ENERGY REPORT: March 2019

Amira Sa'Di
On 3/18/2019 at 4:36 PM, KurtisM said:

I got to talk with some other students about a Resource-based Economy, Universal Basic Income and Technology as an addition to our life rather than a distraction or destructive addiction.

Even if the others didn't totally get what I was talking about, they were interested and I felt good for contributing and participating my insights without being in constant conflict.

(This brings the number of people I've talked about RBE with to about 40 in 5 months!)

There's suddenly been a huge leap in my Compassion these last few years and there's no way I can do everything I want to do to help but at least I can do something.

One person in class today brought up the benefit of Thinking Globally, but Acting Locally so that we don't get so caught up in these huge power structures of nations, corporations and governments that confuse and consume us. That way we bring our participation down to Earth first and just act when and how and where we can based on what we know.

I would of course agree with that.

Thanks for sharing, @KurtisM!  Speaking of RBE, I just watched the 2016 YouTube documentary "The Choice is Ours" with a couple of friends today hoping to stimulate some dialogue about a more sustainable future for us all. I think it's very important for us to cultivate our perspectives now so that the positive energy needed to effect serious global change can grow. I applaud your efforts to make people aware of these concepts. Personally, I'm intending to move myself into social circles where such discussions are the order of the day. I hate to say that this intent makes it necessary for me to move further away from the masses of my fellow African Americans, but that has unfortunately been my experience.

Your comment about compassion also resonates with me as I consider the impact that the legacy of slavery has had on expansive thinking in the African American community. I feel that the problem is a  bit overwhelming, but I choose to keep communicating--one being at a time.

Meanwhile, I'm working on my own personal choices and trying to reduce my carbon footprint a bit. I'm still struggling with the meat issue, but I have been having success with eating at least one vegetarian meal each day and continuing to research about plant-based protein sources and incorporate them into my diet. I also started carrying reusable grocery bags to the store this year, and I'm considering bamboo toilet paper. I like to think that every little bit helps, and it also sets an example for others to consider that we as humanity have to climb out of the soup together. Hats off to you!! 🙂

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • THANK YOU! 3
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KurtisM

• Leela Corman

• Troy

• DianeHB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ENERGY REPORT March 2019   2019 OVERLEAVES ROLE: Artisan (emphasized all year) CENTER: Moving (emphasized all year) GOAL: Flow → Acceptance/Discrimination (emphasized Jan

What we are seeing around us is the chaotic buildup to 2020 with 2019 being the pivotal year within a pivotal century. People who aren't sensitive to it, to Energy, are wondering "what's going on?". F

So validating, thank you Troy! I have been suuuuper frenetic as I've been flooded with all these ideas and plans for something I'm working on. Music and dancing has been helping a lot. Haha, my blog p

Posted Images

Marigold

So the European Union just took a very big backwards step and decided to screw up the internet in a way that will affect not only Europe but the rest of the world as well. Who wins? Lobbyists and bureaucrats in charge. I'm talking about the passing of the controversial Articles 11 and 13 from the  European Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market, which passed on 26th March after so many protests, letters and petitions against it. Some small changes were introduced  to make it seem ''better'' but nothing substantial.

You can read more about it here: What is Article 13? The EU's divisive new copyright plan explained and you can do additional research if you want.

First the problem with Net Neutrality, now this. People around the world will have to continue fighting for internet freedom and establish it because it's crucial for the transition to the Mature Soul paradigm.

Edited by Marigold
  • LIKE/LOVE 7
  • ANGRY 5
  • WHAT/WOW! 1
  • HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL
Troy
On 3/27/2019 at 5:26 PM, Sam K said:

It's not quite over yet.  Article 13 still has to pass the European Council to become law.

It’s pretty much over. This is bad. Really bad. 

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • SAD 2
Sam K
3 hours ago, Troy said:

It’s pretty much over. This is bad. Really bad. 

It's certainly possible to stop it at the EC (it's been done before, if very rarely), but the odds aren't in our favor, granted.  The countries most likely to cave and flip their vote seem to be Poland and Germany (ironically, since a German MEP's the one behind this whole thing).

Assuming it passes, the fight then shifts to the courts; there's already apparently a legal conflict with the article that'll have to be ruled on right out of the gate, and rights groups are already challenging it from other angles.

There'll also be a fight in each individual EU country over how exactly to apply it, since they each have to transfer the directive into their own national laws.  That'll likely lead to other avenues for opposition, especially in countries where the politicians weren't all onboard.

