Nadine

Hey guys,

I'm constantly made fun of at work because I refuse to use one of the microwaves and heat my food in the oven instead, but I just don't like them.

Can anyone indicate me a reliable article about whether using microwaves is detrimental or not?

I searched the library to see if there is some info from Michael and at least I found this

Of the energies you described earlier in your question, “microwaves” are the only energies we have seen to have an immediate and long-term effect on the physical body. The use of a microwave for cooking food appears to destroy nutritional value and suppress the Pineal Gland’s function.

But if anyone of you has already researched a bit on the topic, I'd appreciate some links or infos about it! 🙂

• LIKE/LOVE 16

Maureen
18 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Hey guys,

I'm constantly made fun of at work because I refuse to use one of the microwaves and heat my food in the oven instead, but I just don't like them.

Can anyone indicate me a reliable article about whether using microwaves is detrimental or not?

I searched the library to see if there is some info from Michael and at least I found this

But if anyone of you has already researched a bit on the topic, I'd appreciate some links or infos about it! 🙂

@Nadine, I have no issue with microwaves and have no "intuitive" fear about using them nor any beliefs that they will "harm me". I use them to some degree every day and they offer a huge convenience to me... and to many others. In fact, I see them as one of those technologies that have helped women "get out of the kitchen" like no other technology has before. If suppression of the Pineal Gland is the marker I can say (I first wrote "see" by mistake and it made me laugh considering where the Pineal Gland is located!) with assurance that using one has not affected me, in the slightest. When I asked The Evergreens (a trusted channeled source) years ago they said that the worst thing microwaves could do is to "fix"calcium, to a degree, in some foods. So, for me, the convenience far outweighs any "fear" that they might be doing any damage to me or to my food. Obviously this is just my opinion. Everyone needs to exercise their own choice about whether to use them or not.

• LIKE/LOVE 12

DianeHB

@Nadine I remember a response from the old TLE library where Michael stated that microwaves create some kind of energy vortex in the food itself that has harmful effects for up to seven years! I can't find that article anymore, but I think the topic is worth following up. I avoided microwaves for a while after reading that, but like Maureen said, it is too convenient. 

• LIKE/LOVE 7

KurtisM

I avoid using microwaves for what the Ms mentioned and because I've realized I dont need them and don't really like the way food cooked in them tastes. Except for noodles.

I actually prefer cold food most of the time and just make do without microwaving or use stovetop to reheat.

I get teased for it, as with most of my inconvenient and health-conscious choices.

So the only time I eat microwaved foods is out at restauraunts where I'm unaware.

Atm since there is little scientific info on the effects of microwaving, good or bad, I suppose it's not that bad to use them.

I think Microwaving is just part of the quick satisfaction and convenient quick fixes Young Souls want from life. However they also cater to Mature Souls who desire accessibility and sharing. Best of both worlds to some extent.

In the future we will have pretty advanced, intelligent automated systems for managing food and cooking perfectly, and they'll be mass 3D printed and even more accessible to everyone. So it's probably not long before Microwaves are replaced or upgraded with more mindful tech.

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Marigold

At home we don't use a microwave either. No toaster as well because it can attract cockroaches (I know this from past experience). And my mom and I don't own and drive cars which is also seen as strange by other people but it's our decision for multiple reasons. 

I think that dishwashers are actually the one major addition to the kitchen that is  truly convenient and useful.

• LIKE/LOVE 9

NickG

Yup, same here. After reading that Michael session I was like, I’d rather not risk it. Have used an oven ever since. Prefer using a skillet though. Find it much more enjoyable and creative lol

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Connor

I am known in my circles of friends for my 'superstitions' about microwaves. I remember the old session DianeHB mentioned, where Michael said microwaves create some kind of 'vortex' which should not be ingested, and takes up to seven years to fade away. Using the word 'vortex' definitely seemed like they needed a quick concept to answer a quick question, but would have a more comprehensive way of describing the phenomenon if they had more time.

Convection ovens are so much better, anyway. They're the positive pole of a toaster oven. Toaster ovens can't bake, but convection ovens sure can toast.

• LIKE/LOVE 10

Luciana Flora

I am not aware of any possible damage the microwave can cause. I just know I use it. And I use a lot ..

I use it a lot because I live alone and I do not have much time. Micoondas is practical. And apparently never caused any harm to my health ..

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Leela Corman

I remember both of those sessions, and they give me pause. But the main reason I don't like using the microwave is that I don't like its effect on food. I like cooking, I like what happens to ingredients when you sautee or bake them. I like the action of preparing and cooking food and I like the final outcome. Microwaves make food soggy and weird. 

Perhaps this question is worth revisiting and elaborating on with them.

