional media like video games, books, movies and tv shows. These media are one of the ways that we can bring our imagination to life.

I've gotten to see so many different worlds and characters and stories built through these that helped me get to know the various roles, overleaves and soul ages even before I found out that those existed.

Since I was quite introspective and reclusive throughout life, I got to know a lot about the world vicariously through this diverse array of stories. And I love it when people come together to discuss these stories, how they've affected them and what sort of creative works they bring to add to the tapestry of that series.

3. I am grateful for the work that Jacques Fresco has put into the Venus Project and Resource-based Economy.

I am sure there are others who created similar projects in other parallels. But he's the one that did it for our bundle of parallels.

The idea that we can create an economy that covers all aspects of life and provides the highest quality of life as possible and practicable, is amazing.

I'm very glad to have found out about it here. I truly hope I can help bring it to life. (I just realized that's an Artisan's specialty. Lol.)

• LIKE/LOVE 11

Stickyflames

I am grateful that I get to represent me. 

I don’t have to buy into all the garbage, defence, unmoveable judgement, politics, identities, expectations of the world, and on and on. I can think for myself. I am so grateful for the fact that I can think for myself.

2. I am grateful for calmdownmind.com , which has been such a catalyst these last couple months.Just the simplicity of “ allowing myself” and the way he walks you through it without all the spiritual dogma. These last 2 months have felt like I am waking up to myself, they have also helped me understand the michael teachings through new eyes. Every day I feel less triggered by life.

3. I am grateful for the free coffees I keep getting this month. 2 different cafés give me free coffees every other time I walk in. They either like me, think I can’t afford it or it is free coffee month for the country and I just am not aware of it.

Edited by Stickyflames
  • LIKE/LOVE 11

petra
There is so much for me to be Grateful for, and to put into a nutshell:

I am grateful for all of the peoples that made and make TLE happen, all the exchanges with its members, and for each particle that constitutes my healthy body, beautiful home and environment !!! 

• LIKE/LOVE 8

DianeHB

I’m grateful for:

1. Troy, Michael, and this community. I don’t know where I’d be without you guys, the work we do, and the bonds we’ve established. 

2. The work I did this year. I had many highs and lows, but I dredged up and healed many deeper wounds I hadn’t touched and made major leaps toward the person I wanted to be. It’s been SO hard and SO worth it. 

3. Deeper relationships with people who support me, play with me, and challenge me, including @Kasia, @Stickyflames, and @Troy. Even at the job I left, I had friendships that remained dear to me. I have a tendency to think I don’t have enough friends, but I do have many strong friendships even though they’re not always in person or I don’t see them frequently. 

• LIKE/LOVE 10

Leela Corman

Oh my god where to even start. As I told my bandmates the other night, I use gratitude as a tool for dismantling the imprinting of growing up with very hypercritical parents, and being a hypercritical person with a Discrimination goal. I find this season of more visible sharing of gratitude very moving. But I am always considering it and trying to put myself there, because I spent a lot of my life prior to this kind of making an art of kvetching and I don't enjoy it.

- TLE, Troy, and Michael. This teaching is one of the most important things in my life. Troy's work is rigorous and clear. And I'm so thankful for all of you, fellow students, and look forward to more study and conversation with you.

- My crazy, confounding entity mates, one in particular this year, who has both brought me all the way back to myself and tormented me but I love them anyway and wouldn't be a whole person if we hadn't crossed paths.

- My bandmates, who in addition to being great musicians and top-notch humans, are just extremely good collaborators, which is so hard in the best of circumstances. No one argues, we all get along, everyone's suggestions are entertained and given a try, or discussed all the way through, we encourage each other and bring out the best in one another. I only sing, so I need them to write songs, and songs are the only place I put certain experiences and emotions, so I'm beyond grateful to them for making that possible. My guitarist has definitely shortened the lifespan of my hearing but hell who needs it anyway.

- My husband, who is the best man. I can't even begin to list the ways but, best dad, best partner, best editor, adorable, has his shit together, etcetera. Since other than him I have tended to fall for beautiful tormented guys with addiction issues, that last bit is pretty relevant.

- All the editors I've worked with this year, for taking my pitches and working with me. I'm especially stoked to have been in The Believer mag.

- All the crazy opportunities that come my way, to teach, travel, publish etc. 

- My health. God damn.

- My STUDENTS! They have no idea. They make me a better artist and writer. Not the other way around.

I mean honestly what am I not grateful for. I'm the luckiest person alive. 

