Miizle

Nexus-created parallel timeline memories have a name: The Mandela effect!

Miizle

I was just trying to turn Blutooth on in my new computer. BLUtooth, right? Well, it says Bluetooth now apparently. Apparently it's always been Bluetooth. But a lot of people like myself remember it as blutooth and there are webpages talking about blutooth, alythought no history of it having changed names. So another "lululemon" happened to me again 😄 But this is good, because I discovered this short video, 

which led me to this: Mandela effect. So apparently a lot of people remember Nelson Mandela dying in prison in the 80's! Having seen his funeral on the TV and all! Hence the name "Mandela effect" for the phenomenon of a large number of people remembering something that never happened. Or, as we know, something that happened in another timeline that since merged. This is cool 🙂

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • WHAT/WOW! 2

Miizle

There's probably a lot of videos about this, just watching this right now. 

Troy

I have always known it as bluetooth. That's interesting that there are people who thought it was blutooth.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Troy

Wouldn't it be fun if the "Mandela Effect" actually does help us determine that we are from different parallels that have merged?

• LIKE/LOVE 8

KurtisM

I've also always known it as Bluetooth.

I'm one of the ppl that remembers Nelson Mandela having died earlier as well. I distinctly and weirdly recall seeing some commemorative google article on how he died in the 80s.

Then when I saw he died in 2013 I thought wait, didn't he already die?

I found out about the Mandela effect later in 2014. I incorporate it in one of my stories.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Sarah

Billy Graham is another one. When he died last year, I was so confused... because I remembered him dying a few years ago. It was all over the news, and it was a really big deal!

Two words: Berenstain Bears. (I will always maintain it was "Berenstein" in my original reality, because I never knew how to pronounce the "ei". If it had always been "Berenstain", that wouldn't even have been an issue!)

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Becca the Student

I remember it being "Berenstein Bears", too! Because the "stein" sounded Jewish to me, so whenever my dad read those books out loud I felt like it was one of the only pieces of children's media besides Rugrats that was for me. 🙂

• LIKE/LOVE 3

SharvariJ

Oddly enough, I do remember it being “BLUtooth” but also “Bluetooth”. It’s like I have two separate memories of the same thing in my head??

There’s also the word “chartreuse”. I was so sure (like a lot of people) that it meant a deep wine red colour, but apparently it’s a yellow-green? I was flabbergasted when I found out. So that was when I first discovered the Mandela effect 🤷🏻‍♀️

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Connor

That is mind-boggling, how can someone remember Mandela dying in prison without remembering everything that came afterwards? Do they remember alternate versions of South Africa's 1990s, as well? Becoming the first black president of the home of apartheid was a very big deal, I don't understand how people could possibly have missed it. It happened the year after I was born, and while I was a kid EVERYONE knew Nelson Mandela, and I've always felt lucky to have been alive at the same time as him. Maybe if Mandela died in prison, someone else might have emerged instead?

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 1

petra
@Connor  I am intrigued now, about you mention, "someone else might have emerged instead?" Could you explain in more depth what you mean?

As for Nelson Mandela in my life, a close South African friend of mine, knew Nelson, and visited him numerous times in imprisonment as well as in his freedom and his time as president, there are photos of all of them, through all of these times, that I saw, and are still existing. For this person, Nelson Mandela was one continuous person, till his death in 2013. It is such right now, that the person I am talking about does not want to be revealed and share these pictures publicly. 
Still, I am looking forward to a deeper explanation, if you will, cause you have quite grand thoughts to share, as far as I have come to know You.
  • LIKE/LOVE 3

Miizle

@Connor Yes it is so confusing!! Nelson Mandela was so prominent and did such amazing things. So what on earth happened to South Africa without him?? This question should baffle the heck out of those who remember him having died. But for these timelines to be able to have merged and so quickly, too, the history would have had to be fairly similar. So my guess it the same as yours, someone else (or a collective) emerged and did basically what he did. I'm not too familiar with the country and its history, but the movement was obviously more than one man, and every single president has been black since. So the time must have been ripe in many parallels to go to the same direction with or without him.  There's something special about Mandela though. I just get happy and peaceful simply seeing his face.

@SharvariJ The whole Blutooth thing is odd. Because it's like i can also remember both now, and Bluetooth doesn't seem so weird anymore. And since i saw someone commenting under the video that they confused it with Blu-ray, i started doubting myself. But i remember how it looked, though, my memory is quite visual, and it looks very different with the e in there. Also, i remember thinking how odd the name for it was anyway, but then thinking that it doesn't *really* mean "blue coloured tooth", because the spelling was different.

