CurvyWords

Scholars Meet Social Media

CurvyWords

So, the conversation about Scholars in the Michael Jackson/Leaving Neverland topic got me thinking about Scholars in general, since they are often an enigma to me. Even with my heightened perception and empathy it can be hard to pin them down with all that sliding that can happen. Mix that with the conversation about selfie culture and the Instagram era, I was so curious as to how Scholar souls might be expressing that mundane display of self.

Then I remembered! Of COURSE, studyblrs!

A studyblr is a Tumblr blog usually made by students to connect to other students, but it's very much so hip, modern. These are people that have managed to make learning cool and aesthetic. Very inspiring for those of us who hated school. I figure many of them who thrive in this community are some mix of Scholar and Artisan sensibilities.

image.png tumblr_pl813bJUBL1wxq9byo2_400.jpg

image.pngimage.png 

You can check out more at http://studyblr.tumblr.com/ and get connected to other studyblrs!

Granted, I haven't been in school for a long time, but I love looking at them. Something as basic and mundane as someone's notes has a somewhat relatable and comforting experience for me? Also! It makes me want to clean up my space and actually get started on my own work. Of course, studying is not the only thing to think someone is a Scholar, but I felt like this displayed a certain cross section for those who might not be aware it was a thing. Please enjoy!

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU! 2
  • WHAT/WOW! 1

Mike Cleverly

All those books with their spines hidden and turned to the wall...  what kind of monster DOES that? 😂 😀

• LOL 9
  • WHAT/WOW! 1

Felix

@Mike Cleverly Oh my god, looking at that actually makes me feel physically uncomfortable 😂

@CurvyWords Not sure if other Scholars feel like I do, but I never really got into Social Media. I'm 33 now and was one of the first people in high school to own a cell phone (as my father's company worked with them), but even then I didn't even like texting 😅. I am on Facebook to keep in touch, check out news on various channels but I seldomly participate. I also can't remember the last time I took a photo and posted it somewhere. While in university, I found Social Media useful to share news, homework and help each other out, but after that....

In some ways I feel so old, haha. I'm glad that I don't have to be a teenager today where Social Media seems to be an essential part of living.

• LIKE/LOVE 3