Edited by Leela Corman
  • LIKE/LOVE 7

Leela Corman

Oh, and it's so central I didn't even say it, but, my daughter, without whom there would be no point in living and I'd just be actively waiting for death.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Bogi

1. TLE

I am grateful for Troy to make TLE happen. That he makes me do a list about gratitude, therefore I can see for myself for how many things I can be grateful for. 

All the people here who come and post and share their journey. Thank you that I can be a part of this community.

2. Health

You only know how important health is when you are ill. Thank your for my body that it still keeps up with my BS how I abuse it sometimes by not sleeping and sometimes smoking and drinking, etc.

3. For the journey

This year has been just sooooo long. It has been a mind-blowing ride and a deepening consciousness for me. Also understanding myself and the world around me better. Sometimes it does not make sense at all. I am learning how to deal with it. I am learning how to find my place in the world and still be me. When I think about it, sometimes I get so emotional that I just have to cry. 

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Kate

1. I am grateful having found the MT and to have the opportunity to have sessions... when I read the original Messages book, I thought, how awesome those people received messages... and now I can, too! Thank you TLE and Troy to make it possible!

2. Nature... the hills where I hike and the plants on my balcony 

3. My job... this sounds controversial as it is really stressful and hard most of the time, and I do not know how long I stay in there, but it allows me the background to pursue my spiritual quest first of all, and still, in the middle of the chaos there I always wonder how nicely do my scholarly and priestly energies manifest... Well, in both poles sometimes.. 🙂 

• LIKE/LOVE 6

FJames

I haven't contributed much here at TLE yet. I'm still feeling my way around but this seems like a pretty good place to start.

1. I'm really grateful for this life, it's been an incredible ride and there's still so much to look forward to.
  2. I'm also grateful for good health and a moderate sense of being. Without that, #1 wouldn't likely be possible.
  3. .... and I'm grateful for the people in my life, especially the playful, feisty, pixie-woman who brings so much creativity and laughter to our home. 

I wish everyone a positive new year full of love and happiness. 💕

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Nick Sweeney (Babylove)

Holy smokes!   So much I am grateful for.  Here goes!

*Troy, Michael, these teachings and this community.  You all touch my heart and soul on a regular basis and remind me of the depth and breadth of the truth, love and energy that is me, everyone and this exquisite phenomena called existence.

*my dear friends Quinn, Nick, Peter, Shaun and Will.  These men have become a core group of friends in my life.  Our whole agenda and purpose together is simply to have fun, enjoy life and each other and speak about how awesome it all is and how grateful we are for it all.  We're been to Hawaii twice together, Burning Man twice, YouTopia twice (a regional Burning Man event near San Diego) and various other events like my 40th birthday in Idyllwild near San Diego.  I feel so deeply grateful to have peeps I can be utterly myself with and share the silliness, depth and joy in my soul with on a regular basis.  They help me to appreciate life more and more and more.

*my house-mate, Penny.  Our home is such a sanctuary, and we are like two peas in a pod!  When I moved in over a year ago, all our crystals moved in together! lol  She is such a warm, genuine light in my life.  The parallels in our lives are crazy, and we are both there supporting each other just by being ourselves.  I haven't felt this at home in my home since...1st year of college in my single dorm room!  There is so much more I could say about this wonderful Canadian lady...

*I am so grateful that I am finally starting to get the hang of this thing called life!  This year was my personal 7 year (numerology/Michael's personal cycles), and I went deep and wide.  Now I find myself understanding what it means to live.  It means (at least one thing it means) to BE OPEN TO LEARNING AND GROWING!!!  And I finally realize I can't do that while constantly letting fear of failure and/or embarrassment stop me from even trying.  The game has changed, and I find myself ok with being wrong, making mistakes, being embarrassed, being called out, etc., and I am so grateful to be where I am.  I feel like I am just now starting to really live.  Right on time!

So, much more, of course, but these were what immediately popped into my mind.

Cheers!

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Troy

Having a big wave of gratitude wash over me tonight as I work on plans for 2019 and think about how important all of you have been to me and to each other over these many years, especially in these recent rough years. It brings me to tears to think about it. So many lives connecting and touching and merging and growing together. I can honestly say that I have no clue what my life would be like without all of you. I don't even want to try to imagine it.

I'm especially grateful for TeamTLE and all of the immediate support around me that helps make this community run so much better than I can run it by myself. They are unsung heroes behind the scenes keeping me on track and making sure I don't collapse under the weight of my insecurities and distractions.

Well... This is just another virtual hug and wave of love for everyone.

• LIKE/LOVE 12