• LIKE/LOVE 12

Patty

I stopped using microwaves after reading that thing about vortexes too. It's been well over seven years now - I even brought my own hot plate and skillet to work for a while! - but I haven't noticed too much of a difference healthwise, although I recall Michael saying there would be a significant difference. Microwaves always kind of freaked me out anyway - the food gets cooked from the inside-out, that just doesn't seem right to me!

• LIKE/LOVE 7

ckaricai

I remember those channelings too, and wondering how that info would ever be validated. Until it is then, meh. Not gonna worry about it. To me the microwave is a cooking method and like any cooking method it's best for certain foods and not for others. I mostly use it to steam vegetables, pop popcorn, melt chocolate and butter, reheat coffee without burning it and reheating foods that don't need to be crispy. 

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Ingun

I never liked microwaves, just generally didn't like the thing since the 19-eighties when it was introduced over here. I never had a  need for a microwave, and don't like what it does with the food - similar to what Leela wrote above. I like preparing and cooking food, homemade food, made from fresh or dried - not frozen, or from cans (it's like dead to me). And the same with microwaves, there is a change, like the prana or lifeforce is gone.

I have an cast iron oven with convection at the moment, but I used to have an induction, which I prefer. Some day I will have it again.

I never saw a need for a dishwasher either. I have two hands :-)

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Antinius

Nadine, I think the vortex comment below is what others were referring to (from the Michael Speaks session held on June 21, 2001). BTW, I also still use a microwave oven on occasion—for the convenience.

[ClaireN] Would Michael please comment on the function of the pineal gland and any disorders that it may cause?

[Michael_Entity]
The Pineal Gland is related to what might be considered your Higher Emotional Center, 6th Chakra, or “Third Eye.” We have seen its function directly related to dreaming, astral perception, channeling, imagination, and true perception/love. It is highly affected by the amount of sunlight, or any light for that matter, that is taken in through the sense of sight, and as the light permeates the forehead. Those who have a block or “disorder” in this gland can tend to have fertility problems, menstruation problems, and inability to have imagination of an optimistic nature, inability to recall dreams, may have depression and sleep disorders.

One of the major contributors to the suppression of this gland’s ability to function properly is in the use of what is called “microwaves.” Food prepared in this fashion tends to carry within it “vortexes” of energy that, when integrated over a short period time, can lead to lack of motivation and lack of clarity for a future. The “vortexes” remain in the body, particularly affecting the Pineal, for an average of 7 years. We do not have a term through this channel to more adequately describe that which is transferred through the act of microwaving, but this will do.

The “vortexes” collect in the center of the food prepared, in a size approximately equal to a golf ball. Larger ovens preparing larger foods can create collections in sizes up to a tennis ball. Those who are overexposed or underexposed to sunlight can develop a disorder of this gland. Those who are overexposed to what is called Fluorescent lights are susceptible to this, as well.

Edited by Antinius
  • LIKE/LOVE 9
  • THANK YOU! 2

Ingun

Here's the rest of Michaels answer to ClaireN's question, and the link: Michael Speaks June 2001

[ClaireN] Would Michael please comment on the function of the pineal gland and any disorders that it may cause?

[Michael_Entity]

The Pineal Gland is related to what might be considered your Higher Emotional Center, 6th Chakra, or “Third Eye.” We have seen its function directly related to dreaming, astral perception, channeling, imagination, and true perception/love. It is highly affected by the amount of sunlight, or any light for that matter, that is taken in through the sense of sight, and as the light permeates the forehead. Those who have a block or “disorder” in this gland can tend to have fertility problems, menstruation problems, and inability to have imagination of an optimistic nature, inability to recall dreams, may have depression and sleep disorders.

One of the major contributors to the suppression of this gland’s ability to function properly is in the use of what is called “microwaves.” Food prepared in this fashion tends to carry within it “vortexes” of energy that, when integrated over a short period time, can lead to lack of motivation and lack of clarity for a future. The “vortexes” remain in the body, particularly affecting the Pineal, for an average of 7 years. We do not have a term through this channel to more adequately describe that which is transferred through the act of microwaving, but this will do.

The “vortexes” collect in the center of the food prepared, in a size approximately equal to a golf ball. Larger ovens preparing larger foods can create collections in sizes up to a tennis ball. Those who are overexposed or underexposed to sunlight can develop a disorder of this gland. Those who are overexposed to what is called Fluorescent lights are susceptible to this, as well.

Edited by Ingun
  • LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 1

Ingun

M's reply to the second last question in this session M Speaks September 2008

The use of a microwave for extensive cooking can have more long-term damage to one's body than the use of a cellular phone for a lifetime.

And the same quote that Nadine posted in the beginning:

Michael Speaks - December 2004

Of the energies you described earlier in your question, “microwaves” are the only energies we have seen to have an immediate and long-term effect on the physical body. The use of a microwave for cooking food appears to destroy nutritional value and suppress the Pineal Gland's function.

