AnnaD

Black Earth Rising

AnnaD

Black earth rising. Has anyone seen this yet? I hope it's good.I like this actress.

Edited by AnnaD
my keyboard now has a functional spacer button
  • LIKE/LOVE 3

AnnaD

This is good storytelling, a superb fearless smart character, and lots of intrigue. I am hooked, I think about it for ages after I have watched an episode. Kate's character is inspiring and admirable, and the story is about her. I recommend this show.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

NickF

Holy crap! Really gripping drama, complex and intelligent. Just finished episode 3 and look forward to more. Thank you Anna for the heads up!

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Jeroen

I have not had a chance to watch this series yet but see it is available on Netflix. I am planning to watch soon. Thanks!

• LIKE/LOVE 2

AnnaD

I finished this show last night. This is right up there in quality and storytelling with The OA and the best of OITNB and Russian Doll. 

I was sad when this finished, especially that phonecall between Mike and Kate, and what was left hanging, yet so much was answered and accounted for, in terms of learning how to be brave and courageous now that the political climate had come around to enable such vulnerability in building truth and transparency into Bibi and Alice's relationship, Kate and Mikes, and Kate and Florences.. Wow, just wow. I am gutted that actors Michaela Coel, John Goodman and Hugo Blick have finished *this* story, but I hope that they collaborate again real soon. 

Edited by AnnaD
  • LIKE/LOVE 1

NickF
8 minutes ago, AnnaD said:

I finished this show last night. This is right up there in quality and storytelling with The OA and the best of OITNB and Russian Doll. 

I was sad when this finished, especially that phonecall between Mike and Kate, and what was left hanging, yet so much was answered and accounted for, in terms of learning how to be brave and courageous now that the political climate had come around to enable such vulnerability in building truth and transparency into Bibi and Alice's relationship, Kate and Mikes, and Kate and Florences.. Wow, just wow. I am gutted that actors Michaela Coel, John Goodman and Hugo Blick have finished *this* story, but I hope that they collaborate again real soon. 

Just finished it too Anna and I would echo what you said. Really excellent and authentic acting. Just great storytelling all around. I’m glad we can share these recommendations here. Also loved Russian Doll and the OA too. 

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Wendy

I started watching last night.  Wow!

• LIKE/LOVE 1