Maureen

My Life Task ~ Understanding vs Comprehension and how it all works with Centers

Maureen

As I was "dithering" I could hear Geraldine, laughing, in my ear saying: "How many times do I have to tell all you students. Cross-post the damn thing so it gets covered in ALL areas of TLE."  💞

Alright Already... Yes, Ma'am. Cross-posted from my Personal Blog:  

My Life Task ~ Understanding vs Comprehension and how it all works with Centers

Q&A with Michael on how understanding moves us towards comprehension and the ongoing fulfillment of my Life Task centered in comprehension.

From a Private Live Chat on August 11, 2016

Maureen:  Another question. I nearly fell out of my chair when you said to me in a recent workshop:

“By "reality" here we speak of the behavior of others, the differences in understanding and comprehension, the differences in what you would do vs what someone else might have done. The reason it can be overlooked is because all of it makes perfect sense because you are often right, correct.

But it hurts you.”

I’ve been pondering, for months now, what the differences are between “understanding and comprehension”, for me specifically, as they relate to me and to my Life Task:

We describe this fragment's Life Task as "to comprehend the bigger picture" because we find this to be the most accurate description of what could also be described as "to understand Life," "to understand Death," “to understand Choice," "to understand People," etc.  In the end, it is all about the bigger picture, the larger patterns that contain tighter patterns, and finding ways to make sense of those in a way that is comprehended.  When we say "comprehended," we mean that the insights will have found ways of being implemented and shared that find they are effective.  If this Task is undertaken, we think it would show up primarily as motivated by a strong force of curiosity, tempered by a "soft" compassion for those people and things in life she observes and seeks to understand.  This fragment will know if she has fulfilled her Task when she finds she has become a kind of confident, yet flexible, resource of insight and feedback for herself and for others in helping to comprehend the bigger picture so that one does not get "snagged" in, or consumed by, the details.

Maureen:  Please comment and if Essence has anything to add I would appreciate (also) hearing directly from Essence with how I am actually doing with my Life Task.

Maureen:  From Essences' perspective of course.

MEntity:  Some good examples of understanding vs comprehension might be that you understand that there are Soul Ages, but it is difficult to comprehend the beauty in this as the chaos rises in divisions and conflicts. You understand the pain of someone's grief, but it is difficult to comprehend that person's behavior that might be motivated by grief. You understand that you are an Old Soul, but it has been difficult to comprehend how an Old Soul can still be "so human."

MEntity:  It is fairly easy to understand death, but not as easy to comprehend the loss of someone's presence in your life.

Maureen:  That made me cry.

MEntity:  The process of comprehension is a process of learning to use all Centers as they are appropriate to experience. What many students do not realize is that the Center and its Parts is a process of understanding. Comprehension is when the Center is used with no Parts.

Maureen:  I get that. I can feel the clarity. It just IS.

Maureen:  There is a stillness with it and peace.

MEntity:  In terms of your fulfillment of the Task, it appears to be in constant fulfillment. You do not rest with mere understanding. You honor that understanding and you allow it to support you, but you know it never ends there. You continue toward comprehension.

MEntity:  Do you know this?

Maureen:  Yes, I do.

MEntity:  The Task is nearly completely fulfilled by that one comprehension.

Maureen:  🙂

Edited by Maureen
  • LIKE/LOVE 17

petra
@Maureen  You downright oiled my Soul with this one, I am so grateful You posted !!!
All of it, but specially:
ME:" Comprehension is when the Center is used with no Parts "
  • LIKE/LOVE 4

Ingun

As I was "dithering" I could hear Geraldine, laughing, in my ear saying: "How many times do I have to tell all you students. Cross-post the damn thing so it gets covered in ALL areas of TLE."  

Thanks for this. I miss her voice here. I often think about how she would have responded to this or that around here.

• LIKE/LOVE 5