Edited by Ingun
  • LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 1

NickG

I wonder, assuming this is valid, if there is any way to break down the “vortexes” once their in your body. Maybe some sort of light based therapy?  They’re energy like everything else. I imagine they can be changed for the better somehow. 

• LIKE/LOVE 3

petra

Food is to precious to me, I want to eat fresh stuff, what a destructive way to the food and the body, to microwave, with or without what Michael has to say about it, my experiences with microwaved foods and liquids were urrgh!!! from the very beginning of its usage.

To reheat coffee is a terrible thing to do for my enjoyment of it, microwaved or not. I had one time, a reheated coffee from a microwave, I declare it till this day, the most terrible stuff I had ever in my mouth, it hit the sink.

There will come a day where we will cook differently and still healthy, microwaved food and liquids aren't it, as well as the combustion engine isn't it neither for transportation.

We have no clue what we are doing, and when my client mothers asked me if I think its all right to heat the baby food in the microwave, I said I don't know, nobody knows.

Breast-feeding on the other hand, seems to work in a healthy way for eons, as well as the cooking methods established before the microwave oven.

I am sure there is a better way, there mostly is, for me noooo microwaved!!!

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Jon

My grandfather worked with Microwaves (for communication) when they were first figuring out how to use them. He actually worked with the guy who came up with the "radar range" (aka microwave oven).  He figured out it could be used to cook because they were working in a room filled with microwaves (and some other radio waves) and he went to eat a candy bar from his pocket and found that it was melted.  My grandfather had a rare form of leukemia as a result because he basically cooked his bone marrow.  It took him 30 years to regain an (almost) normal white blood cell count afterwards.

He always taught us to be super cautious of microwave ovens.  There are cheap devices (~$20) that you can use to tell if they are leaking.  If they aren't leaking, then you are fine... but if they are leaking it can cause serious health problems over time. Here is a Youtube video someone made on testing it: 

• LIKE/LOVE 9
  • WHAT/WOW! 1

Mike Cleverly

It's so weird that this topic came up again. Ever since I read the session quoted above I have avoided microwaved food where possible. I just had a microwaved potato yesterday for the first time in ages and the questions from this session were bugging me. I have always been somewhat uncomfortable with this though because it feels akin to superstition - I can't explain it in with science. I have looked to see if any studies confirm what Michael says, but of course there are none, or else we would have heard about it. 

The bit about a "vortex" is interesting. Michael had half the concept I think. Read this quote from Wikipedia:

"

Molecular rotation occurs in materials containing polar molecules having an electrical dipole moment, with the consequence that they will align themselves in an electromagnetic field. If the field is oscillating, as it is in an electromagnetic wave or in a rapidly oscillating electric field, these molecules rotate continuously by aligning with it. This is called dipole rotation, or dipolar polarisation. As the field alternates, the molecules reverse direction. Rotating molecules push, pull, and collide with other molecules (through electrical forces), distributing the energy to adjacent molecules and atoms in the material. The process of energy transfer from the source to the sample is a form of radiative heating.

Temperature is related to the average kinetic energy(energy of motion) of the atoms or molecules in a material, so agitating the molecules in this way increases the temperature of the material. Thus, dipole rotation is a mechanism by which energy in the form of electromagnetic radiation can raise the temperature of an object. There are also many other mechanisms by which this conversion occurs."

Edited by Mike Cleverly
  • LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 2

Michèle
1 hour ago, Mike Cleverly said:

It's so weird that this topic came up again. Ever since I read the session quoted above I have avoided microwaved food where possible. I have always been somewhat uncomfortable with this though because it feels akin to superstition - I can't explain it in with science. I have looked to see if any studies confirm what Michael says, but of course there are none, or else we would have heard about it. 

The bit about a "vortex" is interesting. Michael had half the concept I think. Read this quote from Wikipedia:

"

Molecular rotation occurs in materials containing polar molecules having an electrical dipole moment, with the consequence that they will align themselves in an electromagnetic field. If the field is oscillating, as it is in an electromagnetic wave or in a rapidly oscillating electric field, these molecules rotate continuously by aligning with it. This is called dipole rotation, or dipolar polarisation. As the field alternates, the molecules reverse direction. Rotating molecules push, pull, and collide with other molecules (through electrical forces), distributing the energy to adjacent molecules and atoms in the material. The process of energy transfer from the source to the sample is a form of radiative heating.

Temperature is related to the average kinetic energy(energy of motion) of the atoms or molecules in a material, so agitating the molecules in this way increases the temperature of the material. Thus, dipole rotation is a mechanism by which energy in the form of electromagnetic radiation can raise the temperature of an object. There are also many other mechanisms by which this conversion occurs."

