Private Session

Minerva

Question

13 answers to this question

• WARRIOR
7 minutes ago, Minerva said:

Hello,

During private sessions in the chat room, do we type the questions or ask them loudly? Is it like a dialogue or a computer chat? 

Thank you.

Computer text chat

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • ARTISAN

@Minerva -- If you have not yet been in the session chatroom, you can try it at any time.

1. Open the chatroom option (Chat Rooms>Session Chatroom).
  2. Change the Nickname from MStudent to something that you like.
  3. Press Enter and you're in.

(Two notes:

Do not change the Channel from CausalConnection -- that's the name of the home chatroom.

A Nickname must be unique within the chat environment, which is much larger than CausalConnection. If you choose a Nickname that is already in use, you will be thrown out of the environment. Don't let it put you off: just select a different Nickname and head back in.) 

Once in the chatroom, experiment with typing something and seeing it appear in the chat window. 

You can also look at the schedule and find a scheduled POF, then show up in the chatroom during that time. Students participating in the POF are invited into a private chatroom, but they also hang out and just chat in the CausalConnection chatroom. So if you enter at this time, you can let the people there know you're new and ask for some tips. Exchanging some conversation at this time will familiarize you with how the chatrooms work. 

When you arrive for your private session, you'll enter in just exactly the same way. Troy will meet you there, and he will give you instructions and a link to get into the private room. If you have any doubts or questions, just let him know and he will step you through it. 

• LIKE/LOVE 3

@Janet hi, do I need to take notes during the session or will the answers be sent to me later on? How does Troy do it? Does he record or type the Michaels’ responses? Do I see or hear them? Thank you.

• ARTISAN

@Minerva -- You type your questions and comments. Michael, via Troy, type their response in the same way. You will be able to scroll up and down within the session to review the content while the session is going on. After the session ends, Troy will send you the transcript.

• LIKE/LOVE 1
29 minutes ago, Janet said:

@Minerva -- You type your questions and comments. Michael, via Troy, type their response in the same way. You will be able to scroll up and down within the session to review the content while the session is going on. After the session ends, Troy will send you the transcript.

Is the transcript being sent for personal sessions now?  Because I have never had that happen.  I always copy my session before closing the window.

• WARRIOR
26 minutes ago, Wendy said:

Is the transcript being sent for personal sessions now?  Because I have never had that happen.  I always copy my session before closing the window.

@Wendy They should be sent to the email address you used to sign up to the session with.  If you haven't checked that one, do so, and reply back and let me know if it isn't there.   And then, which sessions would you like the transcripts for from past sessions?

• LIKE/LOVE 1

@BobbyI'm not missing any sessions because I copied them all as soon as they were finished.  I do not recall ever getting a transcript for a private session though I think I've gotten them for POFs.  I'll try to remember to look when I have my next session in a couple weeks.  Thank you for the info.

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • WARRIOR
4 minutes ago, Wendy said:

@BobbyI'm not missing any sessions because I copied them all as soon as they were finished.  I do not recall ever getting a transcript for a private session though I think I've gotten them for POFs.  I'll try to remember to look when I have my next session in a couple weeks.  Thank you for the info.

For the POF transcripts, I send those out so I know those were sent.  On the chance though that any that Troy is sending to you (if he is), double check your spam folder to make sure nothing is going there that shouldn't and if so, add that email address to your address book so it's white listed to prevent it from going to spam in the future.

• LIKE/LOVE 1
1 hour ago, Janet said:

Thank you Janet.