Sign in to follow this  
Jeroen

Wardruna and Aurora - Helvegen

Hjortur

This song is about singing a loved one accross to the other side... 

Einar Selvik in Wardruna along with Aurora, Eivør and other artists are central in the revival of the old pre-Christian philosophy and faith here in the North 😊

• LIKE/LOVE 4

petra
@Jeroen  WOW, what I have experienced in listening, it trances and grounds me all at once, powerful voodoo, THANK YOU for sharing !!!
  • LIKE/LOVE 2

Michèle

@Jeroen Thank you for sharing this song. I don't have any words but it's doing something in my heart center.Her voice is beautiful, with the percussion at the beginning.

@Hjortur Thank you for sharing what the song is about, and the note about what the artists do to revive the old ways.

I will look them up. I feel very drawn to the "Germanic" Scandinavia, and I love the sound of the languages. Danish, Swedish and Norwegian sound so similar to the Swiss German dialect (Bern) I speak, I always feel that I should understand them, although I think Icelandic is further removed. There is a very old legend that tells that the name "Schweiz" (what German Swiss people call Switzerland) is of Scandinavian origin. I need to reread it when I get back home and will share - it's s a tragic story of two brothers who fight and one dies.

• LIKE/LOVE 3