I can't remember whether I have read a scientific article about this anywhere. however there is an idea that microwaves disrupt the structure of molecules such as proteins. This is important because we have enzymes that rely on this exact structure for efficient digestion. That means explicitly that you eat food you can't completely digest, and that can influence your gut microbiota, decrease absorption of nutrients etc.  I can go into more detail if that would be helpful. In addition, I found this artcle "German soldiers 'died after microwave exposure" in The Independent in 2001. In any case I tend not to use the microwave neither, I often get indigestion when eating microwaved food, and only very rarely use it when I really don't want to eat a half-thawed icecold muffin for breakfast and too hungry to wait for it to thaw. And that doesn't happen often. I have a vague memory that our Ayurveda teacher said that microwaves kills off the lifeforce (prana) in food, as does any sort of industrial processing. 

@petra And naturally I agree with everything you say about food is precious and re-heated coffee (big nono) and breastfeeding, and I wouldn't heat babyfood in the microwave etc 🌝

Edited by Michèle
  • LIKE/LOVE 8

Nadine

Whoa, thanks for your thoughts everyone! Just like @Ingun, we had a microwave at home but never really used it. I only remember using it to warm up some milk or hot chocolate. But we used the stove to prepare food or re-heat it. And when I moved out, I never got one for my own apartment. I don't like how mushy it makes the food. I've never really gotten used to the convenience a microwave offers, so it's no loss for me to not use them.

I've found conflicting informations about the negative effects of the usage of microwaves, depending on the study the results are completely different. That's why I was looking for some channeling on it. 

Thank you, @Antinius and @Ingun for pointing out the right transcripts to me! 

I think I will keep heating up my food in the oven for now :D

• LIKE/LOVE 5

AnnaD

Ideally I like food cooked in anything but a microwave, but for reheating it is instant. That's it's only recommendation. I don't have one but I use my girlfriend's one. I prefer to use any other cooking method but the microwave. The days that I cannot be arsed with slow cooking which I normally can be arsed with, I use a microwave. Like last night, I reheated some vegan sausages and corn on the cob. Its 30C here (hot summer in NZ). Anything more after work and working out is too much time spent being way too hot cooking. 

• LIKE/LOVE 3

NickF

We haven’t used a microwave in about 5 years. Until now, I hadn’t been aware of anything the Michaels had said about them. It just wasn’t something we wanted to do any longer. My way of vegan cooking and meal preparation don’t really require it. However, I do see the convenience aspect value. 

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Miizle

I was going to reply that i have not owned a microwave oven for decades, when i realised that i actually do have one. It was left behind by someone who was renting our previous place while were were overseas. We kept it as it was a good machine, but i never even remembered we had it, i was so used to not having one. I never used it once, i think my husband heated something up twice late at night. Now it's sitting in its box in our garage. I'm quite happy to have noticed i didn't seem to need it at all, although, the main reason why i ever considered one was to heat up heat pillows and i simply don't have one now. If i get one for next winter i might set the oven up, but if i put it in the garage, i will first have to walk to the other side of the yard to get my warmth, so somehow i doubt i'd end up doing it 😜

But yes, i have always felt wary about them and reading the vortex thing some years ago made me even more wary. I doubt it makes any difference at all if something is cooked or re-heated, like tea water. Why would the fact that it has already once in its existence been boiled remove the effects of later microwave treatment? The only case where there could be a difference, IF heating time is a factor here (but is it?), would be cooking for 10 mins vs re-heating a warm dish for 1 min.

However, i have to mention my parents' cats. I'm not quite sure how many years of their lives it was, but many, if not all, they thawed at least one of their meals in the microwave every day. The other lived to 13 (died from rapidly progressed cancer everywhere), she was an Abyssinian and that seems to be a fairly average age for the breed. The other, a European domestic rescued from a litter found left to die in the woods, lived to 18 and died (or was euthanised rather, like both of them) from issues from old cat hypothyroidism. But they were both very healthy, wonderful cats until the last few months of their lives. So, meh, i don't know. I still wouldn't do it though, not until i understand the mechanism exactly, and understand it to be not harmful at all.

Edited by Miizle
*hypothyroidism, not diabetes
  • LIKE/LOVE 2

Miizle

Haha, i wrote it as if the cats used the microwave themselves 😄 Well, microwave ovens are so easy and convenient that even a cat actually could probably learn to use one if taught to (or rather, if shown many times but specifically told not to use it 😜 ).

But now this makes me think of all the parents that would encourage their kids to use them 😕 Argh. Seriously, being a parent sucks, because you're constantly thinking about all the children in the world and the perils of their lives -_-  I want a break. Fingers crossed Michael got the microwave effects wrong.

• LIKE/LOVE 2