I know we can quite easily "create" memories and this alters our brain accordingly. (How all this ties up with parallel timelines would be super fascinating to research. Also, how Michael says imagination is largely misunderstood.) I'm just wondering what it is now, because if i dig, it almost feels like i do have a very vague memory of Nelson Mandela's funeral on tv. Am i making this up or not (and is there such thing as making things up?), i don't know. I would have been 10. Pretty sure it was that or the previous year we learned about South Africa in geography at school, i remember we had a surprise test, one of the questions being "What is apartheid?" and i had no idea so it sticks out in my memory. So perhaps having learned about South Africa would have made me pay attention a little bit if i happened to see the news. I don't know. But i would love to one day learn more about the nature of reality, truth and imagination. (The stupid thing is that there are some transcripts, but the moment i realise i should read those properly first, use the search etc... suddenly i become super reluctant and the weight of anticipated effort falls on me. Argh -_-)

The Flintstones. Apparently changed to The Flinstones at some point, but is now back to being The Flintstones😄 There's a big argument about this in some Reddit thread, lol. I think the Tao  is having a good laugh about all this confusion 😜   

• LIKE/LOVE 3

KurtisM

Omg @Miizle I definitely recall it was the Flinstones. It was NOT the Flintstones for me. XD

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Connor

@petra
Miizle described the same idea. The parallel (or parallels) where Mandela died in prison in the '80s would need to have grown similar enough to our parallel where sustaining a separation was no longer necessary. So that implies the alternate South Africa somehow would have found a way to grow even without Mandela. Perhaps in those alternate "Nelson Dies In Prison" parallels, someone else emerged with their own support network and made a similar impact on South Africa, someone who in this parallel is not famous.

• THANK YOU! 1

petra
@Connor Great, I can comprehend that, thank You for responding.

@Miizle and @KurtisM where I grew up, they were called Feuerstein, and when I moved to other countries I only remember them as Flintstones.

@Miizle, you have brought up quite some examples, so far, that the idea of merging parallels, which I have no problem with to embrace, is coming more into the realm of being factual. As long as we trust our memories and don't overthink. Thank You.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Miizle
2 minutes ago, petra said:
the idea of merging parallels, which I have no problem with to embrace, is coming more into the realm of being factual.

Yes, that's how it feels like, doesn't it. And the added fact that, my goodness, the science community doesn't actually sneer at or laugh at this proposal (well, obviously because they came up with it on their own but still ;))
With some research and documentation going into the Mandela effect (one day), perhaps indeed the concept will become mostly accepted by public WAY SOONER than i ever imagined possible, as @Troy was suggesting above. That would be quite something.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

James D

I had not heard of the Mandela Effect previously. Some of these are genuinely creepy. "Life WAS like a box of chocolates"? Um, no. I remember Morpheus saying "What if I told you..." very distinctly. I have no recollection of the show being called "Sex IN the City".....I remember being puzzled for about a decade that Billy Graham was still alive....And "The Flinstones"? That one makes no sense. Flint is a kind of stone. Flin is not. I seriously doubt Sally Field would have ever said "You really LOVE me." The understatement of "LIKE" was what made the quote so memorable. There is no doubt that merging parallels explains at least some of these. And we can be certain that things are only going to get weirder. 

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Leela Corman

I don't usually have this kind of sensitivity, and have always been fascinated (well, since becoming part of this community) with those scenarios in which people do. But I totally had this happen with Marc Almond, the musician, from the 80's duo Softcell. They were kind of my first "favorite band"; when I was 10, their Tainted Love 12" was the first vinyl album I ever bought, with like tooth money or something. I could have sworn that he died, possibly sometime in the early 90's. Then all of a sudden a year or two ago he's on Twitter, talking on social media, being a public figure. Why do I remember him being dead? I have these vague-ish memories of musicians I came to love later, like Thurston Moore and Lydia Lunch, speaking of him with admiration, and being surprised that their subcultures had crossed paths (though that isn't surprising to me now, now that I know more).

I have been having some interesting experiences with personal parallels lately. Some feel so close that I think I'm getting emotional bleedthrough. And I observed a cadence mate of mine describing what I'm pretty sure was a bleedthrough experience with me. In fact I'm going to post about this separately so that I can hear about other people's experiences with this, because it's under my skin right now.

• LIKE/LOVE 4