Troy

The Future is Here [flesh eaters can rejoice]

Troy

Starting at the end of this year or beginning of next year, the company JUST FOR ALL, a cutting-edge scientific and nutrition company, will have on the market the first wave of lab-grown flesh.

JUST MEAT is animal meat that is entirely cruelty-free, requires no slaughterhouse or agriculture, produces no pollution or waste, is organic, hormone-free,  environmentally-sustainable, and affordable.

This changes everything, especially for the people who have refused to give up eating animals. 

Watch this amazing mini doc that will introduce you to the future. People from the meat and dairy industry have gone full tilt violence mode and have actually put out a hit on the creator of this company. They want him assasinated. 

Would this help any of you to be more willing to help the animals and environment and starving populations?

• LIKE/LOVE 18
  • THANK YOU! 1
  • WHAT/WOW! 1

DianeHB

I actually think this could be HUGE, if the company doesn’t get squashed by the meat industry and once people realize that artificially grown meat is better for the environment by far and free of hormones, antibiotics, and environmental toxins (though I’d want to see some tests on the latter). People already want to choose more humanely raised meat. Going to artificially grown is a no brainer. 

• LIKE/LOVE 9
  • THANK YOU! 1

Nick Sweeney (Babylove)

Wow! Another example of the awesome evolution that is happening in the Mature Soul planet direction.  This is encouraging!

• LIKE/LOVE 8

SunSand

YEESS!!! I saw a lot of different videos online about the possibility of growing lab meat and also 3D printing meat, glad to see it in action

Edited by SunSand
  • LIKE/LOVE 7

AnnaD

I think this is great. I know it will appeal to a great amount of people wanting humane meat. I would not be interested in this product (the lab grown meat cloned from chicken stem cells is still animal and that doesn't interest me but on a scale of harm to animals, from 0-10 it is a one or two, which is great, zero is gold standard obviously, depending how the company acquires the chicken stem cells), but it is great because it could wipe out chicken slaughter and the egg from chicken industries. This is powerful and I am behind it. I like their approach and it is great that their products are addressing so many issues at once. I hope that they are very successful.

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Allan Maxwell Kimani

As long as the issue of the taste of the meat is addressed it could go a long way to meeting the food security and protein needs of very many people around the world.  In that way, if to a Chinese eating dogs is "normal" then maybe no more memes of bashing dogs, by waving them like a flag, on the sidewalk, to kill, said, dog, on my facebook because to them that's okay.  And so on and so forth for all meat eaters around the globe and their unique responses.  I do vaguely remember something about the UN saying that access to animal protein portends a certain prosperity and the relative availability of animal flesh to the general public ass a sign of some kind of progress.  And so, the ability to acquire and utilize animal protein is a marker in economic development.  Your point, however, is pure logic.  Kinda like Spock on Star Trek... Yes, meat-eating is wrong because it involves killing for human consumption and without compassion, (to you). This is why Anthony Bourdain's rant on Vegans made sense to me about eating meat. Yet, on another side, it has its other point.  For most outside the first world, it is a great honor to be able to offer one's guests meats.  I have so many questions.   One of the primary questions is about the relative future of veganism to an avowed meat eater?  Purely rhetorical...

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Troy
3 hours ago, Allan Maxwell Kimani said:

For most outside the first world, it is a great honor to be able to offer one's guests meats.

Yeah, the Baby and Young Souls of the world are taught terrible ways to assign themselves status. One of the jobs of the Mature and Old Souls is to help transform what we consider to be status symbols. In a Young Soul world, any sign of destruction or territory or competition (including slavery, oppression, even cruelty) were signs of power and progress and achievement and status, but in a Mature Soul world, that kind of thinking is dead. Rather than defend traditions and familiarity and outdated ideas about what progress and status mean, consider it to be a part of our evolution to support a collective move toward compassion, sharing, caring, and being aware of the consequences of our choices beyond our pride and ego.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

DianeHB
5 hours ago, Allan Maxwell Kimani said:

As long as the issue of the taste of the meat is addressed it could go a long way to meeting the food security and protein needs of very many people around the world.  In that way, if to a Chinese eating dogs is "normal" then maybe no more memes of bashing dogs, by waving them like a flag, on the sidewalk, to kill, said, dog, on my facebook because to them that's okay.  And so on and so forth for all meat eaters around the globe and their unique responses.  I do vaguely remember something about the UN saying that access to animal protein portends a certain prosperity and the relative availability of animal flesh to the general public ass a sign of some kind of progress.  And so, the ability to acquire and utilize animal protein is a marker in economic development.  Your point, however, is pure logic.  Kinda like Spock on Star Trek... Yes, meat-eating is wrong because it involves killing for human consumption and without compassion, (to you). This is why Anthony Bourdain's rant on Vegans made sense to me about eating meat. Yet, on another side, it has its other point.  For most outside the first world, it is a great honor to be able to offer one's guests meats.  I have so many questions.   One of the primary questions is about the relative future of veganism to an avowed meat eater?  Purely rhetorical...

The reason that meat is associated with prosperity is because it requires a lot more resources to raise and traditionally not affordable to people who make a subsistence living, except once in a while. When people in cultures that traditionally ate very little meat became more prosperous and started eating more meat, like those in China and Japan, they started getting "diseases of affluence" like heart disease, diabetes, and cancer at rates that westerners do. This is true across the board in studies that tracked people who moved countries and adopted the diets of their new country, or studies that tracked dietary and health changes within a country as it became more affluent. That is one of the unexpected costs of affluence. Another one is that as global population is close to topping 8 billion, our collective palate has massive impact on the planet. Eating animals costs several times the resources that eating plants does per calorie, depending on the animal. This is a consideration that traditional cultures never had to think about.

I do think the burden of reducing animal consumption (and consumption of all resources) falls primarily on developed countries, because we consume a far higher percentage of resources than developing countries do. A single meat eater in the United States eats far more meat in a year than someone in a developing country who's serving it to their honored guest on a special occasion. 

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 6

Amira Sa'Di

I love the cruelty-free aspect of this and the obvious stellar jump in the sustainability of its production! What I wonder about regarding this product is the vibration of it. So many laboratory-manipulated plant foods such as GMOs have been linked to widespread food allergies. Clearly, the GMOs do not have as compatible a vibration with the human body. I wonder if lab grown meat would have the same grounding properties as meat from actual animals?