Jackie

Must watch OA on Netflix if you haven’t, 2nd season is on now and it is amazing...much better than the first...

i guess Netflix is trying to have the monopoly on theories of multiple universes/parallels.....they have several shows on the subject -

Russian Doll, OA, I wish I never Met You (this one is In Catalan, subtitles) ..I think OA is my favorite, great insights into these theories.....Hope u watch, Enjoy!

If anyone can recommend other shows on the subject, please do....

• LIKE/LOVE 10
  • WHAT/WOW! 1

Felix

Omg the second season aired now? I loved the first and introduced the bf to it....just this weekend we were talking about when the next season might air. I haven't checked the internet about it for a long time, so thank you very much for this information! 😄

Off the top of my head no other series with this kind of theme comes to mind....I'll get back to you if I think of anything.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

DianeHB

The Neflix shows Travelers and the Umbrella Academy both have time travel and changing the timeline elements to them, but the changes they make affect the current timeline rather than acknowledge separate timelines. Both are great shows though!

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Jackie

Felix - Enjoy the 2nd season !

Diane - Thank u for the recommendations, will look them up.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

NickF

Been enjoying the second season of the OA. It has developed the story quite well. A continuity exists, yet it has sprouted intriguing branches. Glad to see this thread. Thanks Pia 🙂

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Wendy

I almost started on Season 2 of the OA last night but then remembered how much I didn't understand of Season 1 (not to mention forgetting it all) and found something else.

I just finished Umbrella Academy after seeing it recommended here.  I thought it was ok.  I do tend to be a sucker for series from comics but some of the characters I really didn't like but I loved Number 5.  He was hilarious!

• LIKE/LOVE 6

NickF

This morning fortunately came across a great session that I’ve posted the link to below. Thanks  @DianeHB for asking Michael the profile on Brit Marling! Reading it gives insight into the person behind the OA series.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

CurvyWords

This is a sign, I've been meaning to watch The OA since it first came out but I had a sense I wasn't "ready" so to speak, to really absorb it so I never did. Someone else brought it up to me a week ago and here you are talking about it now! Definitely gonna check it out.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Kasia

Just finished Season 2 of The OA, and all I can say is I am damn happy I chose the parallel where Brit Marling chose to be an actress. Just...fucking...wow... 🤯  Golden Age of Television = what a time to be alive!

• LIKE/LOVE 6

CurvyWords

@Kasia I'm in episode 5....Absolute chills. This series is amazing. 

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Martha
On 3/26/2019 at 4:41 PM, Pia said:

I wish I never Met You (this one is In Catalan, subtitles) 

How is this one? At the moment, I don’t have a lot of patience for languages I don’t speak. Is it worth it?

Jackie

Martha...if subtitles is not your thing then I would say it’s not worth it....Russian Doll and OA are much better and in English.

Tincha

I'm currently watching The OA, and the movements remind me very much of a composition by Karlheinz Stockhausen, INORI, which I had the pleasure to hear and see last summer here in Lucerne at the KKL.

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • WHAT/WOW! 1