For non-Europeans, the most we can probably do on our end is stop the spread of the contagion, which means watching our politicians like hawks and laying the hammer down on any rep who so much as mentions the possibility of doing something similar.

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • ANGRY 1
  • HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL
Troy

@Sam K

What a mess. This will have world wide impact. I do not understand what is happening in this world anymore. We are not just stepping backwards, but stepping backwards off of a cliff. 

• SAD 3
  • ANGRY 3
15 minutes ago, Troy said:

I do not understand what is happening in this world anymore.

Same here.

Like we are kicking backwards. When you do not want to move forward, you are stagnating or moving backwards.

Currently, I am pondering about my own sanity. Am I overreacting to what is happening in the world, or has the world gone totally cuckoo?

Probably both.

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • LOL 1
Sam K

The harder they yank back, the farther we slingshot forward.  Not because it's inevitable (though in a sense, it is), but because those aligned with the Mature paradigm will make it so.

Sucks in the meantime, though.

• LIKE/LOVE 4
Christian

I feel like the odd ball here.  

It seems there is much confusion, anxiety, frustration, etc.

@Mike Cleverly has been posting at Brexit on his Facebook and it has been enlightening.

He stated that he sees Teressa May acting out fear.  Fear of losing personal power.  Fear of Labour getting power. Fear of no deal Brexit.  Just lots of fear and its causing her to act in inexplicable ways.

I found that very telling.

So much of what we see happneing is from fear.  Trump, Putin, is it Ping whose the chairman in China now.

It is all fear.  That fear is bleeding from the top.  And it is infectious.

But, we are growing weary of it.

I can say depression has been seeping in.  It always does.  But no more than usual.

So, I have kinda taken Michael's "advice". The driveway needs to be redone.  There are lectures to prep. Papers to grade.

I can't control the Kentucky turtle.  I can't control the orange embarassment. I can control those things in my immediate environment.

I can plant the garden.  Fix the driveway. Remove the chimney to stop the basement flooding.

Flow with the things I can't control. Work on the things that are rocks in the water.

Keep supporting the changes that wanted.

Like my wife said after the election.  We keep going.  

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • THANK YOU! 2
DianeHB

Not sure if this is part of the energy shift, but for the last day or two, I've had an insane amount of buzzy energy. Like I've had too much coffee, except I hadn't had any. I barely slept the last two nights because this energy keeps me awake despite taking sleep aids. This morning I'm bouncing around again as if I had coffee, except I haven't had any and didn't get much sleep. Work has been great though, and I've been confident and productive, though it's a bit too much energy for me to sit still. 

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • WHAT/WOW! 1
Nadine
36 minutes ago, DianeHB said:

Not sure if this is part of the energy shift, but for the last day or two, I've had an insane amount of buzzy energy. Like I've had too much coffee, except I hadn't had any.

Same here, @DianeHB! I sleep well, but I wake up way before my alarm and then I am ON. I usually need some time to wake up completely, but these last days I could have jumped out of bed and get started immediately. I don't feel that enthusiastic or optimistic, but the buzzy energy is definitely there.

• LIKE/LOVE 6
Evelin
2 hours ago, DianeHB said:

Not sure if this is part of the energy shift, but for the last day or two, I've had an insane amount of buzzy energy. Like I've had too much coffee, except I hadn't had any. I barely slept the last two nights because this energy keeps me awake despite taking sleep aids. This morning I'm bouncing around again as if I had coffee, except I haven't had any and didn't get much sleep. Work has been great though, and I've been confident and productive, though it's a bit too much energy for me to sit still. 

Same here, @DianeHB! I didn't mind translating 20 pages in what felt like 10 minutes, but otherwise this energy was indeed a bit much to focus on anything. Trouble sleeping, also, despite taking melatonin and drinking soothing herbal tea before bed and doing calming yoga. I have had some exciting long-awaited conversations with someone so I thought that's why the excitement, but now I wonder. Yesterday I calmed down considerably, though. Interesting times!

Edited by Evelin
  • LIKE/LOVE 7
AnnaD

I have felt on edge, not necessarily fear, but not confidence either, just a watching wariness, and yet knowing that I am (as Nick Cave said on "Brother my cup is empty") "into the fucking fray" (on zero energy but hey get into the ring and box like your life depended on it). Just that. 

