Help: Need Additional Data to Prove My Hypothesis

Faye

Question

Remember this exercise is all about you and your feelings. No one or any thing else matters. Think about a time when you were creating something, anything. It could be while baking, woodworking, writing, setting up a computer, inputting data into a spreadsheet, working on a car, working on a team project, having a conversation, etc. The only requirement is that have to have been doing it because you wanted to and you felt happy doing it. Pause now until you remember; both your memories and what you felt.

Now, the question is. When you paused while creating and felt like you were happy with the result regardless of whether or not it was fully complete. What idea/concept/value/sense did this item evoke in you that made you feel happy and accomplished?

Now, a bit of clarification. There are two levels of completion here that are important to separate. The first is the one that most people actively think about. This level relates to the intention/motivation that started the project in the first place. This context defines when the project is actually completed. This includes any external reasons/conclusions, your initial idea(s) about the project, etc. Please throw it all out for the purpose of the exercise. What is left when thinking about the completion of your project should be the idea/concept/value/sense we are looking for. This is the second level. Whatever this thing is, it has and will always be the same. Sometimes it may be buried and other times easier to see and feel. The above visualization exercise should help to find a time when it was easier to see and feel. Try not to think too much. Try to feel it and then analyze the first couple of things that pop into your head.

If you feel comfortable, please comment or send me a message with your conclusion. I am trying to gather a larger data set and this wonderful community immediately came to mind. Thank you all, I adore all of you!!!

Feel free to stop reading at this point or read on based upon your needs and interests.

If you are having a hard time deciding. Read the next section if examples would help.

===========================================================================

I have done five of these so far. Here are the answers I have received:

1. Usefulness - The example given was when they bake regardless of whether all aspects of the cake are perfect if one aspect such as flavor or structure is good then it is useful even is the cake looks like a mess or tastes nasty. If a baking creation is useful on any level the item can be called complete and they feel happy and accomplished.

2. Benefit - They do arts and crafts projects and if their creation adds something to another's life they feel it can be called complete and feel happy about it.

3. Structure - The example given was writing. If they can take the structure and/or vision that is in their mind and put it on paper it can be called complete and they feel accomplished and happy.

4. Sharing - The example given was regarding woodworking. If they make an item and get it to the point where they feel that they can share it with another person it can be called complete and they are happy with it.

5. Wholeness - The example given was writing. When their creation becomes more than what was put in it is when it could be called complete and they would feel both happy and accomplished.

I hope these are helpful. If you are curious about my hypothesis, check out the next section.

===========================================================================

I believe any person's answer can to collated into 7 groups and each can be directly correlated and describes the core of each of the 7 Roles. I have tried to formulate the exercise in a way that causes people to think about the times they shine. This hopefully reveals their role and helps them to see it more clearly. The clarification and example sections hopefully allow a person see through any overleaves or imprinting that may be causing confusion or indecisiveness. Also, without getting too much into the Michael Teachings terminology so people can find their own way in their own words. This may or may not be a good method for determining role, but I am very curious to find out.

I discovered these questions when the other day when I was accused of being controlling and the person also made a comment about how I am exacting. The words triggered me on one front as a defense because I have worked for quite a while to become less controlling. Secondly as a prompt to discover why I am so exacting. I discovered that I am so exacting because I need to know where all of the parts go and how they interrelate. Then I was having a conversation with another person about feeling overwhelmed with my university classes having to process and extract a lot of data on a very strict timetable and how if I was learning different information the extraction process would be less intense. (I was studying Psychology and Philosophy and my multi-dimensional puzzle-like array of links and connections are so dense already in those fields that trying to tie anything new into them is an intense process.) I exchanged their idea of a standard or vision with my problem of maintaining wholeness to aid in their understanding of my problem. In this way they understood my issue from the lens of their own experience. This caused a shift in which I realized we actually were talking about the same thing, not just a difference in definition as so often happens. I just needed to zoom out a little bit. Then after three more conversations attempting to extract the answers above this exercise was born.

If you have read this far, feel free to comment or send me a message with any ideas about refinement, clarification, criticism, etc.

Thank you all, again. You are all lovely people.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

8 answers to this question

Rosario

This is awesome! and thanks for this moment of self-awareness, Michael 💜

Let's see...

Connection/resonance: when I'm with a friend or coaching a client and I help them find meaning, love, clarity and manifest Essence. Just thinking about it makes me feel blissful ✨💜 I love true human connection. 

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 1
DianeHB

Interesting experiment. I am not sure you can always get the role from this exercise, particularly for cardinal roles, because by nature cardinal roles require more setup for fulfillment, and it wouldn't happen from creating "anything." I would say quite often the point of creation for me is Benefit/Meaning, which correlates to my casting. 

Edited to add: I had something else nagging at me after I wrote this. The point of creation for me is not just Benefit/Meaning, but also doing it well or doing it right, which is related to Mastery.

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 1
7 minutes ago, DianeHB said:

Interesting experiment. I am not sure you can always get the role from this exercise, particularly for cardinal roles, because by nature cardinal roles require more setup for fulfillment, and it wouldn't happen from creating "anything." I would say quite often the point of creation for me is Benefit/Meaning, which correlates to my casting. 

