The Two-Headed Calf by Laura Gilpin

William

Thanks

that was beautiful

-b

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 1

DanielaS

Thanks @William! This short poem makes me think about how Essence finds beauty and meaning in even the briefest of lives, even the "freaks of nature." Nothing is wasted.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Maureen
On 3/10/2019 at 4:15 PM, DanielaS said:

image.png

Yes, so beautiful @DanielaS! Thank you!! This reminds me of what Michael said to Oscar in his first session working through his Infant Soul Age and my reaction to it as I read about it. Now I'm wondering if my reaction was also intertwined with my memories of Michael when I first met them as they eventually decided to have me look up at "the stars" in order to calm me. I wonder if Laura Gilpin is "one of us"?

Q&A with Michael:

Maureen:  "... I must have some memories of the care and nurturing given by the Caretakers -- as I broke into tears when I read this from Oscar’s first account: "We will point out here that no bodies were discarded for being imperfect. There is no such thing to an Old Soul, and our caretakers were primarily Old.""

MEntity:  Your current Old Soulness, however, allows you to grasp the profundity of the nurturing and love for "all bodies" that the caretakers exemplified.

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 1

DanielaS

Great connection, @Maureen. I just recently read Oscar's Infant Lives post, so I must have had this on my mind.

EDIT:

Also, @Maureen, your wondering whether Laura Gilpin was "one of us" made me want to know more about her. She died in 2007 at just 57 years old. She was a nurse who worked for patients' rights. Here is a page about her:

http://www.thefullwiki.org/Laura_Crafton_Gilpin

The poem on that page ends, "nothing is wasted in nature/or in love."  Above in my comment to William I wrote, "Nothing is wasted."  Synchronicity tells me, yes, she is one of us. 😀

Edited by DanielaS
  • LIKE/LOVE 2

DanielaS

Update: Someone made a 'comic' of the poem! I don't care what shit people talk about social media, this is what I always find in it. Sharing and inspiration and connections and collaboration.

Edited by DanielaS
  • LIKE/LOVE 5