Also it is the two week anniversary of the Mosque Massacre, and my sadness is ballooning in unexpected pockets, my Uncle has died, my partner's Uncle has died, I need a break from having to process and respond, and I know that I am not alone in that, we all need a break from either Brexit/Trump/Mosque Massacre/Bigotry/fighting against bigots.

I am dealing with being on edge by exercising, and fortunately I am sleeping well. I don't have any excess energy at the moment though.

• LIKE/LOVE 6
Ingun

I had some very busy dream activity during this Nexus (28-30th).

In one of the first dreams I especially remember seeing a transparent wristwatch, with a cover of curved glass and with a transparent plastic strap. Behind the curved glass was no digits or anything that could point to any digits. Instead the wristwatch just showed how everything worked together inside, and how the cogwheels/gears and everything in there was intertwined. I had it in my hands and wanted to put it on a shelf, which I did before I woke up.

Last night in my sleep I was hearing a lot people talking and debating in the background. I was too tired, and slept well except for all that business and activity going on. I remember there was 4 buttons symbolizing four different huge areas/topics in the world, and everybody was discussing what to do with that fourth one. The 3 other areas were already kind of cleared and agreed upon and would continue much as it had already been doing but with small adjustments. That fourth one was related to white male privelege but also generally to the male oppressing behavior of control and intimidation. The debates were especially about how much space we would continue to give to this and what would be allowed and not in the next phase. There was a lot about what the consequences would be if we chose this or that, and there were so many options and possibilities. There was one man there that symbolized the outdated male behaviors, and he was old, competetive, hard, stubborn, not showing much expression on his face, not expressing much either, at least not emotions, he took everything for granted because he was so used to getting everything in the way he wanted, and he was used to pushing everyone around him, his management or leader style was authoritarian both in the home and in public. The debates was kind of public, and I felt exausted upon wakening after two nights with that. I don't remember the discussions from the first night though.

• LIKE/LOVE 11
Leela Corman

I totally forgot there was a nexus this past week! During that period, I was on a brief trip out of town to teach. I was extremely sleep-deprived the entire day (my fault entirely because I'm bad at going to bed), and so didn't feel like I gave my best, but people seemed happy. I slept in a huge, beautiful airbnb and right before I woke, I dreamed what felt like a very significant dream about walking in a beautiful forest. In the dream, I remembered the Japanese phrase "forest bath", and realized that's what I was doing. The air seemed very charged, the colors were saturated, and I felt rejuvenated. The next day, in waking life, I returned home and some of my oldest dearest friends were visiting us from NYC with their kids. I spent the next couple of days immersed in conversations with them, especially my buddy N., who's also a cartoonist and with whom I have one of those friendships that can just pick up after any length of break, talking about art and trauma and music. We all went to a local nature site and halfway through our walk there I realized we were taking an actual forest bath, so I explained the idea to my 5-year-old and we planned out our next one. So this nexus was marked, for me, with some gentle, undramatic healing energy. Which I have needed. I love dramatic healing and dramatic experiences in general, but 2018 was so grandly dramatic it kind of exhausted me, and I'm still recovering from it.

@Ingun I love your dream so much!

In other news I saw something about the UN agricultural organization warning that we have 60 years of viable soil left unless we change our farming practices? Great.

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • SAD 1
  • THANK YOU! 1
KurtisM

"In other news I saw something about the UN agricultural organization warning that we have 60 years of viable soil left unless we change our farming practices? Great."

Lol @Leela Corman, add onto that from what I have read:

Max 100 years before bugs go extinct at the current rate of habitat loss.

Max 30 years before fish go extinct due to current rates of overfishing.

15-20 years before the next Automation Revolution replacing nearly all manual and computational jobs.

15-20 Years before we're low on Oil and Gas deposits.

15 Years before we reach 2 degrees warming causing irreversible climate change and counting.

5 Years before VR goes mainstream (this is cool if we see VR as an addition to our lives, but not if it becomes a distraction from the world).

9 Months until the big 2020 Turning Point.

Oh yeah and we have a Plastic Crisis especially in the oceans (and largely caused by overfishing waste), a cancerous Animal Agriculture industry, highly fragile Corporate Monoculture crops providing us toxic food internationally and... Bees are endangered (no bees= little pollination).

Ain't that nice.

I don't mean to share this from a pessimistic pov, but from a tragically hilarious one that can encourage us to do something different.