Do you mind sharing a specific example of Benefit/Meaning that shows how it contributes to your sense of completion when creating?

I am not sure I agree with your statement concerning Cardinal Roles. That could be misunderstanding on my part though. Couldn't the setup for fulfillment be a creative process? Kings for example could build a kingdom and feel completion/accomplishment/happiness as well as perhaps even calling it complete at some point(s) in the process?

DianeHB

1 hour ago, MichaelE said:

Do you mind sharing a specific example of Benefit/Meaning that shows how it contributes to your sense of completion when creating?

Couple examples: 

- When I have conversations with people, it makes me happiest when I can say something that helps them solve a problem or understand something, or otherwise make a small difference for them.

- When I write, the intent is also to benefit others, but the information also needs to be accurate and complete (or as complete as can be within the length and intent of the piece). 

1 hour ago, MichaelE said:

I am not sure I agree with your statement concerning Cardinal Roles. That could be misunderstanding on my part though. Couldn't the setup for fulfillment be a creative process? Kings for example could build a kingdom and feel completion/accomplishment/happiness as well as perhaps even calling it complete at some point(s) in the process?

Yes, it is all a creative process. I just meant that setup usually requires multiple pieces of creation and effort over time, and the examples you gave like having a conversation, writing, baking, etc, are often pieces that contribute to the whole. So then a King creating a kingdom would likely have many creations with different intents that contribute to the creation of the whole or to mastery. In the above examples, I would also say that both activities when done as part of my business also make me happy because they contribute to a sense of progress for my business. But if they're done outside of my business, then they're only for the sake of Benefit. That's what I meant when I wrote that it can be difficult to tell just from any kind of creation. 

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 1
Jeroen

Interesting exercise!

• When I am with another person and through a bit of experimentation, I find a way to make us both laugh a great deal. I find then we have experienced moments of resonance as Essence and it helps to heal the other person if they are feeling down or having a shitty day. In my daily life, this has come to be the primary way for me to find common ground with other people even if we otherwise may have little in common. I feel happy because of the connection and wholeness we experienced together in those moments and that I might have been able to help them feel better.
  • I have worked with computers and software among other related areas throughout most of my life. An example is of a time where I was heavily focused on an open source project. I started working on the project for reasons of fun, learning, and that I felt it would help others. The sense of making a difference and finding purpose in life is what led to feelings of happiness. The more I felt I was helping others, the more I wanted to work on the project.
Edited by Jeroen
  • LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 1
4 hours ago, DianeHB said:

Couple examples: 

- When I have conversations with people, it makes me happiest when I can say something that helps them solve a problem or understand something, or otherwise make a small difference for them.

- When I write, the intent is also to benefit others, but the information also needs to be accurate and complete (or as complete as can be within the length and intent of the piece). 

Yes, it is all a creative process. I just meant that setup usually requires multiple pieces of creation and effort over time, and the examples you gave like having a conversation, writing, baking, etc, are often pieces that contribute to the whole. So then a King creating a kingdom would likely have many creations with different intents that contribute to the creation of the whole or to mastery. In the above examples, I would also say that both activities when done as part of my business also make me happy because they contribute to a sense of progress for my business. But if they're done outside of my business, then they're only for the sake of Benefit. That's what I meant when I wrote that it can be difficult to tell just from any kind of creation. 

Thank you for your clarification. I did not understand. It certainly can be difficult to tell from any kind of creation. That is the exact reason why the imagination exercise at the beginning is so important. I think if someone does not use the imagination exercise to stick themselves in a time that they shone and still do the rest of it, it makes sense that it would reveal the person's Casting. Since Casting is used in how you go about your daily life. I did not think along those lines, but it makes perfect sense.

@Jeroen Thank you for your contributions! I appreciate that you illustrate that the exercise can reveal aspects of both Role and Casting.

@Rosario Thank you. You truly are a Priest. True human connection is awesome! 100% agree.

• LIKE/LOVE 2
Susan A Flow

Interesting,  most recently these feelings have been around accurate representation of feelings, sometimes it's accurate representation of facts.   The satisfaction of completing either of these writing tasks focused on executing organizational skills to impart a complete representation of my particular vision that needed to be shared and/ or stated.    These examples were accomplished for 1.  the benefit of an individual in correspondence; 2. a summation of facts and inferences related to a legal nurse consultant case.   It's I find satisfaction in pouring myself out to completely and accurately reflect the an aspiration of contributing to the benefit of the overall task.     Make sense or is this too complicated?

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • THANK YOU! 1
Tawanyh

Communion. When I write a song or play guitar in general. No matter if I'm thinking of the duration of a single song or my entire 15 years long journey with playing music so far, I feel a sense of communion, with what my inner self wants to express, with the body of the instrument with my heart beating against it as I hold the guitar, with the vibrational waves of the universe which have their homologue in the musical notes. I feel that I'm embodying existence itself. And it's physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual all at once. There's sound and silence, there are notes and semi-tones. You can do it by yourself and still feel the company of the entire universe, or you can collaborate as a band, each member communing with themselves, the others and music itself. 

• LIKE/LOVE 2