We actually are better off as a species from things like the "Green Revolution" and "Economic Growth through Postmodern Capitalism". But they've overstayed their welcome and if we continue to support them as standards we're pretty much killing ourselves.

Seriously guys we're not going to survive if we don't change.

It's either we go through an intense short term inconvenience to mitigate long term chronic  suffering. Or we accept the status quo and endure long term suffering for fear of an intense short term inconvenience.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 9
  • SAD 3
Sam K

Fortunately, we already know that there ARE parallels where we're successful in navigating these problems.  We can and will do this.  It's just a matter of bringing it about in the here and now.

Edited by Sam K
  • LIKE/LOVE 5
Christian

A fair point. 

It is going to happen on community levels.   I doubt we will see significant government action on any of these issues for at least 20 years.   In the US,  we need the ancient fossils of the past to die off.  

I can see neighborhood deciding collectively to take over the abandon houses in the area and tear them out and put in community gardens.  I can see farm plots being bought and converted to multi use solar farms.   At biosphere 2 they had an experiment running that grew tomatoes and other annuals under raise solar panels.  They discovered that the increased moisture produced by the plants helped to cool the panels and help them to operate 4% more efficiently. 

Capitalism is breaking.  It cannot provide solutions to the problems we are facing, because the problems don't have a profit motive.  There is no profit motive to saving insects.  The ones that would be saved would be those deemed cute or harmless  or not pests.   No one is going to advocate for saving misquotes even though several species of bats and birds would starve without them. 

Therefore, we need to do it through our own actions and collective actions with our neighbors and friends. 

• LIKE/LOVE 14
Christian
5 hours ago, KurtisM said:

Seriously guys we're not going to survive if we don't change.

It's either we go through an intense short term inconvenience to mitigate long term chronic  suffering. Or we accept the status quo and endure long term suffering for fear of an intense short term inconvenience.

I wonder......  Those that pushed so hard for the status quo...  the Jamie Dimond's of the world.  The Koch's etc.   Would they do like the timeline where nuclear war happened?  would they then come back and try to 'fix it'  or at least suffer what they wrought? 

It makes one curious. 

• LIKE/LOVE 1
KurtisM

@Christian your comment is interesting.

I think that what lies in the underbelly of Capitalism, and what will be exposed as rooted in most people's psyches, is the imprinting of a Republic.

According to Michael, a Republic is one in which only exclusive people can be voted in, or have their rights met, or have access and opportunity etc.

Their specific words are:

"We differentiate a Republic from a Democracy in that a Republic has a more specifically-defined body of qualified voters or elected representatives, while a Democracy seeks to include all people, even those who might not be obviously qualified."

I don't think Capitalism is about haves and have nots, it's more about the fuel for personal profit coming from everyone doing whatever they can to get that.

A Republic more so divides people into the exclusive and the common folk so I think that if Capitalism does soon dismantle, we're going to have to unravel the Republic ideology as well if we want a Global Democracy.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 2
  • WHAT/WOW! 1
Ingun

It helps that Observation Mode is coming into focus over April through June. This year is unique in that there will likely be a very brief dip into Surveillance, the Negative Pole, but most are shifting quickly into Clarity over April. We will discuss this more for April’s report.

For those students who may feel no resonance to this slow but steady move into a more calm and focused state, you would want to look first at your Moving Center and what it needs as a means of balance. What you need is likely some form of increased movement or stillness.

I had forgotten about this..., and was re-reading just now, and it's so validating.

I've been listening to Beethoven's Moonlight sonata over 3 days now, both days and nights. It resonates with the calm and stillness I'm into these days.

Edited by Ingun
  • LIKE/LOVE 4
Ingun
36 minutes ago, KurtisM said:

@Ingun, when it comes to beautiful piano music for calm and reflection I love Claude Debussy's "Clair de Lune".

Only a few songs have ever made me cry and that's one.

I think I might make a list of songs I remember crying about and post it here.

That's a wellknown piece of music, and I enjoy it too. It's so wonderful when music resonates with us or just hits some chord or string of truth in us and the tears just flow. I would love to listen to your list of songs one day.

That could actually be something for all to share with each other. 5 pieces of music/songs that moves us deeply.

I've enjoyed this version of the Moonlight sonata that I mentioned above, played by Jenõ Jandõ here or on this album on Spotify

Edited by Ingun
  • LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 1
  • Troy unfeatured this topic